Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slave ❯ Aika Multaa Muistot (Everything Is Nothing) ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own DBZ or any of the characters from it.

A/N - I finally got my new choker back from Urban Rumor today! I designed a black leather choker with a silver cross hanging from it like the one Bulma wears in the chapter "Black Leather". It is a truly awesome cross! Anyhow, as I promised here is the next update! Enjoy!

There are a few reviews that I wish to reply to, the first is from bishoujo. My comment to you is that I personally do not like LavendergoddessV's writing, but that I wasn't mocking her when I said that. I merely meant that she doesn't really write anything alternate. I think she writes well from a structural perspective but her characterization is off and her work is very, very predictable with over used ideas. That's just my opinion; I respect that others like her though.

To Kaioh, I'd like to say that I love NIN too, I have pretty much all of the NIN albums and "we're in this together now" is a song which I'm writing a later chapter too, as well as the NIN song 'sanctified' which you also wrote a few of the lyrics to. NIN was a huge inspiration for this fic, I'm glad you like them too!

Oh and for Kittygirl, yes I do read my reviews - I don't think there is an author alive who doesn't! I'm just one of those lazy people who rarely write author responses, but trust me - I am listening! Try not to get to angry about me not updating as often as I used to, I try to update as often as possible but I'm busy a lot of the time.

IMPORTANT: This fic is being written by Vegeta Goddess only. Lady D co-wrote the first 6 or so chapters and then stopped writing. Most of you missed the author note explaining that she was no longer co-writing. I just wanted it clear that up.

Lyrics: "Aika Multaa Muistot (Everything Is Nothing)" by SENTENCED

Thanks to Nikoru for beta reading!

~*~

Everything is nothing to me, I couldn't care less

A stern cold man is what I am, hard, relentless

And though I might have strayed the path I wouldn't change a thing

I've hated life to the fullest yet with longing deep within

~*~

"Keep quiet, we can't afford to let anyone know hat we're here. Nothing must prevent out escape, Bulma." Bulma shivered as Ilandra's voice slipped around her like a fur coat in the silence of the tunnel they had crawled through. They had reached the end of the dusty, claustrophobic tunnel not long ago and Ilandra had insisted that they hunch in the cover provided by the darkness of the tunnel and wait little longer. Bulma thought that the lavender haired woman as being a little paranoid, but her opinion didn't count for much, especially as Ilandra seemed very well versed in matters of infiltration and general sneaking around.

The tunnel entrance was painted in a thick gloom which was held in check by the steel grating that was bolted across the entrance. Through the steel grating Bulma could see some sort of empty maintenance hallway that looked similar to the ones back at the castle, only while those tunnels had been dusty and un-used, these ones looked well cared for - as though they were regularly visited.

"What do we do if someone sees us?" Bulma whispered, her blue eyes darting left and right and she strained to see past Ilandra and through the grill. Although she couldn't see anyone it didn't mean that people weren't coming.

"If someone sees us then I'll take care of them, I have inherited my fathers strength." The pale ice-jin princess smiled faintly, and turned to face Bulma, her teeth gleaming softly in the dim lighting as she reassured her. "Don't worry Bulma, I'm not going to let those saiyans get their hands on you ever again."

Bulma smiled back, not entirely sure if she trusted Ilandra completely but willing to take a chance on it. In front of her Ilandra was muttering quietly to herself as she began to pry the grill free. Her nimble fingers making short work of the rivets that held it in place. It was truly amazing how talented Ilandra was, Bulma mused to herself as she watched her friend work. While she herself was a mechanical genius, Ilandra was brilliant at scheming and working out tactics - areas of skill that Bulma was fairly sure she herself rated low in.

With an echoing clatter of metal the grill dropped free from the wall and light flooded into the tunnel, bathing Ilandra and Bulma in its luminescent glare. Ilandra seemed to flow from the tunnel, moving so fluidly that her movements seemed liquid as she poured to the ground and crouched, listening for signs that someone might have heard them. When she was certain that the way ahead was clear she signaled with a quick motion of her hand for Bulma to drop down from the tunnel and join her.

Bulma squirmed free from the grill opening and fell to the floor with a muffled thump, landing in a tangled pile of arms and legs. The blue haired beauty quickly vaulted to her feet and gave a dignified shrug of her shoulders as though she often fell from grills, her blue eyes staring anywhere bar at Ilandra, who was looking at Bulma exasperatedly.

"If you're quite finished, perhaps we could get moving?" Ilandra tossed her hair over her shoulder and grabbed for Bulma's hand. With a quick tug she jerked Bulma closer to her and then began to drag the small human down the hallway and towards the docking bay. Ilandra knew that sooner or later the saiyans would trace her footsteps and would send guards after them and she couldn't, she just couldn't, loose Bulma to Vegeta.

Not after everything she had had to endure to get her free.

~*~

For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery

I deprived myself of love for eternal agony

And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose

Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

~*~

"Sire?" The saiyan guard knelt before Vegeta, his limbs trembling ever so slightly as he caught sight of the dismembered body of the former King laid out on an elaborate funeral slab.

"What is it?" Vegeta snapped, tearing his own eyes off his father's body and looking down his nose at the trembling worm before him. "Have you found my woman yet?" He took a step towards the guard, his tail uncurling and lashing about dangerously as his temper flared.

"N-not yet Sire, but we have tracked her scent to the maintenance tunnels at the bottom of the castle." The guard took a deep breath and continued, certain that his next words were going to be his last. "We are certain that your concubine is still with Ilandra Cold, but we are unable to ascertain what her current state of health is." The guard waited for a killing blow to land o his head or neck, surprised when he only heard Vegeta chuckle.

"Foolish Low-level." He hissed between his sharpened teeth to the guard who was still kneeling before him. "Ilandra is no fool. She would not presume to harm my servant in any manner, particular not if she wishes to leave this place alive." Vegeta shook his head and looked up at the ceiling, sucking in a deep breath of air before continuing. "No, Ilandra will not harm Bulma - she will use her as a hostage if need be, but she will not hurt her in any way. Bulma will be useless to her if she doesn't co-operate, and the only way that Ilandra can guarantee her co-operation is if she convinces Bulma that she is her friend." The saiyan prince spoke to the guard as he would have to a child; his tone dripping with condescension as though he was talking to a simpleton.

Vegeta stared down haughtily at the worm before him and considered, albeit it briefly, if wasting his energy on exterminating this maggot's life would be worth his time. Granted this particular saiyan appeared to fear him greatly - as he should - but what was truly bothering Vegeta was the manner in which this saiyan had blurted things out to him. He hadn't been cold and distant as Vegeta would have wished for his messenger to be. Instead he had been frightened and had cowered before him as he had stuttered out the bad news.

No, Vegeta decided after quick deliberation, ending this fools life wasn't a task worthy of his time or his energy. Right now it was imperative for him to follow through with the traditional saiyan funeral ritual - he had to make sure that his fathers spirit was passed on through the generations. In accordance with saiyan ritual there was only one way in which a saiyans spirit, pride and strength could be passed on:

He had to devour his father's heart, liver and some of his flesh and blood. It wasn't the eating and drinking of his fathers blood that bothered Vegeta - that was a custom which the saiyan people had followed since the dawn of the Vegeta Empire, and perhaps even before then. No, what bothered Vegeta was the fact that his father, his strong and proud father who Vegeta had looked up to all his life had been slaughtered so mercilessly and easily at the hands of a whore.

A whore who now had his woman - perhaps the only woman Vegeta had felt anything for during his entire life.

His feelings confused him. He didn't love her - love was completely out of the question, but whatever it was that he felt for her was stronger then lust. He wanted her constantly, craved her company like a drug. She was his latest addiction and he couldn't work out why. It wasn't the way she dressed or the way she looked at him, nor was it the small talk she made with him after their coupling. It was something indefinite; something Vegeta couldn't quite put his finger on.

With a flick of his wrist Vegeta signaled for the cowering guard before him to leave, and the terrified saiyan scuttled away leaving a scent of fear in his wake. Vegeta's nose wrinkled and he scoffed quietly to himself before turning back to his father's body, his cape whispering quietly as it billowed out behind him, caught on a breeze.

The once proud King was lying on a funeral slab in a pool of blood. It was strange that the body still bled, Vegeta would have thought that the body would have ceased to bleed by now, but the blood which had flowed through his fathers veins was still slowly oozing out - albeit slowly. Some poor doctor had tried to arrange his father so that it appeared that his body was intact, but it was impossible to hide the fact that the king had been ripped carelessly apart.

Vegeta felt his emotions slink away in his own mind. Forced into reclusion by his need for a clear mind and for common sense - he couldn't afford to lose control of himself now and disgrace his father and their families honor by howling at the unfairness of it all. With a sigh of breath that barely stirred the air in front of him the lone prince walked to his father's body and reached out a hand, letting it hover over his fathers chest for an age before he formed a single tiny ball of ki and easily sliced his father open.

The glowing ki easily cut though the flesh, muscle, cartilage and bone - slicing a neat line down the center of his father's chest. Vegeta allowed the ki to dissipate and then reached out his hands again and tore his fathers chest apart with a sickening wet tearing sound that was just identifiable over the stomach turning snaps and pops of his fathers ribs snapping cleanly in two.

"As my father once took the knowledge of his own father and passed it on, so shall I take the strength, courage and wisdom of the ages from his body and pass it into my own." Vegeta whispered the words into the empty room; his rough voice echoing back to him so that for the briefest of seconds it appeared as though there were two of him in the room bidding their father a last farewell.

Vegeta reached into the gaping maw of his fathers twisted and broken body and closed his hand around his father's heart. The muscle was still warm and when Vegeta tore it free with another wet tearing noise, warm blood splashed onto his face and chest. It dripped slowly down his face and off his chin where it splashed onto his chest and slowly oozed its way down his body, leaving glistening scarlet trails streaking down the prince's chest.

He held the bloodied heart clenched in his fist and brought it to his mouth inch by agonizing inch as the blood continued to run, dripping between his fingers and splashing deafeningly to the floor.

~*~

Take me home

To the one I belong

~*~

The saiyans neck snapped with a brittle snap that reminded Bulma of a branch breaking, the mans eyes rolled back in his head and his body flopped lifelessly in Ilandra's hands before the deadly beauty tossed him aside as she would have apiece of garbage. The saiyan's body hit the polished floor of the spaceport without making a sound and it slid across the floor to come to a rest near the steel wall.

Ilandra cracked her knuckles and rolled her shoulders, her white skin seemed to almost glow as she stretched and yawned before turning to face the single guard who was left standing in the room. The guard was tall for a saiyan and very solidly built. Under any other circumstance Bulma was certain that the burly saiyan male would have scoffed at the thought of the petite lavender haired woman standing in front of him actually being able to hurt him - but after seeing seven of his co-workers a friends slaughtered by this particular woman without her even breaking a sweat, the saiyan could be forgiven for being rendered speechless.

"What's the matter, hmmm?" Ilandra questioned lazily, holding a nail out in front of her and studying it as she waited for the saiyan to make his move. However the saiyan merely ground and stood his ground, determined not to fall into the same trap that his friends had been trapped into rushing headlong into a fight with the eerily beautiful creature that stood in front of him. Odd as it seemed, the gorgeous pale skinned creature that was lounging in front of him contained within her a power so great that his entire crew had been slaughtered without any of them laying a hand on her.

Ilandra lowered her hand and smiled faintly, her laughter tinkling like bells as she tossed her hair over her shoulder and took a step towards the trembling guard. In a movement that was so fast Bulma didn't even see it happen, Ilandra leapt forward and grabbed the saiyans head in her hands. For a second Bulma could see Ilandra almost suspended over the saiyan, her dress hanging around her in a glowing outline. Then Ilandra moved again and when Bulma next blinked she opened her eyes to find Ilandra standing in front of her with the saiyans head in her hands.

She let the head drop to the ground with a thump and Bulma winced as some of the teeth shattered from the saiyans mouth and skidded along the ground. She raised a hand to her mouth and fought back bile as she caught site of the headless body lying on its back in a pool of rapidly glowing crimson blood.

"Time to go Bulma." Ilandra drew Bulma's attention gently away from the hideous sight of destruction before them as she took her hand. "Everything will be alright. There isn't anyone left to stop us." Her red eyes glowed softly as Ilandra stepped in close to Bulma and pressed her soft red lips against the smaller humans.

Bulma stood there, shocked, as Ilandra kissed her. The ice-jins hands gently traced circles on her back as she poured herself into the kiss before pulling swiftly away and leading the shell shocked Bulma towards one of the un-manned ships.

~*~

I'll see you all go down and witness your demise

I'll be the last to close my eyes

And forgive me nothing for I truly meant it all

- what I've said, what I've done

~*~

A/N - My God, that song is so beautiful. My guy played it to me last night…now I'm completely taken with this song. The lyrics seemed to fit this chapter so well, as did the music that goes with it. It was a short chapter I know but I didn't get much time to write last week or this week. I had to move rooms in my flat and then my computer broke down - as well as this chapter getting deleted when I had almost finished writing it! Oh well, hopefully you'll all forgive me! Please Review!