Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Pan's Wedding Dilemma ❯ Wedding Bells=Funeral March ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four. Wedding Bells, a Funeral of Love.

Pan is trapped. Her beloved parents turn against her, leaping upon her and restraining her. "Iie! Iie!", Pan screams in protests shaking her head violently. Pan knows the plans that lay before her. As much as she hates it, today is the day that she has to marry the younger brother of Trunks, Tank.

"NO! I don't WANT to get married!", Pan protests, struggling to flee from her family's grasp. "I know how you feel. Heck I was nervous right before I tied the knot with your mom.", Gohan relates. -.- "That's a completely different feeling altogether.", the young teen mutters. "Well, is there someone else you want to marry?", her loving mother inquires, still forcefully restraining her. A thoughtful look makes a slight appearance on Pan-chan's face, followed by a slight brush of pink around her cheeks. "Anyone at all?", Videl inquires again. "No…," Pan lies, "not really. I just don't want to get married at all!"

"Well I'm sorry Pan, but you're getting married whether you like it or not!", Chi-chi proclaims carrying Pan's gown carefully. She gives a stern look at Gohan, and he immediately takes off running as if a T-rex was after him. "You'll be happy and content once you've settled down. You won't have anytime to be running off and getting into fights.", her grandmother elaborates in a soothing manner. "Marriage isn't bad at all. Me and your father are very happy together. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I love your father very much and he loves me very much. And of course, we have you." Tears begin swelling up in Videl's eyes. "She's…all…grown up now…isn't she?" Chi-chi gives her daughter-in-law a sympathetic hug as tears start to form in her eyes as well.

The two mothers start crying about how happy they how, how old they feel, and how the life of another young lady is about to begin. Pan sees their sobbing as a distraction that she can use to sneak out. She begins to creep on her tiptoes when a sudden SLAM causes her to freeze in place like a deer before a car's headlights. She looks up at the direction of the noise to see her grandmother with a very stern face. "And WHERE do you think YOU'RE going?!" "Uh…put on my dress?", Pan lies. "Your dress is here.", Chi-chi informs holding out the beautiful white wedding kimono (note: Actual wedding kimono are very beautiful designed and filled with color. I'm not even sure one would consider wearing a white wedding kimono.)

"Chi-chi, have you seen Trunks? Bulma's been looking for him. He's suppose to be Tank's best man.", Videl comments. "I'll give Goten a call on his cell and have him look for him.", Chi-chi informs and steps out of the dressing room. "Well now to get you dressed. You're going to look so beautiful." Pan sweatdrops.

Goten is cruising at a casual pace in the air when his cell phone buzzes. He fumbles for it and drops it. He dives down after it, snatches it up, and answers it. "Hello? Oh mom. What's up? I haven't seen Trunks. Isn't he there? He's not? He should be! Okay, okay, quit yelling mom. I'll go look for him. I'll make sure he heads to the church ASAP. Okay. I love you too mom. Bye!" Goten sighs and hangs up his cell. "Man…I thought it was someone important. I better find Trunks before it's too late."

"You're so beautiful Pan!", Videl exclaims wiping a tear from her eye. Pan is fully dressed and her hair is put up in a decorative bun. "Goten's getting Trunks. Oh wow, Pan looks gorgeous!", Chi-chin informs walking in. "I don't WANT to get married and I don't WANT to wear these stupid clothes.", Pan protests. "You're getting married and that's FINAL!", her grandmother roars with a loud stomp of her feet. "I don't WANT to get married!", Pan yells back. "Well you ARE GONNA YOUNG LADY!", Chi-chi screams back. "Uh…Pan, you sure there isn't someone you want to marry?", Videl asks apprehensively. "NO!"

Meanwhile, Goten finally finds Trunks. "Hey Trunks! What are you doing here?", Goten greets. "Eh? Oh, it's just you Goten. What's up?", the lavender haired teen replies. "You're suppose to be at Pan's wedding, that's what's up." "WHAT?!" "You're suppose to be Tank's best man. Bulma and Chi-chi are both pretty ticked off that you're not there to participate.", Goten elaborates. "Pan's getting married today? I had no idea.", Trunks replies in earnest. "Then you better head over there ASAP." "What for?", Trunks retorts rolling his eyes sadly. "To tell Pan how you feel about her, that's what for."

"Tell Pan…I…I can't. I can't ruin her wedding like that.", Trunks stutters mournfully. "You're not going to ruin anything.", Goten insists. "Yah, but I know she doesn't love me." "Has she told you she doesn't love you?", Goten inquires. "She told me that there was someone that she liked. Not Tank. She wouldn't tell me who though.", Trunks notes. "She loves someone, but not Tank. Isn't that reason enough to stop the wedding? Just tell Pan how you feel about her. Let her know that there's someone who loves her, someone who cares about her, someone who wants her to be happy and marry the man she loves. Otherwise, you'd never be able to forgive yourself."

"Hey Goten, why are YOU at the wedding?", Trunks pries. "Cause I've got a date." "Why don't you take your date to the wedding then?" "No can do. She's afraid of weddings. Guess that makes her a keeper.", Goten winks. Trunks sighs. "You better get going or you'll regret it. I better get going too! I don't want to be late!"

Her father escorts Pan reluctantly down the isle. Both are obviously uneasy about the whole situation. "I know how you feel Pan, my mom's practically got a knife at my back to make sure you get married.", Gohan whispers apprehensively. "It's okay dad. I know you're on my side.", Pan whispers back. "Pan, you sure this is okay? I can't stop the wedding, but if there's someone else you'd rather marry over Tank, I might be able to pull some strings.", Gohan suggests. Pan's face is straight and blank, showing no response to her father's suggestion. They arrive where the priest and Tank are waiting.

Gohan takes his place as the priest eyes the pretty young lady. "My, my, you're quite a lucky man Tank." Tank rolls his eyes to the side while Pan clinches a fist. Chi-chi stands nearby, ever imposing. "Ah, yes, let's begin. Dearly beloved, we are all gathered here to day to stand witness before and to celebrate the union of these two fine young'ens, Pan Son and Tank Briefs. Now I've been informed that you two wish to skip the vows and I do's and go straight to the pronouncing. I normally don't do it that way, and under most conditions, I wouldn't even consider it. However, I think I can make an exception just this once. Now I pronounce you…"

The doors to the chapel suddenly fly open as Trunks storms inside. The priest looks up, losing track of where he was as Trunks comes soaring down the isle. He stops in front of Tank. "Scat kid.", he warns. Eagerly, Tank runs off. "Yes!", the young boy exclaims skipping out of the church and slipping out from under Bulma's grasp. "Pan, I can't let this wedding continue any further.", Trunks explains looking Pan in the eye. Pan looks up to meet his gaze, her cheeks turning pink. "No matter what you do, I'll always be there for you Pan." "Th…th…thanks Trunks. I…I…know.", Pan replies. "Pan, I, it's hard for me to say, but I have to say it. If I don't, I'll regret it for as long as I love. Pan, I love you. Will you marry me?", Trunks speaks getting down on his knees.

Her arms go flying around his neck unexpectedly. "Yes! I'll marry you Trunks! I've longed for so long to hear you say those words.", Pan replies, tears sweeping down her cheeks. "Awwww," fills the cathedral. "Well then, by the power invested in me, I pronounce you two man and wife. You may kiss the bride, sonny.", the priest speaks. Trunks immediately stands up sweeping Pan into his arms and leaning down into a very passionate kiss. After about a minute, their lips part in search of air. "We're married Trunks!", Pan exclaims. "Yes, we are. Let's get out of here!", Trunks suggests and flies off with Pan.

"GET BACK HERE TRUNKS! GET BACK HERE PAN!", Bulma and Chi-chi both cry out to no avail. They turn around and look at the priest. Their faces are consumed with wrath. "It's all YOUR fault!", Chi-chi complains. "You better go find them now!", Bulma adds. "Hey everyone, did I miss anything?", Goten inquires walking in. Chi-chi and Bulma's attention instantly turn to Goten.