Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Doctor is in...sane! ❯ Just like a pill! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two

eyes opened slowly, his vision blurry. He looked around him and wondered how he got to his room. Going over the mornings events in his head, he struggled to sit up but fell back as vertigo and pain overwhelmed him. Closing his eyes in an effort to stop the spinning room, he heard the door open and opened his eyes to see who it was. To his chagrin, it was the one person that he would have loved to keep his condition from--Bulma--and furthermore, she brought someone who Vegeta had never met with her. 'Great....' Vegeta thought, 'there goes whatever was left of my dignity! First Kakarott now...' His thoughts were interrupted as the two, who had been until now speaking in whispers, realized he was awake.
"He just passed out and he had a fever of 103.5 when lasted I checked..." she looked in his direction, "Oh!...He's awake!" walking to him she took his hand, "are you all right?" This her companion came over and began to examine him, much to the frustration to the Saiya-Jin, though the only thing he could do was growl and even that was weak.
"oh, Vegeta! Stop that he's only here to help! " She stopped at the look he gave her, "And don't start this bullshit about how you don't need help either! I may human but I ...." she stopped again as noticed that the man beside her was trying to catch her attention.
"YES?"she yelled Turning to him,"...Sorry...Yes?" she said in a more controlled tone, on the couch Vegeta smirked.
"...oh...yes...ummmmm...well ....."he held out a slip of paper to her, he was trembling," according to the symptoms you gave me and my...own ex...examinations...of the patient I believe this only...to ...to be a bad case of vertigo so....no prescription is necessary...but if...the ...patient develops symptoms such...such as vomiting this..." he held the paper out to her "prescription will have to be filled....and if you'll excuse me...." Bulma took the paper and the doctor turned and at almost a run left the compound. Red in the face and gripping the paper so hard it shook Bulma turned to Vegeta.
" WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? " she yelled at him furious that he had caused her to lose her temper and scare the man away. Vegeta looked at her and burst out laughing.
"well...it isn't my fault...*hack*that you *gag* ...!" Vegeta stopped laughing and concentrated on trying to breathe as Bulma's anger began to dissipate, she walked over and hit him on the back to try to help. Getting his breath back Vegeta looked up to glare at her....than seemed to decide it wasn't worth the effort and lay back down. He groaned as he felt another dizzy spell come over him as well as nausea. He shot out of bed but only made it half way when he vomited all over the floor. Bulma grabbed the trash can by the bed and held it while Vegeta heaved the rest of last nights dinner into it, rubbing his back as the vomiting turned to dry heaves. She put the trash can aside she helped him lay back on the bed. Smoothing out his blankets she sat down on the bed, he looked at her in a daze
"well, I guess it isn't vertigo....Well...Id better go to the Pharmacy to pick up your medicine, but first I think we should clean up this mess...!" She got back up and left the room, Vegeta's eyes drooped as he watched her return with the mop. After mopping up she turned to Vegeta.
"well, I'm off..!" She said turning to leave. A non-committal grunt was all she got as Vegeta closed his eyes, she smiled as she looked back at him but noticed something poking out under the blanket and taking a closer look she was surprised to discover it was his tail! Turning to leave she decided to check it out when she got back from the drugstore. Waiting till she knew he was asleep, she pulled the door closed behind her
*~*
Pulling into the driveway of the pharmacy a few minutes later Bulma took out the prescription the doctor had written for Vegeta.
'okay, lets hope the doctor knew what he was doing...' Bulma thought as she opened her door and went into the drugstore. Seeing no one at the pharmacy counter she rang the bell and sat down to wait.
"be with you in a minute!" shouted someone from behind the counter, as a young man came forward to assist her.
"hello, how may I help you?" he said smiling pleasantly.
"well,"Bulma said, giving him the slip of paper," I have to pick up this prescription." the young man took it from her and after he read what was there he looked up and frowned at her.
"All right...Miss..?"
"oh...miss. Briefs." Bulma said distractedly as she dug through her purse to find her bank card," how much do I owe you?" the young mans eyes widened and he began to stammer.
" you'll...ha...have to come...back in...arou...around an hour to pick these up...oh...its...$97.50...!" He gave her a nervous smile as she pulled out her card.
"oh...I hoped you could give it to me now..I'm kinda in a hurry..." She said putting her card down on the counter, and looking up at him pleasantly.
"oh...of course miss. briefs...ill be right back..." he turned and went to the back of the store, coming back seconds later with an unlabeled bottle and handing it to her he began to ring her up.
"your supposed to take this every eight hrs...one spoonful." He said handing her the receipt and the bag with the bottle in it." Good luck, have a nice day!"
"Thank you! You too!" Bulma said turning and leaving the store.
"Now, to get Vegeta to take this...!" she said starting the engine of her air car and pulling out of the driveway to return home.
~*~