Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Enjoy!
 
Chapter: Two
 
-xXx-
 
One full year had gone by since Evil-Lyn first arrived on Vimoche-Prime. Her time had mainly been occupied with training, and learning as much as she could about her new home, and its culture. To her great surprise; and even greater relief. Vimoche was much like Eternia in many ways. Nearly eighty percent of the people were human, with the remaining twenty percent consisting of various off-world alien species.
 
The world was not entirely technological like she first assumed it would be. Many of the villages sported little to no technology; like Eternian villages. But, unlike Eternia the populace and nature seemed to have a near perfect harmony with one another.
 
Beautiful, was the word Evil-Lyn regularly used to describe her new home. Especially her favorite area; the Hot Springs of the Harbin Mountains.
 
“Mistress ... I do not mean to be disrespectful, but do you not think it best to head back to the palace? It's getting quite late and tomorrow is the ceremony to appoint you as Royal Bodyguard,” stated Mara.
 
The white haired Vimochian, floated naked, in the large hot spring a couple of feet away from her mistress, waiting patiently for a reply. Evil-Lyn though continued to leisurely float, apparently ignoring her appointed maid
 
“Mistress please ... you must return or else his Highness will send soldiers to look for you like before ... Remember his warning when you last stayed pasted your curfew,”
 
With fury blazing in her eyes, Evil-Lyn angrily responded to Mara's statement.
 
“I am no child Mara! Curfews are for children, it's time he realizes I'm an adult woman and not some child he can impose his will on!”
 
Though not wanting to spur her mistresses anger further, Mara knew for Evil-Lyn's sake, she had to take the risk.
 
“Again, I wish not to be disrespectful my lady, but his majesty only imposed it because of your tendency for finding trouble. Why must you continue to disobey and try his patience? He will certainly punish you this time ... Please, let us go back and avoid his anger,” Mara pleaded.
 
Evil-Lyn gave her friend another angry look, but was forced to admit within herself, Mara was right.
 
' Mara is right, I shouldn't be risking Kakarotto's wrath. But ... how can I accept the title of Royal Bodyguard knowing that someday he and Seih will be married? I can't serve that spoiled dog! I would rather die then do so! '
 
“Mistress please, let us hurry back, we still have ten minutes before the curfew.”
 
Evil-Lyn gave an annoyed look to her nervous friend, as she continued to think over her dilemma.
 
' Does Kakarotto actually expect me to go through with this ceremony? .... The whole reason he gave me a curfew was because I foolishly got myself drunk after he revealed to me his plans to marry Seih. Did he expect me to take the news with a smile? I will never serve that woman! Never! '
 
“No ... I'm not going nowhere ...” Evil-Lyn said with a look of defiance.
 
“Why? ...--”
 
“I said no Mara ... If he wants to punish me then so be it ...”
 
Mara gave Evil-Lyn a look of disbelief before letting out an exasperated sigh. She knew her mistress could be stubborn and incredibly hardheaded at times, but her defiance now was bordering on complete lunacy.
 
“I grow tired of our conversation Mara. If you want to go back then go ... No one is forcing you to remain.”
 
“My duty as your servant and more importantly your friend my lady is to ensure your safety, even if that means trying to protect you from yourself ... You know being defiant in this manner will bring about nothing but pain for you, so why ...--”
 
“So am I suppose to go through with this ceremony, and except that dog's Seih rule over me?! I will kill myself first, before even bowing one inch to her!”
 
Upon hearing Seih's name, Mara began to understand why her mistress was acting the way she was.
 
“I know you and Lady Seih don't see eye to eye at times ... but the disgrace of suicide is far from an acceptable solution my lady ... Perhaps if you and Lady Seih meet to resolve your differences, then ...--”
 
Mara suddenly stopped, as Evil-Lyn burst out into a fit of laughter.
 
“My lady, may I ask what is so amusing? ...” Mara asked genuinely confused.
 
Quieting down Evil-Lyn responded to Mara's question. “There is no resolving our problems Mara ... Myself and Seih will never agree to have a truce, never ...” she said with a chuckle.
 
“How can you be so sure my lady if you don't try?”
 
“Since I've come to this world, I've made it perfectly clear to everyone what my intentions are towards Kakarotto. Not that I was the only woman on the planet or frankly the universe to make it known she wouldn't mind being the wife of the most powerful man in the universe. But I am by far the boldest with my actions, even going so far as to openly flirt with him, regardless of the circumstance.”
 
“Yes ... your flirting as you call it can be quite erotic at times my lady ... “ Mara said as her lightly tanned cheeks turned a bit red after remembering some of Evil-Lyn's more bold flirtations.
 
“By the change in your complexion, I see you remember,” Evil-Lyn said letting out a chuckle. “My actions though hadn't gone unnoticed, and caught the attention of a certain jealous and short tempered scientist.”
 
The twenty year old Vimochian gave her friend a look of understanding, as Evil-Lyn continued to speak
 
“Before my master trained me in that hellish interdimensional room. He had assured Seih nothing at all sexual would happen during the time he would be alone with me. Seih was skeptical, not of him, but of me ... She knew full well that her rival would stop at nothing to try and gain his love ... and stop at nothing I did ...”
 
Seeing the smile which crept onto Evil-Lyn's face, Mara gazed upon her mistress with a look of shock, after realizing what the smile was implying.
 
“Mistress ... did you and his Highness lay together?”
 
“No ... but it wasn't for lack of trying though ... “ she said with a disbelieving snort. “Oh I tried my best to have him, but, when it comes to training he is completely single minded.”
 
“Praise be to Patamawos my lady, that neither of you defiled yourselves,” Mara said letting out a sigh of relief.
 
“True ... I guess ...“ Evil-Lyn said half hearted.
 
“No my lady, you two did the right thing regardless of the regret you might feel. The law of Patamowos states blessings for those who lay with only their spouse, but pain and curses for the libertine.”
 
“Yes I know Mara, and thank you for the encouragement,” Evil-Lyn said giving her friend a warm smile.
 
“You are welcome my lady,” Mara said returning the smile. “I think though I now understand why you feel yourself and lady Seih will never make peace.”
 
“I'm glad you now understand ...” Evil-Lyn said, as she began to float out of the water.
 
Once she was a couple feet above the spring, Evil-Lyn then flew towards a tree a few feet away from the pool, where she and Mara had put their clothes to rest under.
 
“Every once in a while I would sense a faint trace of energy coming from a distance away from where myself and my master were training. I knew it was Seih spying on us, probably looking for the slightest sign of a broken promise on Kakarotto's part. She never showed herself, so I figured she found nothing at all out of the ordinary that would suggest he lied to her,” Evil-Lyn said as she began to put on her clothes, which consisted of a long black robe, as neither saw reason to wear anything more for a simple leisurely dip in the hot spring.
 
“Lady Seih does love his Highness, that much is without question. It's only natural for her to act in such a manner considering you appear to share the same sentiment,” Mara spoke, as she joined Evil-Lyn in getting dressed.
 
“Right ... two women who love the same man can/will not get along. Frankly it's a miracle we've only gotten into a few verbal arguments and nothing physically violent.”
 
“But if you two continue to garner hate towards each other, then I fear a confrontation wielding dire consequences for you both may follow. I still implore you to at least give my request some thought, to avoid something which may kill you both.”
 
Evil-Lyn looked into Mara's eyes, only to be overwhelmed by the genuine look of worry and concern which met her.
 
' Blast these feelings ... I can't believe I've become this soft in only one years time ...'
 
Evil-Lyn said a silent curse to herself, though she quickly regretted the action. A small sigh escaped her lips, as she thought over how different she now was since giving up the dark arts and following the ways of the living God Patamowos. So despite promising to herself to ruin any plans Kakarotto had to marry Seih. For the sake of her friend and her own conscious, Evil-Lyn saw that she should try giving the idea of peace between her and Seih a legitimate chance to work
 
“I will think about it Mara ...”
 
“Do you swear this my lady?”
 
“I need not swear. As the law of Patamowos states, let your yes be yes and your no, no. I have never lied to you since we first met Mara, and I won't start now,” Evil-Lyn said with a warm smile, as the two were now completely dressed.
 
“You're right mistress, please forgive me for even doubting your word,” Mara said as she bowed deeply before Evil-Lyn.
 
Placing her right hand onto her maids left shoulder Evil-Lyn gently commanded Mara to rise, reassuring her no offense was taken from her question. Then, with her hand still on Mara's shoulder, Evil-Lyn teleported them both back to the royal palace.
 
-xXx-
 
At approximately noon the next day, in a meadow about ten miles away from the royal palace. Evil-Lyn anxiously stood, awaiting the arrival of her rival. The former witch was adorned in a long, elegant, sleeveless purple tunic which went down to her sandaled feet. Her white hair, which had miraculously grown during her time on Vimoche, was now down to her shoulders, as it blew gently in a small breeze.
 
Her face was also plastered with a warm smile, as she thought over the mornings small ceremony which appointed her as a Royal Bodyguard.
 
' In the name of the living God, I now appoint you to stand at my side, and serve your king to the best of your ability. Arise now Evelyn and fulfill your duty ... '
 
Kakarotto had spoken those words to her, as she knelt before him, ready to receive one of the most prestigious titles on all of Vimoche.
 
' Mara thought that after his previous guard Jenna died, that no one would be able to take her position. But, for some reason he found me worthy to do so ... '
 
That was the main reason she had decided to go through with the ceremony despite her reservations. To refuse such a title would have been utterly foolish considering the weight it would carry. And also, she feared refusing would be an act of disrespect towards her master, considering all he had done for her.
 
' I will be forever grateful to him for freeing me from that wretched, piece of evil scum Skeletor. Even if myself and Kakarotto never lay together, he has still shown me more love this past year, then that mutated freak ever did ...' Evil-Lyn thought, as a tear threatened to fall.
 
“You look as if you're about to cry witch. Have you finally realized your worthlessness?” Seih said condescendingly, as she suddenly appeared two feet away from where Evil-Lyn was standing.
 
Seih's sudden appearance caught Evil-Lyn off-guard. But like any skilled warrior caught by surprise she quickly regained her composure, and faced her rival with a steely-eyed look.
 
“Your maid Mara tells me you wish to talk with me about something important. I wasn't going to come, but she seemed adamant that it was a matter that would impact both our lives. Could it be that you've decided to go back to that world you come from and leave me be with my lord? Please tell me it is so ...”
 
Evil-Lyn noted Seih was dawned in the same all black sleeveless full body suit, with a golden sash that went from her waist to about her ankles. It was the same battle outfit she had worn a year ago when Evil-Lyn first laid eyes on her on Eternia.
 
' Yes ... I could never forget that beautiful sash she wears. With its Zig-zag design and the way it is embedded with triangle shaped crocheted beads and trimmed with coins and jewels. She may be pompous, but at least she has good taste. '
 
“I've asked you here to talk, not fight Seih ... “
 
“Really ... what possibly would we have to talk about?” Seih asked with clear disdain.
 
Though she hated Seih; or more so her smug attitude. Evil-Lyn tried her best to keep the conversation civil.
 
“The one and only issue we have in common, Kakarotto.”
 
“In common?” Seih asked with a amused look. “You think you can have something you cannot. While I know in only a little while longer myself and my lord will be joined in marriage until we die. We do not have him in common. I have him ... while you only hope to lay with him like some street whore.”
 
Evil-Lyn eyes narrowed at Seih's statement, but for the sake of her promise to Mara she fought off the urge to attack.
 
“I am no whore Seih, but even if I were, I would still be more of a woman then you think you are,” Evil-Lyn retorted smugly.
 
“Oh how I love that quick wit of yours. Perhaps I should rid you of your tongue and then see if you can continue to utter such talk,” Seih said calmly, though she was giving Evil-Lyn a look of death.
 
Evil-Lyn was about to respond with another insult, until remembering why she was standing in a meadow under the afternoon sun.
 
“Look Seih, I asked you here not to fight or trade barbs. I ... I think we would both benefit if a peace of some sort could be mitigated between us.”
 
“What sort of peace witch?” Seih asked suspiciously, fearing Evil-Lyn was trying to trick her in some way.
 
“Well, one were we can coexist as bodyguard and q-queen ... without insults and curses flying between us. As much as I hate the idea of you marrying Kakarotto, he seems intent on doing so. So we can either choose to keep hating each other, or we can find someway to get along ... ” Evil-Lyn spoke calmly, though in her heart, the pain of the upcoming wedding was ripping her apart.
 
As her black and green waist long hair, blew gently in a sudden breeze, Seih carefully thought over what was said.
 
' But could such a thing truly work between us, given all the animosity? ' Seih intently thought, though she had to admit the idea of not having to feel guilt for having murderous feelings towards a fellow person was very appealing.
 
“Well, what do you say, peace or war? ...” Evil-Lyn calmly spoke, as she extended her right hand in a gesture of peace.
 
Seih looked at the appendage skeptically. In her heart, the battle line was being drawn between the feelings wanting to except Evil-Lyn's offer and those that wanted to reject it and thus continue their hatred of one another. She was truly confused, for she never would've expected such a thing to be even a possibility given the things her and Evil-Lyn had said and tried to do to each other over the past year.
 
' Why do I have conflicting feelings? Commonsense tells me I should except her offer and be done with our feud. But how do I know she can be trusted? This so called truce she wants might be nothing more then some sort of trick to get my guard down while she steals Kakarotto away from me. '
 
It was then, an idea popped into Seih's mind for her to test if Evil-Lyn was serious in her peace attempts or not.
 
“Peace ... but only if you swear to never again seek the love of my lord. Do this, and I will honor your act, Evelyn ...”
 
Evil-Lyn was shocked that Seih for the first time since they had known each other had called her by her given name. But, the surprise was short lived, as Seih's words sunk in. Causing the former witch unlike her counterpart, to be firmly grounded on what to do.
 
' I told Mara that peace was nothing but an illusion. I should of never wasted my time in agreeing to have this meeting.'
 
“I think we both know the answer to that Seih,” Evil-Lyn said as she lowered her arm.
 
“Yes witch, I do ...” Seih said in an icy tone.
 
An air of tension surrounded both women as both waited to see if the other would make a threatening move. To attack the other was what both women wanted to do, but yet they feared the possible consequences of that action, albeit for entirely different reasons.
 
' She may be more experienced when it comes to fighting, but our power levels should be around the same; given my time in that accursed room. I know I can take her, I know it ... '
 
Evil-Lyn repeated the statement a few more times to herself. But, it seemed regardless of how hard she tried to rid herself of doubt, she continued to harbor the feeling. Seih on the other hand was beaming with confidence as she could sense fear growing within her enemies heart.
 
' I will kill this witch the moment she makes a threatening move. That way there is nothing Kakarotto could say to me about her death. Even he has to allow it in the case of self preservation.' Seih thought with a smirk.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Suspense is good, so everyone will just have to wait to find out if they battle or not. :) I have a lot of the next chapter already written, so hopefully it will only take a couple of weeks to post. Well, let me know what you guys and gals thought of the chapter. :)
 
I want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!