Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rebirth of Destruction ❯ The Last Resort ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Goku’s eyes widened in horror as he watched the whirlpool where Paikuhan had been sucked into disappear leaving only the wizard that had created it in its place. A sudden scream from below made him whirl around to find Chichi in Videl’s arms, the younger of the two women helping the other crawl away from an intense white light.

“Goten!” Chichi shrieked, but as the light dimmed away only a slightly disoriented Koola rose up from where the brightness had been.

Goku’s eyes narrowed as he turned back to face Freeza. His nemesis floated a few feet in the air, arms crossed and a smug smile on his lips.

“What did you do?” Goku ground out.

“That’s for me to know…” Freeza answered, his figure wavering in and out of sight. Suddenly, it winked out of view, leaving an eerily disembodied voice in its wake. “And, well… you not to find out.”

Now the fighters were alone.

No one inside the room dared even breathe for fear something else might happen as abruptly as the last few events had happened. The silence grew as everyone stared at everyone else in shock. Time seemed to stop and everyone struggled internally to allow the events to sink in.

Snapping out of his reverie, Vegeta swiftly turned and seized Bulma’s arm. “C’mon, we’re leaving.”

“Wait, Vegeta,” Bulma called as he began to drag her out. “Where are we going? And what about the others?”

Vegeta ignored her questions, instead picking her up off the ground, being mindful of her current condition. Bulma opened her mouth to say something else, but was silenced as Vegeta called to the rest of the group over his shoulder. “Unless you want to stay behind, I suggest we leave now. Freeza must not be allowed to get far. Not with my daughter.”

Gohan was the next to snap out of his shock. “He’s right, let’s go!”

Following Vegeta’s example, he leaned over and helped his now younger-looking mother to her feet. Then he hooked his arms under her shoulders and knees and lifted her up against him. With Videl closely behind, he began to trod after Vegeta.

“Wait, everyone!” Ailill called out.
Vegeta stopped, his back rigid at the sound of the other man’s voice, but refused to turn around.

“It’ll take too long to find the exit,” Ailill continued. “There has to be a way we can get to the ship faster.”

“How?” Dende asked. “We’ve already tried using our magic and it’s blocked.”

“Perhaps we can use it now that they’re gone…” Ailill replied.

Goku shrugged and brought his fingers to his forehead. It was worth a try…
Before anyone could blink, he was gone, only to reappear again mere seconds later. “I guess it works,” he concluded. “C’mon, everyone, we’ll go back to the ship.”
  
~oOo~

They were back at the ship in seconds, and everyone immediately got to work on the take-off. Vegeta set Bulma down on one of the beds and allowed Videl to look after her while he went off to make sure Ailill didn’t mess up their escape. As he got to the view port, he looked outside just in time to see another ship disappearing from their view. Narrowing his eyes, he set his mouth in a straight line and sat in the copilot chair.

“Hurry up,” he snapped at Ailill, making the other man jump with unease before nodding quickly.

“Don’t worry, Vegeta, we’ll catch up to them,” Goku said, appearing through the door.

Vegeta shook his head, eyes not leaving the spot where Freeza’s ship had just disappeared. “If I know Freeza,” he murmured, “he’s not going to let us out of here easily.”

Ailill flipped a few switches and with a lurch, the ship lifted from the ground.

“What do you think he’ll do?” Goku asked, taking the seat behind the pilot’s and buckling his seatbelt. He didn’t have to wait long for an answer.

As if on cue, a ball of light appeared directly above them. Three pairs of eyes widened in alarm, as Ailill frantically pushed buttons and managed the controls to give the ship speed. Vegeta joined in the piloting from the copilot’s side, aiding on the ship’s ascent. Everyone felt the ship’s protests in the form of vibrations and violent reels as it raced away from the soon-to-die moon.

Ailill cursed silently as he felt rather than saw the cry of pain coming from the world’s mortal wound. Quickly realizing the ship would not survive the blast; he did the only thing he could think of. Trusting the fate of those on onboard to Vegeta’s piloting skills, he concentrated all his ki into protecting the frail ship. Vegeta’s curses at his sudden apparent passing out were blurred away as the lethal shockwave and the mage’s ki engulfed the spacecraft.

Outside a world was destroyed.

In a sudden flash of light, the once peaceful moon was no more. The void of space swallowed all possible sound that came from the deathblow. In the blink of an eye, the vortex of light and chaos expanded into fiery rings, like waves over the sand, which carried the remains of the small moon in an amazingly beautiful yet deadly display of color and light.

The shock reached the ship a few seconds afterwards rocking and tossing it amidst the turmoil of all the destruction. Vegeta threw Ailill off the pilot’s seat and immediately ordered everyone to grab hold of something while struggling to regain control of the vessel. The only thing visible through the view ports was an ocean of fire and energy from the dead world. A chunk of planetary debris suddenly hit the hull of the ship, spinning it off course and causing all the lights inside it to go out. The vessel tossed and turned for a few more minutes before finally falling still. Ailill’s eyes came back into focus as the danger passed and he struggled onto his feet to examine what damage had been done to both craft and crew.   

~oOo~

Freeza, most powerful being in the universe, gazed at the stars that flashed by without really seeing them. The vista offered by the viewpoint of the command deck of his ship was truly magnificent, but at the moment his mind was even farther away than the celestial bodies around him. Once again he had claimed what was rightfully his. His wine colored lips curled at the thought. To rule the thousands of worlds they were flying by was his destiny. To be the strongest, his birthright. To prove it to the universe, his motivation…

His sneer widened as he felt the ripples of his new power pulse through his veins. Yes, this host had been an excellent choice. Not only had taking control of it been extremely easy, but the Saiyan baby also mediated the power it had suddenly received well. He clenched and unclenched his fists in satisfaction. It sure felt grand to be alive again. He would take this new talent and multiply it; he’d train and grow stronger still. Once again, the reality of this dimension would be at his mercy.

“I take it you have quickly grown accustomed to you’re new life, Koola,” Freeza said turning away from the window to his brother who absentmindedly looked over Dalia’s shoulders as she worked on the ships main computer. Little did Freeza know that he had interrupted similar thoughts from the elder of the two.

“Yes, Brother,” Koola replied turning to face him. “I’m not sure who that other green creature was, but his strength was gratefully received. Not to mention the expression on Son Goku’s face when he realized his brat was now mine, it was priceless.”
Freeza chuckled. “Yes, it was. Finally, the last of the Saiyan scum has been annihilated, and by their own children’s power. The irony of it all is too sweet to be true.”

Koola smiled then turned to their master wizard who stood gazing out to the stars in the shadows a few meters away. “Ingenious, Coran.” Koola praised. “Your performance was top notch. Flawless to the last spell. I must say I had my doubts about your abilities. I am glad to be proven wrong.”

Coran turned away from his thoughts to face his master. “Only fulfilling my duty, my lord,” he replied with a respectful bow. “I am honored by your praise.”

Dalia lifted her eyes from the screen noticing the strange tone of Coran’s voice. She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully for a moment trying to decide what exactly about it did she find odd. He had been thoughtful and quiet since they had departed from the moon base. Wondering for a moment if perhaps the death of his brother had him like this, Dalia furrowed her brow, but quickly discarded the idea. She had known Coran for years, and with the exception of the first few months, Coran had always had a cold hatred for the elder twin.

She had quickly readied the ship after the Eternal Dragon had disappeared. It hadn’t been too long before her masters and Coran had joined her aboard. Like they had predicted, they weren’t pursued. The Saiyans were too baffled by the events to decide on a rapid course of action. As soon as they had lifted up from the surface, Freeza had ordered her to destroy the world. She had complied, destroying with a ki-blast all the life left on the small moon and leaving it as just another rubble field that littered space. She smirked. She knew neither the monkeys nor their companions could breathe in space, and even if they had by some miracle survived the blast, the planetary shock wave had wiped out everything for miles.

Needless to say, the twin wizard had died with them. She wondered for a moment if perhaps she was wrong about Coran. Maybe he did feel for his brother’s death.

“…And our new cargo is secure, right Dalia?”

Dalia quickly returned her attention the Glai’keel-jin prince. “Yes,” she replied. “Your second wish is secured. It will be easy to bring King Kold back from the dead now.”

“And his ‘welcome home’ present is safe?” Freeza inquired.

“Coran has the son of Vegeta locked up below deck,” Dalia informed him coolly. “I am sure your esteemed father will be glad to see him again after so long.”

“With him will the Saiyan race die,” Koola spoke. “Perfect.”

“How much longer until we arrive home?” Freeza asked.

“Little over a week, sire,” she responded checking on the navigation’s computer. “Shall I order a receptions committee for your arrival?”

“It won’t be necessary,” Koola told her. “Though there should be one for when our father arrives.”

“Yes, my lord.”

“If all is in order, I shall retire for the rest of the evening,” Freeza said walking towards the doors. Both Dalia and Coran bowed briefly as the Ice-jin prince departed. It was a few minutes before Koola broke the silence that had fallen over the room.

“When Father is back,” he said to no one in particular, “Yes, all things will be avenged.”

“Your people will welcome the return of their King,” Dalia told him. “The presence of Lord Freeza and yourself has considerably lifted their spirits.”

Koola turned to her and chuckled bitterly. “It must have been hard to see a dynasty die…” he smirked. “But now, it will be reborn stronger than ever.”

Dalia nodded then looked up to see that Koola too was leaving.

“Take over until we return,” he ordered and disappeared beyond the automatic doors.

Dalia took a few moments to study the people left in the room. Besides Coran and herself, the rest were the technical engineers, all of the incredibly grateful at being chosen to be spared from when the moon was destroyed. Every one of them knew what she was capable of, so she feared no interference with her orders. Deciding to take the moments alone, Dalia walked towards Coran.

Something was bothering him, she was sure of it now. His usual self-confident posture was missing, and doubt was written all over his face.

“What’s troubling you?” she asked finally.

Coran turned from his contemplation to regarding the beautiful alien girl thoughtfully. Dalia raised an inquisitive eyebrow before the magenta-hair mage motioned for her to stand next to him. She walked up to the view-port and followed his detached gaze out to the infinity of stars.

“Stretch out with your senses,” Coran spoke suddenly. “What do you feel?”

Wondering where he would go with this, Dalia closed her eyes and extended her senses to engulf their surroundings as far out as she could go. “Nothing out of the ordinary…” she concluded. All she could feel were the sentient beings of nearby worlds or the tremendous energies of stars.
“Exactly,” Coran confirmed. “Nothing. But for you, that’s normal. Given the circumstances I should be able to feel a lot more.”

Dalia turned her mint colored eyes towards the wizard. “What do you mean?”

“Ailill,” Coran said solemnly, “I can’t feel him.”

The azure skinned woman cringed. So, he was affected by his counterpart’s death… She recalled how it had been last time something similar had happened and bit her bottom lip. But then, why didn’t she feel his pain? Hadn’t she substituted the magical bond? Was she not empathetic with him? By all means she too must be feeling the loss. So why wasn’t she?

“Ailill’s dead,” she told him carefully. “You shouldn’t be able to feel him.”

“Precisely,” Coran said turning to face her. “He’s dead. And I feel nothing.”

“I… I don’t understand…” Dalia said suddenly taken aback. “Isn’t that supposed to be good? You shouldn’t be feeling anything since the bond you two had as mages was broken.”

Coran chuckled. “The mage bond was broken, but not the fact that we share blood. Link or not, we are still twin brothers. I should have been able to feel his death, even though we no longer share telepathy.”

“What are you saying?” Dalia asked confused.

“I’m saying,” Coran replied, “that Ailill is still alive. I cannot be sure in what state he is in at the moment, but he lives.”

Dalia’s eyes widened in realization. “That would mean…”

“Yes,” Coran finished for her. “There is a chance Son Goku and the other’s survived too.”

“We must tell Lord Freeza and Lord Koola,” Dalia concluded rapidly.

“No,” Coran stated. “Not yet. Their bodies still must adapt to them, and telling them would only disturb them and that process. Besides, we aren’t being followed at the moment and the chances of all of them surviving the explosion are slim to none.”

Dalia nodded after a moment. “What are we to do then?”

“You and I will stay on our guard,” he told her. “Once we reach Glai’keel-sei, the ceremony to summon King Kold back to life will continue as planned. If Ailill comes anywhere near the perimeter of the planet, I will know. Then and only then will we tell our lords.”

“And if they do live?” Dalia asked.

Coran regarded her for a moment. “Then they will be killed,” he told her. “Sooner or later.”

~oOo~

There was a collective sigh of relief uttered throughout the ship as Vegeta finished steering them clear of the explosion. Chichi, still hanging on to whatever she had found near her bed to keep from falling, loosened her grip slightly and opened her previously tightly closed eyes. The sight that greeted her was one of chaos, but that was to be expected, considering what they had just been through. She let go of the pole she had been hanging on to and allowed herself to fall back on the bed with a sigh of exhaustion. Beside her, Gohan was jogging up to the bed. He sat down beside her and held on her hand.

“Mom, are you okay?” he asked her worriedly.

Chichi gave him a wary smile. “Physically, I’ll be fine,” she assured. Then she narrowed her eyes at the wall behind Gohan. “But that stupid monster who took my baby won’t be once I’m done with him!”

“Whoa, calm down, Mom,” Gohan said as he put his other hand on her shoulder, partially to offer comfort, and partially to hold her down in case she got any funny ideas. “You’re gonna have to let me and Dad and Vegeta take care of that. I’m not completely sure, but… judging by your current condition, I’d have to venture a wild guess and say they got the Dragonballs. If that’s the case, we’ve got a dangerous situation on our hands.”

“Nothing more dangerous than a woman scorned, I can promise you that, Gohan,” Chichi insisted.

Gohan smiled, glad that his mother was back to her old self. “Alright, we’ll talk about this later,” he told her gently. “You should get some sleep while the rest of us decide what to do.”

Chichi frowned, not liking the thought of being left out of such a crucial decision. She made a move to sit up and then flinched at the waves of pain that such an effort brought to her already sore body. Gohan raised an eyebrow and she nodded in agreement.

“I’ll stay put,” she said.

“Sleep tight,” Gohan replied and placed a gentle kis on her forehead before getting up to join the others at the cockpit.
Chichi sighed and closed her eyes. It only took a few seconds for her to realize that she was uncomfortable in her present position. Upon shifting, the waves of pain increased yet again, causing her to release a breath of air before finally settling back into her previous position. She spent several more minutes lying awake with her eyes closed before snapping them open in pure understanding of the fact that, as tired as she was, there was no way she’d get any sleep as long as her youngest son was still in the clutches of that tyrant.

Tears filled her eyes and she angrily swiped at them. Now was not the time to cry, she told herself. She refused to give into that. A warrior at heart, she would take care of the situation as a warrior would.

She would get her son back. Even if it was the last thing she did.

~oOo~

“What do we have?” Gohan asked as he came back into the cockpit. He sat down made his way around several people crowded around the pilot’s chair. Ailill was hunched over the radar, watching the bleep on the screen that was the long-departed ship Freeza and Koola were on. His finger flew over the control panel, calling up different screens, giving the occasional “hmmm” and “I thought so” as he worked.

Vegeta, standing beside the pilot’s chair with his arms crossed over his chest and an ever-present scowl on his face, turned his head away in disgust. “We’d know if Mr. I’m-Afraid-Of-My-Own-Shadow here would hurry up and tell us what he’s doing,” he growled in annoyance.

“I’m doing the best I can,” Ailill protested, not even bothering to be offended at Vegeta’s disrespect for him. “I think I know where they’re going, though.”

“Where’s that?” Gohan asked.

Ailill narrowed his eyes at the screen. “Just one more minute…” he replied slowly, as if he were concentrating on something.

Gohan sighed and turned to look at the group. Piccolo was leaning against the wall beside the entrance with his arms across his chest and his head bowed. A stoic look adorned his face, as if he were not interested in what was happening. But Gohan knew better. His mentor was meditating, deep in thought over their situation.

The rest of the group was crowding behind Ailill, waiting anxiously for the results of his scanning. Gohan spotted Dende in the crowd and singled him out. “Dende,” he called.

Dende turned to look at the demi-Saiyan. “Yes, Gohan?”

“Could you heal my mom and Bulma?” Gohan requested. “I don’t think they’ll manage the trip to wherever we’re going next in their condition. And it’s not like we can get them medical help anytime soon.”

Dende nodded in agreement. “Of course,” he conceded. With that, he walked past Piccolo and disappeared from the room.

Gohan watched him go and was about to follow, when Ailill’s cry of success made him turn his attention back to the happenings at the cockpit.

“What is it?” Videl asked Ailill anxiously.

“I knew it all along,” Ailill explained, “but I had to confirm it first.”

“So where are they going, Ailill?” Goku spoke next, leaning over the chair to stare at the screen filled with alien symbols.

Ailill’s good humor faded into a grim mask as he regarded the screen silently. “They’re headed for the other side of the galaxy, in the outer rim… and the only place I could think of there, is Glai’keel-sei.”

His admission was met with silence. Nobody except Vegeta seemed to know what that meant. His lips curled into a self-satisfied smirk and he let out a low chuckle.

“What? What is it, Vegeta?” asked Gohan.

“Fools,” Vegeta murmured. “Glai’keel-sei… is the home planet of Freeza.”

~oOo~

While waiting for the latest transport ship to land, Dalia absentmindedly twirled a piece of lace from the dress she wore around her index finger. Ever since they had arrived once again on Glai’keel-sei, she had been supervising numerous preparations for the final summoning of the dragon known to her as Purunga. She tossed the alien words that Shenron had given to her back and forth in her mind while trying to decide how best to utter them. She had learned the language of the Namekians in an instant, but upon doing so, she had discovered the many ways of saying basically the same thing, yet how the subtle differences could change the meaning of what was meant.

Besides pondering on the dialect, she had also been in charge of arranging the feast that would follow the final three wishes. Koola and Freeza had been extremely specific in their demands and she had done her best to carry them out. She was thankful, however, that the palace was a more appropriate place to dress her normal selection of outfits. Dalia had been more than happy to switch from her traveling wear to more regal attires.

The soft humming of a ship’s engine made her turn back from her thoughts. She watched as the saucer shaped craft landed smoothly a few meters from her. Koola had sent her a few minutes before to greet the pair of selected guest that had arrived. The entrance door of the ship slipped open and she could finally make out the silhouettes of the beings aboard. There was a small group of random aliens, and two Ice-jin, both in different stages. The first on was small and in the first stage of a Glai’keel-jin’s transformations. He had lilac skin and a blue black carapace that matched his narrow eyes and pointy horns. The second one was by far the most impressive. He was in the second transformation of the Ice-jin and towered over all that surrounded him. His steal gray skin color was accented even more by the black Admiral’s armor he sported and his black horns. The gem on his head was indigo blue, which made you wonder at the rare emerald green of his eyes.

Strange as it might have sounded to anyone else, the two of them had a rare sort of beauty. Dalia had discovered over the years that since the Glai’keel-jin only had one sex, physical beauty amongst themselves was completely overlooked. She, however, looked at the species with different eyes. Like any other race, the Ice-jin sported different types. Some were plain, while others were more beautiful. Koola had a more masculine look, while Freeza was more delicate. Though each level of strength had it’s own unique look, she had decided that the best way to tell how beautiful and Ice-jin was could be seen more plainly in their fourth stage. This was extremely difficult since hardly any of the Glai’keel-jin trained past their first stage. Those who did where mostly high nobility and she had never seen one past second stage.

Dalia walked up to them and took a quick bow in greeting. If she had to judge, these two looked far better than Freeza or Koola did in those respective stages, balancing out the masculinity with the delicate beauty. They would probably be very beautiful on their fourth stage. Good thing didn’t matter here.

“Master Composer, Admiral Damiru,” she started. “How good of you to join us.”

The two beings nodded their acknowledgments. “The invitation you sent spoke of native nobility, is that correct?” the towering Admiral asked.

“Yes,” Dalia responded. “Just elite class this time.”

“Very well then,” he said then turned to one of the humanoids of his escort. “Return to the ship, Captain, and await my orders there.”

“Yes, sir,” the orange skinned alien said before a brief salute and returning to the transport taking with him most of the escort.

“Pity,” the smaller Glai’keel-jin said turning to the remaining creature and looking through the many scrolls it carried. “Guess you too better wait in the transport, Far’ratt. I’ll have to pick out a few of these to play for tonight.” The rodent-like being complied and after its master had picked the desired scrolls, hurried away looking pathetically relieved at being sent off. “Wouldn’t want to insult their highnesses.”

“If you’ll please follow me,” Dalia said leading them away from docking bay. “It’s a pity you couldn’t join us for out last get together, Admiral, but tell me how has the reaction been around the frontier worlds?”

“All systems re-pledge their allegiance,” Dimaru replied. “I have even regain control as far as the Silani Cluster. I trust the Prince received the proper excuses for my absence.”

“They did,” Dalia told him leading the pair down the ivory hall. “They are also quite anxious to here your report.”

“It was a fine feast wasn’t it?” the musician put in. “Lord Koola gave a most persuasive speech and it was very well taken. You would have liked it a lot, Dimaru.”

The taller Ice-jin chuckled. “I heard. Yet I also know you are quite fond of explosive endings yourself, Count Dreama.”

“It was nice to see them in action once again,” the other replied failing to fully contain the giddiness from his voice. “King Kold would have been proud. It’s a shame too, considering His Majesty enjoyed my music a lot.”

“Don’t worry, Master Composer,” Dalia told him. “You’ll be able to play your music for King Kold soon enough. And he’ll be happy to hear your reports, Admiral.”

The two Glai’keel-jin exchanged perplexed looks. “The King will be here? He too will return from the land of Shadow?”

“Of course,” Dalia spoke with a tinge of pride in her voice. “Coran and I never leave anything half done.”

“The Master Wizard!” Dreama exclaimed. “Yes, will he be attending tonight? I would like to have a word with him.”

“Certainly,” Dalia answered. “At the moment he is finishing up some business in his offices, but he’ll arrive later.”

“Are we the first to arrive?” Admiral Dimaru asked.

“No.” Dalia said. “A few dozen other lords have already come. Apparently you’ve all remembered their Majesties aren’t fond of waiting.”

Dalia continued to lead them though the maze of halls. A sea of candle light or different colors of fire illuminated each one. Every now and then they would pass through one of the many fancy sitting rooms or inner gardens. Each was decorated after a precious stone or mineral in it’s various tonalities.

The gardens, however, were unlike anything she had ever seen anywhere else in the galaxy. Glai’keel-sei was a frozen world, but strangely enough the flora and fauna were abundant amongst this wonderland of snow and ice. The plant life was particularly exotic. It ranged from hundreds of species of evergreen, most indigenous to the world, to a myriad of trees, shrubs, and flowers not only in the warmer regions. How any of them had adapted was a mystery for her, but all she knew was that they had. In addition to the rarity of that, most of the flora wasn’t green like in most worlds. Here, most of it ranged from silvers and blues to deep violets and gentle lilacs.  

Eventually, they came to the passageway that led to the throne room. On either side towered statues carved out of the marble and glass walls that led up to it. Two heavy doors of patterned silver opened up to the stance. Of all the rooms in the palace, this had to be by far the grandest and most awe inspiring.

Two rows of exquisitely carved silver pillars that replicated an indigenous species of tree lined the walls on either side of the circular room all the way up to the three glass thrones mounted upon pedestals of diverse colorful gems. The ‘branches’ of the pillars interlaced on the ceiling forty feet above creating small nest-like chandeliers that ran in a straight line from the entrance and leading the spectator to the altar-like shrine behind the thrones. The tree trunks served as frames for the giant windows that permitted a view of the frozen moonlit landscape. A royal guard in full armor stood watchful before them.

The floor was made of several polished stones that simulated fallen snow over a frozen lake, gathering around the edges of the room and growing thinner as it approached the thrones that were surrounded by a crystallized obsidian path leading all the way back to the entrance. In this place every thing was perfect to the last detail, every sculpture or gem, flawless.

The chamber wasn’t very crowded. Small groups of nobles where scattered around the room and others near the buffet. Perhaps, Dalia thought, they seemed so few because they were dwarfed by the size and magnificence of the place. It didn’t take long to spot one of the princes conversing with a few of the aristocrats. She led the newly arrived guest in that direction suddenly feeling slightly out of place at being the only none Glai’keel-jin present, excluding the slaves.

“Lord Koola,” she spoke upon reaching them. The Glai’keel-jin prince turned to regard her and the new arrivals. “I present to you Damiru, Duke of Argon and Admiral of the royal army; and Dreama, Count of N’rei and Master composer of Court.”

“It’s good to see you here, gentlemen,” Koola said in greeting. “I trust that all is well with the both of you.”

“Yes, Lord Koola,” Dreama responded. “Actually, as promised, I’ve completed the piece your esteemed brother requested…” He fumbled over the half a dozen scrolls he carried until he found the one he searched for. “Here it is. Symphony on G Minor, with the specifications he established.”

“Interesting,” Koola said while eyeing the parchment, “This is an unusual movement here… Yes, I’m sure Freeza will like it.”

“I hope so, my lord,” the other continued. “It is unlike anything I’ve written before. Melodious at first, but a bit more explosive and even somewhat spontaneous as it progresses.”

“I see,” Koola said then turned towards Dalia. “Dalia, please locate my brother and request that he join me a moment.”

“Yes, my lord,” she responded and walked away from the group.

“And what about you, Admiral,” the Glai’keel-jin prince said returning the parchment to the musician. “We missed you at the last banquet. How did the mission go?”

“A success, my lord,” Damiru replied. “We have regained total control and allegiance of over three quarters of the systems that had fallen away over the last two decades. The remaining ones are deep into negotiations. It won’t be long now before we can go acquire new worlds to sale. Few required motivation.”

“Perfect,” Koola said with a small grin tugging at the corner of his lips. “With the Saiyan scum out of the way, it will be a breeze.”

“You wanted something, Brother?”

Koola turned and smiled at his younger brother. “Yes Freeza. I thought you’d like to know Dreama has musical composition you wanted. Perhaps we should move into the Concert Hall and let him try it out with the orchestra.”

“Splendid idea,” Freeza said. “Dalia, we can do that right after the main event. Is all in order?”

“Yes, my lord,” Dalia replied. “I am waiting for you orders only.”

“In that case, find Coran. We should move outside, correct?”

“It’d be best,” Dalia told him. “If you’ll excuse me, I’ll go find him.”

Dalia took a quick bow and walked away wondering at the irony of the moment. She had left behind a handful of nobles who would surely converse for a long time. But what she found ironic was that fact that they would must probably drift from topics of war and military strategy to those of art and music. Even the Admiral, she knew for a fact, had a weakness for art and kept in his estate one of the most complete galleries she had ever seen including some of his own work. She remembered how bizarre she had found all of it at first. How could such a violent and power hungry species be so… cultured?

Dalia smiled, but pushed the thought out of her mind for the moment. She had more important things to worry about right now than the apparent bi-polarities of her masters’ species. She stretched out her senses to find Coran and located him on the other end of the hall.

He was making his way towards her. She furrowed her brow when she detected apprehension in his mood and immediately feared the worse.

“What is it?” she asked him as soon as he had approached her.

“We’re getting company,” he replied looking up towards the ceiling.

Dalia’s features darkened dangerously. “Your brother?”

Coran nodded. “And the Saiyans, I think. Ailill is stubborn, but he would never have come after us if he were alone and injured. No, he’s got some of his friends to help him out.”

“He knows where to find us,” Dalia muttered remembering the mage had escaped from that same planet. “How much time?”

“I’ve been following him for the last few hours,” Coran replied. “At their present speed, it would take around five standard days.”

Dalia nodded thoughtfully. “We still have some time, but we best inform Lord Freeza.”

“No,” Coran told her. “Let’s wait until after you summon the Dragon. We’ll have a full offensive force for when they do get here.”

“In that case, we better get started,” Dalia concluded. “Lord Freeza wanted to speak with you. Go see what is was while I’ll go get the Dragonballs. Meet me at the Icicle Gardens, from what I’ve heard, this thing is really big.”

~oOo~

“Ooh, boy… I don’t like the sound of that,” Krillin muttered. He suddenly pictured two-dozen Freezas glaring at him with those hellish eyes ready to blast him the next dimension again. Shivering at the thought, he quickly pushed it out of his mind.

“Freeza’s planet?” Gohan asked, letting the fact slowly seep into his brain.
“Get on the fastest course you can find to get there,” Vegeta ordered as he slipped back into the copilot’s chair.

“Already done so,” Ailill replied. “We should be there in about five days.”

“Good,” Vegeta said. He looked at the map, spotting said planet and tracing it with his finger. He clenched his hand into a fist and shook it at the map. “The fucking lizard has had that planet hidden for as long as I can remember.” He smirked at the screen maliciously. “I think my revenge is long overdue.”

“Whoa, hold it right there, Vegeta,” Goku said. “I know you hate him for what he did to you, and I understand where you’re coming from, but now is not the right time. Our priority is the kids, Lord Kaio-shin, and Paikuhan.”

Vegeta turned his glare up to Goku. “If we don’t kill him and his entire fucking race right now, what’s to stop them from coming after us again and again?” he demanded

“We all know killing him isn’t enough to rid of him forever,” Ailill said. “Obviously, it’s going to take a lot more than that.”

“And the fact that the Kold family is evil doesn’t mean their entire race is,” Goku added.

Vegeta snorted and stood from the chair. “You’ve got a lot to learn, Kakarot.”

He turned and left the cockpit, brushing past Dende as the young Namekian came back inside. Dende looked after Vegeta before turning back to the group. Sensing the tension, he opted for not saying anything. Instead, he stood by Piccolo while they discussed the situation amongst themselves.

Goku frowned before turning to look at Ailill. “I guess we should all rest up as best as we can while we get there. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us.”

Ailill nodded in agreement as everyone started dispersing. Besides Piccolo, who was passively watching everyone leave, Goku was the last to depart from the cockpit. As he turned toward the threshold, Ailill spoke quietly. “I must find a way to counter the spell. There must be a way for us to seal them all in their eternal prisons forever.”

Goku grinned encouragingly. “You’ll find it, don’t worry.”

Piccolo watched his back as he left before regarding Ailill. “I sense you don’t have nearly as much confidence in yourself as Goku has in you.”

Ailill shrugged and swiveled his chair to examine the screen in the control panel. “Perhaps all I need is his confidence,” he suggested. “It seems he has enough to go around and spare for himself. I won’t let any of you down.”

There was a long silence for some time, before Piccolo gave him a quiet nod and left the room. “I guess in time we’ll see how true that is,” he tossed over his shoulder.

~oOo~

Bulma grimaced as she examined her face on the mirror. Dende had already healed her and restored most of her energy, but he had been powerless to do anything about her pale complexion. “I suppose a little bit of blush and eye shadow wouldn’t be too bad right about now…” she murmured to herself. Thinking about this was the best way to keep her mind off of the emptiness she felt at not having her baby daughter in her arms.

“I see you’re back to your old self,” a sharp, deep voice spoke from behind her.

She blinked a few times and shifted her gaze from her reflection to the reflection of the area behind her. Through the mirror, she could clearly see Vegeta leaning against the doorway, arms crossed over his chest, and a tiny smirk gracing his lips. Bulma smiled in return and went back to looking at herself.

“Did they get away?” she asked.

Vegeta made a sound low in his throat and pushed off the doorway, coming further into the room to sit on the bed. “The proper question is ‘did we get away?’” he replied.

Bulma winced and turned to face him. “Seeing as we’re both still here, I’d guess the answer to that one is yes.”

“Freeza’s ship is a lot faster than this one,” Vegeta continued. “He was also far when he shot at the moon, so they have a head start.”

Cocking her head to the side, Bulma placed her hands on her hips. “So we’re back to square one? No, more like negative square three or something! They have all our children, plus Lord Kaio-shin and Paikuhan, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they have the Dragonballs too!”

“Yes,” Vegeta replied grimly. “But we also know where they’re going. We should be there in a few days, as a matter of fact.”

Bulma groaned and put her hands over her face. She moved over to the bed and sat down next to Vegeta, immediately wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her head on the crook of his shoulder. Right now she wasn’t interested on who may or may not see them and somehow wound his pride; all she needed was a little reassurance that she would find her children again. Vegeta must have sensed this because he made no move to push her away. Instead, he ran a hand through her hair once and settled it on the small of her back.

“He’ll die permanently this time,” Vegeta murmured. “I’ll make sure of that.”

“I know you will, but, Vegeta,” Bulma looked up at him, “what if we’re too late? What if Bura is permanently fused with that tyrant? What if they’ve done something to Trunks?”

“Please,” Vegeta answered with a snort. He deliberately ignored Bulma’s insistence on calling their new daughter ‘Bura’. There would be enough time to debate over the baby’s name, so for now, he’d let her indulge and call her what she wanted. “Trunks can take care of himself perfectly well. And no magic spell is permanent. Our daughter will be back in your arms in no time. They both will.”

“But what if there’s permanent damage?” Bulma insisted. “There are so many things that could go wrong! What if she loo—”

She was interrupted by Vegeta’s mouth on hers. She released a tiny sob and grabbed the back of his head, holding on to him for dear life. They pulled away after a few minutes, leaning their foreheads together and locking their eyes. He had to be strong for them both, lest Bulma’s emotions be allowed to get the best of her and cloud her much needed rational judgment. Vegeta was a master at compartmentalizing his feelings and that’s exactly what his wife needed at the moment.

“I can’t believe that’s still the most effective way to shut you up,” Vegeta told her, mischief shining in his eyes.

Bulma made a face and pulled back to stand from the bed. “All right, I get the point. I just can’t help worrying over it. Even if Trunks can take care of himself, how much can he do against so many enemies? And I’ve barely even held my new baby. I couldn’t bear the thought of going back to Earth empty-handed.”

“You can’t seriously tell me you still doubt my abilities,” Vegeta said.

“No, I don’t doubt you,” Bulma replied. “I believe in you, and in Goku, and Gohan. I know it’ll be alright.” She leaned down and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “Thank you. Now get out so I can finish changing.”

“As if you’ve got anything I haven’t seen already,” Vegeta muttered, standing up and heading back toward the cockpit.

He effortlessly grabbed a flying shoe as his exasperated wife hurled it at him and tossed it back at her with a slight smirk, before stepping out of the room. “Come out when you’re done,” he called to her as the door began to slide shut. “You might want to check on the ship…”

Bulma watched the door close in front of him, before shaking her head in amusement.

“Right,” she sighed. “Here we go again.”

~oOo~

The eerie glowing of the Namekian Dragonballs silenced all the possible whispers from the gathered crowed. Dalia tossed the alien words in her mind one last time before looking up at Coran. The Konack-jin mage nodded. A few minutes before, they had been discussing the wording for the wishes and how to get the most of them. She turned back the giant Dragonballs and stretched her arms before them. She closed her eyes and spoke the incantation to bring forth the Dragon.

Takara, papara punga tipiri pharo!

At first nothing happened. The Dragonballs continued to glow for a few seconds, but then it intensified. Dalia took a step back and watched how the sky above them blackened totally.

No moon, no stars… only complete darkness.

After another violent flash of light, a draconian figure could be spotted climbing up towards the firmament. Everyone watched in awe as the imposing figure of Purunga, the Namekian dragon, materialized above them. It felt as if he were a mile high. Green scales covered his body, black horns emerging from his shoulders to decorate his powerful arms.

“You have awakened me from my slumber. Speak. I shall grant you three wishes.”  The Dragon spoke looking down at Dalia who stood frozen in her place.

“Ask now.”

Snapped back to reality, the warrior princess began as told to her by Shenron.

“Nora. Donuima shitara contrui merui gonee. Nera cambara tiparo k’nei. King Kold neta shuba.”

“What is she saying?”

Coran whirled around in surprise, having momentarily forgotten where he was. Koola stood behind him looking up at the Dragon.

“She has to speak to it in its native tongue. Dalia just requested that King Kold and any other soul allied to you be brought back alive and here.”

“Isn’t that more than one wish?” Koola asked still not taking his eyes away from the form of Purunga.

“No,” Coran replied. “She’s just being specific.”

Koola nodded satisfied with his answer.

Your wish cannot be granted,” Purunga said suddenly. “It is beyond my power to revive someone after a year of their death. The ones you speak of cannot return.”

No one dared to move for a few seconds then Dalia whirled around and called Coran to her.

“We didn’t know about this! What are we suppose to do now?” she said as soon as he had reached her.

“Rules can be bent, sometimes even broken,” he replied. “All we must do is find a way around this barrier. All magic is like that.”

Dalia was thoughtful for a few minutes.

I do not have all day. Make your wishes now!”

Coran looked at the Dragon in disbelief. “I can’t believe this!” he exclaimed. “Isn’t he impatient?”

Dalia ignored Purunga’s comment and continued to think. A few moments later, her eyes brightened. “What if we wish for the limit to be extended for last twenty years?”

Coran was about to say something, but then grinned. “I think… I think that would work.”

“We’ll lose a wish,” she pointed out.

“No problem,” the other replied. “We’ll find a way of fitting it into the other two.”

Dalia nodded and turned once again to the grumbling Dragon. She uttered her request and waited for it to reply.

“What is she wishing for now?” Koola asked Coran again.

“For the Dragon to bend his own rules,” the mage replied. “Not to worry, it shouldn’t affect the final outcome…” He stopped in mid-sentence as Purunga began speaking again.

Very well. It shall be done.”  His eyes glowed a brighter shade of red as the wish was granted.

Dalia smiled at their success, then proceeded with the original wish when the Dragon requested it. This time around, there was no problem. Instead, columns of light began to appear in their surroundings. Dalia picked up countless auras materializing themselves in the garden with them, and in the surroundings of the palace. It suddenly struck her that they were summoning an army.

A completely faithful army.

She grinned and looked around. The more powerful ‘ki’ could be sensed around here. King Kold was back, the Ginyu Force, Zarbon, Dodoria, Koola’s Special Forces: Sauza, Dore, and Neizu… and something else as well. Dalia turned to that particular ki and narrowed her eyes at the strange being. He was looking down at himself with bright magenta eyes that adorned his handsome pale face. A green and black crest rose from his head matching the strange body armor he wore. She turned to Coran and saw that he was looking at the same creature. Who was he…?

Proceed with your final wish!”

Dalia spinned around to face Purunga forgetting the new being for the moment. Her curiosity would have to wait.

Now, she would have to wish both her masters immortal in one wish instead of two. She inhaled sharply and proceeded.

Nora. Gotura no mira Lord Freeza ne Lord Koola coraima no reine.” She finished her request and took a step backwards.

Purungas eyes glowed brightly, then dimmed away to orange before returning to their normal shade. Dalia turned to look at Koola and Freeza and saw that the two of them were looking at each other in confusion. She checked their ‘ki’, but discovered no changes of any sort.

Your wish cannot be granted now,” Purunga’s voice bellowed.

“What is that supposed to mean!” Freeza exclaimed outraged. “You still have one wish left to grant us, you overgrown iguana! How dare you deny it!”

Upon seeing Purunga not responding to her master’s threats, Dalia asked a similar question to it.

You first wish was unnatural, breaking all the rules set to me in ways I did not expect. It drained most of my power. Your final wish can be granted if I’m allowed to rest.”

“How long will that take?”
Dalia asked knowing that they were running out of time.

I will come back to you in a few days and you can make your wish again.”  

After saying this, Purunga disappeared in a flash of light leaving behind very puzzled spectators. Dalia looked before her as the stars appeared once more above and noticed the seven Dragonballs. They had not scattered, as they normally would have. She bit her tongue and turned around to face her masters and the growing crowed. This wasn’t good. Purunga would return when he felt rested… Once again she noticed the newly revived and disoriented faces amongst them. Now was as good a time as any to tell them also of the coming of the Saiyans. Her eyes connected with Coran’s for a moment and all was silently agreed.

They had a bit of explaining to do.

~oOo~
Trunks let out an annoyed sigh and plopped down on the floor. If his estimates were correct, it was about two days after he had given up banging on his prison’s magical walls in vain, one since he’d stopped screaming curses at his captors and, kami knows how long since he had last been fed.

His stomach grumbled in agreement.

How long had it been since he had last spent a normal moment with his family? Of that he had absolutely no clue. All he knew was that his best friend and new kid sister had been possessed by his father’s worst enemies, that he was stuck here with no way out and weaponless. Not that he needed one, but his sword had been taken away and it was one of his most priced possessions. His parents… He wasn’t sure about his parents. He knew that they couldn’t be dead, his father was way too stubborn to let that happen, but he wasn’t sure about their well being.

Trunks shut his eyes tightly in frustration. Now he was trapped here with no idea what was wanted with him or where the devil here was. What he was sure about was that over the last few days, strange things had been occurring around him. For starters, he had picked up on a powerful, yet vaguely familiar ‘ki’. He wasn’t sure why, but something about it sent chills down his back. That and the other hundred or so that had pop up after it. None as powerful, but some close enough to cause him to worry. And, of course, the gargantuan ki of Freeza and Koola…

Trunks wasn’t sure whether or not they were going to kill him, considering the fact that he had been down there for quite a while. But they were also giving him the silent treatment. The last visitors he had were his captors and a couple new unfriendly looking faces, but that had been days ago. Ever since that, he had been left alone. So alone, in fact that no one had yet come to feed him. He wasn’t sure if that was some kind of torture, but it was working.

He opened his clear blue eyes and brushed his purple bangs from his face to look around. Something had better turn up soon, or else… Trunks sighed miserably. He wasn’t sure, but he didn’t want to find out.

~oOo~

“We are entering the planet’s atmosphere,” Ailill called out to Vegeta as the latter was entering the cockpit. “Everything seems to be in order and it should be a smooth landing—I hope.”

Vegeta nodded once in acknowledgment as he settled into his copilot’s chair once again. He examined the general readouts, but left the actual landing process to Ailill. Instead, he leaned forward and stared out the view port of the cockpit. It was nighttime, so the only illumination they had at the moment was what the moons cast over the landscape. From the ship’s spot, Vegeta could just make out the planet’s general landscape and snowy features. Yes, he could definitely recognize the place as Freeza’s home world. Dark and gloomy, just as its settlers.

Ice-jin, indeed.

The ship lurched as it completed its drop past the atmosphere and then continued its descent down to the planet’s icy surface. They had chosen a spot not too far from the Kold Palace, so that they could have a good view of it, but just far enough so as not to be detected. They had also agreed to keep their ki low until they had a plan of action completed.

“This is creepy,” a voice said from behind Vegeta, snapping him out of his reverie. Vegeta swiveled his chair to find Krillin, Goku, Videl, Piccolo, Bulma, Gohan, Dende, and Chichi standing around the room, watching in amazement the new world they were witnessing. “I don’t like the idea of a planet full of Freezas,” Krillin continued.

“Then perhaps you should have stayed behind,” Vegeta snapped, turning around again to face the planet.

“Vegeta,” Goku warned.

Bulma bit her lip as she thought of what awaited them down below. Somehow, she had a feeling that this was not going to be another Namek type of adventure. This was at another level completely… and the stakes were different, hitting a lot closer to home.

Behind her, Gohan’s mouth had dropped open completely. The ship finished its touchdown and he took a few steps forward to look outside. It was enemy territory, of course, but Gohan couldn’t help but admire the dark beauty of the place.

The first things he noticed were the stars.

Not even back home away from the cities had he seen so many or so bright. Fist sized orbs shedding an eerie light on the frozen world. Further inspection revealed that the planet had various orbiting moons. One of them only rising now in the eastern horizon looked bigger than the one on Earth. There were three others much smaller than that one and in different stages and colors.

It took only a moment for him to absorb all this before shifting his eyes to their destination. The city, he imagined, stretched over the span of a few miles and was recognizable by the light coming from within the many odd-shaped buildings. However, it wasn’t that that caught his attention, but the palace built on its eastern flank. It’s many domes and spirals were visible because of the rising moon above it. From what he could tell, it looked to be made out of, or had an outer covering of glass or another material of it’s like because it reflected the night sky in many of its smooth walls. It’s architecture was also extremely different from any he had seen back home in books or life.

Hundreds of arches and onyx pathways connected the various buildings that composed the whole of the place. The buildings themselves reminded Gohan of complex, upside down gems, cut in various angels to trap the surrounding light inside them and transform it to a ghostly aura that radiated dimly from each one. A geode composed of prisms of light standing stoically in the darkness as if challenging anyone whom questioned their glory. He noticed some of the structures cascading down to what he assumed must be a frozen ocean stretching towards the horizon. By the looks of it, the ice sea appeared to hold similar buildings half submerged in it. Adding to its dark splendor, a small forest of gigantic silver trees bordered its western shore and circled part of the palace like a garden.

He let out a soft sigh. The effect of the place was… intimidating.

“Um, does anyone even have a plan?” Videl asked, bringing Gohan back to their dimension. “We’ve been on course for days and nobody’s even thought of a way to end this…”

“We have to infiltrate the place, get my son out—”, Vegeta began

“And mine!” Chichi added.

“—and kill Freeza and Koola,” he finished. “There’s no science to that.”

“What, you’re just gonna wander inside the place?” Bulma pointed out. “You have to think of a way to get in unnoticed and—”

“What for?” Vegeta snapped. “They know we’re here. There’s no point in delaying the inevitable.”

“You don’t know that they know we’re here,” argued Bulma. “For all they know, we died in the explosion.”

Vegeta snorted, rather rudely. “Right. Because they have absolutely no radars or ways of detecting us.”

“With all due respect, Bulma,” Ailill spoke next. “I’m pretty certain that, even if they could not sense us with their machines, my brother could very well know that I am here.”
“Now you tell us,” Vegeta said. “Why didn’t you say so before? That way we could’ve spared ourselves the trouble and killed you out in space.”

Ailill winced slightly and stood from his chair, moving quickly to stand near Goku. “Vegeta,” Goku told him chidingly. “We still need him to trap Freeza and Koola back into Hell.”

Still need me, Ailill thought, how comforting. I hope that doesn’t give Vegeta any ideas to kill me after this is over.

“So, what, you’re just gonna step out of the ship and yell at them to come and get you?” Bulma asked incredulously.

“Actually,” Gohan spoke up, “that’s not such a bad idea.”

Everyone but Vegeta turned to look at him in disbelief. Gohan held up both hands, as if in defense. “Wait a minute, think about it, guys,” he continued. “We want to find Freeza and Koola. What better way to fight them than to lure them out?”

“Yes, but remember that they’re stronger now,” Piccolo pointed out. “You can’t go off half-cocked to face them.”

Vegeta rolled his eyes and stood. He had always been a man of actions and few words. “Come on, Kakarot,” he called. “I’m sure you’d much rather go face a challenge than sit around here talking in circles.”

Goku looked at everyone apologetically before turning to follow Vegeta out of the ship.

“All right,” Gohan said. “While they go do that, Piccolo and Krillin, take Ailill and go inside the palace. See if you can find Trunks and get him out. Don’t call any attention to yourselves. Just get him in and get him out quickly. I’ll stay here to help Vegeta and Dad fight.”

“What about the rest of us?!” Chichi exclaimed.

Gohan looked nervous suddenly, looking around the room for help nobody was offering. Everyone except for Videl looked away, trying to avoid Chichi’s otherwise unavoidable wrath. “Uh… you guys get to stay inside the ship and rest up…”

“What?!?” Chichi yelled. “You want me to stay here while the rest of you go get yourselves killed?!”

Gohan winced. “Mom, you won’t be much help out in the field. It’s best for the rest of us if we don’t have four more persons to worry about. Please…”

“He’s right, Chichi,” Bulma added. “I learned my lesson at Namek. We’ll just get in the way.”

“But I know I can help, Gohan,” Videl said. “Please, you have to let me help.”

Gohan shook his head adamantly. “No, not against Freeza and Koola. Just stay here and prepare to help Bulma take off in case of an emergency.”

Piccolo, Krillin, and Ailill were already on their way off the ship and Gohan looked after them. “I have to go. Just… stay here,” he pleaded. With that, he followed the others outside.

Chichi made a move to follow, but Bulma placed a hand on her shoulder. “Just stay here, Chichi. We’ll know if they need help.”

Chichi sighed and tossed herself down on the copilot’s chair. She rested her elbow on the armrest and placed her chin on her hand. Bulma moved to occupy the pilot’s chair, while Dende and Videl spread out throughout the ship, each finding something separately to occupy themselves with.

“I hope this ends quickly,” Chichi muttered wistfully.

~oOo~

Hovering over the expanse of city, Vegeta and Goku looked down below them. The palace was looming in front of them, looking much bigger up close than it had from the ship.

“I say we blast the palace to hell,” Vegeta said.

“That would work,” Goku relented. “But it would also be a lot of pointless killing. We could just raise our ki very—”

He was interrupted as a loud blast sounded from below them. He looked down to see a smoking building. Beside him, Vegeta’s hand was outstretched toward the smoldering rubble.

“There was no need for that, Vegeta,” Goku told him, starting to feel more than a bit agitated with the stubborn Saiyans.

The other man didn’t answer, instead turning to look behind them, where a troubled Gohan was just flying up to them. Gohan stopped in midair, glancing down at the smoking building, then looking back at the other Saiyan.  Shaking his head, he directed his attention to his father. “I left mom on the ship with Dende, Bulma and Videl. The rest went into the castle to look for Trunks.”

Goku nodded. “Good,” he replied. “That’s something less to worry about, at least.”

Another blast brought their attention back to the task at hand. “Vegeta!” Gohan exclaimed. Vegeta responded by sending two more quick blasts at two different buildings.

“If you wanted to see us, you could’ve just rang the doorbell,” an anger-laced yet delicate voice said from behind them. Vegeta, Goku, and Gohan all whirled around at the new presence.

“That is, after all, what civilized people do,” the next voice followed. “Right, Brother?”

In the same fashion, the Saiyans turned in the other direction to look at the other being.

“Yes, well, I’m not exactly known for my civility,” Vegeta sneered.

Freeza chuckled. “No, I supposed you never were, Vegeta,” was the response. “Next time, try not to make the demonstration at the expense of my kingdom.”

Vegeta clenched his fists at his side and gritted his teeth in anger. “You should have heeded your own advice before you made your demonstration at the expense of mine.”

A cruel smirk made its way on Freeza’s face and he closed his eyes, cocking his head down, as if Vegeta’s words had been a compliment. “Details, details,” he said dismissively.

“Is this a social call, or can we quickly send you on your way?” Koola spoke next, a bored expression on his face.

Vegeta’s eyes narrowed, holding his hand, palm out toward Freeza, to whom he had refused to leave out of his sight. Energy cackled around his hand as he drew out his power and focused it on his palm. The energy left his hand and turned into a large blast in midair as it headed toward Freeza. A large explosion followed in the spot where Freeza had been. As the smoke cleared, Freeza became visible once again. He looked unfazed.

“I’m disappointed in you, Vegeta,” he said. “I really hoped you’d give me a better challenge than that.”

Vegeta smirked. “I haven’t even warmed up yet.”

Out of the corner of his eye, he noted Goku and Gohan hovering over to his vicinity, each taking a defense stance around Vegeta. “I don’t need your help, Kakarot.”

“I know you don’t,” Goku replied.

Gohan glanced up at Koola, wondering what the other Ice-jin was waiting for. He furrowed his brow in confusion noticing that the other being was staring at something past them all, seemingly on the ground. Gohan quickly moved his head to follow Koola’s line of view. Down near the palace, hovering over the ground was a figure looking in their direction. Before he could make out whom it was, however, the creature blurred out of sight, leaving Gohan squinting at the spot curiously. He couldn’t have seen the others, Gohan thought worriedly.  

When he looked back at Koola, the Ice-jin in turn was looking at his brother. Quickly, Gohan turned to look at Freeza and was just in time to catch the small nod the other being sent. Before he could voice a comment on it, though, the Ice-jin took him by surprise by blasting off top speed in the general direction that they had landed their ship.

“Hey!” Gohan cried in alarm. “They’re headed toward our ship!”

“Come back here, you coward!” Vegeta cried, immediately taking off in hot pursuit.

“Dad, there was someone down there,” Gohan called to Goku as they, too, went after Freeza and Koola.

“Where, son?”

“Down, near the palace,” Gohan replied. “Koola was looking at him. Do you think the others have been spotted?”

Goku furrowed his brow and looked forward in concern. “I hope not.”

~oOo~

The throne room went suddenly silent as the imposing figure of King Kold strode in.  What they had expected for the last few days had finally come to be and every soul present was anxious to know the happenings outside.

“I take it the package arrived,” Coran spoke up falling in pace with his King.

King Kold nodded. “I noticed three of them, but there could be more,” he replied.
“Freeza and Koola are leading them away from the city.” The corners of mouth contorted into a frown. “Pity they’ve already blasted off a chunk of it. Who knows what more of it would have gone had Freeza lost his temper.”

Coran winced at the thought. “Was my brother amongst them?”

The tall Glai’keel-jin shook his head. “You two are unmistakable, he wasn’t amongst them. I did sense, however, the distinctive stench of Saiyans.”

“So Vegeta and Son Goku survived…” Coran thought aloud. He considered his options for a moment before making up his mind. “If I may be excused, my Kig, I must find my brother. Once he joins us, whatever insane idea the others may have will evaporate.”

King Kold nodded in agreement knowing the run away mage could be trouble. “Take the Ginyu Force with you, as well as Zarbon and Dodoria. And get Koola’s Special Forces too. I’m sure Neizu, Dore, and Sauza could use the entertainment.  We wouldn’t want any trouble.”

Coran nodded in agreement and wondered if the Ginyu Force had been imposed on him as assistance, or if the Ice-jin king was simply tired of their… singularities. He recalled the fighting squad had been station on another planet during their past lifetime. The four remaining members had done nothing but practice poses and encourage some of the other warriors to join them. Needless to say, all invitations to join their little ballet had been adamantly declined.

His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed Dalia walk up to the two of them followed by the tall, green android they had recently known as Cell.

“Is there any reason to think the Saiyans might come to the palace?” Dalia asked upon reaching them.

Coran raised an eyebrow and turned to look at her. “If we both know Vegeta, the split second he gets a shot he’ll blast his way here, if only to spite Lord Freeza.”

“Then we can expect the action to take place in the neighborhood at some point,” King Kold said thoughtfully. “In that case we must have surprise waiting for them here. Cell,” he turned to address the being. “I think you can take care of any stray monkey that might show up. Remain in the palace.”

“My pleasure,” Cell replied with a cold smirk. “The more I stretch out my revenge, the better.”

“In that case I’ll stay here too,” Dalia said. “Wouldn’t want things to get too out of hand.”

Coran nodded in agreement. If anything happened she would always be a thought away.

“Then it’s all settled.” King Kold finished. “Now everyone, get to work.” With that King Kold informed the eccentric Ginyu Force and his son’s lower aids of their tasks. A few moments later, Coran was leading the group of them towards his brother’s ki.

~oOo~

Vegeta wasted no time in attacking. The moment Freeza stopped Vegeta charged at him full speed. Freeza blurred out of sight and appeared behind Vegeta, making a move to elbow him on the neck, but Vegeta anticipated the move and ducked away from Freeza’s arm. Freeza doubled over slightly as Vegeta’s knee connected with his stomach. Taking advantage of his enemy’s split-second state of confusion, Vegeta grabbed Freeza’s arm and swung him twice before throwing him up in the air. Freeza flew up for a few seconds before stopping in mid-air and turning to face Vegeta. Freeza left him no time to plan out a next move before he decided it was his turn to attack. He blurred out of sight, appearing directly in front of Vegeta and throwing a punch in his face. It hit Vegeta on the nose and caused his head to toss back with the impact. With a growl of annoyance, Vegeta threw his arms back and transformed into the legendary form of Super Saiyan two. It wasn’t long before the two beings were engaged in a too-fast-for-sight exchange of punches and kicks.

From his perch next to his father, Gohan was looking warily at Vegeta’s fight with Freeza. It was surprising how much Freeza had improved over the years, and it made Gohan very nervous. This was Freeza’s home-turf and they were playing under his rules. Both he and his brother were extremely confident, which made Gohan realize there was more to this than they were letting on. He frowned at that thought. Could it be that they had already wished for immortality? They did have the Dragonballs, after all. And they had gotten to Glai’keel-sei way before they had. And he highly doubted they’d been sitting around, waiting for them to get here before making the wishes. A sudden wave of panic shot through him. What if—?

His train of thought was interrupted as something shot past him at top speed. Gohan snapped his head down to watch as his golden-haired father straightened out and shot back up at Koola. Koola ducked a punch and landed one of his own on Goku’s stomach. Goku’s response was a kick to Koola’s head. Koola barely flinched at the impact and quickly landed another blow on Goku’s neck.

Gohan winced at Koola’s apparent lack of injuries. Yes, something was certainly off. He had to go help out his father before…

He had been subconsciously noticing the extreme weather change before a crack of thunder made it obvious to the rest of the group. The night sky clouded over reminding him of the gales he had experience while on earth. However, there was something strangely familiar about the abruptness of it all…

Gohan whirled around suddenly realizing what was going on. There, just visible over the rim of the horizon where they had left behind the city, was the towering form of Purunga.

~oOo~

In an instant, the serpentine form of Purunga climbing towards the Heavens gained the attention of every single being miles around. Like the eye in a storm, Purunga always appeared in the middle of the vast darkness his presence caused. He opened his red eyes, determined to grant one final wish before returning to his slumber, and looked down. To his surprise, no one was there to greet his coming. An annoyed grumble started to build inside his throat, but then he sensed the numerous entities making their way towards him.
Good.

He wasn’t the patient type so waiting wasn’t his greatest strength. Under the circumstances, however, he had no choice.

~oOo~

The sudden crack of thunder made Videl jump. She frowned in thought as she made her way to the view port. The dark sky looked very cloudy, making it seem even darker and more eerie than it already was. She shuddered and quickly turned her back on the window.

“Is everything alright in here, Videl?” Bulma asked as she came inside the cockpit.

Videl nodded, sending a quick glance outside again before looking at Bulma. “Yeah, it’s just weird out there, that’s all.”

“Weird?” Bulma furrowed her brow and walked over to have a look outside.

“Yeah, the weather is horrible. Like being an ice planet isn’t bad enough, a thunderstorm has the strike as well…”

Bulma’s eyes widened. “Oh, shit!”

“What?” exclaimed Videl running to see what had Bulma was so worked up. Her eyebrows shot up as she caught sight of the source.

Bulma tore herself from the window and ran out of the cockpit. She ran down the hall and opened the hatch. Taking a few steps down the ramp, she focused her gaze on the palace. Above her, she saw the white and blue auras of several figures shooting toward the palace at full speed.

“Bulma!” she heard Chichi’s voice from behind her. “What in the world…?” Chichi looked past Bulma to spot the giant green dragon floating where the palace stood. It was certainly a sight to behold. “Oh, my!”

“Bulma?” the young voice of Dende called from the threshold. “I’m the only one of us that can speak Namekian.”

She nodded in understanding grabbing the hand of the young Namekian and running out. “Let’s go.”

~oOo~

“If they get to the dragon first, it’s over!” Gohan cried in frustration.
“It’s not if. They will get to the dragon first,” Vegeta replied. “I’m sure they have people in the palace already making the wish.”

“Damnit, and Dende’s still in the ship!” Gohan said. “We’ll never get there in time. For all we know, they’re already immortal and it’s too late.”

“We have to get there and delay them long enough for Dende to get there,” Goku spoke. “He’s already on the way, we just have to hang on.”

“If the dragon’s coming out now,” Gohan reasoned, “that must mean that they haven’t made any wishes yet. We still have a shot and we have to go for it!”

“No shit,” Vegeta growled.

We’ll get there on time, thought Gohan, we’ll get there.

~oOo~

The ground trembled for a moment causing the weaker inhabitants of the throne room to scramble in order to keep their balance. Dalia looked around in confusion before turning to the android besides her.

“Hmm…” Cell commented looking half amused as the servants in the room grabbed hold of the nearest any thing. “This planet seems unstable.”

“Actually, earthquakes are a rarity here…” she trailed off suddenly sensing the alien ki of the Namek dragon.

“Goddamnit…” she muttered quickly spinning around and running out of the room leaving a startled Cell behind. “Shit, shit, shit! He just couldn’t time it better, could he?”

Realizing what the coming of the dragon meant, she grimaced. “Move it or loose it, Android, we’re going to have company!” she called to the tall being over her shoulder as she dashed away.

~oOo~

The small courtyard was already packed full with assorted beings by the time Freeza managed to get there. He sighed in momentary relief noticing his army assembled in defensive perimeter around the lone figure of Dalia at the foot the gargantuan dragon.
He landed beside her a split second before his brother did and whirled around in time to see the three glowing orbs that where the Saiyans’ aura grow closer.

“Not here, you fools!” Freeza roared at the crowed that was supposed to be his best army and pointed skywards. “Up there!”
Upon their master’s command the entire force moved up to face the now visible forms of the Saiyans. It wasn’t much of a fight. The idiots would be pulverized by the monkeys in a matter of seconds, but it might just buy them enough time to speak their wish.

Koola gave his younger sibling a look of apprehension and motioned for him guard Dalia’s rear. They would have to get through them first.

“What’s taking so long?” Freeza shouted at Dalia who was already speaking to the beast.

“I’m working on it,” she muttered rapidly as a few episodes of what could go wrong with the wish if she didn’t speak it right flashed through her mind. She opened her mouth to continue the wish but was roughly shoved aside. The impact with the hard ground made her vision blur for a moment. The next thing she knew was Freeza and Koola’s angry curses and Son Goku’s son pinning her to the ground. With an irritated grunt, she pushed at Gohan far enough so she could get out from under him.

Knowing that she would go back to the dragon, Gohan immediately attacked again, sending a kick to her stomach and knocking her back to the ground.

“Shit,” she murmured to herself. A quick glance at her masters confirmed that they indeed had their own hands full with the Saiyans. So close…

She resolved herself to get to the dragon and all that was standing in her way now was this Saiyan hybrid. She launched herself at him, managing to land a punch on the side of his face and only getting three more from Gohan for her troubles. It was obvious now that she would be no match against the boy in her current state. Her hair took on its traditional silver hue as she quickly made the transition to her own superior form.

Gohan’s eyes widened slightly as he took in her transformation, but Dalia refused to give him enough time to digest it. She sent her knee up against his stomach, making him double over. Then she sent an uppercut to his chin, which made him straighten out again. He didn’t waste any time, immediately sending a flurry of punches and kicks her way, some of which she managed to duck or avoid.

She spared a quick glance at the dragon once again. He looked impatient, but at least there wasn’t anyone there from the other side to make a wish in her place. If I could just knock this guy out for a few minutes…

~oOo~

Bulma pointed in front of her, moving her arm past Videl’s shoulder from her perch on the other woman’s back. “Look!” she cried as she saw the events going on in the courtyard of the palace. She could barely make out anyone in the flood of people fighting down there, but one thing was for certain: nobody had made a wish yet.
Dende didn’t waste any time when he saw that everyone was too occupied to deal with the dragon. He flew down to stand in front of the large creature and quickly formed the wording in his mind. The children… If I get the children out…

“Huike ooraina shibba. Saiyan nine brekka,”
he screamed up at Purunga who looked all too happy to be noticed again.

Purunga’s eyes glowed brightly for a moment before he spoke. “It shall be done!” he bellowed causing a sudden silence to befall the vicinity.

For a moment no one moved as the form of the dragon glowed brightly then disappeared, scattering the giant Dragonballs with his passing. The silence was broken by a sudden choir of baby cries coming from the spot the dragon had previously occupied.

“Bura!” Bulma cried out running past Dende and scooping blue-eyed child into her arms. Only then did she notice the wild-hair one next to her.

“My immortality, you little bastard!” Freeza yelled lunging himself at the young Nameku-jin.

Dende, oblivious to what was happening behind him, stared transfixed at the place previously occupied by Purunga. I don’t understand… There should have been two more wishes… What happened? His eyes went wide in realization. They already made two wishes…

“Dende! Move!” Videl screamed tackling the young Namekian out of the way instants before Freeza crashed down on the spot he previously occupied.

“They… they already made the other two wishes!” cried Dende, instantly getting up and turning to look at Freeza. “What… what did they—?”

He trailed off as his answer walked into their line of sight.

Standing next to the entranceway was Cell, arms crossed, looking on with silent amusement. Dende blinked several times.

Cell. The army.

Behind Cell another, taller creature, obviously an Ice-jin, was assessing the situation.

“It’s King Kold,” Vegeta said quietly. He was only half-conscious of Koola, breaking away from a speechless Goku and landing besides the nightmarish form of Cell, a look of contained anger on his face.

“They—” Gohan stuttered, “they… brought back… their entire… army.”

~oOo~

What the devil is going on!

Coran rushed through the empty hallways making his way to where he sensed the disturbance to be. Dalia hadn’t called for him, but he had still managed to hear her frustration and anger. Now, all he could sense from her was that cold, calculating hatred that distinguished her transformed form.

Things just got really out of hand, he thought bitterly.

He had been on the search for his brother when he had sensed the draconian ki of Purunga. Upon this, he ordered his escort to continue on without him while he went to make sure everything was still controlled. It had quickly been obvious that his brother wasn’t traveling alone and that they were inside the palace. Both the Ginyu Force and Zarbon and Dodoria conceited, being anxious to prove their newly gained abilities against the unaware opponents they were hunting. Since they all sported scouters, they didn’t need him to track them down. He’d worry about his sibling later.

Dalia! he called out silently, but already knew that he wouldn’t get a straight answer from her. In her present state, only one thing was on her mind and that was destroying her opponent. To his surprise, he did receive a series of images depicting what was happening some where ahead. Cell and Dalia were fighting Son Goku’s brat while both his masters where busy with the older Saiyan. Seconds flew by and he finally reached his destination.

“What happened?” he asked to no one in particular struggling to internalize all that was going on at once.

“The dragon’s gone,” a deep voice answered him. Turning towards it he saw King Kold looking out at the courtyard with a dark expression on his face. “The monkeys managed to make the last wish and now my son’s have lost their immortality.” His eyes narrowed dangerously. “They will soon pay.”

“Wish, my King…” Coran started, then noticed the two Earthling women holding the apparently newborn babies in their hands. “Oh no…”

Before he could think anything else, his eyes darted up to where his master battled. To his surprise, Son Goku’s hybrid brat had intervened in their fight and now was struggling to fend off four opponents instead of two and gaining nothing but multiple bruises.

“What the devil does he think he’s doing?!” he exclaimed. “He doesn’t stand a chance…” He left the phrase hanging as he noticed what the other two Saiyans were doing. Damn…

Fu…!”
Time seemed to momentarily freeze as he noticed the all too familiar steps coming from the older Saiyan.

“…sion…!”

Coran’s mind raced in sudden understanding and horror of what was to happen next. Their children were safe, and they would show no mercy.

“…ha!”

A bright white light engulfed the entire area. For a moment, everyone stopped fighting and turned towards its source. As it began to dim away, the majestic form of Gogita became visible, golden hair crowning him and an emerald glare directed towards Freeza and Koola.

The next few moments were a blur. In a flash of golden light, the super fusion was upon the Glai’keel-sei prince and with a quick punch, sent both of them tumbling towards the ground. Gohan took this second of surprise and charged at both Cell and Dalia with renewed vigor making the two of them snap back to reality in order to protect themselves. Coran stood frozen in anger and surprise watching as both princes attacked the fusion again and again to no avail. He clenched his jaw in determination and closed his eyes. Coran could still feel the whirl of fighting ki outside and it only took a moment to study them and comprehend that both his masters where wasting their time fighting this creature. Even with their combined attacks, the fusion was far stronger and could easily defeat them both. The individual Saiyans were one thing and he was sure his masters could defeat them, but this…

Dalia… he called softly at her. I’ll need your help if we are to defeat them.

The azure skinned alien paused her fight for a moment, allowing the android Cell to lead the attack, and whirled around to face Coran.

You must keep them away from me, he told her. For this to work, my concentration must not be broken, even for an instant. There is still away.

Dalia narrowed her glowing emerald eyes and flew down towards him. Coran gave her a half smile then kneeled down, summoning power from deep inside his being.

Long minutes oozed by, each one taking a heavy toll on both Freeza and Koola, as again and again, their attacks were defeated.

“What are you two waiting for?!” King Kold asked in irritation storming to where the two of them where. Dalia turned her emerald gaze towards him and pleaded for silence.

“We must protect him,” she told him. “The powers he summons are great, but will take all his attention. We must make sure they are not interrupted.”
Before the Ice-jin king could ask more, Coran’s eyes snapped open glowing brightly.

Fu…”

His voice sounded strange as he closed one arm on top of the other over his chest. Dalia narrowed her eyes, then suddenly, the past few weeks and his obsession with the recordings of the fusion came into her mind.

“…sion!”

Coran crossed his hands forming a ‘V’ before him. Of course! He had said it was a spell!

“…ha!”

The Konack-jin clapped his hands together and from among them, a bright surge of light appeared. Dalia took an involuntary step back as the wizard rose to his feet, a fountain of raw force and energy radiating from him.

“Lord Koola! Lord Freeza!” his voice boomed suddenly cackling with power. Both Ice-jin turned towards him just in time to see the rain of power engulf them. Startled by the unexpected move, Gogita halted his attack for a moment.

“Touch each other!” Coran directed once again falling to a crouch and closing his eyes in concentration.

Freeza and Koola must have obeyed because seconds later, a giant explosion of light and energy centered on the area both beings had previously occupied. Dalia shielded her eyes to protect them from the blinding glare. A moment later, the light melted away and the spectators could make out the lone silhouette in its mists. For a moment, Dalia thought it was Freeza, but then noticed the ocean of differences and quickly dismissed the idea.

It was pale from head to toe, except for the obsidian carapace-like gems that decorated parts of his head, chest, arms and legs. He had a muscular build, far greater than that of Freeza and even of Koola. A small crest crowned his almond shaped eyes that when opened, narrowed their baleful ruby glare on the Saiyan super fusion. The narrow nose and two black lines that ran from beneath his eyes to his chin served to accent the whiteness of the creature. A cold smirk graced the dark lips of the perfect porcelain face as it looked down to examine himself.

A soft chuckle coming from the Ice-jin broke the grave-like silence that had befallen the entire arena and sent shivers down the backs of the travelers from Earth. The Glai’keel-jin prince fusion clenched his fists then raised its crimson eyes to meet those of the Saiyans, once again.

“Not one or the other,” he started, his voice seemed to join both that of Freeza and Koola. “Yet with their conviction.” He sneered at the other fusion then proceeded to power up.

“I guess I should be called Kooriza. Very well Saiyan, you’ve met your match.”