Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Sick Dayz ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Bring him over here," Gohan said as him and Trunks placed Goten on the bed. Goten sat up, still holding his chest.

"What's wrong with him?" Pan asked.

"I think he's got a heart virus."

"What can we do to help him?"

"Well, when my dad got the virus, mom gave him some heart medicine. Trunks, come with me to get the medicine. Videl, you better call my mom and tell her what happened."

"What can I do Dad?"

"I guess you can take care of Goten."

**********

ChiChi came running in through the door looking for Goten. "Where is he?!" she asked.

"Over here," Videl answered leading a frantic ChiChi to her son.

"Hi Mom," Goten said weakly. ChiChi hugged her son, thankful that he was okay. Goten winced as another pain shot through his chest.

"Goten?"

"I'm alright," he answered as the pain subsided.

"We're back!" Trunks entered the room where Goten was being kept.

"Did you get the medicine?" ChiChi asked Gohan.

"Yep. The last one too." He placed the medicine on a table by the bed.

"Why aren't you giving it to him?"

"The lady said not to unless he really needs it."

"ChiChi, would you like something to eat?" ChiChi looked at Goten.

"Go on Mom," he urged. "I'll be fine."

"I'll stay with `em awhile," Trunks reassured.

"Oh, alright…" She followed Gohan, Pan, and Videl to the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling good when we were sparring?"

"I dunno. I guess I didn't want to disappoint you."

"You only disappointed me by not telling me you sick."

"Sorry…"

"It's okay. Listen, I'm gonna go get some chow. You gonna be alright by yourself?" Goten nodded.

*********

It had only been a few hours since ChiChi had checked on Goten. She had found him fast asleep. She was now sitting with her family and Trunks, worrying about what could happen if the medicine didn't work. Then, all of a sudden, a loud cry was heard coming from the spare bedroom. Goten's family and Trunks ran into the room.

"Goten, are you alright?!" Goten was in too much pain to answer anyone. Gohan quickly grabbed the medicine bottle and took out a pill. He gave the pill to Goten, but it didn't seem to be working. "It's not working!" ChiChi cried.

"Mom…"ChiChi looked at her son and grabbed his hand. She then felt Goten's body go limp. She stood up, tears streaming down her face. "Is he…?"

Gohan shook his head. "He'll be fine."

**********

It was early the next morning. Trunks had gone back home to Capsule Corp. ChiChi had also gone home, but only after Gohan had swore that Goten was alright. Now, since Goten was feeling better, he decided that he was tired of lying in bed. He got up and walked to the kitchen.

"I'm starving," he said aloud.

"So Goten, you feeling better?"

Goten spun around in surprise. "Oh, it's just you Videl."

"Would you like me to make you some breakfast?"

"Sure!" "Okay. You can watch some t.v. while I make your food."

"Okay." Goten sat on the couch and flipped on the t.v. Gohan came down from upstairs and looked at Goten.

"You shouldn't be out of bed." "Quit acting like Mom. I feel fine."

"Where's Pan?" Videl asked.

"Still sleeping."

"Well, I guess she can eat leftovers."

**********

Well, that's the end of that chapter. What do you think? Pretty bad, huh…?

C-ya!