Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 2: A Truth Untold ❯ Taken Away Forever ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Prologue: Taken Away Forever

The planet was on the other side of the universe, tucked away in a spiraling galaxy that gave enough protection to last for millennia. This planet was like the rest of the habitable planets; it had lakes, rivers, oceans, plains, and everything that went with a planet. Very few travelers went to it and the inhabitants of the planet like it that way. In fact, they made it their business to keep people away from their planet. Despite having two different races upon this planet, both were peaceful towards each other, their conflict settled hundreds of years ago. Each traded with each other, bringing things from all corners of the planet to those that could not journey to get what they needed. And that's the way they wanted it to stay, keeping a silence to themselves and none other. Only a few traveled off world, some never returning again.

On one hemisphere of the planet, along the coastline of the shore, sat a village that was set away from the towering crystal cities. The village was small enough for people to know each other like family but big enough for everyone to have enough room to live. Farms surrounded the edge, a few villagers plowing the fields in the early morning light. The ocean on the only un-farmable side sparkled with the rising sunlight, telling everyone to wake up in it's beauty. There were those that ignored the call, rolling onto one side and covering their faces with their blankets so that they could sleep for another couple of hours. The rest grumbled about the nights being too short as they climbed out of bed to do what they had to do.

One such person ignored the calling of the light as he laid inside his small bedroom, tucked inside a warm blanket. His light purple skin was flawless, his young face still untouched by anything. His white hair, naturally cut into a mowhawk style, was frizzled from being slept on all night. His coal black eyes, once they were opened, shone with a brilliance even in the darkest room. He was young, age six to be exact, not even knowing his place on the planet but had a understanding of what was going on around him.

The door to this young boy's room crept open a bit and a young girl, same age as he, slowly walked in, dragging a pillow behind her. She had the same color skin as him with the same color hair as well but only her's was shoulder length. Her same colored eyes seemed to glow as she tip toed to the other's bed, a soft smile on her lips before she climbed into what space was left and placed her pillow down. She then moved under the covers, the boy stirring just a bit. The girl didn't care as she laid down next to him as he rubbed his eyes, now waking to the movement next to him.

"It's about time you woke up," The girl taunted as the other yawned, turning his head over his shoulder to see who it was.

"It's early, Keelin," He grumbled tiredly.

"Shin, it's almost lunch time. You know how mother doesn't like it when you miss breakfast. That was hours ago and I think she'll let it slide again."

"Whatever. Let me go back to sleep," Shin pulled the covers over his small head so that he could go back to sleep. Keelin gave a grunt as she sat up, glaring at Shin before pulling the blanket off of him. He tried to grab hold of it but he was too slow, the blanket drifting upon the floor. "What was that for?"

"You should be up by now, Shin. We have to go into the market so that we can get things with mother," Keelin snapped, narrowing her eyes at him. "She is leaving in an hour and needs us both."

"But I want to sleep."

"Tough. With father always working, she needs us to help her out."

"You are always the serious one, huh?"

"Yup. I guess that's me!" Keeling grinned a cat-like grin before hopping out of the bed with her pillow in hand. "Now come on. We'll leave in a hour so you better be ready."

"Alright, alright," Shin mumbled, sitting up straight, moving his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around them. He watched the girl walk towards the door, almost going out, before speaking quickly. "Keelin, we will always be twins forever, right? And you'll always be here, like me?"

"Yea, sure," Keelin stopped at the door and smiled at him. "I'll always be here."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

****

Shin and Keelin walked together, hand in hand, as they walked along the semi-crowded market that sat in the center of town. Many merchants from all over the world put up their shop, some staying for the rest of their lives while some packed up and left the next day or a week later. There was something new each day that it was a surprise to see what was for sale. There were also things from off world, rarer and more expensive, but was a wonder to gaze at. And today had no exceptions to it.

"How long are we going to be here?" Shin whined to an older woman that walked behind them, her eyes lost somewhere else. Like her children, she had light purple skin and white hair that went down her back in a braid. She wore a cat suit to show off her muscular body, a brown belt lazily hanging around her waist with three silver pouches hanging off of it. There was also a jeweled dagger hanging on her right side, just in case for emergencies. Her face looked worn with age, lost without hope, and happy without sadness.

"We'll be out of here soon, honey. I just need a few things," The mother smiled down at him, her attention going down towards her child. "I know that you don't like coming here but I just need a little bit more help today. If you are good, I might get you two something."

"Hooray!" Keelin and Shin cried out, starting to skip towards the first booths that started the market. They weaved among the people, losing sight of their mother for just a moment. They did not care, nor did she, for there was no danger lurking inside the market. It had always been a peaceful place to be, with nothing to hinder anyone's carefree life.

"I wonder what the candy merchant has today," Keelin said loudly, taking her hand out of her brother's and skipping away from him. Shin did not follow as he walked to another merchant's booth. He placed his small hands upon the table, standing upon his tiptoe to see what was on top. He smiled at all of the pretty jewels that garnished the red satin table cloth, each sparkling brightly in the morning light. The merchant standing on the other side gave the child a small smile and a small laugh, sensing the boy's curious nature.

"This jewel comes from a planet on the other side of the universe," The old merchant said, pointing to a small, dark green jewel in front of Shin. "It's called an emerald by the natives of the planet. Very plentiful there."

"Pretty," Shin mused, his reflection shining off of the small jewel. His mother came up behind him, giving a glance at the jewel before shaking her head.

"Yes, pretty. But expensive," She warned her child as she tilted her head to the side. As she stood behind her son, she turned her head around the market, which was getting more crowded by the moment. "Where's Keelin?"

"She said she was going to the candy merchant," The young one said, still mesmerized by the jewel. His mother grunted, pulling on the top of his ear, indicating that she wanted him to follow her, before she let him go. Shin whined for a moment before following her, moving a light purple finger along the jewel as he left. He kept an eye on it, his gaze not paying attention to where he was going. Instead of seeing who was in front of him, he bumped into someone's leg, causing him to snap out of his daydream and take several steps back. Shin blinked his eyes as he quickly turned his attention to the person that he bumped into, looking up towards the person's face. If there was any as it was covered by a dark hood of a cloak that sat perfectly still on the wearer's shoulders and silently falling down the back. Black clothing garnished this person's body, down to the gloves and boots. Not a single ray of light could go through the darkness of this person as Shin started to back up.

"Watch where you are going, kid. One day it might save your life," The stranger growled down at him, a pair of blood red eyes glowing from behind the hood.

"Sowry. It won't happen again," The child muttered, quickly running to catch up with his mother and away from the other. Shin did not notice the evil glare the stranger gave him as he followed the boy, a smirk hidden from behind the darkness of the veil.

****

Keelin stood in front of the candy merchant's booth, her eyes going along the different kinds of candy that sat upon the top of the booth, beckoning her to take a piece. The merchant knew she was there, despite paying little attention to her, as he smiled faintly at the passing people, hoping that they would stop. The girl didn't want his attention anyways for she knew his emotions like she knew her own. She had been to the market plenty of times to understand and memorize the different merchants emotions.

She hardly noticed the market crowd closing around her nor did she remember that she was not with her brother. The only thing she had on her mind was the candy that sat in front of her, pulling her closer in.

"Keelin!" A voice called from inside the crowd, barely fazing the child out of her daydream. It was only when, a couple of moments later, a hand darted out from the crowd and grabbed onto Keelin's shirts that she yelped in surprise and her mind came back into reality. She turned around to see who had grabbed her clothing when she saw Shin standing there with a cat-like smile, her mother right behind him.

"Um, hi?" Keelin said meekly, shrinking down some.

"Keelin, what have I told you about going off by yourself?" Her mother scolded, her eyes narrowed just a bit.

"Not to do it?"

"Yes. What would have happened if someone took you?"

"I know, I know. I would never see anyone again," Keelin muttered, slumping her shoulders some as she lowered her gaze towards the ground. She knew she was in trouble then, her mother probably about to place the worst kind of punishment a young child, like herself, could imagine. It was always like that, she supposed, but she would have to live with it anyways.

It took her several moments to realize that her mother hadn't said something back. Keelin moved her eyes back up to see what was wrong. She noticed her mother was not looking at her only daughter but was staring to the right, her eyes still narrowed and her body ridged. Shin was looking up at their mother was well, confused as to why she had not done anything as well.

"Mommy?" Keelin whispered, taking a step forward.

"Keelin. Shin. Go towards the INN. Stay there until I come for you," Her mother said, her stance not faltering.

"But why? Was I that bad?"

"No. Just go. Hurry!"

Keelin felt her hand being pulled in the other direction as Shin ran past her, her body moving along with his as it moved to keep up with his. The girl looked back as she ran away, seeing her mother take out the dagger that she wore on her belt and disappear into the crowd. That was the last time either saw their mother as they went in the opposite direction, becoming one with the steady stream of people.

****

Shin felt his heart race as he pulled his sister, Keelin, towards the structure of the INN. He didn't know why his mother wanted them to go to the INN but he figured it had to do with something she did not want them to know about. Something that she wanted to protect them from. The image of the stranger flashed in his memory for a moment then disappeared. No. That couldn't be, He thought to himself frantically as his coal black eyes darted along the crowd.

"Shin, look!" Keelin said from behind him, his head quickly turning to see what she wanted. His sister was pointing forwards, her own coal eyes looking wide. Shin managed to turn his attention back to the front as he skidded to a stop. The crowd had gathered, in a semi-circle, around a small figure that was looming over a fallen body. Both came to a steady halt, Keelin nearly bumping into her brother. Their eyes went wide with their mouths dropping open as they looked at the sight. Despite little traces of blood oozing from the person's mouth, the unknown victim had no apparent signs of his death. Only a few burn marks were shown along the person's abdomen that made it seemed like something truly hot had been used.

"What happened?" Shin wondered out loud as the creature standing over the body turned it's attention away from it and looked along the crowd. The creature wasn't much of anything; just a scrawny, short thing with robes that lashed out around it.

"If you do not want to end up like our friend here, I suggest that you comply with what I have demanded," It said, a small smirk upon his lips. Shin felt his hand drop as his sister took her hand out of his, her body moving past her brother's.

"Keelin, where are you going?" He hissed out, moving a hand out to grasp a part of her yet his arms were still too short to really be of much use to him.

"Whatever you demanded, it will not be met," Keelin yelled out to the creature, crossing her arms over her chest as a gust of wind went along her body. The thing's gaze moved along the crowd as it fell upon the girl, a snicker coming from it's lips. He took several steps forwards before stopping and placing his arms behind his back.

"And why do you say that, young one?" He asked, the smirk still on his lips.

"Because I will stop you!"

"Ha! Funny, child. You do not know who I am, do you?"

"I do not care."

"Very well then. If you would like to challenge me," The creature's eyes sparkled in the sun light as Keelin got into a fighting stance with Shin unable to stop her. He watched as the thing's small lips started to move in a chant, the world around him going into slow motion. The people around him started to move out of the way, screams of terror reaching his ears. As he moved forwards, in a attempt to pull his sister out of the way, a pair of arms went around his waist to pull him back. Shin struggled in a vain attempt to get out of his attackers grasp before something hit him on the head. And hard. Suddenly, the world around him started to get black, the image of his sister's body starting to convulse, along with a small cry of pain, the last thing he saw and heard.

He knew nothing else as everything went black.

****

Images of shadows danced along the walls of where ever he was by a light source he could not pinpoint. Sounds of laughter echoed off the images, bouncing right back to whence they came from. Shrieks of terror came with the laughter execpt they went into his mind and stayed there, unable to leave his memory. Besides the light that made the shadows, everything else was sealed in darkness. He did not know if there was anyone with him, alive for the most part, or if he was the only one there. If there was something else that was there, chances are, to him, that those creatures were not alive anymore. Perhaps they were decomposing yet he had no sense of smell. None of his senses were working as he tried to yell out for help. Any kind of help but none came. At least the kind that he knew, felt, or heard.

"Wake.....up......" Something had placed those words directly into his mind as his body started to tremble. He felt like something was shaking his body around like a rag doll and not letting go.

"Wake.....up....." Those words went through his mind again, not leaving him alone. He tried to open his eyes but they were stuck in the world that was around him.

"Wake.....up....." This time, something went across his face, more like a slap then anything else. Slowly, his eyes began to blink open, taking him out of the shadow world that he hated so much. The light world started to come into focus as everything was blurry in his sense. It took him several moments before his vision became clear and he saw what was around him.

"Keelin!" Shin cried out, sitting up quickly but a pair of hands pushed him back down. He struggled for a moment before he calmed down just to see what was around him. The first thing he saw was a face, looking older then what he probably was with pink skin and whitish, shoulder length hair. He had a small smile on his lips and his eyes watched the boy intently.

"Quiet, now. You are alright," The other said calmly, taking his hands off of the boy's shoulders. Shin didn't move, his eyes full of fright. That was when he realized he was in a bed, covered up to his chest in satin sheets. The bed was inside a room with yellow walls and nothing on them. The only thing that stood out was a door, that lead to who knows where, that remained half-way open.

"I want Keelin. Where is she?"

"Hush. You need rest."

"I don't need anything! Nothing hurts!" Shin screamed out, half lying. His head hurt, of course, where someone had hit him but he didn't want to say anything about it. He was old enough to do things on his own. "I want my sister! What happened!?"

"She is......." The other said, lowering his gaze down towards the bed. ".....not here. I could not save her as well. Not much of the town is left, I suppose. At least, as I was leaving some of it was being destroyed. Perhaps the planet isn't even there."

"NO! YOU'RE LYING! MY HOME CAN NOT BE DESTROYED!" Shin cried, sitting up. Tears welled up at the base of his eyes as he struggled to understand. "What happened? How?"

"The creature that was on your planet was a powerful wizard that wanted to control it. When he doesn't get what he wants, he destroys things and enslaves the remaining people. Unfortunately, your sister angered him more then expected, causing an early chain reaction that destroyed your town and perhaps half of the planet," The other's smile faded as he looked up at the boy, who was already sobbing. "Your parents did not make it as well. I managed to save some of the other towns folk but I could not save them. You are one of the lucky ones that I have managed to save."

"Why couldn't you have left me there?"

"Because your life is still beginning. I had no choice."

Shin turned his gaze away, his young face squeezing together in a fit of rage, fear, guilt, and sorrow. Keelin, He thought, balling his fist together. I wanted to save you. Why? His life, everything that he had known, had come crashing down on him. If he had woken up earlier, if he had not missed breakfast, nothing would have happened. He would be back in his own bed right now, cuddled up against his teddy bear with his sister right next to him, telling another one of her stories. Making sure that he was okay. That everything was okay. And now.....now nothing was the same.

"I know this is hard for you to understand, even at a young age, but it will take time," The other said, placing a hand upon the boy's shoulder. "I lost my parents at a age even younger then you. I had nothing."

"Who are you?" Shin asked as the tears went down his cheeks. He didn't bother to wipe them away nor did he bother looking at the other who was with him.

"Kibito."

"I'm Shin."

To Be Continued..........