Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 34

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 34:
 
Minako flew through the air, over the roads and houses. A few people looked up and saw her but when they looked again she was already gone. The girl had only one place she could go besides home and that was to Trunks's house. She flew onto the first step and rang the doorbell… no answer. Just to make sure Minako flew up to the next window… kitchen and no one. Next window… living room and still no one. After looking through two more she got to the window of Trunks's room. Luckily it was open and the girl peeked in. Wow… his room and TWICE as big as mine, at the least. All of a sudden a door opened and Trunks came out… in a towel around his waist.
 
“Minako!?”
 
“Trunks!” She jumped up from the fright and hit her head on the top of the window ledge, “OW! OUCH! I'm sorry! I didn't know you were taking a bath. It just I wanted to talk TO you and no one answered the door and, and… I'm sorry Trunks!”
 
Trunks laughed quietly while a bit embarrassed, “Yeah, um I'll be right back; you can sit down if you want. I think you'll freak out the neighbors if they see someone floating outside a third floor window.”
 
Trunks went back into the bathroom that was attached to his room after grabbing some pants and boxers, and Minako flew inside. She looked around; a TV, a smaller TV (which was really a computer but Minako didn't know), a huge bed, a big desk, a sofa, a chair on wheels, blue carpet on the floor, light blue walls, white ceiling, a ceiling fan with lights, and three game systems with A LOT of video games.
 
“Wow” Minako said looking around as Trunks got out of the bathroom again, wearing no shirt and drying his long violet hair with a small towel.
 
“I'm guessing you like my room?”
 
Minako nodding, with her eyes still big with amazement, “In my room I only have a desk, bed, rug, and a closet. And you have pretty much everything in my entire house!”
 
Trunks laughing, “Yeah, but it gets boring in here. I usually come in here to basically sleep, take a shower, or play video games.”
 
“I would LOVE to live in here,” Minako flopped down on Trunks's bed without realizing and she quickly got up, “Oh sorry.”
 
“No problem, sorry that it's such a mess, I didn't know you were gonna come over.”
 
Minako smiled, “No I'm sorry for coming here without telling you.”
 
Trunks pressed a button and opened to a walk-in closet a little bigger than Minako's. He put on a white shirt that hung on a hanger and sat down in his computer chair, “Well don't just stand there sit down and tell me what happened.”
 
“What? Nothing happened”
 
“That's b s. Something had to happen if you came here for no reason.”
 
“'B s'?”
 
“Oh it's nothing, don't change the subject.”
 
“Well I got into an argument with my mom. And before I knew it I was so mad I ran out of the house.”
 
Trunks scoffed, “Don't worry about it Minako. You can hang here until your mom cools down; trust me the best thing now is to just leave her alone.”
 
“This happened to you before?”
 
Trunks leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head, “You have no idea. Me and my dad get so pissed at each other we end up wrecking half the house and then taking off somewhere. I usually come back in an hour or two, but he comes back the next day or a couple of days later. It's like a routine now, once or twice a week.”
 
“Wow, sorry to hear that Trunks.”
 
“So… we got a while here, what do you wanna do?”
 
“I dunno…”
 
“Hey! I got an idea! My mom installed this AWESOME new game that a group of her workers made and installed into the GR for me to test drive. It's a virtual reality fighting game. You stand in the room and holograms appear around you. The main idea of the game is to beat as much people as you can to advance to the next level. You can play with up to 8 people in multiplayer mode and…” Trunks could see that Minako had no idea what he was talking about considering she never played a video game before, “Well… when you see it you'll get the hang of it.”
 
 
 
The kids went outside to the back yard and into the GR. Trunks typed in the code and the door opened with a big “whoosh” sound. Minako walked in first, and Trunks followed. The girl watched him walk over to the big desk on the other side of the room and look through the cabinets.
 
“Ah ha!” Trunks said holding a CD case in his hand, “I finally found it.” Trunks took the CD out of the case and pressed a button on the huge computer screen. A small plastic platform popped out from the side of the screen and the boy closed it after putting the disc in. He walked over to his friend who was standing the middle of the room confused, “Okay Minako, now get ready.”
 
“For what—“she got cut off. A whirring sound occurred in the room, and then the light turned red and filled the entire room with the dark color.
 
“LEVEL ONE” said a metronomic-type voice through the speakers surrounding the entire room.
 
Minako was just about to ask a question, but before the can get out a single word, three men with weapons appeared in front of them. The first one held a two by four plank of wood with a nail going through the top. The second one held a rusty pipe, a little bigger than a foot long. Lastly, the third one held a half broken bottle by the neck of it with the broken side faced to the kids. They looked like gang members looking for trouble, and the graphics were simply amazing. Every detail of the facial features and clothing were right in tact. No glitches, whatsoever, and you can hear the difference in the voices as they snickered.
 
Trunks looked at Minako with a smirk, “Pretty sweet huh?”
 
“Yeah! Are these real people?”
 
“FIGHT!” said the same voice as from before.
 
The three virtual men lunged at the two kids with their weapons. Minako didn't think, mere illusions would hurt, but boy was she wrong. The pain of the nail was pretty bad, but not as much as to hurt her badly. Minako saw on the large computer screen were Health Points. Minako's name was on there and said 95/100, Trunks was 100/100, and the 3 bad guys had 20/20. This seemed easy, they only did five points damage with each hit and Minako was a saiyen. With one hit in the face the punk with the plank fell on the floor and disappeared. She checked the board and saw the enemy's health went to zero. The girl eagerly turned around to find more enemies to fight but saw that Trunks already took care of them.
 
“That was pretty easy, huh Minako?”
 
“That was so cool! I never knew that playing video games are so fun!”
 
“Especially when you get to interact with the program,” added Trunks, “But that was too easy. How about we raise it to level 5?”
 
“I'm up for it if you are!”
 
Trunks typed something on the computer and then they heard, “LEVEL FIVE”
 
This time about ten people appeared in front of them. This time they all looked like ninjas. Minako turned to Trunks, “How come before they looked like gang members and know they're ninjas? And why is there more this time?”
 
“Well you see Minako—“
 
“FIGHT!”
 
The ninja attacked them from different directions, but before they knew it they were both surrounded.
 
“As the level increases, the number of enemies increases as well.” Trunks continued from his previous sentence. Minako and him started fighting off the ninjas, “Also the enemies become stronger,” Trunks punched a ninja away before he was attacked, “Level one, the enemies were just common street thugs and had only 20 health points. Now the enemies are more advanced, each has 50 health points, better weapons; you get the idea right?”
 
Minako kicked one of the ninjas in the stomach to get him away, “Yeah, okay, yeah I got you Trunks.”
 
The two continued to fight then when there were only 3 left Trunks does a fly kick at one of them but ends up crashing into the wall because someone had paused the game. Minako looked at the screen that had said, IINCOMING MESSGAE, “Uh Trunks…”
 
Bulma's face appeared on the screen, “Trunks! How long are you going to stay in there—“she stopped when she saw Minako, “Minako!” A huge smile appeared on Bulma's face, “How are you, sweetheart?”
 
“I'm good. What about you Bulma?”
 
“MOM!” Trunks interrupted, “We were in the middle of a game! Your transmission made the game stop!”
 
Bulma glared at Trunks, “Well excuse me for worrying about my one and only son!” Her face became happy again and she looks at his friend, “Minako would you like anything to eat? Or how about I get you something to drink?”
 
“No, Mother, Minako doesn't want anything!”
 
“I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU! Now, Minako, do you want anything?”
 
Minako felt a bit intimidated by this whole conversation so she just said, “No, I'm fine, but thank you though.”
 
Bulma smiled, “Okay, you kids have fun!”
 
Trunks groaned and sat on the floor, “Now I gotta reboot the game.”
 
“Your mom's really nice, Trunks.” Minako sat down next to Trunks.
 
“Yeah, to girls,” Trunks rolled his eyes.
 
Minako giggled and said, “Oh well, it was a fun game, but I think I'm ready for a break… unless you want to keep playing.”
 
“Nah,” Trunks got up, “I'm good, wanna go inside? I'll teach you the art of Halo if you wanna learn.”
 
Minako was confused, “…Halo…?”
 
Trunks laughed, “Never mind, you'll get the hang of it.”
 
Then all of a sudden the door whooshed open and someone came in. It was Vegeta, with Goku right behind him.
 
 
END OF CHAPTER 34