Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Kaioshin Saga: Story 2: A Truth Untold ❯ Chapter 2: Training tainted with Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Truth Untold

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the original characters (if any) and the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter 2: Training tainted with Memories

"You mean you don't know what Ki is?!" Kibito cried out, his eyes wide. He and Shin had left the Dai Kaioshin's marble palace only a few, short hours ago without much word to each other or the Kaioshin. They had flown most of the way back to their own palace home, the other surprised that the boy did not know how to fly himself. He was even more surprised to learn that the child did not know what Ki was or what it stood for.

"Nope," Shin said, shrugging. Both stood opposite each other, each staring with readiness to start what training the child needed. "What is it?"

"Ki is the life energy that all living life forms have, no matter how small that form has. It grows with the training that one has, some beings using that energy to form different attacks with it. As long as you can sense Ki then you know that a person is still alive. When you know that you can not feel the Ki any longer, as it drops to zero, that person is no longer among the living. There is no life beyond the depths of that zero."

"How do you fly then?"

"You use your Ki to fly. You have to concentrate all of that energy into the pit of your stomach then force it down towards your feet in order to ascend into the air."

"Show me how to do it!"

"Very well," Kibito mused. "But first you have to control Ki, like so."

The other placed his arms at the middle of his torso with the palms of his hands facing each other but with enough space between them so that they were not touching. His face became serious, his lips forming a concentrated frown as his eyes moved towards his hands. A few beads of sweat formed around his brow, the wind picking up around the two. Neither spoke for a few moments as they waited for something to appear from within the space that was between Kibito's pink hands. It took only a moment more for a small ball of light to fill the gap, steadily gaining size before it was at the place that he wanted it to be. The orb pulsed with energy, with life, as Kibito raised his gaze towards the boy, who was staring at this feat with innocent eyes.

"This is Ki. It is easy to control once you have learned how to concentrate this into your hands," The other instructed, allowing the light to dim away until there was nothing more. "Once you have learned to do this, you can fly."

"Okay," Shin nodded, placing his arms and hands in the same position that his instructor had. Kibito watched in awe as the boy placed his ebony eyes onto the position of his palms, waiting and watching for something to appear. Five minutes went by with no orb of Ki to be seen from the purple form of the child's hands.

"Remember to focus all of your attention into the energy. Force all of your Ki into your stomach and then bring it into your hands," Kibito soothed. Shin didn't say anything to that as his eyes narrowed and the strain of the concentration was shown on his doll-like face. It took another five minutes for the boy to drop his hands at his side and look up at the form of his guardian with say eyes.

"I can't do it. I've tried and I can't place it into my hands like you did," Shin said, crystal tears already forming at the base of his eyes.

"Yes you can. It will only take time for you to do it. Eventually, everything that I will be teaching you will come naturally. It just takes practice."

"I...I...didn't focus my attention into the energy. I can't do it...."

"I understand," The other kneeled down upon the soft ground and placed his hands onto the boy's shoulders. "Your thoughts are still upon your sister. I know."

"Do you read my thoughts?" Shin asked, sniffing.

"No. I only go into other people's thoughts when I have to or someone gives me permission. It is not my placed to barge into other people's own mind. But I can see what strain it has taken upon your young soul."

"How long do you think this will last?"

"I don't know. If you are referring to the emotions that are jumbled up inside of you right now, it will take a little while to sort them out. Sulking will no do you an good to your training nor your emotions."

Shin let a single tear go down his light purple skin as he threw his arms over Kibito's neck in a embrace that he hadn't felt in two months. The other looked surprised at this for he didn't expect this from the child. It took several seconds before he wrapped his arms around the boy too, a smile hidden from the young one's attention.

"We will continued your training tomorrow. Right now, there are other things that you must learn in order to become the East Kaioshin," He said as the two broke away from the hug. Shin nodded as he wiped another tear from his face.

"Like what? Do I have to memorize all the planets and stars and everything?"

"No. Not even the Dai knows every planet in the universe," Kibito laughed as he stood up and took the boy's hand. He started to lead him into the palace, Shin by his side. "You do have to catch up on a lot of reading and writing and other things that everyone needs to know. You have to at least know who the other Kaioshins are and the Kaios in the East Quadrant. You just need to know a lot of things before the Dai Kaioshin can bestow your title on you."

"How long will that take? The training, I mean."

"That, child, will take the rest of your life," Kibito said, the two stopping at the stone entrance of the palace for one moment before moving into the palace itself, disappearing for the rest of the day.

****

They heard what was going on outside the watery grave that had been set up in some unknown galaxy. Yet, as they opened their eyes to gaze upon what little they saw, the blurry image of a creature stood in front of one as another, perhaps taller in a sense, stood at the second. Both had no words coming out of their mouths as they stood there, watching for any signs of resistance. There was nothing in either one of the captives, held without word towards those that probably had given up the search in those two lost lives as they waited to be free.

"This one...special powers...Kaioshin...." Was all the two could hear from the smaller creature, whom had turned it's eyes towards the other that stood next to it.

"Perhaps....without fail..." The broken words of the other filtered through the substance as it bowed to the creature before turning around and walking away. The other didn't move it's head to watch the other go as it turned it's attention to the one that he stood in front of. They closed their eyes to block out the image that they could barely see. They didn't care anymore on what was going on in the world that was outside. Their focus was now on the hell that was raging inside of them, waiting to be released. They wanted to use that hell against whoever was in their path at the moment.

And the creature knew it.

****

The Kaioshins have been around for countless generations, perhaps even longer. No one knows where the powers of the Kaioshin came from but it most likely came from the universe itself. The power was then divided into five different powers for five Kaioshins. From there, lesser powers were given to five Kaios for each of the Four Quadrants of the universe.

There are five Kaioshins: North, South, East, and West and the Dai. Four Kaioshins look over their own Quadrant of the universe while the Dai Kaioshin looks over their actions. Each Kaioshin, with the exception of the Dai, has total control of his/hers own Quadrant. None of the Kaioshins are allowed to have any part of the other Kaioshins Quadrants nor are they allowed to make any ruling in the others besides his/her own. The Dai Kaioshin is the only one that has universal ruling over all four Quadrants and can make judgments as he/she sees fit.

The lesser Kaios do not have the same powers of the Kaioshins as there are five in each Quadrant. Like the Kaioshins, there are the North, South, East and West as well as a Dai. These lesser gods are the eyes and ears of the Kaioshin, ruling over things that the higher ranking Kaioshin have little time for.....

Shin blinked his eyes at the transparent screen in front of him that gave him the lessons that Kibito was not lecturing on, the black words slowly scrolling up towards the ceiling. He had found things on the planet were different then what he had originally thought they would be. He found things weren't as they seemed, like the Dai Kaioshin had told him earlier. And that was a understatement. The boy hadn't really paid any head to the surroundings since he had come to the planet, only noticing the things he had to notice in order to survive. Now he had to learn everything that he should have already learned.

He sighed as the screen finished scrolling with the information he need to know on the history of the Kaioshins and the Kaios, going totally blank. Shin figured Kibito would have him re-read the transparent screen's information again, perhaps over and over again until he knew every last word. The other had said that it wasn't easy to become a Kaioshin or to keep the position. Kibito knew, saw, and understood these things more then what the boy did.

The screen blinked out suddenly, leaving the boy inside the room, alone. This placed inside the stone and marble palace was set apart from the rest, with no signs as to what other purpose it had other then to educate soon-to-be Kaioshins. The walls were a grayish color indeed, with no windows to show that there was life beyond. The lights above gave off a dim glow, allowing whatever screen the full advantage of it's viewers. There was only one doorway that would let people come and go, sometimes it being locking for hours on end, leaving one in the small, confined space In the middle of all of this, a single plushed chair sat, giving one person the comfort of sitting down. And he was the only one with that sense.

"I see that you have finished reading or just lost interest in it," Kibito's voice fluttered through the room. Shin turned his head to the side, barely able to see the other's from through the dimness.

"Is there any more of this?" Shin asked boredly.

"There will be no more reading on the history of the Kaios or the Kaioshins. You will spend the same amount of time in here as you did today. Before that, your Ki training will be started. After these two lessons, I will be giving you lectures on your responsibilities as the East Kaioshin. Every so often, one of the current Kaioshins will test you on what you have learned."

"Oh," The boy's face suddenly became dowcasted. "Will I have any time to play or do what I normally do?"

"Very little if any. Becoming a Kaioshin and learning everything about the universe and your Quadrant takes up all of your time. There won't be any room for anything else."

"But....but...I can't always be learning," He protested, sticking is lower lip out some. Suddenly, the idea of becoming a Kaioshin didn't seem so great. Now, even the mere thought of having to go through the same things day after endless day was boring him. Why didn't I just reject the offer? He thought to himself.

"Despite the fact that you despise this, it has to be done. You can't take away what your heritage has handed down."

"I bet the rest of the heirs don't have to go through this," Shin grumbled as he stood up groggily.

"There are no other Kaioshin heirs for the North, South, West, or Dai. You are the only one for the East," Kibito revealed, his eyes shinning in what light was in there.

"What do you mean?"

"Meaning, if something happens to the rest of the Kaioshins, you'll be the only one left."

"What if something happens to me?"

"Then the Kaios will take over the Quadrants," The other said, a hint of panic in his voice that the child didn't detect. "Of course, that will never happened. Yes, all the Gods have enemies but they aren't a threat that is worth their lives."

"What about Bibidi?" Suddenly, Kibito's face drained, becoming an even pinker pink. He'd never expected the child to wonder about the threat of the wizard to the Kaioshins. Yes, there was that threat, but it wasn't on the God's shoulders. Bibidi wanted mostly to control the universe, plowing through almost everything that stood in his way. Yet, there was always that certain thing that stood in his way, restraining the wizard from doing any harm. Perhaps he is a threat to the Kaioshins, the other thought. He wants the universe but the Dai holds the key. And none of the Kaioshins know if Bibidi knows anything about them.

"Bibidi is powerful, yes. But he is only one power among the stars; not as many as the Kaioshins have."

"So, there is no real danger in Bibidi?"

"Not unless the Kaioshins take action on making sure he doesn't get any more powerful then he already is. Suppressing his power is something you have to help with. That is why we need another Kaioshin."

"Why can't we destroy the wizard? He has already destroyed enough," Shin said, bitterness dripping from his voice.

"He has to do something dramatic to be destroyed. Yes, he has blown up planets, stars, and taken families apart but not entire galaxies. Not yet, anyways. In other words, until he does something, like create a being of pure evil, we can not destroy him."

"So, what you are saying is that the Kaioshins have no power to stop what he is doing now?" Shin demanded. Kibito could hear the pain in the child's voice as he was glad that he couldn't see his face as well. He knew that the boy wanted to do something so badly to the one that took away someone from his family. The other understood this pain, and he had felt it many times through.

"Yes," He said slowly, not wanting to say that word. He hated putting him through any more pain then he was already in. Don't worry. I'll find a way to get around that problem, he promised himself. I'll make sure of it.

"When I become a Kaioshin, I'll make sure that Bibidi pays for what he did to my sister," Shin growled under his breath, his eyes lighting up in the dimness of the room.

****

The silence of space was deafening, a place where a scream would never be heard by the surrounding galaxies. The blackness would absorb it, holding it close to it's chest and never letting it go. Any traveler, either by way of a type of ship or one that could drift along the emptiness, would go crazy over this silence. That is, if they traveled alone, a journey without conversation.

And this one knew it as a single pod screeched along the stars, going to a place unknown. It's destination already programmed into the main computer as a cloaked figure sat in a single seat in front of the controls that sat in front of it, it's hidden eyes staring out into the nothingness. With it's hands perfectly still in it's lap, it watched as the systems of planets, moons, and stars moved past the glass, it's own reflection shining brightly.

The figure didn't mind the loneliness one bit. It had been alone most of it's life up to this point, besides whatever company it's master offered, which was little if none. The missions to other planets, the scouting of pathetic life form for experiments, and many other things was tainted with no one other then it's presence. It's master rarely came on these missions; only when there was no more use did the master come along to destroy whatever he had no more use of. The figure knew it was probable that, one day, there would be no more use for it's service and, like the dozens of lesser life forms, it would be destroyed as well. But that wasn't now and it certainly wasn't the future yet.

There was no need to worry about it's life as the pod moved along, the stars around it watching it descend into the eternal night.

Twenty Years Later

He felt the sun bare down upon him as he concentrated the energy he held in his hands, his target standing many feet away from him. The wind stinged against what gashes and scrapes he already had sustained on his exposed arms and face, yet he did not lessen his stance. There was something more important then the current pain and it was all on the one that's image reflected in the young one's dark gaze. There was no time for anything else besides what he already had his gaze up.

In a fleeting more, he pushed the orb of energy that pulsed in his grasp, the light ball moving from his hands and zooming towards the other. In a flash, the other brought two of his own orbs, one in each of his hands, and threw them, one at a time, at the incoming energy. All three collided together for a single second before the single burst of energy blasted through the two orbs. Dust settled between what had just happened as the single stray blast zoomed towards the second one in a speed that no one could detect. Just before the energy hit the other, he faded out of sight, the orb fizzling through the open air and towards a clump of trees not far behind. Both bark and energy came together in a brilliant show of light as the other came back into view, the wind from the blast coming back towards him as the wind whipped his fine, shoulder length hair.

"Getting better but not good enough," He said, sweat dripping down his pink face. The first smiled and nodded, wiping his own sweat from his light purple face.

"I think you are getting too old for this, Kibito," Shin replied as he sat down upon the green grass that was beneath him. "And I am getting too tired for more of this."

"Ah, yes. The tiredness excuse," Kibito mused, stifling a snort as he began his approach towards the other. "Never fails."

"And I guess it is back to the lectures after this."

"Exactly. Don't worry. They will soon be over and you'll never have to listen to them again."

"That is something that I'm looking forwards to."

"I'm sure that you are," Kibito said, giving the young one a knowing look as he sat down almost right next to him. "And there will be no more of this training either. At least, at this intensity."

"That's a relief. I don't think you could handle it much longer."

"Funny," The other one grumbled lightly. After those words had been spoken, each silent fell silent, the sun above came upon their shoulders in slants, showering each with heat and light. Neither flinched at this, the silence growing between them even more.

The last twenty years had been uneventful, each day with the same thing down over and over again. The training, the lessons, the lectures--all had been instilling in the growing boy until it went on like a beating drum. Shin had becoming more powerful as the days and weeks passed, those days and weeks eventually turning into the years. It seemed like forever to the boy, now full grown and not the child he once was. Despite growing no ore then five feet in height, the rest of his body aged more. His face lost his childish features, becoming more sleeker with time. His white hair, still cut in that mohawk fashion, retained what he hadn't lost. And his eyes, still the color of coal, was more serious then before. Yet he gained a secretive, cat-like smile that he used when he knew things that others did not.

The training left him with more then what any other mortal could imagine. The capableness of his mental abilities gained him the sensitivity to feel what some people were feeling and their thoughts. He had learned to quiet peoples thoughts, as they poured from their mind into his, giving him a chance to listen to his own. There were times, late at night, when he would stand in the middle of the field just outside his place. At those moments, he'd pick a single mind out in the starry sky and listen to that one voice. A few minds he caught thinking about the people around that soul, and how, despite everything, they wouldn't know what to do without them. That's when the sadness came over him, the memories of the past surfacing. The memories he wanted to remain buried. The memories that he didn't want anymore.

Then Kibito would come and join Shin in watching the glittery stars above. He'd save him from anymore pain with a few soothing words. It was, at those times, that the young one was grateful for the other. He was glad he wasn't alone in the universe for he had someone to share it with.

"Are you ready to start the lessons again?" Kibito asked, breaking into the silence. Shin gave the other a smile, his eyes lighting up just a bit.

"Yes," He said without thought, the smile never once fading. The two stood up, with no more then what had been said. They walked, side by side, towards the palace, ignoring the lazy sun above.

****

They had spent unknown time in those watery cells, only opening their eyes to barely see what was out there bound the glass casing. Their hopes of being found had dwindled to nothing, their beings long since forgotten. All but forgotten by two. It wasn't like care cared as they floated silently in stillness, unwilling to give their hearts open and happy.

Both heard what little movement there was, and they knew who it was just from that little movement. They didn't bother gracing the two figures with their attention for they no longer had the will to look at what could not make out. The movement stopped, for they knew the creatures were staring up at them again as they had done in the past.

"This one....just right...new Kaioshin...." They heard someone speak in broken language.

"How...why....?" The other spoke in question.

"Does not....alive....anymore..." The first one spoke again. ".....better....inside....destroy...."

There was silence from the second one as if there was a few moments for thoughts. Neither listened anymore as the moment went along, both waiting for those standing outside to kill them. Yet there was no pain in their bodies, both wishing that death would come.

Then the liquid started to drain.

To Be Continued.....