Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Blues for Nappa and Yamcha ❯ Saiyan pride or sanity? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Saiyan Pride or Sanity?
By Trynia Merin
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama created it, and Toei Animation Co. Ltd owns it. I'm only borrowing the characters for this fan fiction. I own Stellari, Fermi and Bohr though. I make no money from this. It means no harm to the series or manga.
 
Summary: Yamcha wonders why Stellari, a friend of his mated and married a ruthless Saiyan warrior like Raditz instead of starting a relationship with him instead. But he's really wondering why Bulma ended up with Vegeta.
***
"Leave?" she asked. Raditz nodded, leaning over to pick up her knees then boost her up into his arms. Despite her protests that she could fly he ignored her. Soon they left the ground far behind them. Stellari's arms wrapped around his neck, beneath his fall of hair. Still feeling the rush of air on her cheek was interesting.
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"To speak to the Prince of this," said Raditz. "I think he should know any threat to his safety."
 
"How could… oh no…"
 
"You told him to speak to Bulma. I think he'd endanger her welfare," said Raditz.
 
"Oh crap," she groaned.
 
Both of them landed quickly outside of Capsule. Raditz set her down next to him, and then grasped her hand tightly almost dragging her behind him. Stellari struggled to keep up with his long legged stride. Past the two security panels they went, then entered Capsule's showroom. Inside the mansion they were greeted by one of the guards.
 
"I need to see the Vice President," said Stellari.
 
"She's in with her family," said the security guard.
 
"Where is the Prince?" asked Raditz.
 
"Training in the gravity room, Mr. Son," said the other guard.
 
"I'll see the Prince, you see to the President," said Raditz. He kissed her cheek and then rushed out to where the GR training center stood.
 
Stellari made her way into the compound, where Bulma's private house quarters were. She lived there with her parent still, but she could hear the crying of baby Trunks and the fussing of Mrs. Briefs as she wandered through the house in search of her friend. The secretary passed her on the way in, shaking his head, "Dr. Stellari, what are you doing here?"
 
"Is Miss Briefs here?"
 
"She sent me out because Mr. Yamcha visited, but…"
 
"Where's he now?"
 
"He left. I'm on my way to see her now… she wanted me to come back in an hour, but it sounds like all hell's broken loose," the secretary said. Stellari rushed with him to the veranda where Bulma was pacing back and forth with Trunks howling in her arms.
 
"Stupid pain in the ass," Bulma grumbled.
 
"Dear, let me take him!" said Mrs. Briefs.
 
"Bulma, what's going on?" Stellari asked. "Raditz said I should see you… was Yamcha really here?"
 
"Stellari? What are you…?”
 
"Yamcha was here? It's my fault," Stellari said, rushing over to where Bulma flopped down into a chair. Baby Trunks howled as Mrs. Briefs tried to calm him. Finally she strode out with him in her arms towards the nursery to check for a dirty diaper.
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
"Miss Briefs?"
 
"Take off for the day, tell my Dad I'm not in the mood," Bulma told him. The secretary nodded, leaving them alone. Stellari sat near her friend, who had her head in her hands.
 
"What did he say? Damn I shouldn't have put him up to this," grumbled Stellari.
 
"What the hell are you talking about?" Bulma glared at her, wiping away tears.
 
"I put him up to this the other day. I didn't think he'd go this far…" said Stellari. "It's my fault."
 
"No it isn't, don't be stupid," Bulma sighed, blowing her nose from a tissue the scientist handed her. "I suppose this was going to happen sooner or later."
 
"Raditz was worried that the Prince should know about this," said Stellari.
 
"That's the LAST thing I need!" Bulma swallowed.
 
"No, the Prince needs to know this. He can't get away with making you cry like this. What did he say?"
 
Shakily Bulma told her friend. Stellari's eyes darkened and she leaned over to slide her arm around Bulma's shoulder. Bulma let her friend give her a reassuring hug. Pulling away she said, "Thanks I needed that. But I don't need Vegeta going to attack him!"
 
"I didn't say THAT was going to happen," said Stellari.
 
"You know he's going to insist on it!" said Bulma, standing up from her chair. Stellari rose too, worried at the dark look in Bulma's eyes. She rushed out the back veranda towards the GR complex, followed by Stellari.
 
"Wait a minute!" Stellari said, rushing after her. They were only halfway there before they heard someone cursing loudly in Saiyan.
 
"Vegeta, wait a minute!" Bulma shouted, breaking into a run. She reached the open door to the GR where Raditz stood opposite a furious Vegeta. Nappa had just arrived, along with Mirai Trunks.
 
"Father, calm down, tell us what happened!" Trunks said.
 
"Damn that weakling. How DARE he come here and show such gall!" said Vegeta angrily, glaring up at Raditz.
 
"I'm sorry sire, I just thought you should know," said Raditz.
 
"Vegeta, don't you dare go off half cocked!" Bulma shouted, finally reaching his side.
 
"What are you doing here woman? Why did you let that lowlife in here?"
 
"I thought he was just coming for an innocent lunch. He may have said some nasty things but that's no reason to…" Bulma panted.
 
"It's EVERY reason to, Bulma. He cannot insult the honor of a Saiyan warrior's mate. Even that of a Third Class and live," said Vegeta furiously. "I will deal with this."
 
"No you can't! It won't serve any purpose!" said Bulma adamantly. "Kami knows he deserves it but it won't help! Goku might flip out!"
 
"Sire, it's for us to handle this," Nappa interrupted. "Your priority must be on training for the Androids."
 
"Did I ASK for your input!" Vegeta snarled at him.
 
"Sire, begging your pardon, why sully your hands on an underling when I can address this?" Nappa asked.
 
"Don't do it, Vegeta, please!" Bulma said.
 
"Stay out of this. Trunks, take your mother back to the residence. This is not for her to concern herself with!"
 
"Father, I'm just as pissed as you are, but this doesn't mean killing Yamcha's the answer. That will only make everyone ELSE angry. Do you want them destroying your chance to fight the androids?" asked Trunks.
 
"This insult cannot go unpunished," said Vegeta angrily.
 
"Sire, let me go," said Nappa.
 
"That won't be a good idea. I'll go myself," Said Trunks. "It's already tense between us. Please Father."
 
"Very well, you will go on my behalf, Trunks," said Vegeta with an angry snort. "Raditz, you will go with him to answer for what slander he lay upon your mate."
 
"Yes Sire," nodded Raditz. "Woman, you had best return home. Perhaps you should call Kakkarot to take you back with his teleportation."
 
"I don't like this, but I'll do what you say," Stellari said, knowing he had to keep face before his Prince. Raditz leaned down to nip her ear and Vegeta motioned for Bulma to leave him alone.
 
"Nappa, make sure Raditz Mate gets home safe. I'll remain here, but keep your scouter frequency open, Raditz," said Vegeta. He moved over and grasped Bulma's arm in a firm grip. He marched her back towards the house before she could voice another protest.
 
"I'll get Bliss to take you home, Ma'am," Nappa said, reaching down and grasping Stellari's wrist. She glanced to Raditz, who nodded under protest. Slowly she followed the elite warrior back towards the house. Soon Stellari was being flown back in the arms of her friend Bliss.
 
"This is insane," she muttered.
 
"It is his right to address the slander," said Bliss as she rocketed away towards Goku's home.
 
"I don't like this at all. Sure he's asking for it, but this will only add gasoline to the fire," said Stellari angrily. Before long Bliss touched down with her in Goku's back yard. Stellari watched her friend take off, still wearing her Saiyan armor.
 
"Hi mom!" called Fermi as he rocketed overhead.
 
"You okay? You look upset," Bohr said, zipping into view near her. Stellari leaned down and hugged her son, and Fermi landed nearby to hug her waist.
 
"Just a hard day at work. Dad won't be home for a while yet," said Stellari.
 
"C'mon Aunt Chichi's making dinner, and the twins are waking up," Fermi said. She walked into the Son home, escorted by her two sons. Halfway through the living room she heard the sounds of Chichi's pots and pans rattling on the stove.
 
She immediately headed to the improvised nursery, which was the spare room where she slept with Raditz in a reasonably new bed. Ever since things had gotten tenser, Vegeta insisted she live at the Son residence where her children would be most protected. Bohr helped her while Fermi rushed off to assist Chichi in whatever duty she required. Lowering herself into the rocking chair she took either baby on her lap trying to quiet them.
 
Bohr and she took turns, he with a bottle, she with breastfeeding. Sharp nips accompanied her feeding as she felt hungry. Fermi trotted in with a plate of sandwiches for her to eat as she nursed. To give enough energy for making milk for two Saiyans she was eating like a horse herself. It seemed her ki had also skyrocketed as well.
 
"Aunt Chichi sent some extra formula too," said Fermi, taking Radzia and sitting on the floor with a bottle of formula while Bohr handed Planck up to his mother.
 
"Where's Daddy?" asked Bohr.
 
"He's gone to pay someone a visit. Someone said some nasty things to Miss Bulma, and he's going with Trunks to challenge him," said Stellari.
 
"Ooh is he gonna beat someone up?" asked Fermi.
 
"No, I hope not. But he's going to make sure that person leaves Bulma alone," said Stellari evasively. Although she could hide the situation her son's psychic powers would clue them in somehow. Better she explain it then leave them to misinterpret their impressions.
 
Stellari rocked slowly back and forth, her twin sons helping her care for the two newest half-saiyan youngsters. Her eyes fell on the wedding photo by her bedside, taken months ago when she and Raditz had a religious ceremony in a church to marry under Earth customs.
 
***
Raditz had cursed as Goku helped him on with the white tuxedo. In the meantime Goku's own tuxedo was spotless and crisply ironed. Gohan was deftly knotting a bow tie with the dexterity of a precocious eight or nine year old. Fermi and Bohr were tugging at their shirt collars that were suddenly too tight.
 
"Now don't mess up your outfits guys, or else Mom's gonna get mad," said Gohan, glancing at them.
 
"This whole thing is stupid," Piccolo grunted, leaning against the far wall.
 
"Just because YOU can generate any clothes, green man," Raditz glared at him.
 
"Hey, some of us have it, others don't. So just shut up and let's get this over with," Piccolo glared at him from under his turban. The long white cape hung over a black tuxedo complete with green silk tie and cummerbund. Piccolo's concession to Chichi's wedding plans had yielded such a compromise. He could still wear his cape and turban, but he had to wear a tuxedo. Raditz and Goku wore ones that were spotless white, and Chichi had labored to help stitch one together despite Raditz protests that he could have one made.
 
"There you go!" Goku said, brushing off his brother's lapels. "Perfect."
 
"How is it you can knot a tie but you can't pass a driver's test, Brother?" asked Raditz, shaking his head.
 
"I've wondered that myself, Saiyan," Piccolo grunted, rolling his eyes. Gohan chuckled and helped the twins with their black suits that resembled his.
 
"Why you got this grease in your hair?" Fermi snorted, pointing to Gohan's slicked hairstyle.
 
"Moms," Gohan shrugged, and the three laughed.
 
In another part of the building, Stellari struggled to remain still as Chichi fussed with a mouthful of pins and a needle and thread. The wedding gown hung to her feet, and the long skirt belled out just under the bosom and trailed the floor. Nearby Lunch grabbed a sandwich and popped it into Stellari's mouth.
 
"Guys I'm fine…" Stellari grumbled.
 
"Nonsense! You've got a loose end. Honestly you should have let me make this dress!" Chichi tisked.
 
"Here, you can't go without food in your stomach," the demure Launch cooed, fluffing her blue hair out. She flitted about, helping weave a few last flowers into Stellari's dark hair. It was knotted in an elaborate bun under the tiara that Chichi slipped on Stellari's head.
 
"Stay still. This looks adorable, doesn't it Launch?" said Chichi.
 
A knock came at the door, and Launch answered it. Bulma poked her head in, and smiled as she clicked a few photos. "How's the bride's nerves?"
 
"Not too great, thanks to you. Honestly…" grumbled Stellari as Chichi pushed her into a chair so she could finish the work of adjusting the veil.
 
"Oh you look fine!" Bulma giggled, entering the room that served as the dressing area. They were all at Chichi's home, gathered around a mirror with their own gowns in various colors. Bulma's sundress came to her ankles, while Launch's bridesmaid dress was a lovely green, and her hair was tied back by that ever-present bow. Chichi's own Chinese dress was a shade of crimson, while her hair was elaborately coifed.
 
"Don't get nervous," Bliss said, entering after Bulma. "You look great!"
 
"I hope so. I'm afraid I'll have to pee if I drink any more water," Stellari panted, feeling giddy.
 
"Do we have something borrowed?"
 
"My wedding veil from my dress," Chichi laughed, pulling back.
 
"And here's the garter," said Launch as she demurely handed it to Chichi.
 
"Such stupid customs," Chichi shook her head.
 
"Something old and something new, and something blue," Bulma said, tapping her chin.
 
"These flowers are pretty new," Lunch said, arraigning the bouquet that sat nearby.
 
"And this is rather old," said Stellari, pointing to the pin she had fastened on just beneath her chin. Although the dress was low cut, a lace panel covered what would be bare skin before merging with the high lace collar with ruffles. She slipped her feet into the white satin shoes, holding each foot out.
 
"And the blue?" Bulma asked. "Oh wait, I've got the perfect thing… my mother's sapphire bracelet."
 
"It's enough as it is," Stellari murmured.
 
"It can be borrowed and blue," Bulma teased, sliding it on Stellari's wrist. "Now let's get a picture."
 
"You're picture happy," Chichi snorted. "There will be plenty of time for photos later after the reception!"
 
"Just remember who's getting married," Stellari grumbled. She had let Chichi help plan the wedding, while Bliss had contacted possible guests. Just a few people she considered close family and friends. Bulma and Vegeta were there with Trunks because it was a Saiyan affair. As were Launch and Nappa.
 
Finally came the time they bustled Stellari out of the front door towards the limousine that would take them to the chapel in West City. Bulma's limo was another 'borrowed' thing. Launch motioned to Bliss, who climbed in next to her friend with Bulma. Chichi grabbed her handbag of many things and entered last, still fussing over everyone's bouquets.
 
Everyone arrived at the large Romanesque style church, hurrying into the vast space where white flowers were strewn here and there. The handful of attendees filed in and soon waited for the ceremony to start.