Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Black Goddess ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
A/N: I'm sorry I haven't posted a story in such a long time. I've been so busy lately. And I keep getting a new idea for a fanfic that I sometimes don't even finish writing it before I start another idea. But I like this idea a lot and I think I'm going to stick with it. I kinda got this idea off of D.N. Angel, for those D.N. Angel fans if you read the summary you'll know what I mean and for those that aren't just read the bottom to find out (READ THE FIRST BULLET). But that is the only idea I take from D.N. Angel and the rest is totally fan based. I also want to say that Saiyans do exist and everyone who is Saiyan has their Saiyan blood, like Gohan is still half Saiyan along with Goten and Trunks. And I just want to say one more thing and here it is: IF YOU DON'T LIKE T/P FANFICS OR MARRON BASHING THEN DON'T READ THIS STORY!!! Thank you and enjoy!!!!
 
Summary: Pan Son if your average sixteen-year-old teenager dealing with a normal high school life that many girls go through. Boys, other girls, tests, friendship, family, are all just part of what is in her life now. But what happens if you throw in another personality that she never knew she had and new evil beings that come along with this personality as well. If that isn't enough for Pan to worry, than she has even gotten to the beginning yet! Follow Pan as she discovers a lot more about herself, friends, family, and maybe even love.
 
“”= Normal speaking (a.k.a-people like Pan, Gohan, Trunk, etc.)
 
`'= Normal thoughts (a.k.a-people like Pan, Gohan, Trunks, etc.)
 
“”= Kira speaking
 
`'= Kira thoughts
 
^~~^= Pan changing into Kira, or other way around (This also means that the POV has switched over into whoever is changing into the other, like if Pan was changing into Kira than the POV would switch over to Kira's.)
 
Some of these chapters do change POV. But unless it says whose POV it is next to the chapter title then it is in Pan's POV.
 
Ages (And I'm only posting this once, so pay attention. Two of these characters are made up but they are an important part of the story so I had to put them in here, but one character won't come until later on in the story):
 
Pan-16
 
Bra-16
 
Marron-16
 
Zan-16
 
Goten-20
 
Trunks-21
 
Kegan-500+
 
The Black Goddess
 
Chapter 1: Welcome to My Life
 
“BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!”
 
`By God, that gets annoying fast,' I thought as I reached a hand out from under the covers and stopped the annoying beeping of my alarm clock. I lifted myself up onto my hands and knees but before I could move another inch, I fell face first in my pillow. `Note to self, don't stay up until midnight to finish homework. Just take the punishment.'
 
And with a groan as I managed to get myself out of bed and in a standing position in front of my bed. I stretched my arms as I looked around for some clothes to wear. Finally deciding on a black t-shirt and baggy darkish green pants, I went into my bathroom and took a quick shower. Clean and now dressed, I started to put on my shoes when my cell phone rang.
 
“Hello,” I said in the cherish voice I could muster for that morning.
 
“And good morning to you too, Sunshine,” I heard Zan say from the other end. I rolled my eyes as I finished tying my sneakers. “You're still at home aren't you.”
 
“How do your mind reading powers work from you are all the way to house?” I asked her sarcastically.
 
“Look, I'm about way to school already, so please just get over here. I'm bored out of my mind right now.”
 
“I'm on my way, Z,” I said as I stood up and walked out of my bedroom. Before I reached the bottom of the stairs I had hung up my cell phone. “Bye Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa,” I said as I put on my jacket. From where I stood I saw Uncle Goten lean back in his chair so I could see face from the kitchen. He gave me a look that said, “So I'm not good enough for you to say good bye?” “And bye Uncle Goten,” said as I opened the front door.
 
“Bye Pan,” I heard my whole family say before I walked out of the door. I ran I hand through my short boy cut black hair as I looked at my watch.
 
`If I ran I can make it just before the first bell rings and still have enough time to take my time at my locker,' I thought I as I took off at a run. Flying might have been quicker but spotting Zan's ki wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Since Zan is a normal human, she doesn't know how to control her ki level. But sometimes I wish she did know.
 
“Excuse me, young lady,” I heard a voice say behind me. I stopped running and turned around to see who was talking to me. A man, that looked to be around the same age as Dad, sat on a black blanket, that also had two racks and two boxes on it, with his back against a stone wall that was on the cherry tree lined road I was running down. His hair looked just like Dad's as well, he had spikes with a small clump of hair hang down to serve as a bang*1. He wore black sunglasses with a red rim. He also wore a black muscle shirt that showed off his arm and stomach muscle perfectly and dark blue jeans. On his left ear he had the bottom pierced with a small gold hoop, he had another one on the bottom of his right ear as well, and the upper part of his ear was also pierced but with a larger hoop with a bright yellow jewel in the shape of a tear drop hanging from the end. “But could you at least give me your opinion on jewelry.”
 
“Uh, I might not be the right person for this,” I said as I walked over to stand in front of him. “I'm not much of a shopper.” `What am I talking about. I hate shopping! Bra's the only one of my friends that likes shopping.'
 
“I just want to know what you think about some of them,” the man said waving his hands in front of him defensively. “You can even buy one if you like it.”
 
“So, you're a traveling jewelry sales man?” I asked him as I looked at one rack of jewelry.
 
“Yes, sadly. I want to open my own store but I don't have the money right now,” he said as he scratched the bridge of his nose. “I'm also trying to get some more money to get my mother an operation that she is in need of.”
 
“What does she have?” I asked as I moved my eyes to the second rack.
 
“She has some heart problems and several times already she has had attacks that have almost killed her.”
 
`A lot of this stuff looks really expensive,' I thought as my eyes scanned the rows. Then my eyes landed on a necklace. It had a black leather cord and in the middle were three dark purple diamonds looking jewels that looked like they were making a fan*2.
 
“Oh, I see you have an interest in something,” the man said as he took the necklace off of the rack. “This is one I made myself.”
 
“It's beautiful,” I said smiling at him.
 
“You want it?”
 
“What?! You mean I you'll sell it to me?! I mean, it looks expensive, even for something so simple, and you might want someone in your family to have since you made it.”
 
“Oh no, I'll be glad to sell it to you. Anyways my mother is the woman I know in my family who is still alive and she already as a lot of jewelry I made.”
 
“How much is it?” I asked eagerly as I pulled out my wallet.
 
“Normally it would be 80 dollars,” he said as he put up a finger. I nodded seeing how that was fair price. Bra would usually drag Zan and me to the mall. We always went into a jewelry store and so I mean all kinds of jewels, especially since I would talk to the sells person since I had nothing better to do. And just by looking at the jewels he used I could tell they didn't come cheap. “But since you have been my first customer in a long time and you were nice enough to put off whatever you were doing, I'll lower the price to 10 dollars.”
 
“10 DOLLARS!” I pretty much yelled. “But…but…but…” I didn't know what to say. If anyone was being nice it was him. He cut the price for me and the amount he wanted wasn't even half of the original price.
 
He just nodded and smiled up at me. I looked through my wallet and took out four tens. “Here I think this is more fair,” I said as I handed him the 40 dollars. He looked at the money then up at me when I went on. “And please keep the change.”
 
“You are too kind,” he said as his smile grew as he handed me the necklace.
 
I smiled back at him before I ran off. I turned as I ran to see him waving at me. I waved back and continued to run towards school.
 
“YOU DID WHAT!!” Zan yelled as we waited for first period to start. I had just barely made it to my locker and into class before the first bell rang.
 
“I bought that necklace from a traveling jewelry seller,” I said as I looked at Zan.
 
“You're almost late to class because you bought some piece of jewelry,” Zan said. Her light blue eyes that had a hint of green in them showed her rage, and I had to say it scared me.
 
“Calm down Zan,” Bra said as she inspected the necklace I had bought. “Pan did a good thing.”
 
“A GOOD THING! YOU CALL BUYING JEWELRY AND ALMOST BEING LATE FOR CLASS A GOOD THING!”
 
“Well, she wasn't late to class for one,” Bra said as she looked at Zan and watched as Zan started to pull at her boy cut dirty blonde hair. “And she got a great deal off of it as well.” Bra handed me back my necklace as the teacher entered the room to start class. I clipped it back on and looked at the three jewels.
 
For some reason, I got this very comfortable feeling from looking at them. And I found myself stare at them for the whole class, that is until Zan grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my chair.
 
“Seriously Pan, since when have you been into jewelry?” Zan asked as we made our way to our next period class.
 
“Zan can you please drop it?” I asked with a groan. Zan glared at me as she folded her arms and watched another group of people walk by us.
 
“Yes, lets drop that subject and talk about something else,” Bra said in agreement. “Pan, why don't you sleep over on Friday, you too Zan.”
 
“Why?” Zan asked turning her head to look at Bra, who was walking next to me.
 
“Because either tonight, tomorrow night, or Friday, there is going to be a meteor shower and I thought it would fun to see it together.”
 
“But Bra, if you don't know when it is going to happen then how are we going to watch it together?” I asked her with a smile on my face.
 
“Oh, I already have a plan for that as well. I was going to set up a video camera and tape the sky all night just in case. And if it does happen before Friday then we can watch the video together.”
 
“Alright, I'm in,” Zan said with a smirk on her face. “I'll go to your house after school. What about you Pan?”
 
“I should ask my parents first but I think they'll say it's alright for me to go.” Then I noticed a change in Zan. Before Zan had kept eye contact with me but she looked at the ground when I finished. I glanced over at Bra, who also seemed to have noticed the change in Zan. Bra had a worried look on her face and I knew I had the same look.
 
The rest of the day went by pretty slowly. By lunch Zan was back to her old self and I was glad. Seeing one of my friends upset made me upset as well.
 
“Hey Zan, do you have to go to work today?” I asked her as we left.
 
“Yeah, why?” Zan asked as she turned around to look me.
 
“Well, I thought if you didn't have to go you could have dinner at my house. I mean, Grandma Chichi and Mom love having you around. And I think Grandma might be a little worried about you living all by yourself.”
 
“Thanks Pan, but I really to work tonight. Maybe next time.” And with that Zan left Bra and me behind by running down the street.
 
“Poor Zan,” Bra said as she walked up to me and watched as Zan ran down the street. “It must be really hard for her, having her parents leaving her to live aboard.”
 
“Yeah,” was all I could say.
 
“I think,” Bra said casting her eyes to the ground, “that she puts that tough act on just so we don't notice that she is in pain. Then again that thought is only a theory but….”
 
I slipped one of my arms around Bra's shoulders and turned her around. “It's a good theory. But I think we need to give Zan some time. I have a feeling she is still trying to figure out how to tell us that she needs us.” Bra looked at me and nodded as a small smile appeared on her face. With my arm still around her shoulders, Bra and me walked home together, both of us still worrying over Zan.
 
“Welcome home Honey,” Mom said smiling at me as I walked into the house.
 
“Hi Mom,” I said as I tried to do my best seem happy. I didn't want my own mother to worry about me when I was worrying about my friend. Just like Zan, I had to put on a tough act.
 
“How was school?” she asked me as I hung up my dark blue windbreaker.
 
“Okay, probably the only exciting thing that happened was Bra starting an argument with our science teacher because she kept on getting certain elements reaction to another wrong.”
 
Mom started to laugh. It was one of Bra's things. Our science teacher and her didn't really get along since Bra always corrected anything the teacher got wrong. “That's Bra for you, I guess.”
 
I smiled as I started to walk up the stairs saying, “Well, I have some homework to do, so can you call me down when dinner is ready?”
 
“Sure Sweetie,” Mom said smiling back at me. I was half way up the stairs when Mom stopped me. “Pan.” I turned around and saw her staring at my necklace.
 
`Uh oh,' I thought as my mind raced for an excuse as to why I had the necklace.
 
“When did you get that?”
 
`Just tell her the truth, Pan. That way you don't have to deal with a guilty conscience.' “I bought it this morning from a traveling jewelry salesman.”
 
“A travel jewelry salesman? I didn't even know some people still did that job,” Dad said as he walked into the entrance hall from the kitchen with a mug of coffee in his hand.
 
`Great, now I'm going to have Dad on my case because I bought the necklace!'
 
“How much did he ask for it?” Dad questioned as he stood next to Mom and looked up at me.
 
“Originally, 80 dollars. But he cut the price down to 10 dollars.”
 
Before Dad had been drinking some of his coffee, but when I told how much the necklace coasted in the end he spit the coffee out. “Gohan!” Mom said moving to the side to avoid the coffee. But Dad just ignored her as he stared up at me. I wasn't sure if it was a good stare or a bad one.
 
Mom just rolled her eyes as she walked up the stairs to get a closer look at the necklace. “It's a really nice necklace, Pan. The man was right when he said the original price. I would have gone higher. How did you get the discount?”
 
“He said it was because I was the first customer in a long time and because I was almost late for school. But I gave him 40 dollars instead of 10, and I told him to keep the change.”
 
“Wait, you were almost late for school?!” Dad said getting out of any trance he was in before. He opened his mouth to say more but Mom threw him a glare that told him to be quiet.
 
Dad adverted his gaze from Mom and me as Mom said, “Well, it is a really cute necklace, Pan. Now why don't you go and get started on your homework.”
 
“Okay,” I said as relief washed over me. I didn't want to answer any more of their, or most likely Dad's, question at the moment. I hurried up to room where I knew I would be safe. I made sure my door was locked before I emptied my backpack of all of the homework I had. But before I had put my homework my desk I noticed something was already on it.
 
 
`What is this?' I wondered to myself as I picked up the piece of paper. On the paper was I drawn I had done a few months ago. The picture was of a woman with long black hair that went to her cafes and was tied back in a low ponytail. Her eyes were a light purple. Her clothes were a long black coat, black combat boots, black baggy pants that had chains hanging from the belt loops, and a black blouse that showed off her belly. But the thing that made her stand out was what was on her back. A pair of pure black feather wings. `I remember drawing this. It was on the night a few months ago when I couldn't get-” But my thoughts stopped as I suddenly felt a rush of heat that started around my heart. I clutched my heart as I staggered for my bathroom.
 
`What the hell is happening to me?!' I thought as I fell in front of my sink. I continued to clutch my heart as the heat soon became too much to handle. But then just as suddenly as it started, it stopped. My breath came out in gasps as I used the sink to help me stand up. I turned to my mirror, just out of habit. But what I saw shocked me to the point where I thought I was going to faint.
 
*1: Here goes the D.N. Angel explanation! The main character Daisuke is born into a family where all of the males turn into another man named Dark when the reach the age of fourteen. Well, this exact same thing happens to Daisuke when he turns fourteen. He becomes a self-centered, womanizer, thief who is totally different from the kind, clumsy, Daisuke. Besides his personality changing whenever he becomes Dark, Daisuke's appearance also changes. To understand this better, I suggest you read D.N. Angel yourself. It is a great manga, and even though I haven't finished it myself, and I totally love it.
 
*2: Okay, pretty much picture how Gohan's hair looked after the Cell Sage or
when he turned sixteen. That is the kind of both the jewelry salesman and Gohan have for my story. I just hate how Gohan's hair looks in GT, even though it looks pretty much the same.
 
*3: Okay, picture three jewels that look like jewel shards from Inuyasha. Now have one in the middle pointing straight. The two that are on either side of the middle jewel are pointed like this, one on the right is pointing down and to the right, and the one on the left is pointing down and to the left. This is the formation in which the jewels are position on Pan's necklace.
 
A/N: WOOT! I finally got a fanfic up, even though this chapter is short. But still, GO ME! I'm glad I got to post a new fanfic and I totally love this idea. I think it's going to be a great T/P story. I know I didn't get some of the other DBZ characters in yet but don't worry they'll be coming in soon. And I just want to say this; Gohan doesn't wear glasses in my story. I don't like how he looks with them on so I'm going to write him with them. And I also don't feel like I have to explain how each DBZ character, expect for Pan since I changed some things about her, looks like. If you are a true DBZ fan then you should know by heart how each character looks like. And if not then go find a DBZ websites that will tell because I'm not. Expect Chapter 2 to be up soon!