Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon and the Phoenix ❯ A Battle to the Death ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi minna sorry I took so long, ^_^;; But at least you can read it now ne? Thank you all for your Reviews, they mean a lot to me. They let me know that people are actually interested in my story ^^ and remember ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Now then Enjoy the chappy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Dragon and the Phoenix

By

Saiyan Butterfly

Chapter 2

A Battle to the Death

Two days after Bulma headed out into the dense jungle, cries of battle could be heard on the farthest reaches of the forest. She had easily located the enemy encampment, thanks to a broken enemy scouter she had attained and repaired. From a high ridge that bordered the edge of the forest she had spotted the smoke coming from the small fires they had lit. She had immediately reported the sighting to the General and the Phoenix had soon launched an attack on what remained of the army of the dragon. At this moment Bulma still set upon her high perch upon the ridge, keeping an eye on the battle from there. The general had given her direct orders to stay where she was and survey the battle.

Bulma sighed, "I am so bored. I can't believe they made me stay here and do surveillance. I think it's all just a crock to keep me out of the fighting. Harjin is such a bastard," she muttered to herself. A slight movement caught her eye just then and she was quick to duck down just in case. She cautiously peered over the edge of the ridge. Her sharp eyes caught the shadow of a figure moving silently through the brush. She squinted against the pounding sun, and pulled out her binoculars. The man bore the armor of the dragon. Bulma smirked to herself. Well it looked like she wouldn't be left out after all. She deftly crept down the ridge until she was directly above the man. She leveled her weapon at the man's heart, and fired.

Vegeta stalked silently through the brush, but paused suddenly as his superior hearing detected a clicking sound. He turned suddenly and the bullet struck his shoulder.

"Damn," Bulma cursed. She wondered just how had he heard that. The weapon was almost completely silent when fired. She gasped and ducked behind the rock. The man had spotted her. She quickly rolled away from the boulder she was standing behind, which exploded seconds later. The blast may have missed its mark, but the aftermath blew her halfway down the ridge. She bounced a few times before landing in heap on a small ledge. "Oh man," she moaned, "I feel like I've just been hit with a BX-9"

"You have far more to worry about then a simple cruiser, soldier" came the harsh voice of her assailant.

She glared up at him. He was no taller then she, with flaming black hair and cold black eyes. He looked surprisingly human, but the brazen crest of the dragon adorned his armor. "Trash of the Dragon," she sneered before aiming a quick kick to his groin. The speed that she had come to her feet had caught him off guard and so she had hit her target.

He stepped back bent over in pain. "Damn you!" he sneered, landing a quick punch to her midriff. Soon she too was doubled over in pain. Bulma teetered near the edge, trying desperately to regain her balance. However the sound of a sudden explosion made her jump and she rolled painfully down the ridge landing in a heap at the bottom. She coughed painfully and tried to sit up, but she found that a heavy boot rested upon her chest. The figure stooped and caught her up by the collar, taking a good look at his victim.

"A woman?" Vegeta gasped. He looked at her in shock. He had been so busy beating the daylights out of her he hadn't even noticed. Bulma sneered at him, taking his moment of distraction to dig her knife deep into his side. He cried out in pain dropping her roughly to the ground. Another large explosion rocked the forest. And both stared off towards the battlefield.

Bulma stared up at the sky and gasped at what she saw. It seemed that this was now an aerial assault. Her eyes widened in horror. That wasn't a battle. The ships were going at an angle to leave orbit. "Shit" she murmured grabbing for her COM. She managed to turn it on before her assailant kicked it from her hand. But a message crackled over it as she tried desperately to reach for it.

Bulma this is Shiro. If you're alive answer me! This battle will be ended in space. We'll send someone to get you. Are you there?

When there was no answer from Bulma, who was currently being restrained by the soldier, the voice continued solemnly. We can't wait any longer. If you have not responded by the time this battle has ended then we shall presume you dead.

"No, no, no" Bulma screamed. "They are leaving without me," she gasped to herself.

"What does it matter little Phoenix you wont be living much longer", came the laugh of her assailant, as he shot a thin ki blast at her COM unit, reducing the device to nothing but ashes.

"You bastard!" she snarled trying to elbow the man in the ribs. He was ready for her this time, however she did manage to jar his knife wound a bit with her struggles. "Baka, what are you laughing for? If the battle is moving into space then the dragons have fled there as well. Aren't you worried that you will be stranded here?"

"I won't be left behind, and besides I have my own ship." He tossed her to the ground and she landed roughly on her back. "Here," he smirked, "I'll give you the rare chance to fight back."

"Why are you doing this?" she grimaced reaching up to pull a capsule from her armor.

He sneered down at her "Because, I find this all very amusing. I wasn't aware that the Phoenix had stooped so low as to send his women to fight his battles."

"We'll see how amusing you find this," she growled deploying the capsule.

He cocked an eyebrow at the strange weapons the woman had deployed. Metal bands secured the weapons to her arms. The thick, wide blades extended from behind her elbows along the bottom of her forearms to curve up in a wide arc in front of her fists.

Bulma smirked coyly, "These are my Carakarr, but they aren't ordinary blades as you may soon discover. I'm going to kill you for destroying my COM unit." She rounded a punch at him and he immediately threw up a ki shield and bracing the attack with his forearms. However, the blades made their mark and blood dripped from the long cut upon his arm, staining his dark body suit a deep crimson.

Vegeta looked at the wound astonished, "How the…"

Bulma chuckled mirthfully. "These blades are enhanced with artificial ki."

Vegeta glared closely at what she had called Carakarr. He did indeed see the faint glow that surrounded the blades. He leapt to his feet, thoroughly filled with rage. He began forming a ki blast and aimed it directly at the woman. He noticed her press a button upon the Carakarr just as he launched the attack.

The blast blew her back about 30 yards and through several trees before she finally came to a halt. But much to Vegeta's surprise she was still on her feet, though she was hardly unscathed. "I see. Those weapons must also form a shield."

"I'm surprised dragon," Bulma chuckled painfully. "I had thought all the dragons were brainless fools. But it seems there are a few exceptions."

"I could say the same of you Phoenix. However cowardice still seems prevalent in your kind."

"I'm not running dragon," Bulma sneered at him. "And I wont let you defeat me," she snarled deftly reaching up and deploying yet another capsule. This time it was a tiny gun.

"And what do you expect to do with that little toy wench?" Vegeta laughed charging at her.

Bulma stood stock-still and smiled broadly at him as he charged full speed towards her. She fired off a blast from the miniscule firearm and a blinding flash engulfed the forest.

Bulma smiled as she looked on at her handiwork. The weapon had easily wiped out a large expanse of the forest before her and her opponent was nowhere to be seen. "Well," she grinned dusting off her hands, "That takes care of that."

Bulma suddenly felt herself being drug back and she found herself with a hand covering her mouth and her back to Vegeta. "Not quite wench."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

Well What do you all think? You can let me know by….LEAVING ME A REVIEW!

^_~

ja ne minna

~*Saiyan Butterfly*~