Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Price Of Power ❯ Chapter: 13 ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Price Of Power


" Speech "

' Thoughts'

(( Inward voice ))

() Telepathy ()


A/N: I just want to give a big thanks to everyone who have stuck with the story so far. :)) When I first started writing this I really didn't know how it would be received but so far the response by the reviews and also by the number of hits I'm getting has been far more then I ever thought. Every chapter I strive to make better then the last, in every possible way I can. And as a result, that is why they have become longer and take longer to put up. Well, enjoy!! :))


Chapter: Thirteen


(())(())(())(())(())(())(())(())


In life, we all have to make difficult decisions, which may affect our lives in ways we cannot even begin to imagine. If we choose wisely, a good and fruitful crop will follow. But if we choose incorrectly, bad and possibly life-destroying events will plague our lives, possibly until the day we die.


Adam looked on as everyone in the room gave him a look of shock and disbelief after his proclamation. The Master's, his parents and even the guards, were just staring, as they couldn't believe their ears. No one said a word for the next couple of minutes. Only the sound of thunder and the falling rain could be heard as the storm continued to rage.


Adam eventually grew tired of the silence and relayed to the Master's the conversation he, his parents and Man-At-Arms were engaged in before they had entered the room. All the Master's just listened in silence as the young Prince explained from the beginning his meeting with the Sorceress, the destruction of Grayskull, and his plans to purge Eternia of evil.


"I can't believe the Sorceress was right ... You have gone mad."


"Mad? … No Teela ... My eyes have just been opened to our beloved planets plight. Can you deny what I said about Eternia?"


"No ... but your method is insane. Do you have any idea how many people could die because of your actions?"


"Yes ... I have considered that. And that is why I asked my father to remove the men he has stationed around the Ice Dragons location, so the loss of life could be kept minimal. I will freely admit I may of begun this the wrong way, but what's done is done. I cannot change the past ..."


"That's nonsense! Tell me something hero, can't you at this very moment stop Skeletor from ever releasing the dragons without your father withdrawing the troops?!"


Adam hesitated, as he saw that Teela had figured out he was up to something more then just bringing peace to their home. He slowly walked over to where she stood and smiled down at her beautiful yet stern face.


"You are not only beautiful Teela ... but also very alert. Yes I could, but won't for certain reasons ... "


"What do you mean for certain reasons?! If you have the power just stop him and be done with it!" Teela stated as she looked menacingly at Adam's smiling face.


"No …"


"What … --"


Teela started to speak, until Adam planted a kiss right on her lips. The young captain was shocked at his bold move and just stood like a statue for a few seconds, until her mind decided to kick back in. She then started to struggle with all her might to free herself from his embrace, but found his grip to be unmoving. Everyone looked on, at a complete loss at what to do or say towards the young Prince's actions.


() Marry me Teela ... ()


' Who?! Adam?! ... '


()Of course, who else would it be? () He asked with a hint of jealously after remembering her earlier comment in the forest about her new friend.


' Let go of me! What do you think you're doing?! ' Teela said as she tried to knee him in the groin.


The move though had no effect, as Adam's embrace only became tighter so that she couldn't move at all. With another sudden and totally unexpected move, the young prince levitated both himself and Teela high up in the ceiling, while everyone just gawked on in bewilderment.


()Marry me and become my Queen Teela ... Help me to rule this planet and bring peace to our home. ()


' Marry you? …' Teela asked completely shocked.


() Yes … In the three years I was gone, I longed to come back to Eternia and see you. Everything I did and learned I did with the added hope of coming back and seeing your beautiful face. How I longed Teela to feel your lips against mine own … How many nights I spent dreaming about you … dreaming about us, together ... You cannot deny me any further Teela, be mine … ()


Teela was shocked beyond words. Adam's small speech left her in an emotion filled daze as she found it hard to think let alone speak. Given the past couple of day's events, Teela was trying with all her might not to use the Neo Enhancer in an attempt to slowly break herself away from its addictive hold.


' How I wish I could use it now though … I'm beginning to lose myself in him once again … '


() Use what Teela? ()


Terror gripped the young Eternian's heart. She had momentarily forgotten that Adam was now able to read minds like Kakarotto. And that meant her secret was in danger of being brought out in the open. So she quickly tried to put up the mental wall she learned through hours of meditation, in an attempt to protect her shameful secret.


' Get out of my mind and just leave me alone!! … ' Teela screamed as she began to cry because of the shame she felt from her addiction.

()Why? There's obviously something wrong with you. When it comes to people I love Teela I will never leave them alone. Now, what is this thing you say you wish you had? () He asked sternly.


' You don't truly love me! ' She said bitterly.


()How can … -- ()

' Shut up!! I don't want to hear any of your sorry excuses! True love would never hide the truth about who they really are. True love would never play with the person they say they love feelings for their own twisted gain. You have never loved me and never will! So do me a favor and stay out of my life forever!! ' She screamed as tears were streaming down her face.


Adam didn't respond, but only let out an exasperated mental sigh. He continued to kiss Teela for about another minute before deciding to break the embrace and float them both back down to the floor. Teela's face was red and flustered with embarrassment. She just stared at him in disbelief at his surprising actions.


"You're still as stubborn and foolish as before, but … it was a fantastic kiss, even if it may be the last one we share together …" Adam said smiling warmly at her.


Teela quickly tried to regain her composure before any more embarrassment came her way. She quickly tried to wipe the tears from her eyes before having to face the others, who would definitely inquire the reason for them.


"My proposal was serious Teela ... Don't give into your foolish misguided hate and turn me down without even thinking it through."


"Got to ... --"


"Why curse me? ... Are you saying not even a small part of you is considering saying yes to me?"


"No! Can't you get it through that thick skull of yours that I want nothing more to do with you?!" She screamed as the tears began falling once again.


"Liar ... in the time I was gone, you may have learned to put up a mental wall, so to protect your thoughts, but you haven't constructed it so that it's impenetrable. When you get flustered, you leave a gaping hole in which someone such as myself can enter and sift through some of your thoughts."


In response to his statement, Teela calmly reached down to the floor where her staff lay, picked it up and swung it with evil intent, connecting violently with the side of Adam's head.


"I know how you're fighting with yourself over my proposal. I also know how you're craving something ... something you feel ashamed of desiring," Adam said calmly.


"Shut up!!" Teela screamed as she began to strike Adam's head over and over again with her staff.


The strikes however, had no effect as the nineteen year old just bore them without even the slightest flinch. Everyone looked on at the scene with great concern as it was greatly disturbing in their minds.


First, the Adam before them, was no longer the same happy go lucky kid they had all come to know and love. The young Prince to them now exuded a confidence, which bordered on cockiness. Ever since his return from being taken by Kakarotto, they had all seen the change but mainly kept quiet about it; other then in private conversations amongst themselves. His attitude towards them was even contemptuous at times. Mainly during light spar sessions, in which he would out right insult their skill and overall work ethic.


Then if that weren't enough, his statement declaring he was going to take over the kingdom caused them all to nearly have a collective coronary, and many still couldn't believe he uttered those words. Insulting during spars were one thing but out right treason is something far more serious and could lead to the young Princes imprisonment or banishment from the kingdom, if true. The Master's did not know what happened to Adam during his time with Kakarotto but whatever happened to him apparently warped his mind, or so they thought. The prospect of having to fight their long time friend disturbed them all but if it came down to it, they would, to protect the King, which is their duty and also to protect Adam from himself.


And then there was Teela. The young captains recent change in attitude had not gone unnoticed. Especially since she exuded an eery kind of peace about her, which made the teenager seem almost surreal. Unnatural, was what many said about her look and also her behavior. All she did most of the day was train relentlessly as if preparing to face someone in mortal combat. If only they had known the truth, that in the depths of her heart, she was indeed planning on committing premeditated murder. Then perhaps they could of helped. Everyone continually asked her if something was the matter, that she seemed wrong some how but Teela cleverly evaded their questions, never revealing the truth no matter how hard she was pushed.


And now everyone's worries for both increased even more as they saw her pounding relentlessly on Adam's skull.


"Teela are you mad?!" Man-At-Arm's screamed. "Stop it!" The scientist said as he tried to run over and stop his adopted daughter from further attacking the Eternian heir.


"No Duncan, I'll stop her," Adam said as he, within the blink of an eye grabbed the staff out of Teela's hand and then tossed it out of the window he was standing by before.


Teela was shocked at his display of speed but didn't linger on it long, as she connected with a punch to his jaw. Unfazed, Adam just continued to smile at her, like she was the most precious thing to him on the planet.


"Father … I will give you until noon tomorrow to change your mind. And if you don't … then I will have no other choice but to seize control and uproot you as King. I will then rule Eternia with Teela and mother at my side."


"Adam …" Marlena started to respond to her son's statement but was too choked up with sadness to continue.


"You crazy, psychotic son of a b… --"


"Do not curse at me Teela, you know how I hate that," Adam said in a deadly tone.


"You deserve it!" She screamed into his face. " Only some sort of psychotic Skeletor like bastard would behave in the manor your acting! I guess his ways run in the family after all ... "


Teela's comment was dripping with malice which everyone in the room easily picked up on. Adam just gave her a piercing stare and quickly tried to check his temper, as it was quickly rising after being compared to his hated uncle.


"How can you even begin to criticize me?! You who walk around like some sort of zombie have the nerve to call me psychotic? You who hate me for no reason are calling me crazy? Woman you have some nerve … "


"And you Prince, have some nerve risking the lives of innocent people for whatever twisted plan you have concocted in that warped mind of yours! Maybe I am a crazy psycho, but at least I'm not putting people in danger by my actions." Teela said with contempt.


Adam didn't respond immediately, for he couldn't, as a wave of guilt swept over him. Followed by his own ever-present insecurities and doubts about his plan.


"Nothing to say Prince? Well I … -- "


"No I can talk …"


"Well then, what do you have to say?!"


"As I said before, what's done is done …"


"What kind of … -- "


"Shut up Teela, I'm getting tired of hearing your mouth! What's done is done, learn to deal with it!" Adam rudely replied, as he was on the verge of losing complete control of his emotions.


"Deal with this!" Teela said as she reared back her fist ready to deliver another punch to his jaw.


When he first struck Teela in the palace courtyard, Adam fought hard with himself not to derive pleasure from inflicting pain, from exacting revenge. But now as he saw her fist draw back, the feeling wanting her to pay for the years of insults were once again rearing it's ugly head.


"Don't Teela, or you will be very, very sorry …" He said in a deadly tone.


"Don't try to intimidate me, I'm not scared of you … -- "


Never did Adam think it would happen again. Never did he think the incident, which caused the rift between himself and his love would repeat itself. But the truth, sad as it was, was now undeniably before him.


' I-I can't believe I ... I ... '


Teela now laid motionless, sprawled out on the floor. She appeared dead, but after a few seconds she slowly sat up clutching her cheek, and in a state of shock. She looked up into Adam's eyes with a look of pain and betrayal, which easily broke his heart.


' Struck her again ... dear GOD what have I done?! ... '


Teela slowly picked herself up off the floor. The sixteen year old kept her head bowed as she rose, refusing to look Adam in the face. Everyone in the room was shocked at what happened and even though they wanted to say something, no one uttered a word.


"I hope everyone now sees the truth? ... " She said sadly. "I hope everyone now sees what type of person your beloved Prince truly is? ..." Teela said in a whisper, but because of the crypt like quietness in the room, everyone heard it as if the words were shouted out.


Adam remained silent, as he was still in a state of disbelief over what just took place. He gazed upon his right hand almost in a trance, realizing his moment of weakness, might of cost him any hope of reconciling with his one true love.


"I am such a fool. A fool for secretly believing you would never hurt me like this again. I will admit I deserved the first hit and what happened in the forest, I probably deserved that also. But, did I deserve this?" Teela said turning her head to the left, showing Adam his handy work.


Blood was running from the bottom of her eye down to her chin. The sight of her blood caused the young warrior to be overwhelmed with guilt. But what really stood out and made Adam's heart ache was the large purple bruise stretching from her swelling eye down to her cheek.


"This is why I need to use ... to use ... " Teela stopped, just narrowly avoiding revealing her shameful secret.


Adam gave her a questioning glare as he could sense she was definitely hiding something.


' But there's no way she would tell me what it is after what I've done to her. Teacher was right, I do lack control of my emotions. Why didn't I take his warnings more seriously when we were training?! '


"Have you no shame you bastard?! Have you any idea how much you've hurt me?! Don't you care enough to even answer me?!" Teela said sounding like she was on the verge of tears.


"I care Teela, possibly more then you may ever know ..."


"I find that hard to believe! You don't hurt someone you care about like how you've hurt me!" Teela screamed as she began to openly cry.


"Do you remember my words to you in your room?"


"You said a lot of things, or I should say a lot of lies," Teela said with contempt.


"Let me refresh your memory and also fill everyone in on the cause of some of our troubles. You have hurt me a lot also. All those insult's took there toll on me. I may of acted happy go lucky every time you said them. But they felt like you were hitting me with a boulder. How would you feel if your childhood friend talks to you like you're dirt? And now Teela on top of that, you have become twisted and tainted … manipulative and a liar ..."


"Shut up!!" Teela screamed through tears.


"No … I hurt you and I'm sorry. There is no excuse for what I've done and if you let me I will try and make it up to you. But, you have to be honest with me about what has happened to you ever since I returned to Eternia. You're just a shell of yourself. The Teela I knew wouldn't hide behind some mask."


"I said shut up!! After what you've done you have no right to talk to me that way!!"


"I have every right and will talk to you as I choose. What are you hiding that you don't want to be found out? What is it Teela?"


"Why won't you leave me alone?! " Teela screamed as her body started trembling with anger.


"Because I love you … regardless of whether you believe I do or not."


Teela had finally reached her breaking point. Running over to a nearby guard, she tried to grab his sword. But when he resisted, she kicked him in the groin, causing the helpless protector to fall to the floor clutching himself in excruciating pain. Grabbing his sword, she ran back to Adam's position, eyes blazing with murderous intent.


"You can't be serious? …" Adam said as he jumped out of the way of the charging warrior.


"Shut up and lets end this, end us!! …" Teela said as she once again sprung at her childhood friend, undeterred by her earlier miss.


Adam at first had a quizzical look, but as Teela neared his expression turned cold and emotionless.


"Why? ..." Adam asked as he casually blocked Teela's strike with his right index finger.


The young captain tried with all her might to move his finger but quickly she found it immovable.


"What are you made out of stone?!" The enraged Eternian spat out.


Adam didn't reply, he only continued to block strike after strike from his estranged love. The pair continued to duel, while everyone looked on in horror. Nightmare, was the word some used for what was taking place. Impossible, was another. Regardless though, the events that were taking place disturbed everyone.


After five minutes, Teela had managed to corner Adam by the window he was standing by before. He continued to casually block her attacks all the while trying to pry an answer to his previous question.


"Stop stalling and just tell me. You know how I can get Teela, I will hound you over and over again until you reveal to me what I want to know." The young Prince said as he blocked another thrust meant to decapitate him and then sent an invisible wave of energy from his eyes, causing Teela to be knocked back several feet.


Teela knelt on one knee, as the Ki attack left her partially dazed. After a few seconds she regained her bearings and stared at Adam hatefully.


"So you want a reason? ... Huh?! " Teela spat as she slowly rose to her feet.


Adam simply nodded his head, as he had a feeling what she was about to do.


"It's quite simple ... I just hate you!!" Teela screamed as she charged, with the sword hanging by her side, scraping the floor as she ran.


Adam just shook his head and smirked slightly as he saw her charging. Using his fantastic speed he dodged her diagonal strike and reappeared directly behind her. Pushing her forcefully in the back. He caused her to lose her balance, stumble and fly straight out the window.


"No!!" Man-At-Arms screamed. "Adam, what have you done?!" He asked as he saw his daughter apparently fall to her death.


"Calm yourself Duncan she's okay. Teela's far too resourceful to die in that fashion. Isn't that right Teela?! …"


A few seconds passed with no answer. Only the sound of thunder could be heard as everyone looked on expectantly, hoping Adams words were true.


"I said isn't that right Teela?! Or would you like to hang out there until I return tomorrow afternoon?!"


"Shut up!! …" Teela screamed as she dangled by her left hand from a small crevice two feet down from the windowsill.


Adam smiled as he heard her response and turned to face everyone in the room.


"I'm sorry you all had to hear and see myself and Teela's problems. You all have enough stress in your lives or you will very soon …"Adam said sadly.


"I ask that you leave her out there for a few minutes to let her cool down. She will be all right, she's very strong and should have no problem holding on for whatever length of time you choose to leave her hanging."


Adam then turned his attention solely to his father, to which the King responded by giving his son a sad and disappointed look.


"Father, tomorrow when I return I pray you will change your mind. Think about what I've said very carefully …"


"I have and the answer will still be no …" Randor said sadly.


"Then … I expect all of you to do your duty as defenders. Protect the King with every breath and bit of energy you have. For tomorrow, regardless of your efforts, a new King of Eternia will be crowned … "


Before anyone had the chance to reply, the prince of Eternia disappeared, leaving everyone completely dumbfounded. After a few seconds they quickly regained their composure and began to question the King and also discuss among themselves what to do about their dire situation.


"Your majesty … --"


"No need Duncan, I understand the situation and also what might happen. He is my son, but not even for him will I risk this planet. Something or one has bewitched him. I pray that reason will work tomorrow for all of our sakes and Eternia's … but if not … then … then we must use whatever means necessary to stop him, even if it means his life … " Randor wanted to say more, but was cut off as his wife suddenly fainted, after hearing the last part of his statement.


(())(())(())(())


Outside, Adam floated casually in midair as he gazed upon a drenched and extremely irate woman. He used his Ki to produce a shield to keep out the torrential rain, but only kept it around himself, which only added to his loves anger towards him.


"You look even more beautiful with your hair and body drenched. It makes you look wild and exotic," Adam said giving her a playful wink.


Teela raised the sword in her right hand above her head and tried to swing at him but as she brought it down, the piece of metal suddenly glowed a bright blue then disintegrated.


"Now before you act up further, remember where you're at. One false move and you will fall to your death."


Even though the young captain wasn't thinking completely straight, she still had enough of her common sense to realize any other attempt to attack Adam while she hung on the ledge might indeed lead to her death. So uncharacteristic to her straightforward nature, she just let out a huge sigh and hung her head in defeat.


"You win ... do whatever you want ..." She said dejected.


"You act like I want to rape or abuse you. What happened earlier was a mistake and I beg you now for your forgiveness ..." Adam said as he floated closer to her so that they were now only inches apart.


"Just like Grayskull was a mistake? And that lie about my mother? Were those two things just mistakes?! " She spat back bitterly.


"Grayskull was a mistake, whether you choose to believe it or not, I never meant to destroy it. That mother of yours is just as stubborn and hardheaded as you can be at times. If she would of just trusted me, then the castles destruction would not of happened. And before you try to interrupt me, by saying how insane and dangerous my plan is. Please understand that I wouldn't be going through with this if I thought I wouldn't be able to protect Eternia's innocent," Adam said more trying to convince himself then his love.


"And yes, the Sorceress is your mother. Confront Duncan and he will tell you. Or better yet why don't you confront her about it yourself? ..." Adam said as he extended the shield to cover both of them.


"Thank you ..." Teela responded in a somber tone.


In a sudden and perplexing move, Teela let go of the crevice, wrapped her arms around his neck and began to cry bitterly with her head buried into his chest.


"Y-You have to help me Adam! ... I-I ... I'm ... add-addic ... -- "


Before Adam knew what was happening, Teela let go of his neck and started plummeting towards the ground. Within a nanosecond Adam reached her and slowly floated to the ground with her cupped in his arms like she was a small child.


"No ... let me die ... I can't live being this anymore! ... " She said looking at him with pleading eyes.


Adam was confused as he heard her plea. Never did he think that whatever was troubling her was so severe that she would try committing suicide just to get away from it.


"Why did you try to kill yourself? … What can't you be anymore? ..." Adam said softly.


"You need to stop me from ... from ..." Teela stopped herself scared at the possible response Adam would give if she told him the whole truth.


Slightly squirming, an indication she wanted to be put down. Teela flopped to the ground the instant Adam honored her request.


"You must strike me down before I cause anymore harm. Someone ... may die because of me. You must strike me down before that happens ... "


"Never will I do that," He said giving her a look, which asked if she was insane.


"Then you truly don't love me ... If your love for me were truly boundless which you say, then you would grant me my request. Spare me from any further pain in this life. Let me die with at least some dignity ... Strike me down, and you will show in that one act all your love."


Adam swore she had gone mad. But at the same time his heart broke upon hearing her suicidal words. Staring at her kneeling form, he just looked at her in disbelief as the rain continued to fall on the shield covering them both.


"Adam please ..."


"Where has your heart gone?! Why do you want to take the cowards way out?! " He said visibly upset with her depressed tone.


"Don't preach to me! Just do it!"


"I'm not preaching about anything. I'm only concerned for your safety."


"Then end it, end me! … You don't understand Adam I must die, or something bad will happen to someone … -- "


"Why will something bad happen to this person? You have to be honest with me Teela if you want my help. Tell me what is happening to you? Then … I will help you. But if you aren't then there is nothing I can do for you …"


Teela just gave him a nervous stare as she contemplated whether to reveal the whole truth or not. She knew Adam would never help her to commit suicide and frankly she didn't want to commit it. All she wanted was her suffering to stop, and in a moment of weakness she thought the taking of her life would be the best option. But now as she gazed into his eyes, the guilt of the pain her death would cause everyone she cared about and also who cared about her, was piercing the teenager down to her very soul.


' That's not me, I'm … I'm not a quitter …'


Slowly picking herself up from off the ground, Teela gave Adam a weak smile, before turning her back to him and started walking towards the Palace entrance.


"Where are you going?" He asked grabbing her right arm.


Teela stopped the instant he touched her. She was going to resist but frankly had no strength to do so. In fact she barely had the strength to walk. The only thing keeping her going at the moment was her refusal to show any more weakness in front of him. So letting out an exasperated sigh, she tried her best to reassure Adam of her mental stability.


"Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything …" She said weakly.


"I can't take that risk. You will stay with me tonight, so I can keep an eye on you."


"Look Adam ... What happened was a mistake. Everything that happened today was a mistake. From my attacking you to my attempted suicide. I'm better now and am thinking much clearer then I did before. I give you my word ... that I will not do anything."


Even though in his heart Adam believed her, he was still afraid to let her be by herself. Teela, seeing his hesitant look, again tried to reassure him and after some deep thought found the perfect way to do so.


"I will consider your proposal … just let me think about it alone and hopefully I will give you an answer soon ..."


"Hopefully? …"


"Yes … I can't assure you of an answer. What your asking is an incredibly huge step for me to make, you must see that, but … -- "


"But you will consider it … or should I say just give it a passing thought ... " Adam said sadly.


"No ... I promise and swear by everything I cherish, that I will think every word of your proposal over carefully," Teela said turning to face him with a small smile.


"Do you hate me like you said before? ..." Adam said releasing his vise like grip from her arm.


Teela began to rub and flex her sore arm, trying to get some feeling back into it. Adam lightly chuckled, then apologized for squeezing so hard.


"I should hate you, but I don't ... I'm feeling more exasperated over everything and how we've acted towards each other lately. It's not right, from either of us …"


"I agree, the way we've both been acting has been childish and is beneath both of us. "


Before giving her a chance to respond, Adam reached up with his left hand and gently touched the right side of her cheek.


"What are … -- " Teela stopped as she felt a warm sensation on the area where she was struck.


"I'm just adding onto my earlier apology," he said gently.


Within seconds, the wound on Teela's face was completely healed, without even a hint that she was hurt in the first place. Adam then removed his hand and smiled at her warmly.


"Now you're just as beautiful as before … "


Teela reached up and touched the right side of her face with her right hand and stood there in mild shock. She wasn't expecting Adam to do what he just did nor did she know he had the power to do so. But regardless, she was happy to no longer have the shameful mark on her anymore.


"Thank you …" Teela said as she once again turned her back to him but this time so he wouldn't see her cry.


"No problem …"


Teela then started to walk away, leaving a suddenly glum prince to watch her departure in silence.


()I know you can hear me ... now is the time she needs her mother. Your duty as guardian of Grayskull is over. So there is no excuse for you not being involved in her life anymore. ()


Adam waited for a reply, but none came. As the storm increased, so did his anger over the Sorceresses apparent quietness.


()I swear to you Sorceress, if anything happens to her between now and tomorrow, your ashes will liter every corner of Eternia! ... You hear me?! Every corner!! ()


(())(())(())(())


As Teela entered the Palace, the guards on duty just gave their captain a strange look as she walked in soaked from head to toe and with a scowl, which promised extreme pain if someone dared to say anything to her.


After a couple of minutes, she reached the throne room, shocking everyone by her sudden appearance. Taking a few minutes to cleverly explain what happened outside the window. Making sure to leave out her suicide attempt. Teela left everyone somewhat satisfied that she was no longer upset and that her actions were an unfortunate overreaction to some stress her and Adam's relationship was going through lately. She even apologized to the King and the now conscious Queen, then kneeled in front of them, swearing an oath to never again repeat her shameful behavior. The oath served to add more believability to her halfhearted proclamation. And caused everyone to at the very least to have one less worry.


Asking to be excused, Teela left the Master's and the King to further ponder on a solution to Adam's threat. Entering her room, she plopped down on her bed and instantly broke down like she did with Adam and began to cry bitterly.


' I am so weak and feeble … crying like a child … I can't even control my emotions anymore! … Unless I take …'


Teela immediately sat up and reached behind her headboard, and removed the small silver box taped there, containing the Neo Enhancers.


' These evil things!! ' Rearing back her right hand. Teela tried to throw the box out of her open window but found she couldn't drive herself to do so.


"Why?! …" She screamed right before slumping back down on her bed, clutching the small silvery box like she was afraid to lose it.


Even though she was speaking to no one other then herself. The young captain hoped that someone or thing would give her an answer to why she couldn't part with the drug which was slowly ruining her life. But in her heart Teela knew the reason, even though she hated to admit it to herself.


' Weak and feeble … So much so I couldn't stop that strange being from placing that first disk on me. And now, I can't even stop myself from using it …'


Teela then reached underneath her pillow and took out a small dagger she kept there in case of emergencies. Looking at the small weapon like it had her in a trance, Adam's love slowly brought the weapon up to her throat, preparing to end all her pain and suffering.


' This is for the best … now at least, I won't have to kill Evil-Lyn to continue in my shame. '


With her hand slightly trembling, Teela applied a small amount of pressure, causing a small cut on the right side of her throat.


' For the best … Adam and everyone will understand … they will …un …'


The sound of the Dagger hitting the stone floor echoed slightly throughout the room. Teela stared blankly out the window, wishing, praying this nightmare she was in would end. That someone or thing, would come and snuff out her lamp in the world and bring freedom from her pain.


' I can't take my own life ...no-matter what, I can't become that cowardly …But what I wouldn't give for Skeletor to launch a surprise attack and start by blowing away my room …with me in it … '


"I'm glad you came to your senses, I would of hate for you to share the med bed next to mine ..."


Even though surprised by the voice, Teela didn't turn to see who was speaking to her, as she recognized the voice instantly.


"How did you get in here? …" Teela asked not moving her gaze from the storming sky.


"I have my ways …"


Still dressed in an all white hospital gown. The female wizard walked over and sat next to her estranged daughter.


"You should be recovering in the infirmary … It's dangerous for you to be up and about so soon after almost being killed."


"Perhaps … but, I felt I needed to see you …" She said a bit uneasy, remembering Adam's threatening message.


"What about? …" Teela asked a bit nervous.


"Well … what almost happened just now is one reason and also a few other things."


"Oh ..." Teela said bowing her head in shame.


"So … your torment has grown to the point where you would try to run away from it all by taking your own life?" The Sorceress said sadly.


Teela said nothing. She kept her head down, giving no acknowledgment she heard her mothers question.


"This is my fault ... I should of seen this coming and informed Man-At-Arms what was happening earlier. Then, perhaps your addiction on that drug could have been dealt with sooner."


Teela sharply turned her head, giving her mother a shocked look.


"Y-You knew? ..."


"Yes ... and to my great shame and continued failure as your mother ... I did nothing about it. And now, you've been driven to the brink of suicide because of my failure to act."


Teela tried to find something to say. Anything would of done, to replace the blank stare she was giving the Sorceress.


"I ran away from my duty as a mother, like a coward ... And I beg you now for your forgiveness ..."


Teela just continued to stare at her in shock. The teenager swore she must be dreaming, or that the Sorceress was merely joking. But as she continued to look into her mothers eyes, Teela could see the pain, along with the looks of shame and regret written all over the Sorceresses face. Her heart sank, realizing the revelation she thought Adam told her out of spite, was indeed true.


"Why? ..." Teela said, as it was the only thing coherent she could manage at the moment.


"I told you ... I was a coward. The realization of being a single mother and on top of that being the Guardian of Castle Grayskull became overwhelming to me. I used my duty to run away from my responsibilities and dumped my burden on Man-At-Arms ..."


"Is he my real father? ..."


"No ... I met your father during the time of The Great Unrest. At that time the walls of Grayskull were becoming confining, I needed to get away, so I left for a while. I took the form of a girl and wandered the countryside, eventually arriving at Phalysia where the villagers welcomed me warmly. I was at peace until a warlord named Prahvus attacked the village. I did my best to defend the villagers and eventually defeated and drove off Prahyus and his minions. Then one day the villagers brought an injured and amnesiac warrior to the village. I personally looked after him and after some recovery, he regained consciousness. From there, we began to talk and spend more and more time with one another. Eventually love grew between us which led to other things ..."


"You mean lead to me ..." Teela said becoming a bit agitated.


The Sorceress could feel Teela's anger growing, a reaction she perfectly understood and expected to happen. But it was time her daughter knew the truth and despite the possible backlash, she continued on with her tale.


"Yes ... if you want to put it that way. But to continue ... One day after returning from picking berries. The villagers informed me he had left without a word ... I figured his memory must have returned and his duty as a soldier beckoned for him to return to his comrades and the battle. I tried to wait as long as I could for him to return. But the Elders were calling out for me and I was forced to leave and return to my post."


"Who is he?" Teela asked bluntly.


"Since he had amnesia, I never knew his name."


"Yet you two fell in love despite hardly knowing each other? Sounds more like blind lust to me. And because of your selfish indulgence and lack to properly carryout your duty. You had a bastard child, which you quickly dumped on someone else," Teela snapped back, giving her mother a hateful glare.


"I won't argue, because what you say is true. I wanted to feel alive and leaving Grayskull at that time and meeting your father made me feel that way. I-I felt for the first time in years like a true woman. I know what I did was wrong and you're the result of my selfishness but ... -- "


"But what?!!" Teela screamed into her mothers face.


The Sorceress to her credit did not answer her daughter back. She sat still and just absorbed the verbal abuse her daughter began to afflict on her. Ten minutes passed and the former guardian of Grayskull was still taking a verbal beating from her only child.


' I knew the backlash would be severe, so I shouldn't be surprised by her behavior. Even though I never thought she knew this type of language. '


For another ten minutes Teela continued her verbal barrage, until finally stopping once she saw tears were forming in the Sorceresses eyes.


"Don't start with those crocodile tears! I know you don't … -- "


"I care for you … I may of failed you as a mother Teela, but I do care. If not why would I of come here and subject myself to this? I … I want to make things right between us. But, now I'm wandering if that's even possible."


"You darn right it's impossible!! I want nothing to do with you!! Nothing!!"


"I see …" The Sorceress said as she stood up and started walking towards the door.


"Perhaps I should of let Adam kill me instead of taking this gamble. Maybe death would have been a better option then hearing your words? … I do love you … even if you refuse to believe it," Teela-Na said sadly.


With that said, the Sorceress exited the room, leaving her daughter staring at the door hatefully. The young Eternian continued to stare at the door for another few minutes, before letting out a heavy sigh and lying back down on her bed. A guilt worse then anything she had ever felt before gripped her heart, for she knew even though her mother may of deserved such treatment. Coming from her own child was wrong, against the way she had been raised and also all that was good and true.


(())(())(())(())


Around five am the next morning, Evil-Lyn sat cross-legged on the cold floor of the gravity room, in silence, with her head bowed, trying to tap into the latent power, which was hidden within her. The Eternian Witch also was dawning a new outfit. Kakarotto had provided for her the standard garb of a Vimochian E class soldier. An all gray Gi similar to his own. The outfit of new recruits into the Vimochian army or those wishing to learn how to properly defend themselves.


"Remember Evelyn, try to feel your power, then pull it out like you were pulling on a rope," Kakarotto said as he was sitting on the floor two feet across from her.


"I'm trying but it's so hard," she said as large beads of sweat were pouring down her face.


"This is only the beginning, things will only get harder after you have mastered this," he said with a small smile.


"You still haven't told me who you are, or where you hail from?" Evil-Lyn said hoping the change in subject would allow her a slight break.


"That's right, you should at least know what you're getting yourself into. Take a break for a few minutes and I will answer your questions."


"Good ..." She said giving a sigh of relief, before suddenly flopping back, sprawled out on the floor while breathing heavy.


"I can't believe sitting there took so much out of me. I feel like I fought Skeletor's minions all over again," she said in-between gasps.


"That's only happening because you're not accustomed to summoning your power. When you get more comfortable doing so it won't bother you at all."


"I hope … now, who are you?" She said raising herself back upright.


Evil-Lyn tried her best to give him a penetrating stare but Kakarotto just laughed at her attempted intimidation.


"I am Kakarotto … " He said with a smirk.


"I know that you pompous b … -- "


"King, of the Vimochian Empire," Kakarotto's smile grew even more as he saw the look of shock on her face.


"Y-You're a king? …" She asked after regaining some of her composure.


"Yes …"


"And Seih?"


"Seih is the chief scientist of the kingdom and the most brilliant scientific mind I have ever met."


"And? …"


"And what? I've already told you she was once a student of mine, there's nothing more then that."


"She isn't your Queen? ... " Evil-Lyn asked hoping the answer would be no.


"No … not yet at least …"


"What does that mean?" She asked with a hint of fear in her voice.


"It means … she may one day be queen. In fact, she will be queen … Enough about Seih though, I thought you wanted to know about me," he said giving her a warm smile.


Evil-Lyn returned his smile but in her heart it was anything but a happy rosy moment. She was being tormented with jealousy and hatred over what Kakarotto told her about Seih becoming his queen. She swore that could not happen, she would never allow it to happen. He was hers, as she saw it and she had every intention to keep him no matter the cost.


"You're right … I will keep my questions focused on you and not on unimportant people," she said with contempt.


Kakarotto quickly picked up on it and sighed within himself. He kicked himself mentally for telling her about Seih becoming queen. But a part of him felt she should know what would undeniably happen once they returned to Vimoche.


"So Vimochian, are all people on your planet as powerful as you and that scientist woman?"


"Well, first thing I'm not Vimochian. My race is called Saiya-jin. And no, not everyone on Vimoche is as powerful as Seih and myself. Mainly those in the military are the strongest warriors."


"I see … Tell me more about your race then."


"We are the supreme warrior race. Some would even call us the supreme creation of all that has been created. We are fighters and conquers. Living for the joys of battle and facing anyone or thing that dares oppose us. We are the most feared beings, which brought even the mightiest warriors to their knees, before they died a merciless death. "


"So that's why you're so powerful."


"Yes … well one reason, but it is the main."


"So why have I never heard of these Vimochians or Saiya-jins? I've never been of this world, but I'm sure in some annals of Eternian history one or both would have been mentioned. Many of the ancient Mages used their power to learn about the Universe we live in. I find it hard to believe that those two races would escape mention?"


"I'm not from this Universe Evelyn. If you want to know the truth ... I'm actually here on vacation," he said with a chuckle.


"V-Vacation?!" She asked with a mixture of skepticism and shock.


"Even a ruler needs to take a break once and a while. Seih had just finished work on her latest invention. And I used the dimensional gate she built to travel to your beautiful world. I must say, I've had a ball so far. Between yourself, Skeletor and the rest of the assorted characters on this world I've been kept thoroughly entertained."


"So I'm just a plaything to you? … One to use then throwaway, like t-that woman said I was? … " Evil-Lyn asked sadly.


"How can you even think that? If I saw you as an object, wouldn't I of ravaged you when you so discreetly offered yourself to me? Don't be foolish woman! Do you have any idea the criticism I'm opening myself up to by bringing you back with me to Vimoche?"


"You mean from those who would talk about the king, who befriended a dark Sorceress?"


"Exactly …so stop talking foolishness!" He said become a bit agitated.


"Sure ..." She said solemnly. "I take it sorcery isn't accepted on your world?" Evil-Lyn asked trying to get the topic back unto Kakarotto.


"Not the dark arts but there are those who become Sages Of The Light or The Wizards Of Heaven. If a person wants to continue practicing magic, then they would enroll in either one of those two schools."


"Do you know any magic? Or has everything you've shown so far only been this Ki you've been telling me about?"


"Ki, but I do know small amounts of magic. Just some simple matter manipulation tricks which I've picked up over the years of being king."


"So which is more powerful?"


"Ki is the energy we as living beings have inside us. Some call it spirit energy or life force power. Magic as you know is more supernaturally inclined. But for certain individuals who know how to manipulate their power. Ki can become far more powerful then magic ever could. So, I guess I'm saying Ki is more powerful once cultivated properly."


"Amazing … truly amazing … I can't wait to learn more ..." She said with a hint of excitement in her voice.


"You will love it Evelyn. And I'm positive you will grasp the concept of Ki in no time at all."


"How did you come to rule Vimoche? And what of your people, do they accept you being king of a different world?"


"Fortunately my people are no more, except for myself and five others."


"Fortunately? …"


"Yes … imagine a race full of beings almost as powerful as me, only not near as 'nice', then you will understand why I said fortunately," he said with a smirk.


"Oh …" Evil-Lyn said giving Kakarotto a knowing look, showing she understand what he was getting at. " How did they meet their fate then? Disease, collaborated attack by their enemies, or some other kind of catastrophic event? "


"The last … a being named Frieza wiped them out. You see, they use to work for him. You could compare Frieza to some of the warlord's you have here, except he was on a galactic scale. He was a planet trader. He would send his men down to a planet, have them wipe out the dominant race and then sell the planet for a hefty fee to other races looking for a new home."


"That's … terrifying and ingenious all at the same time," Evil-Lyn said in a bit of shock.


"Yes, in a way it was. But to continue. The Saiya-jins were his most loyal servants and carried out every mission with near perfection."


"So why? … "


"Because he was scared ..." Kakarotto said with a cocky smirk. "Scared they would become powerful enough to overthrow him. So one day he finally decided to eliminate them, so he wouldn't have to worry about us anymore."


"His army must have been enormous to defeat them?"


Kakarotto hesitated for a moment thinking over whether to tell her the whole truth. That it was Frieza alone who not only destroyed the Saiya-jin race but did so by turning the entire planet into nothing but space dust. He wondered if she was ready to grasp the idea of beings possessing such power.


"Yeah, he did have an incredibly huge army ... But even after his attempted genocide, he was eventually killed by a Saiya-jin," Kakarotto said with a proud look.


"How did you survive? Were you the one that killed him?"


"Before he attacked, I was shipped off to the planet Earth, so I escaped the purging. The son of the prince eventually killed him, thankfully ridding the Universe of a great evil."


"I know you must of wished you fought him. To seek revenge yourself for your people."


"I did fight him and left the fool trembling in fear. The only reason Trunks was the one to have the honor of destroying him was because I chose to show Frieza mercy. About a year after I let him live, he came to Earth looking for me. Trunks though, got to him first and finished what I started."


"Mercy? … Why? Why would you do that to someone that destroyed your race?" She asked in a bit of shock.


"Son Goku was in charge of this body at that time. He was merely satisfied with crushing Frieza's pride. I will admit, seeing Frieza trembling in fear was far more satisfying then seeing him dead."


"That's right, he use to be in charge. How did that happen? And this planet Earth, were you sent there to destroy the inhabitants?"


"I was sent to Earth when I was nothing more then a baby. In those days I was cared for by an old hermit who found me crying in a clearing a little while after my ship crashed. At first I was very unruly and almost drove the old man insane. But one day, during a walk in the woods, I fell out of the basket he was carrying me in and bashed my head against a sharp rock. After that incident I developed amnesia and lost my aggressive nature. Instead I became good-natured. Not wanting to hurt a soul, well not without reason," he said with a small chuckle.


"So Goku came about because of that? Don't you find that strange? I could understand amnesia but a totally different personality?"


"Yes I did … but, it was actually for the better that he was in charge during those times. The population of the Earth would have been certainly destroyed if he weren't. And I most likely wouldn't have the knowledge of fighting and power like I do now."


"You were a baby, how would of it been possible for you to wipe out an entire civilization?" She asked in shock at Kakarotto's statement.


"All I will say is that even the babies of my race were not defenseless …" Kakarotto stated flatly, as he had sworn long ago no one would find out about Oozaru. For he knew if they did, then the fear most had for him now would grow to ridiculous heights which might cripple his kingdom.


A feeling of dread suddenly came over the Eternian Witch. She believed everything Kakarotto told her up to that point. But his last statement she found impossible to believe. Yet, her intuition, which hardly ever stirred her wrong, was telling the former Mistress Of Evil Kakarotto's words were the truth.


' A race of being's so powerful that even the children are capable of destroying entire civilizations. What indeed have I gotten myself into? Now I think I understand why the Sorceress was so worried about him. '


"Are you okay Evelyn? You look a little flustered."


"I-I'm fine … let … let's go on to a different subject, " she said giving him a weak smile.


"Okay … " Kakarotto said looking at her suspiciously.


"Where did you disappear to before, before my fight?"


"I thought you also wanted to know how I came to rule a kingdom?"


"I figured that out already … I don't need to hear the story."


"Oh really? … How do you think I came to rule Vimoche then?" He asked with a smirk.


"Through power … Undeniable and unmatchable power …"


Kakarotto just smiled, then nodded his head, showing her guess was indeed right.


"They didn't stand a chance. I have the feeling no one would stand a chance against you …"


"Maybe … only Patamowos is truly undefeatable Evelyn. But I'm the closest thing to it other then him."


"This Patamowos, who or what is he? Is he truly a god?"


"No ... he is not a god but God himself. Creator of all, master of all. God of gods, King of kings, Lord of lords, and any other majestic title a being could have," Kakarotto said with a smile.


"You don't find it upsetting someone is more powerful then yourself? From what I know about you so far and what you told me about your race. You strike me as someone who would never serve anyone that surpasses you in terms of power."


"You are very observant, it's one of the things I like about you," he said giving her a playful wink. " But with Patamowos, it doesn't matter whether I accept it or not. The Supreme Being cannot be matched."


"And you're positive this being is the Supreme Creator?"


"Positive …as you said, why would a being such as myself, subject himself to anyone?"


"I see ... does the whole populace believe in him?"


"Just about, and you will to after some time ..."


Evil-Lyn suddenly moved from her position on the floor and started crawling on all fours towards her new master. Kakarotto watched as she approached looking at him like a lion stalking its prey.


"I think I already do. For who else then the ultimate creator could of made such a marvelous looking man like yourself ... " She said giving Kakarotto a mischievous grin.


Kakarotto simply shook his head while letting out a small chuckle. Their lips were now only a couple of inches apart but the gap was soon bridged as Evil-Lyn kissed him softly on the lips. After a few seconds she slowly pulled away with a contented smile plastered on her face.


"Persistent aren't we? ..."


"Always ..."


"At least you kept your clothes on this time."


"That could change if ... -- " Evil-Lyn stopped as she saw Kakarotto's hard stare.

The two were now engaged in a stare down which neither planned on losing. Half an hour passed with the two still locked in their battle of nerve. Another half hour soon passed on top of that and Evil-Lyn was finally beginning to show signs of wearing down.


"Okay, okay I will behave," she said sitting back down cross-legged on the floor, while rubbing her burning, watery eyes.


"Good … now to answer your other question. I left to train A … -- " Kakarotto stopped as he considered if seeing the results of what he did might be better then just telling her.


"Why did you stop?"


"Within a couple of days you will see ..." He said deciding that seeing Adam's potential would better benefit her.


"Why not tell me now?"


"Because it will be better if you see your future with your own eyes," Kakarotto said with a smile.


Evil-Lyn gave him a confused look, but decided not to push the issue further. Even though a naturally distrustful person, she trusted him, and knew he wouldn't cause her any harm.


"All right …" She stated calmly. "Guess I will have to wait then ... but I hope this will be good," She said giving him a seductive look


"You will love it, that I promise."


"We'll see …" She said with a wink. "Now, onto more questions


"No more questions, you already know all you need to about me," He stated flatly.


Evil-Lyn thought about arguing, but like before, decided to leave it be. Patience was the word that kept resonating threw her head. Patience which she hoped would eventually result in her gaining all of his knowledge, power and love.


' If I'm patient, then all will be mine ... I just have to be patient and believe ....'


A small smile crept unto her face, which she noted matched the one Kakarotto had on his.


"We are alike you and I. Both seek power and can be ruthless in acquiring it. Don't be to hasty though in your pursuit, or you may fall flat on your face," Kakarotto said giving her a wry smile.


Evil-Lyn's smile soon faded and was replaced instead by a blank stare.


"H-How did you know? I made sure my mind was guarded so you couldn't read my thoughts."


"Weren't you listening? We are alike, I don't have to read your mind to know what that smile meant."


To that Evil-Lyn slowly laid back on the floor and started laughing hysterically. Kakarotto just shook his head before indicating it was time to get back to training.


' I see we're going to have a fun time Kakarotto, more so then either of us would of thought ...'

(())(())(())(())


Noon, and all the Master's stood outside the gates of the Eternian Royal Palace awaiting Adams return. Twelve in all were outside the gate, ready, though reluctantly, to give Adam the king's reply to his ultimatum.


"Must we really do this? Adam is one of us," stated Ram-Man.


"Only if he refuses to see reason, which I pray he will ..." Man-At-Arms said sadly.


"So we're just going to kill him if he refuses to listen?! Even if he has changed he's still Adam, and not someone like Skeletor!"


"I know that Ram-Man! Don't you think this is tearing me up inside as well?! But, we have a duty to perform. One where we swore an oath to defend Eternia from all threats!"


"How is he a threat?! Confused, definitely. But hardly a threat to peace like some of the scum that walks this planet," Ram-Man retorted.


Ram-Man's option was seconded by other's, who didn't share the King's or Man-At-Arms view of the situation.


"Listen to me all of you! We are the defenders of Eternia and all of us have sworn an oaf on our lives to protect our beautiful home from all threats. If Adam has become a threat to Eternia, then we must do whatever it takes to stop him ... If any of you cannot follow through on your duty, then leave now ... "


Man-At-Arms gave a hard stare to everyone, looking, waiting to see if anyone would desert their duty and leave.


"Well said Duncan, my father is truly blessed to have you as a confidant," Adam stated as he slowly came floating down from the sky.


Everyone's heart began to race as Adam touched down. The moment that they all were dreading was now before them. And many knew within themselves they couldn't carry out the King's order.


"I know my father has refused me and as a result has sent you all to give me his reply. Even though he can be blinded by stubbornness at times, he does care about our world and will do whatever he believes is right to protect it. So … do your duty and stop me, if you can …" Adam said with a smirk.


No one moved or said a word. Each Master's heart continued to race and their doubts only increased as Adam spoke.


"Why the hesitancy? You have a duty, a sworn oath to fulfill. Forget I'm your prince …"


"We can't do that Adam. We've been through too much … for too much together to just cast that aside. I can't fight you … and I know the others feel the same way," Buzz-Off said as he came and stood two feet away from where Adam was standing.


"Perhaps if you apologized and abandoned this plan of yours, then I'm sure the King will … --"


Without giving him the chance to finish, Adam raised his right arm and pointed his palm towards the castle. Within a split second, a bowling ball sized ball of blue energy was speeding towards the castle at a frightening rate.


"I suggest one of you stop it before the Palace goes boom …" Adam said coldly.


Without a second thought Man-At-Arms transformed the Automatic Armor on his left arm into a laser canon and fired a bolt of energy to intercept Adam's own. Within seconds the two forms of energy met, causing the sky to become illuminated by a blinding bluish light, followed soon after by a tremendous shock wave, which knocked all the Masters off their feet.


"Now do you all understand? You have no choice but to fight and cast your fears aside. So ... unsheathe your weapons and face me, not as your prince but as an enemy. For the next one I fire won't be so easy to stop," Adam said looking down at them right before his body exploded in a blaze of blue energy.


(())(())(())(())(())(())(())(())


A/N: Sorry to end it so abruptly but I felt starting off a new chapter with Adam and the Masters showdown would be better then putting it at the end of this one. If I would of put it here at the end, it would have been most likely rushed and not be that satisfying. Well, let me know what you all thought. :)