Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The cost of victory ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He wouldn't let it end this way. Not now. Not after so many people had died. Not until he hadn't a single breath left in his lungs, nor a single drop of ki in his veins.
“Give it up, boy” The last android hissed, face to face with the teenager as their fists were locked beside them.
Trunks panted, feeling drained of all energy. He had given it his all, 110 percent and it still wasn't enough. 17 was still here. 17 was still winning. And 17-
He shook his head. If he thought like that, he was never going to win.
And so he closed his eyes. And thought back, through his life, through his childhood as each member of the Z gang fell before his eyes. The once invincible group of people that had come to know each other as family, were dead. Every last one of them.
Krillen. Piccolo. Yamcha. Tien. Vegeta. Gohan...
Pan.
His eyes drifted to the ground where Pan, the daughter of his sensei, lay dead, in a pool of crimson blood. She had appeared, not long after his sensei had died. And Trunks took her under his wing, the way Gohan had done to him. And Trunks trained her. And taught her everything Gohan had taught him.
Everything, when Gohan had gone, was experience with her. Laughter and tears. Joy and pain. and love. Love for the world. Love for their home.
Love for each other.
And that fuelled Pan so she could destroy android 18.
But in the end, they destroyed each other.
He closed his eyes, feeling his heart strings snap at the void expression staring back at him.
But it fuelled him. Each emotion he had ever felt with Pan played back and so he fought on. Punching, kicking, dodging, diving. And yet, even through his new found energy, 17 matched him, blow for blow.
 
Facing each other, breath laboured from hours of fighting, they stared, glaring at each. And they called to the heavens, summoning the last ounce of Ki to finish the battle. The clouds above rumbled, lightening danced around them while the rain washed the dirt of the city away.
“Ka Me”
Trunks looked down to Pan, a soft smile gathering with his Ki
“Ha me”
His palms cupped, his gaze turned to the android that mimicked his actions
“Ha!”
The two blasts were released, clashing with each other, trying to reach their targets.
A blinding light.
The Ki blast merged to one and swallowed everything
And everyone.
 
And the light had cleared. And there was silence. For a long time.
So long that people who had taken into hiding emerged from their spots. And the people gathered around the battle scene, where two androids lay next to each other, dead.
So the crowd cheered.
No more terror.
No more destruction.
No more death.
But someone cried out, their finger pointing to the pair that lay near the androids.
And silence was once more dropped over the land.
Hand in hand, wedding bands touching, lay a male and a female.
The heroes of Earth.
Pan and Trunks Briefs.