Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ Fare Thee Well ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Aha! I found inspiration for a disclaimer! It was NOT under Nolan (JB). In fact, it came from my Bible I have right beside me at the moment (open in fact). Oh ye of little faith. I doest not own DragonballZ. Nor do I own any characters contained therein. Depart from me ye that do not believe for your believes are false. *shrug* Yes, I know it's corny, but at 4 a.m. I really don't care! ^_^

A/N: Okay, I will now ask you to please forget everything you read in my disclaimer except that I don't own DBZ or anything related. I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. Well, here you are at the last chapter of The Sister Saga. Wow. You must be a dedicated reader to make it so far. (Either that or you have about as much of a life as I do since I am the author of this little piece of stupidity.) I hope this wraps things up satisfactorily. Enjoy!

AT CAPSULE CORPS

Bulma - (knocks on Mikomi's door)

Mikomi - Come in.

Bulma - (opens the door) You just about ready to go?

Mikomi - (nods) Yeah. I'm packing the last of my things.

Bulma - (steps inside and nods) I withdrew you from school today. It would seem you had perfect marks.

Mikomi - (sighs and scratches behind Tiger's ear) I figured as much. This planet is stuck in the dark ages.

Bulma - (frowns) I'm sorry you were so miserable while you were here.

Mikomi - Oh, Bulma. I wasn't miserable. I was home. Bulma, you were the first mother I ever had. How could I be miserable?

Bulma - Mikomi. (hugs her) I'm so glad to know you don't hate me.

Mikomi - (shakes head) Of course not. I'm going to miss you.

Bulma - I'm going to miss you too, but you're more than welcome to come back if you get the chance.

Mikomi - (smiles) Same to you if you ever find yourself on Muse.

Vegeta - (from the doorway) Nice offer, but I don't plan on leaving Earth again.

Bulma - (chuckles) Oh, Vegeta....

Vegeta - (frowns) Stop being so semimetal. It's time to go.

Mikomi - (nods) Okay. C'mon Tiger. (picks up her things)

Vegeta - (leaves)

Bulma - I'm going to get the boys, and then we'll be outta here.

Mikomi - All right. (heads toward the vehicle with her luggage)

Bulma - (goes in the opposite direction to find Chibi Trunks)

Mikomi - (almost walks into Mirai Trunks and looks up in surprise) Mirai? Sorry...I didn't see you.

Mirai - (grins) Don't worry about it. Need a hand?

Mikomi - (smiles) Sure.

Mirai - (takes some luggage) I think you're taking home more than you brought.

Mikomi - I know I'm taking home more than I brought. Gotta love shopping. (smiles)

Mirai - (chuckles) I take it you don't go shopping much at home.

Mikomi - Actually, no. I'm usually too busy training. I have a job to do.

Mirai - (nods) I understand. (looks around uncomfortably) Well...I'm going to miss you.

Mikomi - (smiles sadly) I'm going to miss you too.

Mirai - (seems hesitant) Mikomi, there's something that's been bothering me.

Mikomi - Oh? What is it?

Mirai - (scratches his head nervously) If you were born before Planet Vegeta was destroyed, how can you be only fifteen?

Mikomi - (laughs) Saiyans don't age in our pods while asleep. We're basically dead. So, when Okara and I crash-landed years after Frieza's destruction, I was still an infant. If it weren't for that feature, many Saiyans would have either landed old or dead for their missions with such long distances to cover.

Mirai - Hmm...well, that certainly makes a lot more sense.

Mikomi - (laughs) I'll bet it does.

Chibi Trunks - (runs past laughing)

Bulma - Trunks! (follows in hot pursuit)

Mirai - (laughs) Guess that's our cue.

Mikomi - (nods) I suppose so. (starts walking toward copter) You know, I'm going to miss things like that brat.

Mirai - (nods) I know what you mean. I'll be going home very soon to check in with Mom, and I always miss `em.

Mikomi - (nods) I'm sure.

Vegeta - (growls from chopper) Are we leaving today?

Mikomi - (looks up and nods before climbing in to sit beside Chibi)

Mirai - (follows and they take flight)

A FIELD NEAR THE SONS'

Asuke - (in ship getting ready for take-off)

Gohan - (knocks)

Asuke - Come on in! (putting papers away)

Gohan - (enters) So, I guess you really are leaving. (seems disappointed)

Asuke - (pauses) Well...yeah. We have to report our findings.

Gohan - (quietly) Oh....

Asuke - (frowns) Why did you ask? I'd think you would be overjoyed. You won't have to deal with Mikomi ruining your social life anymore.

Gohan - I guess so.... (hesitates) Do you think you'll ever come back?

Asuke - Well, I don't know. Planet Muse is my home. I like Earth (kinda smiles) and it's people, but I belong with others of my own kind. (stretches her wings for emphasis)

Gohan - (frowns) But what about Mikomi? They aren't her people. The only other Saiyans alive are here on Earth. She just found her brother, and now she has to leave? That isn't fair.

Asuke - (sighs) Yeah, I know, but it's her duty. Of course there will be other missions....

Gohan - Other missions?

Asuke - (nods) Of course. I ran out of storage space and didn't get a quarter of this planet's present life forms documented, not to mention all the history and art here. Someone will have to come back and finish the work.

Gohan - (eyes widen) You mean she might be able to come back to visit?

Asuke - (nods) Yeah, I suppose so. (suddenly smiles) In fact...they'll want at least one of us to come back on the next ship as guides.

Gohan - So, she will come back to visit?!

Asuke - If she wants, I suppose so.

Gohan - And if she wanted to stay?

Asuke - Well, that could probably be arranged too. We'd have a permanent contact here to welcome our crews to this area of the galaxy.

Gohan - (smiles) Thank you, Asuke. Is there anything I can do to help?

Asuke - (smiling, shakes head) No, I think I've got it under control. When everyone gets here, direct them to the ship. We need to leave as soon as possible or we'll miss our window.

Gohan - (nods) Okay then. Thank you, Asuke.

Asuke - (nods) Thank you.

Gohan - (smiles and leaves with a wave)

Asuke - (continues to pack)

AT THE SON HOME

Chi-Chi - (feeding Goten)

Gohan - (walks in)

Chi-Chi - (looks up) Is she ready?

Gohan - (nods) Just waiting on Mikomi now.

Chi-Chi - Good. Now maybe that girl will finally do something right and show up soon.

Gohan - (frowns)

Chi-Chi - Now Gohan- (pauses at the sound of a vehicle)

Goten - Trunks!

Chi-Chi - (sighs) Well, at least they're here now.

Gohan - (steps outside as the Briefs land)

Bulma - (climbs out) So, where's the ship?

Gohan - (points) Behind the house a short ways. We can walk. It's no big.

Bulma - (smiles) Okay.

Mikomi - (carrying bags)

Bulma - (sees Mikomi) Oh dear, I'm sorry. Let me help. (hurries over) Put those bags together. I didn't realize you had so much stuff.

Vegeta and Mirai - (add bags to Mikomi's pile)

Bulma - (encapsules everything and hands it to Mikomi) I'm sorry about that.

Mikomi - (looks at the capsule) What is it?

Bulma - It's a capsule. Call it a gift. Just push the button and toss it to get your things back.

Mikomi - (nods) Thank you.

Bulma - Don't mention it.

Chi-Chi - (frowning) I think it's time you left.

Asuke - (walks up behind Chi-Chi) Yes, or we'll miss our opening.

Mikomi - (nods) Okay. Go on to the ship, and I'll catch up in a minute.

Asuke - All right. (leads the way)

Mikomi - (pockets the capsule) Gohan?

Gohan - (turns to her)

Mikomi - Could you hang on a moment?

Chi-Chi - (starts to object)

Bulma - (grabs Chi-Chi's arm) Leave them alone. Nothing's going to happen. In another ten minutes you'll never see her again, and you can go back to finding the perfect woman for your baby.

Chi-Chi - (sighs and keeps walking with Bulma, glancing over her shoulder at Gohan)

Ox-King - (shakes his head and keeps walking)

Gohan - (walks over to Mikomi) Yes?

Mikomi - (watches everyone go around the house) Well...I guess I'm leaving today....

Gohan - Yeah....

Mikomi - Look, I'm really sorry about everything. I know I haven't exactly made things easy on you. I just wanted to say I'm sorry.

Gohan - (shakes his head) Don't worry about it. You didn't really make anything worse than I did before.

Mikomi - (smiles a little) Thanks, but I know I was a pain.... I'm...going to miss you....

Gohan - (gives a small sad smile) I'm going to miss you too....

Mikomi - (makes up her mind and steps forward to kiss Gohan)

Gohan - (closes his eyes and kisses her back)

Mikomi - (pulls back after a minute) Well, I guess that's it.

Gohan - (smiles) Not necessarily.

Mikomi - Hmm? What do you mean?

Gohan - I mean that you might be able to come back. I spoke with Asuke, and she said there will be more missions. You could come along...and maybe even stay if you like.

Mikomi - (eyes widen and smiles) You're right! I could do that!.... If you'd want me to that is....

Gohan - (smiles) Definitely! (blushes a little)

Mikomi - (smiles) I'll see you then. (pecks his cheek) We should go on now. They're probably waiting on us.

Gohan - (nods) Probably. (they head for the ship)

MEANWHILE

Asuke - (walking around the Son house with everyone else, steps over to Mirai's side) Hey.

Mirai - (gives her a small smile) Hi.

Asuke - Can we...talk for a minute?

Mirai - (nods) Sure thing. (continues walking)

Asuke - I mean...alone.

Mirai - (pauses, slightly surprised and nods) Of course.

Asuke - Goten, you go ahead and lead everyone to the ship. I'll be there in a moment.

Goten - (grins brightly) All right, Asuke! I'll do a good job!

Chibi - If you don't get lost that is.

Goten - Hey! I can lead better than you!

Chibi - Wanna make a bet? (takes off running for the ship)

Goten - (following Chibi) Truuuunks! That's not fair!

Bulma - You boys come back here!!! (everyone runs after the pair)

Asuke - (chuckles as everyone runs away and turns to Mirai) I just wanted to say thank you.

Mirai - Thank you? What for?

Asuke - For everything. You've been very kind to me during my stay, and I really appreciate it.

Asuke - (smiles) I enjoyed it too. (uncomfortable silence)

Mirai - So...do you think you'll ever get out this way again?

Asuke - I don't know. I am pretty sure once our other scientists start looking at all the data I'm bringing back, they'll begin organizing a second expedition.

Mirai - You thinking of volunteering?

Asuke - Well, I am one of our best.... I guess I could if given a good reason.

Mirai - (takes both her hands in his) Anything I can do to convince you?

Asuke - (blushes lightly and smiles) I think you just did.

Mirai - (leans forward) Good. (lightly presses their lips together)

Asuke - (puts her arms around Mirai's neck as he hugs her waist)

Mikomi - (rounds the corner and smiles) Looks like we're both making plans for a return trip.

Asuke - (pulls back and blushes brightly) Mikomi, I didn't know you were there.

Mikomi - (shrugs) I just walked up. So, ready to get this show on the road?

Asuke - (glances at Mirai then to Mikomi and nods) I believe so.

Mikomi - All righty then. (smiles and links arms with Asuke) Let's get going. (they all head to the space ship)

Bulma - (beside the ship, waiting) They'd better hurry or they won't make a clear shot....

Chi-Chi - Where are they and what's that hussy doing to my baby?!

Ox-King - Now Chi-Chi...calm down. I'm sure everything's fine, and they'll be here in a minute.

Chi-Chi - Easy for you to say, Dad! That's not your baby with that woman!

Vegeta - Would you shut your yakking onna? I've had about enough.

Chi-Chi - (furious) You! This is all your fault to begin with! I hold you responsible since she's your kin! Some prince who can't control his own family!

Vegeta - (growls and begins to reply)

Gohan - (approaches) Mom, what's all the fuss about?

Chi-Chi - There you are! You're okay! (rushes over)

Gohan - Well...yeah. I'm fine.

Chi-Chi - Good. (kisses Gohan's forehead and glares at Mikomi)

Bulma - (to Asuke) You don't have much time left.

Asuke - (looks at the sun and nods) You're right. We need to depart immediately.

Bulma - (nods)

Mikomi - (sighs and turning to Gohan, pecks his cheek) Good-bye.

Gohan - (blushing, nods) Bye.

Mikomi - (starts toward the ship)

Tiger - (follows her chosen owner)

Asuke - (to Mirai) I guess I'll be seeing you.

Mirai - (smiles and nods) I hope so. (lightly kisses her cheek)

Bulma - (hanging onto Vegeta's arm, beams) Aww...isn't that cute?

Vegeta - (lifts a brow at her before shaking his head)

Asuke - Bye. (reluctantly turns for the ship)

Mirai - Be careful and have a nice trip back.

Bulma - We'll look forward to seeing you again.

Chi-Chi - Don't worry about rushing though!

Asuke and Mikomi - (smile and wave from the door)

Goten - Bye-bye Asuke!

Asuke - (smiles at him)

Mikomi - (nudges Asuke) We need to go or we seriously won't make it.

Asuke - (nods) You're right. (waves one last night before disappearing into the ship)

Mikomi - (follows and a few moments later the ship lifts off, heading for outer space)

Asuke - So, are we coming back?

Mikomi - (nods) Oh yeah. I still have things to do. (smirks)

Asuke - (shakes her head) I doubt I even want to know.

Mikomi - (smiles innocently)

Asuke - Uh huh...that's precisely what I thought.

Mikomi - (looks out her window at the shrinking planet and sighs) One day I will come home, brother.

BACK ON EARTH

Bulma - (turns to leave when the ship is gone from sight)

Vegeta - (is still staring at the place where it disappeared)

Bulma - (watches him curiously as everyone begins walking away)

Vegeta - (softly, still looking heavenward) I know. I know you will.

Bulma - (curiously) Who are you talking to?

Vegeta - (looks at her and shakes his head) Don't worry about it. Just don't be too quick on filling up that bedroom.

Bulma - Oh? Why?

Vegeta - We're going to have company again...family.

Bulma - (smiles) Sounds good to me

Vegeta - (heads for the copter to go home)

Bulma - (by his side)

A/N: This looks like it's the end of the story here. I wish I had the time to look up everyone who's ever reviewed this story and thank them personally, but if I don't get this posted right now, it won't be posted for about a week (possibly longer with my move). I hope this story entertained you all very thoroughly. What do I have to say now that's it's all over? Well...*turns to her stereo and presses a button on her remote....the Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah begins to play at top volume* Get the idea? I'm just glad IT'S OVER! Hehe. Can't be too careful with all these idiots out there now days begging to have fics continued long after their author has begun to detest them. ^_^ Anyway, thank you each and everyone. I love you guys (and gals). *sniffles* I'm going to miss you. *hands out tubs of ice cream* There ya go! Laterz!

Silver Warrior: I was curious if my explanation was satisfactory. That little problem you noticed was about half of the reason behind my hatred of this story once it reached the sixth chapter or so. I'm just glad I figured out an excuse. Did you like? Let me know! ^_^