Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Path To Adventures ❯ Two Girls And An Adventure ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Path To Adventures

Chapter One: Two Girls and An Adventure

By: Kei

The sun was slowly rising as the birds awakened singing their cheerful song. A girl walked down a wooden path humming contentedly to herself. She wore what looked like a light blue gi with a white belt tied around her waist. A monkey watches with mild curiosity as she walks underneath his tree carrying a huge ax. The ax looks much too big for the small girl, but she carries it with such ease. But, it seems that the monkey is more interested in the furry appendage wagging behind the child. The girl continues on as a cool breeze picks up and blows her loose raven colored hair around her face. Frowning a little she combs it back with her hand and continues on. "Here we are!" The girl says with a huge grin as she walks into a clearing. She looks around in search of something and her smile only brightens when she finds it. "Alright!" She declares jogging up to a huge tree. "This'll make great firewood." Her dark eyes shine with approvment as she spits in her hands rubbing them together before picking up the ax. Without a second thought she sets about chopping down the tree. "Chop! Chop! Chop!" She sings as she continues her chore.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On the other side of the mountain another young girl is busying herself as well. A girl, teenager actually, with azure hair and blue eyes sit leaning against a capsule car. Her hair is tied up in a pink bow to match the pink shirt and miniskirt outfit she is wearing. Her brows furrow with annoyance as she sits fiddling over a small circular object. A gun sits beside her ready to be used at any moment if need be. "I can't believe that stupid Pterodactyl." She grumbles as she picks up a small screwdriver and continues working on her little device. "Trying to eat me! I hope this legend is true. I'm too cute to die so soon." The girl continues working on her device and chatting casually to herself. Suddenly a beeping noise starts breaking the girl out of her one-sided conversation. "Eh? Alright, it's working again." The girl states proudly. Standing up she dusts herself off and pushes a button that sits atop the small device. Three small dots appear on a green gird-like screen. Two dots are very close together in the center of the screen while a lone dot sits bleeping not too far off. "Wow, I didn't realize I was so close to the third dragon ball." The girl says as her eyes brighten. "I better get going." She says as she gets into her car and speeds off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The raven-haired girl from earlier has finished chopping down the tree and stands in front of a small little house on top of a hill. A cloud carelessly passes by overhead casting a shadow over her. She stands still with grim determination in her eyes. Taking in a deep breath she runs towards the log grabbing it in her small hands. Gritting her teeth together she throws the log into the air at an astonishing speed. Quickly turning her attention to the now falling log she jumps high into the air and with a yell punches the log followed by a kick breaking it into many pieces. Slowly falling back down towards the ground she sends her body into a couple of back flips before landing gracefully on the ground. Standing up straight the sound of the wood hitting ground echoes throughout the clearing as the pieces land in semi-perfectly cut elongated squares. "Heh. That's my mornin' chores done." The girl says smiling broadly. The girl sets to gathering up the firewood and setting them alongside the small house. A loud rumbling noise is heard as the girl looks up to the sky. "Huh? Oh, guess now would be a good time as any to get myself some breakfast." The girl says smiling sheepishly as she runs into the house. "Grandpa, I'm going to go get some breakfast." She says as she grabs a pole from behind the door and tying it across her chest. "So I'll be right back." Without waiting for a response the girl runs out of the house towards the trail she traveled earlier.

The girl walks down the path looking around and only noticing a few small birds and some monkeys sighs to herself. "Sure wish I could run into a bear…or maybe a tiger. I haven't had a tiger in almost forever." She says to herself as she continues walking. Hopping up into the woods she jumps from tree to tree with the agility of a lemur. "Ah, this'll make a great snack." The girl declares as she grabs an apple. Walking down a path a grizzled old mountain lion walks down the trail in hopes of finding some careless monkey or even a rabbit to satisfy his hunger. BONK! Feeling something hit his head the old lion looks up and sees a monkey tail wagging almost as if tempting him to grab hold of it. But upon closer inspection the old mountain lion finds the furry tail attached to a small human girl.

'A girl?' The lion questions himself looking up at the child. 'It's been a while since I ate a human child. Easy enough prey and she's a lot meatier then some ol' monkey.' The lion licks its greedy lips at the thought of his prey. Letting out a growl the small child looks down at him. Her mouth full of food she blinks and waves at the lion. 'Fool.' The lion growls as he lunges up at her. To his surprise the girl leans back but somehow manages to flip around and underneath the branch she was sitting on. Landing on the forest floor and quickly turning around he sees the furry tail wrapped protectively around the branch.

"I don't think you wanna try and eat me." The girl says taunting as she takes another bite from her apple. The old mountain lion, not to be cheated out of his meal, growls and lunges again. Giggling the girl jumps down from the tree and starts running into the forest with the lion hot on her tail. "You gotta move faster then that if you wanna eat me." The girl shouts over her shoulder as she continues running. The mountain lion stubborn in his ways continues on in hopes of wearing the small child out. "Can't catch me!" The small child shouts laughing. The mountain lion's eyes light up as he realizes that the child is heading towards the forest cliff. An evil glint appears in his eyes as he realizes that the child has run herself into a corner.

'The fool will hafta stop once she realizes where she's going.' The lion says now drooling from the thought of the well-deserved meal he has already earned. Breaking through the clearing the lion lunges once again, for the last time, at the girl but cries out in surprise as the child disappears right before his eyes. Before the old mountain lion even realizes it he's jumped too far and finds himself plummeting to the river below.

"Hehehe." The girl giggles as she watches the lion fall into the river. She hangs from a straggly branch by her prehensile tail flashing the victory sign. "Now, that's taken care of." She says as she forces her body to swing on the branch. As she quickly picks up momentum she places her feet on the cliff wall and in a flash propels herself to the opposite side. "HIYA!" She shouts as she reaches the other side and pushes against that wall and out of the cliff back on the grass. "You know what…fish would be good for breakfast today." The girl says casually as she continues on her path to a meal. In a matter of minutes the girl found a huge pond, which was full of fish. This became evident when as she soon as she came in sight of the pond a small fish jumped out of the water in an attempt to catch a butterfly. "I hope you got a really big, big brother in there." The girl calls as she started to take her clothes off. Standing stark naked the girl turns around dropping the tip of her tail into the cool water. Looking at her tail she bobs it up and down as if it was a hook with bait on it. Inside the pond a few little fish gather around to investigate the new object that has invaded their pond. The little fishes' curiosity is short lived as a huge fish with razor sharp teeth swim by.

'Heh. Got ya! Stupid little monkey!' The fish declares boldly as he swims up towards the tempting tail. Sensing the impending bite that's coming the girl quickly leaps aside as the huge fish jumps out of the water. Without hesitation she springs back towards the fish nailing it with a powerful kick. The fish is killed instantly and falls back into the water. The girl cheers as she dives into the pond to retrieve her breakfast.

"What a catch!" She states as she proudly drags her fish home to fix for breakfast. The small girl makes her way back to the mountain road and walks down the street dragging her fish. The small girl earns a few odd looks as she walks on oblivious to everything around her. From the back it looks like a giant fish has somehow grown legs on its side and is slowly walking down a dusty road. The girl's reverie is short lived as she hears a loud roaring noise. "Huh? What's that?" The girl asks as she turns around looking down the road. Suddenly a huge object jumps over the hill barreling down towards her. The girl was so caught off guard that she has no time to react. Everything in her world goes black as she feels wind blowing past her body. Was she hit? Suddenly a bright white light flashes as a sharp pain shoots up her back and the smell of dirt evades her senses.

"Wha, what the hell was that?" The girl with the azure hair shouts as she opens her eyes blinking. "I hit a fish? A fish in the middle of the road?"

"OUCH!" The raven-haired girl shouts as she sits up rubbing her now sore head.

"What the? A kid?" The azure-haired girl says in disbelief. "I hit her…and…and she's fine?" Before the girl can even question the odd child she feels her capsule car begin to shake violently. "WHAT?" The girl watches in horror as her car is lifted from the ground. Hearing a strained grunt she watches in sheer terror as her car is thrown through the air easily crossing 30 feet before hitting the ground and toppling over three times before coming to a stop. "Good thing I wore my seatbelt." The girl comments as she notices that her car has landed on its side.

"TRY TO SNEAK UP ON ME, EH?" The girl shouts angrily as she springs up pulling out the long pole that was seated on her back. "THINK I'LL JUST GIVE YA MY FISH WITHOUT A FIGHT? YOU WERE WRONG!!" The raven-haired girl says as she goes into a fighting stance. "I'M READY FOR YA NOW!!" The girl shouts as she hears something struggle within the monster. Her eyes widen as she catches the glimpse of blue followed by pink. Cocking her head to the side she narrows her eyes trying to get a good glimpse at the strange creature inside the metal monster.

"YOU LITTLE FREAK!!" The azure-haired girl shouts as she quickly pulls out her gun and fires five times at her attacker. Relief settles in as she watches the raven-haired girl fall back. But, that relief was short lived as the girl quickly sat up crying out in pain.

"OUCH! OW! OW! O~OW!! THAT HURT!!" The raven-haired girl cries as she rubs her head. "WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR?"

"What?" The azure-haired girl whispers to herself as she quickly looks at her gun and back at the girl. "Didn't, didn't I shoot you?"

"YEAH! Where do you get off attacking people?" The raven-haired girl demands as she stands up dusting herself off.

"ME? YOU ATTACKED ME!!"

"NUH-UH!! YOU HIT ME WITH YOUR METAL MONSTER!" The girl shouts back poking at the car with her pole.

"YEAH, WELL…well," The azure-haired girl looked down unable to think of anything to prove that she was right and the little girl was wrong.

"Say, is this monster yours?" The raven-haired girl asks stepping back to get a good look at the visitor.

"Yeah. And it's not a monster." The azure-haired girl answers keeping a close eye on the raven-haired girl warily. "It's a car."

"A car, huh? I've never seen one of them before." The raven-haired girl admits as puts her pole away satisfied with the answer. "Say, does that mean you live in a city with a whole lot of people and other…cars?" The girl asks excitedly.

"Yeah, I do." The azure-haired girl says nodding her head. 'What a country boob.' The girl thinks to herself as she raises an inquisitive eyebrow.

"I've never met anyone from the city before." The raven-haired girl says smiling up at the older girl. "It's only been me and my grandfather."

"Oh…that's nice." The azure-haired girl says not sounding in the least bit interested as she starts looking around. Suddenly she feels a cool breeze blow against her backside. Turning around she finds the raven-haired girl lifting up her skirt. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" She shouts as a blush creeps across her cheeks and pulls her skirt down holding it tightly to her body.

"I was just wondering what you did with your tail." The raven-haired girl says simply as her tail wags.

"Tail?"

"It wasn't cut off or anything was it?" The raven-haired girl asks with concern in her eyes. "If so I'm sorry to hear that."

"Uh…I wasn't born with a tail." The azure-haired girl answers nervously.

"Oh…well, that's alright. Hey, since you're my first guest in…well…I never had a guest before." The raven-haired girl says as she starts to mutter to herself. "Anyway, I'll show you were I live and cook some breakfast for you."

"Oh…alright." The azure-haired girl says smiling feeling a bit more comfortable then before.

"I'm Son ChiChi." The raven-haired says introducing herself.

"Nice to meet you, ChiChi." The azure-haired girl says bowing as she watches ChiChi pick her fish and start walking down the road. "Uh…do you want to know my name?"

"Sure." ChiChi says smiling.

"Bulma. Bulma Briefs." Bulma says jogging to catch up with ChiChi.

"Bulma? Bulma Briefs?" ChiChi questions looking back at Bulma over her shoulder.

"Yeah." Bulma could only roll her eyes as ChiChi starts laughing uncontrollably chanting her name over and over again. "HEY! I didn't pick my name, you know."

"Yeah, but it's funny!" ChiChi says still laughing.

"Well…well, AT LEAST MY NAME DOESN'T MEAN BREASTS!!" Bulma shouts quickly silencing ChiChi.

"Yeah." ChiChi says as her eyes grow dark and are hidden underneath her bangs.

"Uh…I'm, I'm sorry, ChiChi." Bulma quickly apologizes noticing the girl's sudden silence.

"That's alright, Bulma." ChiChi says brightening up. "But, we are quite a pair, huh? Panties and breasts." ChiChi starts laughing at her little joke. Bulma couldn't help but laugh either considering the comment and ChiChi's own enjoyment from the joke.

"So you live all the way up here in the mountain?" Bulma asks looking for more conversation.

"Yeah, just me and my Grandpa." ChiChi says smiling.

"So what do you do?" Bulma asks becoming more and more interested in her new companion.

"Well my Grandpa trained me to be super strong." Before Bulma could ask ChiChi what she meant by 'trained' ChiChi spoke up. "Here we are." ChiChi declares as the pair comes into sight of ChiChi's home. "GRANDPA!! I'M BACK!!" ChiChi shouts as she leaves the fish outside and runs inside. Bulma only shrugs her shoulders as she follows ChiChi inside. "I brought a guest too, Grandpa." ChiChi says as she kneels in front of a table. Bulma looks around with a scrunched up nose at the small little shack, but her eyes quickly brighten as she sees an orange ball with four red stars sitting on a red cushion in front of her hostess.

"HAHAH!! It's a dragon ball!" Bulma shouts as she knocks ChiChi aside and picks up the ball.

"HEY! PUT MY GRANDPA DOWN!!" ChiChi demands as she reaches up and snatches the orange ball from Bulma's hands.

"Grandpa? You don't seriously believe that, that little ball is really your grandfather, do you?" Bulma questions.

"Of course, it's not really my Grandpa." ChiChi says angrily clutching the ball protectively to her chest. "But, this is one of the few things I left to remind me of him." She says as her eyes sadden and she looks lovingly at the ball.

"Well, check this out, ChiChi." Bulma says smirking as she reaches into pouch and pulls out two more orange balls.

"Hey! Did you get those from my Grandpa?" ChiChi asks moving closer to get a better look at the two balls.

"No, I found these." Bulma says as she sets the two balls down a table and sits down followed by ChiChi. "There's a legend behind these balls." Bulma starts as ChiChi sets her ball next to Bulma's. (A/N: oO? You know what I mean.) "I found these two and asked around about them. Nobody knew anything of them, but eventually I found an old book about myths and legends." Bulma said as ChiChi watched the three balls glow lightly. "According to the legend there are seven of these orange balls. Each ball has a certain number of stars going from one to seven."

"Grandpa's ball has four stars." ChiChi said counting the stars. Odd, how she had never cared to notice how many stars were on the ball.

"Yeah, and I already have the two star ball and the five star ball." Bulma says pointing at each said ball.

"So what will happen when you find all seven?" ChiChi asks looking at the ball with an all new respect and awe.

"Well, according to the legend once all seven dragon balls are brought together you chant some magic words. Then Shenlong, a huge magical dragon, will appear and grant you one single wish."

"Wow." ChiChi whispers as she smiles happy with the thought that her grandfather had left her such a special and magical heirloom. "So what are you going to wish for?" ChiChi asks looking up at Bulma.

"Well…according to the legends others have become kings and queens with their wish. Although having the entire world adore and honor me is tempting, but what I really want is the perfect boyfriend." Bulma said as she becomes starry-eyed and she blushes.

"A boyfriend? What's so hard about finding a boy who's willing to be your friend?" ChiChi asks not understanding the concept or why anyone would make such a pointless wish.

"Don't worry. You'll understand when you're older." Bulma said brushing ChiChi's comment off. "So, that's why I really need your dragon ball, ChiChi." Bulma said holding her hand out, as if, expecting ChiChi to just hand the ball over.

"No." ChiChi says sticking her tongue out at Bulma. "My Grandpa gave me this ball and I'm not letting anyone take it from me."

"Really, huh? That's too bad." Bulma said sighing. Unbeknownst to ChiChi, Bulma had an evil and mischievous glint in her eye.

"Why's that?" ChiChi asks her child curiosity kicking in.

"Well, I mean, you're up here all alone and by yourself. I'm sure your grandfather would just love it if you left. Traveled to see the world. Train to become even stronger then you are now. I mean ChiChi there are so many things to see and experience in the world beyond this mountain." Bulma says trying not to laugh as ChiChi's eyes widened with anticipation and the thought of having such an adventure.

"Really?" ChiChi asks hopefully. "And you really think Grandpa would be proud of me if I left home and traveled with you?"

"Of course." Bulma says smiling. "Besides, who better to see the world with then another girl, huh?" Bulma asks.

"Uh…alright, I'll go." ChiChi says nodding her head.

"GREAT!" Bulma shouts clapping her hands together.

"But, I get to keep my Grandpa." ChiChi states pulling the dragon ball close to her body again.

"Okay, okay, okay. You're a tough one, ChiChi." Bulma says smiling. "Just remember once we get all seven dragon balls you have to let me borrow yours for a second, okay?" Bulma asks.

"Okay." ChiChi says as she turns and starts gathering her things.

'Heh. Little does the little monkey-tailed Amazon realize once I make my wish the balls will turn to stone and disappear for an entire year. Besides she's unbelievably strong and will make a great bodyguard.' Bulma thinks as she watches ChiChi pack her things up. "Ready yet, ChiChi?" Bulma asks.

"Yeah." ChiChi says stuffing her dragon ball into a brown pouch and tying it to her belt.

"Great. Let's go." Bulma says as she walks outside.

"HANG ON A SEC, BULMA!!" ChiChi shouts as she follows Bulma outside.

"What is it?"

"I still gotta eat my fish." ChiChi says pointing at the fish that still sat outside. "Waste not, want not. My Grandpa always said." ChiChi says as she grins and begins starting a fire to cook her catch. Bulma's shoulders' slumps as she slowly collapses to the ground.

"Yeah, right." Bulma whimpers as she watches ChiChi cook her fish, tail wagging excitedly. "I hope I won't regret this." Bulma says to herself as she watches ChiChi dive in eating the entire fish.

"Sure you don't want any?" ChiChi asks with her mouth full of food. Bulma only smiles weakly as she shakes her head 'no'.

"Please don't let me regret this." Bulma grumbles to herself as she buries her head into her hands.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alright, so what did you guys think? I wrote this chapter and, hopefully, story in hopes that this'll get the creative juices flowing again. I just don't get it. I try and I try and I try, but I can't seem to update any of my other fics. Don't get me wrong I'm really trying hard, but…what I write basically in a word, SUCKS!! But, you guys know the drill. READ! REVIEW!! I'm not asking you guys. I'm telling you to at Email Kei. So Ja.