Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Child O' Mine ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
SWEET CHILD O' MINE
Disclaimer: I don't own anybody in this fic, nor do I own the song. It belongs to Guns 'N Roses.

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that
special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry
Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine
Most of my childhood was pretty bleak, but when I look at her, watch her playing without a care in the world and a smile on her face, it reminds of the few good things from that time. She's such a lovely child that it's hard for me to imagine that I could have had anything to do with her.
She's got eyes of the bluest skies
As if they thought of rain
I hate to look into those eyes
And see an ounce of pain
I watch as she dashes through the yard, running about and giggling. She hits an uneven patch of ground takes a tumble, badly scraping a knee. She gets up into a sitting position and stares at me, obviously trying to hold back tears of pain.
I stare back for a few minutes, unsure of what to do. I don't do well with children. Finally I walk over to her and kneel on the grass beside her, scooping her up into my arms.
Her hair reminds me
of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by
Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine
She presses her face against my chest as I pet her hair. It's blue, like her mother's. And like the room I once found on Frieza's ship. No one went in there but me. It's where I went to be alone and think.
She pulls back a little and looks at me, wonder and confusion in her eyes. I realize suddenly that this is the first time in her two years of life that I've ever really shown that I care. She smiles brightly after a few seconds and hugs me.
I've never been good at showing affection, but I think I will give it more of a try for her sake. I don't want her to grow up thinking I don't care. That's the farthest thing from the truth, I think as I hug her in return. I care greatly for this sweet child of mine. I just have to learn to show it.
Where do we go
Where do we go now
Where do we go
Sweet child o' mine