Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Something More... ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Retrieval

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.
----------------------

Somewhere out in the middle of the woods was a young boy who was staring at his reflection in a pond.
The boy had the appearance of a 2-year-old,but in reality was much younger.
The boy couldn't remember how he got here,or even who his parents were. There were pieces of a large eggshell nearby,but he didn't know anything about that either.
All the boy knew was his name.
"Piccolo."
----------------------

Kami found the forest he was looking for. The one where his nephew currently was.
He slowly descended to the ground.
'Time to find him,'he thought.
Kami walked into the forest.
----------------------

*Meanwhile*

Mr.Popo was on his flying carpet,heading towards Son Goku's location.
'I hope he's ready to go,'he thought.
He flew on.
----------------------

*Back in the forest*

Piccolo was drinking some water from the pond when he heard a twig snap behind him. Piccolo whirled around and saw a tall man holding a long,wooden walking-stick.
What piqued his curiosity,however,was the fact that the man looked just like him.
"Who are you?"The young boy asked.
"Kami."
----------------------

Mr.Popo also found who he was looking for. Son Goku was in an empty field by himself,doing a very complicated kata.
The boy who had saved Chikyuu-sei from Diamaou was happy to see him.
"Hi Mr.Popo!"He said energetically as the man landed.
"Hello Goku,"he said back."Are you ready to start training with Kami?"
Goku smiled brightly."Yeah!"
-----------------------

Piccolo didn't know what to think of the man standing in front of him.
'Why does he look like me? Is he...my otousan?'
"Are you...are you my...daddy?"
Kami smiled kindly.
"Iie,I'm not your father. I'm your uncle,m'boy."
"Oh. Where's my daddy then? And how did I get here?"
'Think fast!'Kami thought.
"Your otousan died in a plane crash. You,however,managed to survive. Although you appear to have amnesia."
"Amnesia?"Piccolo asked,confused.
"Yes. When it happens,you lose your memory."
"Oh. Is that why I don't know anything about my 'tousan?"
"Yes."
Piccolo continued,"How did you find me? How did you know I was alive?"Piccolo suddenly looked sad."How do you know my daddy is dead?"Tears appeared in the corners of his eyes.
Kami looked sad as well.'The poor boy.'
"I was on the plane with you and your otousan. When it crashed,I was knocked unconscious. When I woke
up,your otousan was next to me,dead. I couldn't find you anywhere. I went to look for you,hoping against hope that you were alive,and luckily,I managed to find you."He smiled slightly.
Piccolo looked kind of nervous about something.
"What's gonna happen to me now? Where will I go?"He asked Kami,worry in his eyes and voice.
Kami looked surprised. Then he smiled gently.
"My dear boy,you're going to come live with me,of course. I am your uncle,after all."
Piccolo smiled brightly. "Yay!"He then leapt into Kami's arms and wrapped his arms around his neck.
Kami smiled fondly at the boy.'His coping skills are amazing.'
"Let's go home,Piccolo."
Piccolo smiled contentedly,laid his head on Kami's shoulder,closed his eyes,and fell asleep.
"Sleep well Piccolo,"Kami whispered.
In his sleep,Piccolo smiled happily.
-----------------------

Author's Notes: Awww,what a kawaii scene! I love it! Isn't chibi-Piccolo just darling?^_^
Next time,Goku and Piccolo meet! Sugoi!
Ja ne minna!