Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Plotting to Win ❯ He's a Tramp ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Dragonball Z and its characters are owned by several people, including Akira Toriyama, Shonen Jump, Bird Studios, Toei, Viz, and Funimation. In other words, it doesn't belong to me. No money was made from the creation of this story, and in fact money was lost from the use of utilities needed to power the laptop I work on.

Plotting to Win
by Lady Lark

Chapter 1: He's a Tramp

Parties held at the home of Capsule Corporation's founding family, the Briefs, typically fell into one of two categories: boring disasters or thrilling disasters. Currently it appeared that tonight's soiree was going to fall in the boring variety with its usual mix of stuffy society types rubbing elbows with even stuffier scientists. The music, a particularly unsuccessful cross between lounge and elevator genres fused with Big Band, did little to alleviate the dull atmosphere.

Naturally, most of the Briefs' family hated them.

Goten loved them. No matter which category they fell into Goten knew how to make the most of it. If it was a thrilling party, Goten could find some attractive young woman and save her from the invariable catastrophe, which were most frequently caused by Vegeta, the various members of the Z gang or in his younger years by Trunks and himself. At the very worst, the thrilling disasters made for good conversation. If it was boring, Goten could simply exercise his considerable charm to make some lucky lady's life a little livelier for the course of the evening.

Goten's goal, of course, was fairly simple. He wanted to get laid. The more frequently, the better.

Currently, he was finishing up an exchange that would leave him with the phone number along with an invitation to a young Capsule Corporation scientist's apartment. He finished writing down the address into his little black book and leaned over to whisper a soft thank you into the woman's ear. After planting a kiss on her shoulder, he turned and walked across the red lantern illuminated yard to where Trunks was.

The young company president stood leaning against one of the walls of the compound with his arms crossed, looking like a pastel-colored version of his father. He acknowledged his best friend, with a short nod before turning to glare at the festivities again.

"I hate this," Trunks muttered. "I really hate this."

"I know, bro."

"I don't know why she can't get someone else to do her dirty work for her? I don't like being forced into doing anything and she knows it."

"Hey, give your Mom some slack. She had to host these things when she was younger. And we sure as hell didn't make them easy for her," Goten said with a grin. "Remember that one time when we spiked the punch with that new formula of your grandfather's." Trunks gave him a blank look. "You know, the one that he was making up for actors to use so that they could get a better vocal range but he hadn't perfected. I still can't forget your father talking like a demented mouse. The grounding we got was so worth it."

Trunks smiled. "Yeah, those were good times. But too bad something like that isn't gonna happen tonight. I could use a good laugh. These things are just so annoying. I wish I could pull a Papa and blow up the band then just fly away."

"Tonight's not all that bad, Trunks. Granted the music blows dead walrus chunks, but the rest of the night ain't that bad. At least not for me. I got two hot chicks numbers and that yummy scientist over there has invited me back to her place for a night cap. I could share her with you. I don't think she would mind considering the way she is eyeing you right now."

The other man glanced over to where he was pointing. Sure enough, the woman Goten had talked to earlier was appraising Trunks with a predatory gleam in her eye.

Trunks shuddered. "Ugh. Please tell me you don't mean Dr. Black."

Pulling out his address book, Goten flipped to where he had written down her information. "Yep. Wida Black. What's wrong with her?"

"Oh nothing major, only just that she has a reputation of eating men alive. And then there was the time that she showed up to my office to present her reports wearing only a labcoat and nothing else."

"Kinky. So what did you do?"

"What do you mean? I asked her to leave. I do not want members of my staff getting the idea that pulling stunts like that will get them into my bed. I have enough troubles with that as it is."

"Trunks, Trunks, Trunks. You poor, poor man. Having attractive females throwing themselves at you all the time," Goten mock sympathized. "Most guys would kill to have all of the female attention that you get."

"Yeah, well 'most guys' aren't me. I'm just not interested in any of them. Besides casual sex isn't my thing. I want something more meaningful."

"That's your hang up then. Me give me some nice, no strings attached nookie and I'm a happy man."

"I know. And look at the women you get, women who are just as predatory as you are or women who are trying to use you to get to me because you're my best friend. Not a single girl you've dated is a prize."

"Hey!"

Trunks continued ignoring Goten's indignant outburst. "I bet that your much vaunted charms wouldn't work on a nice, normal girl."

"Oh yeah?!"

"Yeah. I bet, that if I picked the girl, that you wouldn't be able to seduce her."

"Really? Just try . . . And no tricks like picking lesbians or old married women."

"Nope, no tricks like that. Just a nice girl from a good family. I won't pick a dog either. In fact, I have someone in mind."

"Who?"

"Her."

Goten looked where Trunks was pointing and did a double-take. "WHAT!?"

"Try to seduce her."

"You're joking!"

"Nope."

"Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Nope. Are you saying you can't do it?"

"I ain't saying that! But her?"

"What's wrong with her?"

"What's wrong?! She's your bloody sister! That's what's wrong, you moron!"

"So?"

"You're going to get me killed!"

"No, I'm not."

"Yeah right! What about your father?"

"What about him?"

"Bra is his little girl, your father would kill me if I just looked at her funny."

"So you're telling me that you are afraid of my father?"

"Hell yeah. And it ain't fear; it is a healthy respect. I respect that your father can hand my ass to me blindfolded and with one hand tied behind his back."

"Look, I'll make your life easier. If my father finds out, I'll deal with him."

"How generous of you. Do you really think that you will be able to stop him?"

"Yep."

"That is sooo comforting. Vegeta'll just beat you first before pulverizing me."

"It sounds like you are too chicken to take the bet."

Goten glared at Trunks. "I am not chicken!"

"You're clucking like one."

"I am not!"

"Suuure."

"Okay, you say you'll take care of your father. What about your mom?"

"Mom likes you and I can handle her as well. You just gotta deal with Bra."

"Yeah and speaking of Bra, she's only seventeen."

"So?"

"She's underage, you idiot!"

"She'll be eighteen in a couple weeks, so no worries there. Any other excuses you would like to try?"

"I ain't making excuses!"

Trunks snorted. "Whatever. Sounds like you're trying to weasel out of it to me."

Throwing a venomous glare at his supposed best friend, Goten glanced over to where Bra was standing surrounded by a gaggle of teenagers. For the first time he found himself appraising her as an actual woman, not as Trunks' annoying kid sister. What he saw surprised him, somehow she had managed to grow into a stunning woman without him noticing. How did she manage to do that, he wondered. Like her brother, she had her mother's coloring mixed with her father's unmistakable Saiyajin features. But on her, they were softened. They looked good.

"Like what you see?" Trunks voice intruded into his assessment.

Goten nodded.

"So do you accept the challenge?"

"Yeah, I do. You're sure that you will be able to keep your parents from killing me?"

"Would it make you feel better if I swore?"

Goten nodded

"I, Trunks Vegeta Briefs, swear to you, Goten Son, that I will keep my parents from killing you no matter the outcome of this dare. Does that work?"

"Yeah. Okay, a few more questions. Are you going to be okay with me seducing your sister?"

"You're assuming that she'll be seduced."

"Trunks, I have yet to lose a bet. I am going to seduce and make love to your baby sister. Are you going to be okay with the fact that Bra is going to lose her virginity to your best friend?

"Goten, I think that Bra will surprise you. She isn't going to be one of your easy Wham-Bam-Thank you Ma'am conquests. She is her mother's daughter and what's more she is her father's little girl. You are the one who will have to watch out. She knows you and she is not going to fall for some cheesy lines and a few trite compliments. If you are going to end up in her bed, you are going to have to work. And I don't think that you will do the work needed."

Grinning, Goten looked at his friend. "Thanks for the advice."

"No charge. I don't know how much it will help you, though."

"So are you going to set some kind of time limit on this?"

Trunks stared at his sister and her friends in thought. "Hmmmm. Good point. How does two months sound?"

"Like you are just looking to lose, my man. Two weeks of my charm and she will be eating out of my hand."

"Okay, if you think it is too easy. How about a month? That will give you plenty of time."

"Sounds good. Are you ready to lose?"

"Are you?"

Goten just looked at Trunks incredulously. "I am not going to lose."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

~*~
AN: Welcome to yet another story that won't leave me alone. The Idea for this one came from the monthly fanfiction challenge hosted on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/0-DBZ-FanFiction/ for the month of April. The challenge was to write a story featuring a prank. I think this one qualifies. As I said, this story won't leave me alone. As of right now, I have about ten chapters planned total. Although it could change either way. Oddly enough, I have about half of the next part done as well as the central scene in the story's climax in addition to bits and pieces of random chapters. This story is partially a dream that I hadt his morning, April 11, 2004. And partially whatever has reguritated out of my brain since in about four hours of writing.

The Title of this chapter comes from the title of a song in Disney's "Lady and the Tramp" And like Moonlight Confessions, I found this story nigh impossible to name. Literally my sounding board and beta, Rhianikki, and I were flinging titles back and forth and nothing sounded good. This story almost got named "Cake or Death: The Impossible to Name Random Romance Using an overused Plot Device" before we settled on this one.

I want to thank Rhianikki for being a great sounding board and advisor even though she is fairly new to DBZ.

I also want to thank the members of the 0-DBZ-Fanfiction list for all of their encouragement.