Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
-Telepathy -
 
A/N: Enjoy!
 
Chapter: Five
 
-xXx-
 
Palath ran for all she's worth through the dense foliage of The Dark Forest. Despite the excruciating pain of a broken ankle, and the hazardous conditions caused by the torrential rain. The young elf knew if she valued her life she had to keep running, though she felt as if her body was about to drop of exhaustion at any moment.
 
' Please help me Great Spirit, give me the strength to go on!'
 
Running barefoot for two miles in the condition she was in would take a toll on anyone. Though she tried to force her body to exert more energy then it had, Palath knew she had to stop to rest, if only for a few seconds. Looking around quickly for a suitable hiding spot, the young elf decided on a large patch of bushes. Though not the ideal place to conceal yourself from trained hunters / trackers. Palath was hoping that the rain and the cover of darkness would aid her in her attempt to hide.
 
' Let it be so Great Spirit, please let it be so ... They will certainly kill me if I am found ... '
 
-xXx-

High atop, in the branches of a two hundred foot tree, with the wind and rain still assailing her body. Evil-Lyn kept a watchful eye on the events happening below.
 
' Hmm, seems that creature is hiding from something or someone ... and if I'm right, here comes its pursuers now,' Evil-Lyn thought as six monstrous beasts came running into her view and stopped a few feet from where Palath was hiding.
 
' Oh this should be interesting ... They're smelling the air. It appears as if they know that creature is nearby despite not being able to see it,' she thought with eager anticipation about how everything was going to unfold.
 
A small, almost inaudible chuckle escaped from her lips, as the scene began to play itself out. Evil-Lyn though began to wonder if she should help the creature instead of leaving it to the mercy of its pursuers. But despite the twinge of mercy, she quickly remembered this was not her world, and subsequently not her fight.
 
-xXx-
 
With her heart beating wildly, Palath silently watched as her pursuers stopped nearly fifteen feet from her hiding spot. Despite the rain dampening their scent, she could smell the beasts foul stench filling her nostrils; causing her to feel nauseous.
 
' Blasted vile creatures don't they believe in bathing?! ' she silently thought, trying her best not to vomit.
 
Uctu, are creatures who were part ape and elf. Who typically are much taller and stronger then most elf's. Usually covered in black fur and dressed in simple loin clothes or nothing at all, they are a fearsome enemy. Who unless you had one outnumbered four to one. A direct battle with them was to be avoided unless one wished to die.
 
If Palath could she would attempt to fight her way free, despite knowing her chances of winning a direct confrontation would be nearly zero. She was a warrior after all, and warriors didn't shy away from battles or hide like a coward.
 
' But they do use caution and don't give into foolish pride,' she said to herself, as her mothers wise words from years before entered her mind.
 
Palath squeezed her right fist out of frustration and fear; snapping a small twig which happened to be in her hand at the time. Almost immediately she regretted the action as one of the eight foot, hulking beasts, turned his attention towards her.
 
She once again prayed for deliverance from her foes. But before Palath was finished asking the living God for help. The Uctu which was heading towards her was suddenly flung back, crashing violently into and through a nearby tree. Within seconds, the creatures comrades also shared in its fate. As they to were suddenly flung into trees, rocks, and into anything else which was in the area.
 
-xXx-
 
Palath couldn't believe what was happening. One moment the young elf was sure she was about to be discovered; and subsequently re-enslaved or killed. And the next she's being saved by a hooded-cloaked being. Palath continued to watch amazed as the mysterious being handled the six slavers like they were mere children.
 
' By the great spirit what sort of being is this? ' Palath thought amazed, as she watched her savior physically humiliate her attackers.
 
In the vise like grip of her right hand, Evil-Lyn held one of the six Uctu by his throat. He had completely passed out, but she held him there like meat, as a message to the others of his group. The remaining conscious members of the Owopu clan, quickly sprang to their feet, and darted away from the area, leaving their fallen comrade to his fate.
 
“How can creatures who appear so fearsome be such cowards? ...” Evil-Lyn said disgusted.
 
With an impressive show of strength, the former witch effortlessly tossed her hapless opponent into the group of its fleeing comrades who were nearly one hundred feet away.
 
From her hiding spot, which was only a few feet away. Palath watched terrified as Evil-Lyn suddenly turned her attention towards her.
 
' Why did I interfere in something which didn't concern me? ' Evil-Lyn asked to herself, as she faced the bushes where Palath was hiding. ' I know nothing of this world nor its inhabitants. This creature could of deserved whatever fate its pursuers was going to inflict on it. '
 
Evil-Lyn let out a deep exasperated sigh, as she slowly started to head towards Palath's location. Stopping right in front of the terrified elf she extended her hand in a gesture of peace.
 
Palath stared up at Evil-Lyn's hand cautiously. Though grateful for Evil-Lyn saving her from the hunters, the young elf was understandably wary about the person before her.
 
“I will not harm you child, no need to fear,” Evil-Lyn said warmly.
 
Palath's fears only increased as she heard Evil-Lyn's voice.
 
' The sacred language of the Eternian's! ' Palath said astonished.
 
Mustering her courage Palath slowly rose to her feet and limped out of her hiding spot.
 
Though dark and raining, Evil-Lyn finally got a good look at who/what she had saved. She noted she was in the presence of a young elfin girl who except for her grayish skin color, and white shoulder length hair. Strongly resembled Seih's cousin Fitelh, with the trademark long protruding elfin ears.
 
' Well, I guess I shouldn't hold that against her, ' Evil-Lyn thought with an amused chuckle.' Though it would be quite a sight to see that prissy princess dressed in the simply attire of this girl. Fitelh would never be able to stand being clothed in a loincloth and a ragged tank top.
 
Palath backed up slightly, not knowing what Evil-Lyn's laughter meant. Nor did it help the teenagers nerves that a large part of Evil-Lyn's face was shrouded because of the cloak and cowl she wore and the darkness of night.
 
“Calm yourself child, I promise not to harm you unless you give me a reason to,” Evil-Lyn said sternly.
 
Insure of what to do or say to once again hearing one of the most cherished and sacred things on her world. Palath immediately dropped to both knees, bowing deeply before Evil-Lyn. The former witch in turn gave the young elf a strange look, as she was obviously confused by the action.
 
' Perhaps this is some sort of custom on this world, a sign of gratitude ... ' she thought with her hand still held out.
 
“Forgiefan amin ieldran ... Lle ...--”
 
Palath's statement was stopped short as Evil-Lyn knocked her unconscious with a lite chop to the side of the neck. Upon hearing the elf speak, she quickly realized a communication problem would develop, and subsequently needed to be rectified as quickly as possible if she and Palath were to have a true conversation.
 
Erecting an invisible ki-shield to cover them both from the raging storm. Evil-Lyn placed her right palm on Palath's forehead, and began to go through the young elf's mind.
 
A half hour slowly passed by before Evil-Lyn finished her painstaking absorption of Palath's mind. The former witch slowly removed her hand from atop her would be companions forehead, satisfied she had fully learned the language, and all she needed to know about her new home and the unconscious girl before her.
 
-xXx-
 
Now midnight, Palath slowly opened her eyes only to be met with the surprising sight of a small camp fire. Quickly gathering her bearings and doing a quick scan of her surroundings, the seventeen year old warrior realized she was in a cave. Quickly springing to her feet, expecting to find her pursuers, the young elf was instead met with Evil-Lyn's amused look.
 
Palath remained silent as she was mesmerized by the sight which was before her.
 
“M-mother? ...” Palath asked disbelievingly.
 
“I am not your mother child,” Evil-Lyn said warmly and in the young elf's own language.
 
Palath continued to stare at Evil-Lyn spellbound, not sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her. She never again thought she would see her mothers face, but here it was before her, in Evil-Lyn's hooded visage.
 
“Please sit and be calm. Your pursuers have been driven away and no further harm shall be done to you,” Evil-Lyn said gently.
 
Upon hearing the mention of the Uctu, Palath seemed to snap out of her trance. Realizing the person before her was not her mother. Palath stared at Evil-Lyn cautiously despite the former witch's gentle approach. She still couldn't believe how much the stranger resembled her deceased mother. But she quickly cast her amazement aside as she sought out who then she was facing.
 
“W-who are you and what am I doing here?!” she suddenly blurted out.
 
Though she tried to sound forceful and intimidating. It was obvious to Evil-Lyn the girl standing before her was scared and slightly disoriented.
 
“You must calm yourself first my dear ... I will tell you all you want to know ... Now please sit back down before you do even more damage to your ankle.”
 
Palath continued to give Evil-Lyn a distrustful stare. She pondered whether or not to trust this stranger. But it seemed like the decision was made for her as a piercing pain in her damaged leg cause her to collapse to the ground.
 
“Good ... I'm glad you've decided to listen,” Evil-Lyn said with a small smile.
 
“Do not think me defenseless. I will kill you in an instant if I sense any untruth in your words, “ Palath threatened, with as fierce a look as she could muster.
 
Evil-Lyn let out an amused chuckle before eventually giving a nod to the now sitting elf.
 
“Understood ... though only a few hours ago you were kneeling before me, ever so grateful for saving you from your pursuers,” she responded smugly.
 
Palath looked shocked after Evil-Lyn spoke, but remained silent, wanting to see what more this stranger had to say.
 
“My name is Evelyn; a simple servant of a king from a distant land ... By my masters decree, I have been ordered to go on a journey to find enlightenment in order to better serve him ... While walking through that forest I stumbled upon your predicament and decided to aid you. After I drove the hunters off, you became unconscious, and I carried you here to this cave.”
 
Evil-Lyn felt a bit of guilt for lying to Palath, but the truth was something she herself could not bear let alone tell someone else. If her exile lasted long enough, and herself and Palath became close friends. She vowed to tell Palath the truth, even though a long exile would bring about more fears of Kakarotto abandoning her.
 
Palath paused to search her own mind before responding. She remembered running from the hunters, hiding, nearly being discovered, and then having a cloaked being come to her rescue. But after that everything else seemed a blur.
 
' Wait ... I do remember kneeling in respect, thinking she was an elder. And I do remember hearing her talk using the language of the Eternian's. After that, I remember nothing. '
 
“If what you say is true, and you are just a servant ... Why then do you have the strength to defeat an Uctu? And how can you speak the holy language of the Eternian's?”
 
' The strength she showed fighting the Uctu was amazing. I didn't think it was possible for a single person to do that to those beasts. But yet how does she possess such great power? '
 
“I've leaned many things during my life and the language of the Eternian's is simply one of them ... As for my strength ... I have learned much from my master and my strength is simply the result of his teachings.”
 
Evil-Lyn found it quite fascinating how the inhabitants of this world knew of Eternia. But then again, Kakarotto had told her that the world she was to be banished to was in the same universe as Eternia. The idea to banish her to another dimension obviously came from Seih; who if she couldn't have Evil-Lyn's head instead settled for the next best thing.
 
' Perhaps the ancestors of this planet originally came from Eternia long ago, and hold it in such high esteem given it might have been their home-world. '
 
Evil-Lyn searched through the memories she had taken from Palath earlier, but found no history of the elf's people.
 
“What is your masters name? Is he an elder?”
 
“You would not know him child so his name is unimportant ... and no he is not an elder.“
 
Though Evil-Lyn's words sounded genuine, Palath could tell there was something she wasn't being told. Elders to her knowledge only taught the language of the Eternian's to the royalty of a tribe or the elders possible successor. It was forbidden to teach what little was known of the language to servants or other non royalty. The obvious question which went through Palath's mind then was how did Evelyn learn it if she were a simple servant as she stated?
 
“I cannot blame you for being weary of me. But I think even you must know that if I wanted to harm you I would have already done so. I came to your aid when you needed it the most, would you of preferred I had left you be?”
 
Palath gazed upon Evil-Lyn with a sense of shame. Indeed what her savior had said was the truth and in accordance to her tribes traditions, she now owed Evelyn much gratitude, and if Evil-Lyn so wished, a life-debt.
 
' How can I give my life to someone I don't even know? ' she thought with silent fear at the proposition.' But yet I must offer it and must honor the request if she so declares. If not, I will bring much shame and disgrace to myself and my people ...'
 
“I am sorry for my distrust lady Evelyn. I owe you much and am ashamed for not showing you the gratitude you deserve. Forgive my disrespect and please except my respects now ...”
 
Palath slowly crawled over to Evil-Lyn who was sitting on the cold dirt floor about ten paces away. Bowing deeply before her rescuer, so that her face was only an inch from the ground. She awaited confirmation on whether her act of respect was excepted or not.
 
' I wonder if this has any significant meaning in this culture?'
 
Evil-Lyn searched through Palath's memories and found that the gesture did in fact have a profound meaning. If Palath was touched on the left shoulder then it meant her respects were not excepted. Which would in turn bring about more shame to the young elf then what she already felt. If she was touched on the right shoulder and commanded to rise then her respects would be excepted; keeping her honor intact. But, if the young elf were touched on the top of the head and a life dept were claimed for the act of saving her life, then in essence Palath would be as good as a slave to Evil-Lyn.
 
' I could use this girls companionship ... it would be better to spend my time on this world with someone rather then being alone. I would also garner that Palath would feel safer being with someone after her ordeal with the Uctu; though I doubt she would admit it. '
 
The decision to be made was a momentous one, and Evil-Lyn chose the one which would guarantee the most benefit for her. Palath nearly cringed at Evil-Lyn's touch, and the words which followed. The decision she had feared, yet freely opened herself up to had come to pass.
 
“I know the traditions of your tribe direct you to do this my young friend. But, I ask that you not look at this as a bad thing to give your life to a stranger. But instead try to look at it as the will of the Great Spirit. It wasn't by chance we met. I believe he has guided us together and we will both benefit in the end for knowing one another,” Evil-Lyn calmly stated, as she took her right hand off the top of Palath's head.
 
-xXx-
 
Early the next morning just before daybreak the pair set off on foot for Palath's village. Palath's emotions were flailing about like a flower in a strong breeze. First having to deal with the trauma of being enslaved without pryer knowledge of how she landed in the hands of her enslavers. Fortunately for her the captivity had only lasted a week, before she found a means to escape. And now having to deal with a life-debt with a person she new virtually nothing about. To say her once tranquil life had become convoluted would have been a severe understatement.
 
“My people are near the mountains of Karish. If we start now we should reach there by nightfall,” Palath spoke, as she pointed towards the mountains.
 
Evil-Lyn looked towards the mountains and estimated from herself and Palath's current position that the mountain range had to be at least fifty miles away. She stretched out her senses and confirmed that there was indeed a gathering of small powers located in that direction. Though she highly doubted that her new friend could walk one mile let alone fifty.
 
“Are you sure you can make this journey with your ankle the way it is child?” she said turning her attention back towards her companion.
 
“Palath, lady Evelyn ... My name is Palath,” the young elf stated as she sat down on a tree stump. “Forgive me for not mentioning it earlier,” she said apologetically.
 
“You have nothing to apologize for Palath, believe me ...” Evil-Lyn said sighing softly.
 
Palath gave Evil-Lyn a small smile. She began to think that perhaps her fears of giving this stranger a life-debt wouldn't turn out as bad as she feared.
 
“To answer your question I am not sure. It has already begun to swell and the more pressure I put on it the worse it feels.”
 
Evil-Lyn looked into the elf's sparkling red eyes and new instantly what she had to do. Despite the fact the action would bring about more questions from her new comrade. Walking over a few steps to the seated elf, Evil-Lyn bent down and placed the tip of her right index and forefingers on the damaged ankle. Palath started questioning what Evil-Lyn was doing, until she felt a warm sensation going throughout her entire body.
 
“I shall save you the trouble of asking and just say that healing wounds is simply one of the things I mentioned to you before, which I have learned during my life.”
 
Though she didn't respond, in her mind Palath questioned how a non elder could possess such power, without the use of a healing stone.
 
-xXx-
 
On a sunny afternoon on the planet Eternia.
 
“You're what?!” Adam's parent's screamed in unison.
 
Two more days had gone by since his return, making almost a full week since himself and Teela had come back into their loved ones lives. Adam stilled hadn't spoken to the other Masters as of yet and frankly he had no idea when he would face them. But at the moment the young warrior had just professed to his shocked, stunned, and quite possibly horrified parents that they were now grandparents.
 
“Yes ... you are both grandparents ...” Adam said flatly, as he figured the best way to deal with their disbelieving looks was with a calm attitude.
 
Neither Randor or Marlana could believe what their child had just uttered. Usually joy was reserved for moments like these. But neither seemed to be able to quite comprehend what their son had spoken.
 
A couple of minutes seemed to pass by like they were hours as Adam and his parents just stared at one another waiting for the other to further address what was said.
 
“Is this the reason why yourself and Teela have been gone for a year? Because she was pregnant with your child and you two didn't want anyone to know,” Adam's mother blurted out, snapping out of her shock.
 
With a huge sigh Adam responded. “S-she is not the mother ...”
 
Now Adam's parents gave their son true looks of horror.
 
“Who then?” Marlana disbelievingly asked.
 
“Who the mother is is not important at the moment mother ... Just know that you have a grandson and his name is Dare.”
 
“What do you mean not important?! By the ancients Adam what has happened to you?!” his father angrily screamed. “First you oust me as king, then you disappear for a year without a word of your whereabouts, and now you father a child! Have you completely lost your mind?!”
 
To his own surprise Adam began to chuckle in response to his fathers passionate diatribe. Turning his attention away from his parents for a brief moment. Adam walked over to a nearby window and gazed out at the beautiful afternoon sky.
 
“I see now that I might of jumped the gun in revealing the existence of Dare to you both ... But so that you both know, I'm not proud of the way he was conceived nor am I proud of anything else you screamed at me for father. I came back here to try and make amends for my evil. I could of continued to stay away and hide like I was doing, but the desire to make things right and the guilt of my actions overcame me.”
 
Adam paused for a second, trying to further collect his thoughts.
 
“I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry for every pain I've caused you both. Perhaps ... it would be better if I just leave since my presence here seems to be doing more harm then good ...”
 
“So you're just gong to run away again like a coward?!”
 
“Isn't that what you always thought I was father? ... But I'm not running away this time. I need to check on Dare and his mother ... Once that is completed I will come back and we can continue this conversation.”
 
“Are you and this woman at least married Adam?” his mother asked softly.
 
Adam turned his gaze to meet his mothers and slowly shook his head no. By the downcast look which appeared on her face he knew his answer was obviously not the response Marlana was hoping to receive.
 
“I know mother, it just keeps getting worse and worse,” he said with a sad chuckle.”See you both in a bit ...”
 
In a blink of an eye Adam was gone. His parents just stood there in the middle of their sons room in complete and utter shock at the conversation which had just taken place.
 
“Why were you so hard on him Randor? He seems like he wants to try and make things right despite how royally he seems to have messed up his life. We should try to comfort him and be understanding or else he may think we don't love him and flee again.”
 
“But a child Marlana, a child ...” Randor said disbelieving. “When the guard came this afternoon and said Adam wanted us to come to his room. I never dreamed this was the conversation which would follow.”
 
“Neither did I Randor ...” she said embracing her husband. “But we have to support him right now. I just have this feeling that if we shun him we might lose our son, forever ...”
 
Randor remained silent, though the last part of his wife's statement caused his heart to ache and be filled with dread.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: I have a feeling things are going to get pretty interesting for Evil-Lyn. :) And Adam ... his road to make things right appears to be a bit bumpy right now. But aren't all roads such as his? :) Well, let me know what you all thought of the chapter, and the pace of the story so far. :)