Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Retaliation; the Trouble Inside ❯ Gohan's Revenge ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trouble Inside
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon ball Z or GT. Z was created by Akira Toriyama, and both are owned by Toei animation Co, Shuisha Bird studios. This is fan fiction, and I make no money from writing this story.
My apologies to all for taking so long for this update!
***
Although Pan flew alongside her father, something instinctively didn't feel right. It was as if Gohan was holding something back, and she could feel a tension inside him. A strange mean predatory gleam shone in his eyes that frightened her. Yet she sensed he wouldn't hurt her. Was it possible that her own father was possessed?
No, Pan thought. There was just no way she could believe her father would let something like that happen. Still as she clung to him in a protective hug, his arms wrapped her securely. Burying her face into his chest for a moment Pan listened to his heartbeat. She always felt safe in her father's arms, so why was she afraid?
Sensing her tension, Gohan realized he had to act fast. Leaning down he whispered, “Pan, I sense the energy of your… grandfather's student's spirit. He needs your help. You had best go to him.”
“Why father?” she asked.
“He needs you. And something's happened to your uncle Goten,” Gohan explained, his voice a bit deeper then she realized. Holding her out at arm's length, Gohan gently nudged her so she was forced to levitate under her own power.
“All right Dad, but are you sure?”
“Please just do as I say, Daughter,” Gohan said firmly. “I want you to be safe.”
“But Dad I can…”
“Just go, Pan. Let me handle this. I don't want you hurt!” he shouted.
“All right Daddy,” Pan nodded, too shocked and frightened at the sudden hardness in her father's eyes.
“I'm sorry Pan. I just want you to obey me without question right now. You need to do as your Father says if you're to remain safe. I need to be able to do what I can without having to worry about you being hurt. You can best help me by helping Uub,” he explained further. The tones of his voice softened enough to reassure Pan he hoped.
“All right dad!” she said bravely before rocketing off. Relieved, Gohan frowned. It was too much of a temptation to twist her into his way of thinking. Yet he couldn't take the risk of her discovering his true nature. Too much was at stake. Besides he wanted to use the new powers he had achieved. Guilt wracked him for a moment, causing Gohan to press hands to his head.
“No, I won't let you stop me. You have such power and never use it. It's wasted on a weakling as you. I'll use your powers and show Kakkarot who is the stronger brother!” Raditz voice echoed.
“We'll see. But every minute you spend in my body you'll see how life is through my eyes. And don't think I'm not resisting you even now. There are better ways to fight then brute force. And you will be defeated. You couldn't bring yourself to hurt pan… because you sense my love for her,” Gohan whispered.
“Shut up! She is a female and not worth my time. She'll make good breeding stock for strong future warriors,” Raditz snarled.
“So you say,” Gohan answered his will fading again so Raditz was once more in control. Snorting, Gohan blasted off in the direction of where he sensed his father's own energies. He had to take out Son Goku before there was a chance of the plan coming to fruition. Raising his aura he blasted off to intercept Son Goku before he reached Vegeta and Trunks. Far away he sensed Goten streaking in the direction of Bra, son Goku hot on his tail. No, that wouldn't do. He had to stop Kakkarot before he stopped his comrade.
Pan's heart pounded the closer she approached to the flickering sputter that was Uub's ki. It flagged dangerously low, close to the place where she sensed her uncle's ki wink on and departing with rapid haste. Horror filled her, when she added up the possibilities in her head. If Goten had harmed Uub she had no idea what she would do.
“Please be okay!” Pan pleaded, racing across the golden fields that streaked under her. Over the stretch of land farms spread out like a patchwork quilt.
Reaching out with her mind, she strained to sense the ki that suddenly winked out. Like a candle it spluttered, then disappeared entirely. Her heart stopped at that second, only to flutter in terror. With a last burst of ki she closed the distance and rocketed towards the spot where he lay. Charred plants and landscape bore testimony to the fight that had knocked him down. Seeing a crumpled figure laying on its side, Pan screamed with anger as she touched down.
“No, oh no!” she cried, rushing to his side. He lay in a mound of earth, his back facing her though it was covered with a ripped vest. Tears swarming in her eyes, Pan dropped to her knee, reaching out to turn him over. She pulled his head and shoulder's onto her lap, fingers probing the bronze neck for a pulse.
The sight of his muscled chest caused her to tingle with joy, married with the horror of his present condition. Faintly a pulse thrummed under her questing fingers, and Pan swallowed hard. Leaning down she listened as a faint breath wafted against her hair.
He was alive. But barely clinging to life. Pan wiped away her tears, cradling him close as she rocked him. “Please hang on, Uub; I can't stand it if you left me alone! Please!”
Her arms wrapped around him, holding him to her chest so his head was nestled against her bosom. Pan felt the twitch of muscles, and heard the rasp of a breath. Letting go of him, she then positioned his head on her lap again. Smiling she massaged his temples, her heart aching with the fear that had just possessed it. A horrible threat of emptiness had been averted.
“Uub, please, wake up!” Pan urged, shaking him gently. Dark eyes fluttered open, unfocussed at the blur they saw hovering above them.
“P… Pan…” he stammered, reaching up one hand to brush her cheek before it dropped limp at his side.
“Uub don't you DARE do that again! How DARE you almost die on me!” Pan scolded harshly, tears dripping on his face.
“I'm sorry Pan… to worry you,” Uub lightly chuckled, again reaching that once limp hand to cup her face. Warmth returned to his body, his heart pounding more strongly now.
“Thank Kami!” Pan sobbed, grabbing that hand pressed to her cheek in her own. She pressed it there, turning her face to the side and kissing it feverishly.
“Pan, I'm okay,” Uub said, sitting up and pulling him head and shoulder off her lap. He blushed when he realized just what his head had been resting on. Twisting around he sat across from her, his face full of concern. Lightly he cupped her cheeks with both hands, brining their faces closer.
“I don't' know whether to kill you or... or…” Pan stammered, anger surfacing over the awkward feelings.
“Please don't cry Pan!” Uub said. “I was only pretending…”
“You… you…” Pan stammered. Her eyes went wide and she shoved him away.
“I'm sorry,” Uub said, turning his face away to see the hurt in her young face.
“Dammit, don't do that again!” Pan shouted. She grabbed his face between her hands, and then seized his moth with her own. Uub froze and flushed brightly with embarrassment as he realized she was kissing him on the mouth. Her tongue swept over his lips, and he slowly raised his own hands to rest them on her shoulders.
Their kiss deepened, and Uub grew bolder. Though he knew they were in the midst of a fight, he couldn't help himself. All the repressed feelings he had held under close restraint bubbled up, and his arms crushed her to his chest. Pan looped her arms around his neck, her tongue invading his lips. Kami help him he allowed her access, and tasted her for the first time.
Panting they parted, their eyes moist and bright. Laughing awkwardly Uub tilted his head to see if her averted gaze held anger or confusion. He murmured, “Pan…”
“We… we have to go help Grandpa. I think… I think something's wrong with Gohan…” Pan stammered, still not able to look him in the face. Concerned, Uub squeezed her shoulders and rested his forehead to hers.
“I know. I sensed it. I'm okay. But I want you to stay here while I…” he started.
“Oh no you don't! We're going together!” Pan snapped, grabbing onto him and shaking him.
“All right, you win,” Uub laughed, loving the fire in her spirit. She looked truly gorgeous. Slowly he rose, sliding his hands down her arms to grasp her hands. Gently he pulled her up to stand next to him. Pan squeezed his hands in her own, and then nodded.
“All right then, together,” she said, leaning over and kissing him again. Uub suppressed the blush, sliding his arm around her waist. She gasped as he blasted off; holding her to his hip while crimson energies surrounded them both.
***
While it was tempting to instant transmit to Goten, something inside Goku make it difficult for him to lock in on the ki. Almost as if there were two simultaneously occupying one space. As soon as he locked into Goten's signature, it would wink out, being replaced with another. While this never deterred Goku before, he was disturbed. Indeed Uub's fear and his were both justified.
Energy, much brighter streaked towards him. Frowning, he recognized it as Gohan's. Yet it burned far more brightly then his son's usual self control. Vast energies were tightly fettered, lest Gohan rage his inner terrifying potential. Even the Kais had feared his might, banking on his purity to keep such terrible energies in check. As long as Gohan used his power for good, they had little to fear. Yet if that power was corrupted, as it was when Majin Buu duplicated it and added it to his own, there was great cause for alarm.
Now their fears had possibly come to pass, Goku worried. Far better to risk taking out Goten before Gohan reached him that is if Gohan was truly possessed as he suspected Goten was. Yet he could be wrong, and it could be possible that Gohan was merely coming to aid him. Despite his orders to the contrary.
“Right, I'm sorry son, but I have to do this,” he frowned. Pressing two fingers to his forehead he winked out of existence.
A fraction of a second later Goku crackled into three dimensions after a ride like a radio signal on invisible wires. Drawn right to Goten, he blocked the oncoming gold comet that raced towards him. Gold eyes narrowed, Goku reaching out to sense a great malevolence only a half mile now separating them. Over his shoulder Goku had seen the spires of East City, near where Bra had travelled to be safe. The Briefs had a small summer cabin in the nearby mountains which was one of their many retreats. He recalled that Vegeta had ordered Goten to take Bra there, and then report back.
“Stop!” Goku bravely shouted, positioning himself with arms spanned wide. His skin tingled with the ki of the oncoming comet, which suddenly screeched to a halt without the side effects of course. But the motion cessation was identical to the phenomenon of a car hitting the breaks. Hair blazing gold and eyes a cold shade of teal, Goten stared him down with a fierce frown.
“What are you doing here? Don't you know that there's…?” Goten began.
A wave of Son Goku's furred hand silenced the words in his throat. Voice low and primal Goku wrinkled his nostrils as he said, “Don't even start with me, Goten. If that's who you REALLY are.”
“You'd question your own son?” Goten feigned innocence.
“I would, considering you've been possessed before. Don't force me to hurt you. I have to stop you, and I'd prefer to do it quickly,” Goku warned, gold eyes flashing with restrained fire.
“Your funeral, FATHER,” Goten frowned. “You're the one who's possessed! Why are you stopping me from helping Bra? I promised Vegeta I'd protect her!”
“And I'm protecting HER from you, Goten. Who are you really in there! Answer me! Why have you stolen my son's body?” Goku yelled, blocking Goten once more. Each move that Goten made to streak around him resulted in a dead end collision with the phasing body of the massive ss4.
“Get out of my way, Dad!” Goten snarled, his teeth bared.
“Goten, or whoever you are, you must know that your powers are no match for mine in this form,” Goku cautioned, shoving him back. The flat of his hand collided with Goten's chest, knocking him head over heels. Tumbling his son struggled to right himself.
“Maybe, but would you hurt your own dear son? You'll have to kill me to stop me, Father,” Goten answered, his voice thread and breathless. Energy flared as Goten finally pulled out of his spin. Holding his palms at the height of his chest he then pressed the flats of both hands together. Gold ki streamed through his fingers, forming a bubble that enlarged as he brought his two hands apart to the distance of six inches. Goku readied himself for the attack, his tail twitching nervously. Something seemed dastardly familiar about the shape of the ki weapon Goten forged.
“Go to hell!” Goten shouted, hurling the hollow bubble of energy towards him.
Goku tossed back his wrist forming a gold ki ball and sending it crashing into the unfamiliar attack. This was no kiko ha or kamehameha. The bubble popped, rupturing an explosive surge of ki that blinded Goku momentarily as his own blast collided with it.
“Wait a minute,” Goku blinked, his eyes compensating for the sudden flare. “That looked like… like one of…”
A sharp kick slammed into Goku's back. He spun around, blocking a flurry of fists and then a skull cracked into his own. Spinning like a buzz saw, Goten cannonball into him, his heels crashing next onto Goku's skull, followed by a second head butt and a heavy push. Each blow was blocked, but surging with full intensity hell bent on one purpose: fighting for real.
“Give it up! You can't win! Don't' make me hurt you!” Goku taunted.
“Oh save it! You may look like a pink monkey but you don't have the guts to kill your own son!” Goten laughed maniacally. Another bubble of energy surged towards him, whizzing past Goku's head as he dodged it.
“Kill driver!” Goten had shouted a second before.
“Wait… I remember that attack,” Goku muttered dumfounded. “But you were… you were destroyed YEARS ago… how can you…”
“Sloppy, you fool,” Goten answered, firing another blast. His attacks were rapid and lightening fast, in a pattern of attack that caught Goku off guard with its style. He had anticipated Goten's own techniques to mirror Chichi's, for that was his first teacher, and yet he had gravely miscalculated. For all his own power that surpassed Goten's, the sweeping arc of his legs and fists coupled with the buzz saw slams kept him off balance.
“You fight well, whoever you are,” Goku wiped blood from his face. “But enough play!”
“That's so typical. You are far more Saiyan after all, aren't you? But still as stupid as ever! All the power in the world can't save you from a superior fighter!” Goten laughed, punching him hard in the gut. He followed with another punch to Goku's face, and a nasty kick that propelled him backwards. Although these were full blows Goku still was far from fazed. Not even the rapid explosions of several kill drivers blasting in his face knocked him out. Goten was powerful, fighting with all he had, but Goku feared he'd force him to really hurt him. So far Goku merely dodged the attacks or parried them.
“All right, you're going to do this the hard way. I'm sorry Goten, but your father's going to have to stop you. I hope you understand,” Goku answered. “TAYO KEN!”
Goten howled with the explosion of power brighter than a supernova. Goku cracked his fist into Goten's jaw, feeling bone break. A second punch knocked the wind from him, followed with a kick to his stomach. Doubling over Goten winced in pain. Then Goku grabbed him by the ankles, whirling him around rapidly. Goten spun away, slicing into the air towards the hard ground. A huge crater expanded around him as he hit hard, kicking up dust around him for hundreds of feet. Rock splintered and cracked under the Saiyan, who left a Goten shaped dent in the ruined earth below.
“I'm sorry Goten,” Goku whispered, holding his hands at the level of his hips. Two blue spheres were crushed together, as Goku chanted, “KA... me ha me ha… times TEN!”
The broad blue beam streamed from between Goku's hands, wreathed with powerful overtones of red. A huge bubble of light blistered like a boil from the crater where Goten had crashed, lighting up the mountains and spires of rock in the wasteland below. However Goku secretly knew the blast was hardly its full intensity. At the last minute he had absorbed the greater part back into his body. Squeezing his eyes shut, Goku felt hot tears seeping between his lashes.
“Goten…” he mouthed, seeing the smoke billowing towards heaven.
“I'm truly sorry Goten. But I'll bring you back with the dragon balls,” Goku vowed. He hadn't the heart to soar down and check to see the lifeless body as the ki winked out. However he couldn't stop himself from soaring down towards the huge crater and scorched earth he'd generated from the killing blow.
Ki winked on nearby, approaching at rapid velocity. It corresponded with Gohan's blazing power, and Goku halted his descent. Spinning around he saw his elder son's figure blow up and stop just five hundred yards and hover. Clad in the gi that the supreme kai had given him, Gohan gaped in horror at his father drifting over the massive crate.
“Father… what have you done! I sensed Goten, and then…”
“Gohan, I'm sorry, but I had to stop him. He was going to hurt Bra. I sensed his evil…”
“But you killed him… you…” Gohan stammered, closing the gap between them till he hovered only feet from his father.
“I had no choice. You must know that, Gohan. And you also must know that we can bring him back…”
“That still doesn't excuse it, Father. I thought I knew you,” Gohan shook his head, eyes burning with bitter anger. Shoving him aside he blazed with indigo power. Miserable, Goku shot back and hung his head. For a second his face was eclipsed in shadow.
“Gohan, please, this isn't helping us!” Goku protested.
“Save it! It's just like you isn't it? To not even think of the welfare of your own flesh and blood, Father,” Gohan snarled. A fist slammed into Goku's back, followed by a knee blow that sent fire into his kidneys.
“Gohan…” Goku rasped, stunned by the sudden attack. Gohan's fist crashed into his face, a whole galaxy of stars erupting in his brain with blinding pain.
“You don't care about us! You never did!” Gohan shouted, pelting Goku with punches. “My own father, who always abandoned his family! You never DID care for Goten! You were never THERE for him when I was! You're no father to him!”
“ENOUGH!” Goku roared. Digging his elbow into Gohan's midriff he then hurled his son off. Pain still had rung Goku's head like a bell, his vision swarming from the sheer force of Gohan's blow. However a small mean smile came over his face.
His raised wrist deflected Gohan's next blow. In a blur of orange Gohan pasted him with rapid fire punches, only to have them blocked with Goku's wrists or knees. Panting, Goku half smiled as he said, “Do you know me, or is that really you, Gohan? To so easily forget about the dragon balls?”
“Don't change the subject!” Gohan raged. A kick finally connected, impacting the bones of Goku's knee raised to block it. The splintering sickening crack of solid bones under bruised flesh was accompanied by Goku's gasp of pain. Then his wrist erupted with a stab of fire that left the nerves in his arm numb when he blocked Gohan's recent punch. Gohan rammed Goku with his shoulder, a trail of ki burning like a rocket behind him. Goku twisted, his wrist and knee throbbing from Gohan's connected blows. He marveled at the sheer power that his son had shown. Neither punch was pulled, evident from the sagging knee that hung useless and his wrist that he cradled close to his belly. He could only make himself a small target with one shoulder facing his son.
Lightening surged from Gohan's forehead, as he pressed two fingers to it. Goku swung his head up, almost laughing with the lunacy of the situation. Bracing himself he knew he was in too much pain to concentrate to phase away. Those blows had hurt him badly, even in Super Saiyan 4 mode. With a small smile Goku watched Gohan then point an index finger towards him, his voice rasping, “Special BEAM CANNON!”
One beam streamed from Gohan's finger, while a second corkscrewed around it. The lance of ki spiraled through the charged atmosphere towards Goku, who twisted his body at the last minute. Still ki singed his fur, and he felt the pain of the ki scraping like a scalpel over his right hunched shoulder. The blinding beam then kissed the top of one spire of rock, cutting a crescent shape into its summit.
“You actually meant that, didn't you, son?” Goku panted, in sick fascination because he was enjoying himself. Saiyan blood pounded in his veins, demanding the fight to continue. Although this was his own son, Goku was having the time of his life feeling Gohan fighting at his true potential.
“You really are sick, Father. Enjoying the fight when you slew one of your own sons?” Gohan taunted.
“I admit you're right. But that's the only thing that you're saying that makes any sense,” Goku laughed, coughing up blood. Raising his uninjured hand he generated a ki ball, and then hurled it towards Gohan. Crossing his wrists Gohan easily blocked it, deflecting it back towards Goku. It crashed into him, sizzling and smoking with the heat he had imparted in it.
“What are you babbling about?” Gohan answered.
“How funny this is. Because you're not Gohan,” Goku laughed, shaking his head.
“Laugh while you can! You won't get away with killing your own son!”
“And you'd kill your own father. Why does this seem like a joke? Because it is. And because I know now that you're not Gohan. Any more than that was Goten I supposedly killed. You've made several mistakes whoever you are, and you'll learn that it's foolish to underestimate your enemy,” Goku answered, still with a tiny smile.
Gathering energy at his palms he cupped them together. Twin spheres blazed into life once more. Goku roared, “KAMEHAMEHA TIMES TEN!”
An unsuspecting Gohan shivered, his hands raised to block. Bringing them to shoulder level he spanning them in a y shape. “DOUBL ESUNDAY!” he hollered.
Two beams collided in a classic struggle. Gohan's energy blazed like a hot blue giant, while Goku's surged golden red. Sweat blistered on their foreheads as they grunted and poured more energy into their respected attacks. Goku over the blinding whirr of the beam war gritted, “Give it up, Raditz! I know it's you now!”
“You're going to die, fool. Even if you figured it out, it makes little difference now! I have true power now, and unlike your weak willed son, I am not afraid to use it!” Gohan shouted back. Teeth gritting, Raditz inside Gohan reached for the hidden doors that were slammed tightly shut. One by one he drew unlocked them, his anger the key.
“RAAAAAAHHH!” Gohan howled, more energy widening the circumference of his beam. It thrust back, increasing in length while Goku's times ten kamehameha grew shorter.
“You won't win. Because I… know something about Gohan, you don't!” Goku warned, grinning. “Rrrggghhh……”
“Give up, Kakkarot! Even though you wear that form, I can still defeat you! You don't know the full power of your own son! And with that I'll kill you!” Gohan cackled, his eyes hard with hatred.
“We'll see!” Goku answered, feeling the relentless push of Gohan's inner potential gaining. Never since Cell had Gohan reached so deep. His son's skin seemed to glow an eerie ice blue, wreathed with white hot fire that burned at the same intensity as his own ss4 aura.
“All this power!” laughed Raditz, drunk on the sensation of the torrent he had unleashed. “Yes, finally I'll be avenged!”
**