Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Teal Eyes ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

mystic_writer: I hope you guys like the *REVISED* version of Teal Eyes Chapters 1-4!

~*~

Chapter 3

By mystic_writer

mystic_writer@hotmail.com

~*~

Gohan hurried down Hall A of OSH and rounded the corner. His first week of school had been pretty uneventful, except that he had been late almost every single day. Can you really help it when you live five hundred miles from school?

"I'mgonnabelate!" he cried, darting past slouching students and any slowpokes that got in his way. He stopped when he felt someone or something plow into his chest.

"Ouch! What the hell?!" the victim screeched.

Gohan glanced down at the cussing girl as she glared up at him. He gave a crooked smile when he realized it was Videl. He extended his hand to her and laughed nervously.

"S-Sorry! I didn't see you!"

Videl slapped his hand away and stood up, a ferocious look on her face.

"Well maybe you need glasses, geek!" she growled as she stomped to the nearest classroom, her hands clutched tightly at her sides.

Gohan blinked. `Hey... I thought she was nice!' The bell rang, sending the saya-jin into frenzy. He ran to his first period class, which was just across the hall. His homeroom teacher eyed him as he walked past and up the stairs to his desk. This teacher was a man in his fifties, with a stern face and a strict way of teaching.

"We're glad you're not late again, Mr. Son," he stated sarcastically.

"Um... yeah…" Gohan sat down at his desk and hoped Erasa didn't notice him. After a few moments of silence, he realized she was talking to someone else. He glanced over at her, and his eyes widened. Beside her, sat Videl. Gohan 'eeped' and hid his face in his science book as she spotted him and glared. 'Well, she does seem better... I'm glad.'

Erasa finally stopped rambling and, much to Gohan's dismay, she noticed him sitting beside her.

"Hey Gohan! This is the girl I was telling you about-my best friend, Videl! We've known each other for a long time!"

Gohan slowly put the book on the desk and gave a nervous smile, a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Er... yes... We've already ...met."

Erasa turned back to Videl and whispered, "See, I told you he was adorable!"

Videl cocked her head to one side as she studied the blushing boy. "Him? Adorable? I've seen monkeys cuter than him!"

"Hey! Don't judge a person when you first meet them!" Erasa harshly whispered back. "He's really nice, sweet, and is very shy! Just get to know the guy! He doesn't have any friends... except for me that is!"

"Yeah...whatever." Videl glanced down at his clothes. 'His clothes look familiar... I've seen him somewhere but I can't remember...' The color teal flashed in her mind. 'Those eyes...' A faint blush crept on her cheeks. 'Now I remember! That guy with the golden hair wore the same clothes...'

Gohan noticed she had been staring at him for a long time, and he glanced at her, his cheeks turning red.

"What?" he croaked.

Videl glared at him. "You look familiar!"

The demi saya-jin laughed uneasily. "Well, we did just run into each other in the hall, heh heh…" he said, trying to sound convincing, but his cracking voice told otherwise. Videl just made a mean face and turned back to her work.

"Geek,"

Gohan sighed as he watched her scribble notes down in her notebook. 'Man! I thought I'd met a nice girl but wow, is she ever pushy! She reminds me of my moth-' The loud cracking of a meter stick slamming onto a desk woke up the teen and he nearly jumped out of his seat.

"Mr. Son! This is the third time this week I've caught you zoning out in my classroom! I'd like to know just what you've been thinking about-tell me please, because it sure sounds more interesting that my lesson!"

"Er, I, er...um..." the saya-jin stuttered. It would be a long day.

~*~

Gohan plopped down on an empty picnic table, and began to eat his lunch. He hoped, no, prayed that no one would bother him. But Dende must have been watching Piccolo train today because Erasa of all people strolled up and sat down across from him.

"Hi Gohan! I didn't know you like Videl!" she chirped.

Gohan almost choked on his sub sandwich. "WHAT or WHO gave you that idea?" he cried when the food had passed from his throat.

Erasa laughed. "A little birdie told me in second period!" She began to munch on her onion rings when she spotted Videl walking across the courtyard.

"Hefidel!" She called, not even bothering to swallow her food. Videl sweatdropped when she heard her friend's call. She looked annoyed when she saw Gohan, but came over to them anyway. She plopped down beside Erasa and realized that Gohan was staring at her.

"What are you looking at?" she asked, her blue eyes narrowing.

Gohan blushed. "Er… you?"

"Well stop it! You're freaking me out!" The daughter of the World Champion opened her backpack and began looking for her lunch.

Erasa sighed. `Gohan is so nice,' she thought. `Why does Videl hate him when she's only known him for three and a half hours?'

Videl yelped suddenly when she felt a hand curl around her waist…

"HEY!"

WHAM! The blonde guy from earlier was knocked to the ground. He jumped up and, of course, was holding the red handprint on his face.

"WHAT DID I DO?!"

"I told you, I'm NOT interested, pencil-head!" Videl huffed.

"Hey, Sharpener, I'm free Friday night!" Erasa said, giggling.

Sharpener slinked around to her. "Hey, really?"

"…Heh, NO. I was kidding."

Gohan sighed as he watched his friends blabber... However, his eyes soon veered to the lovely girl sitting across from him. She'd found her lunch and was delicately munching on her sandwich. The angry look gone from her face, she appeared to be in deep thought. Her navy eyes slowly wondered up to his.

"WHAT?" she said.

Gohan blinked. "Huh? What?"

Videl glared. "What's with you? Why do you keep staring at me? Is there something wrong with my face?"

Gohan looked down at his sandwich. "Um, no. Actually, it's very nice-um, your face."

Videl raised her eyebrows. "What?"

Gohan bravely gazed up at her. "It's your eyes… T-They're very pretty. That's all… I-I'm sorry if I offended you."

Videl looked very surprised. "R-Really? Um, thank you." She smiled a bit. "I'm sorry if I offended you." she said. "I didn't mean to bite earlier… I just don't feel well." She took a bite of her sandwich. "…It's just things at home."

Gohan nodded. "I know how you feel."

"You just think you do," Videl said softly, "No one knows how I feel." Her eyes drooped in sadness, but she managed a smile. "You said you're a martial artist?"

"Er... yeah!" her friend said, "Um, I mean I have some friends who are into it more than I am!" He laughed a little, although thinking that he had to speak and think carefully. "My father competed in a few of the World Martial Arts Tournaments when he was younger... and one of his friends taught me martial arts when I was 5... From there on my dad trained me... until he died..." he said desolately.

"Gohan?" The lovely girl's voice became soft. "I know what it's like to lose a parent. My mother died when I was only 4 years old. She loved martial arts. She was a blackbelt and she met my father at a tournament. They got married and then I came along. I thought I had the perfect life... Then mom got sick. Very sick. She was diagnosed with some sort of cancer. I remember the day dad came in my room and said mom would never come home again."

A lone tear ran down Videl's pale face as she gazed up at the shocked teenager before her. "And what's worse… there's this woman that…" she trailed off, unsure of her words. "Never mind. Look, I'm sorry I was mean to you Gohan. I didn't know you had a hard life like I did." The bell rang and students scrambled to get to fourth period. "I-I guess I'll see you in fifth?" she asked shakily, packing her backpack and then placing the straps on her shoulders. She smiled despite her feelings inside.

Gohan nodded, the shocked look still on his face. "Sure... Oh, wait!" He took out a notepad and scribbled something down on it. He tore off the paper and handed it to Videl. "Here…It's my phone number… in case you need someone to talk to."

Videl nodded, turning away and making her way to the large yellow building.

`Man… I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover...'Gohan thought, gathering his things. He glanced over at Sharpener and Erasa, who were in a heated argument. He walked away, shaking his head.

~*~

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Fifth period came and went like usual. Everyone went his or her separate ways.

Gohan flew home and was met by Goten on Nimbus about a mile from their house. The brothers joined their mother at dinner and soon all that was left were piles of empty dishes.

Chichi sighed at the messy table before her, but managed a smile. Her boys were worth it.

Goten wondered outside to play with Chobi while Gohan, of course, headed up to their shared room to do his load of homework. It wasn't long before Chichi came in holding the Sons' only phone in her hand.

"Gohan, there's some girl on the phone!" she teased as she handed it to her son, who blushed.

"T-Thanks mom." He made sure she left, hearing her go do the steps, before putting the receiver to his ear. "Hello?" There was silence for a moment, as the other person hesitated.

"G-Gohan? It's me...Videl." she said shyly. "I-I'm sorry to bother you but... I know I just met you and all, but do you think you could help me with my homework sometime? There are rumors that you're quite smart, and I figured since my grades have been dropping… that maybe you could tutor me?"

"Of course! I don't mind." Gohan replied. `Yes! I'll get to spend some time with her! She's not all that bad…'

"Thanks Gohan..." Videl responded. "I guess I'll come over tomorrow after softball practice... Is that okay?"

Gohan seemed taken aback. "Y-You want to study at my house?"

He heard her sigh. "Well, my dad has a friend that lives here and she can get kind of… irritating from time to time."

Gohan thought for a moment. "No offense Videl, but I live quite a long way from the city…"

"Oh really? How far?" she asked with much curiosity.

Gohan gulped. "Uh, 500 miles…"

"500 MILES? Gohan, how do you get to school everyday?!" Videl cried over the other line.

"Um... listen it's kinda late so I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school-bye!" Gohan hit the off button and sighed. Just what in the world was he getting himself into?

~*~