Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ Shall We? ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: This is all kuso, and you know it. If I were the kind, wonderful person who owned DBZ, then Mikomi and this story wouldn't exist and Gohan would be hooked up with Videl. Now aren't you happy I'm just me? (A crazy self-proclaimed hippiechick who used to have way too much time on her hands before organic chemistry...)

A/N: This chappie was written for my editor/Therapist, Teasha and Jadedbest who just won't leave me alone about Asuke and Trunks! I hope you're happy now!

AT CAPSULE CORPS

Mirai - Dad, I'm going to see how Gohan's doing, okay?

Vegeta - No, you aren't. You have training.

Bulma - I think you should go check on Gohan. He's your friend and I don't think he should have to stay home alone all night.

Vegeta - (snorts his contempt for the idea and goes back to the gravity room, with Chibi Trunks hot on his heels.)

Mirai - Thanks, Mom. I'll see ya.

Bulma - If it gets too late, just call me and stay the night.

Mirai - Kay, bye. (He heads out the door and to the sky, towards the 439 mountains.)

439 MOUNTAIN DISTRICT

Asuke - (is once again working, but not on anything exactly scientific for a change. She is busy compiling a history of Earth and collecting different opinions to take home to be analyzed by the scientific minds, historians, and other greats from her home world. It's starting to get late and she has been at it all day. Though it is a labor of love, she is starting to get tired and decides to quit after she starts yawning.) I think that's enough for now.

AT THE SON'S HOUSE

Mirai - (lands at the front door only to be met by a very excited Goten.)

Goten - Hey Mirai! Where's Chibi?

Mirai - It's just me this time.

Goten - (looks disappointed) Oh, well Gohan said he and I are going to spend tomorrow together, and Chibi is invited too!

Mirai - That sounds like fun. (thinks) Poor Gohan. Well, at least I'll only have two people to baby-sit! (aloud) Well, I'm here to see Gohan, if that's okay.

Goten - Well, I think it would, but he's not here.

Mirai - Where did he go?

Goten - (pouts) To a stupid party that doesn't even have cake and ice cream.

Mirai - (laughs at Goten's antics) Well, can I talk to your mom for a minute?

Goten - I think so. MOM!!!!!

Mirai - (rolls his eyes at the chibi's lack of understanding. He had meant for him to either let him in, or go get her, not yell for her at the top of his lungs!)

Chi-Chi - (appears at the door) What is it, Goten, dear?

Goten - Mirai's here and wants to talk to you.

Chi-Chi - (looks at Mirai Trunks) Konichi-wa Trunks! It seems like it's been forever since you came over, even though you were here just last week. Come in!

Mirai - (is wondering what's up with Chi-Chi) Thanks, I think I will.

Chi-Chi - (leads Mirai to the kitchen and starts serving him food. She understands a Saiyan's love of food more than possibly anyone else, after marrying Goku.) Eat up and enjoy.

Mirai - Thanks, but I didn't really come over here to eat. I came to see how Gohan's doing.

Chi-Chi - You two are really close aren't you?

Mirai - (shrugs) I guess so. He was my only friend back home.

Chi-Chi - It's a shame you have to be Vegeta's son, and then with his sister showing up. I just think we'd all be better off with out them.

Mirai - Without Dad, I wouldn't be here.

Chi-Chi - You probably would. You'd just be Yamcha's son instead.

Mirai - (looks down at his food so Chi-Chi can't see his face, and rolls his eyes at her logic, or what passed for logic when it came to Chi-Chi and her emotions.) Goten said something about Gohan going to a party. What party did he go to?

Chi-Chi - He said something about a bunch of friends getting together tonight and I think he needed sometime out and away from his thoughts of Mikomi and how she's making him miserable.

Mirai - (gasps as he realizes Gohan must be going to the same party as Mikomi! He puts down his chop-sticks and stands up.)

Chi-Chi - What's wrong Trunks? Is the food okay?

Mirai - Everything is great, I just think I'll go out to see Asuke if that's all right.

Goten - Be careful, Trunks. She's been weird lately. She looked really funny a few nights ago with her face all green.

Mirai - I will, little fellow. I'll see you both later.

Chi-Chi - Okay, just don't be a stranger. We always enjoy it when you visit.

Mirai - Okay. (He walks outside and to the Musian spacecraft where Asuke lives and knocks.)

Asuke - (is asleep on the couch with I Love Lucy reruns playing on the TV.)

Mirai - (knocks for a few minutes and then gets worried. He can hear noise inside, but not enough to drown out his knocking, so he just opens the door and walks in only to find Asuke asleep with a bowl of potato chips on her stomach and the remote dangling precariously from her fingertips. He just smiles at the sight, especially when Asuke starts to snore, and he gently takes the remote and chips away from her and sits down to watch the television.)

Asuke - (feels the bowl and remote being removed and struggles to open her eyes. When she does, she is greeted with the sight of Trunks sitting down. [I wouldn't mind that myself! Talk about waking up happy!]) What are you doing here?

Mirai - Oh, you're awake.

Asuke - It would appear that way.

Mirai - What did you do today that wore you out like that?

Asuke - I just spent the day trying to figure out humans.

Mirai - Now I understand why you're tired. I haven't figured humans out yet and I've lived with them my entire life.

Asuke - Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Mirai - It was a joke. You really are tired aren't you?

Asuke - Yeah, I am.

Mirai - Well, I take it you're as deep in Mikomi and Gohan's little spat as I, right?

Asuke - Unfortunately, yes I am. If it's not Gohan coming to me for advice, it's Mikomi trying to explain her side of the story. I think the entire affair is childish and a waste of time and energy.

Mirai - (smiles knowingly) I know exactly what you mean. So, did you hear the latest bit of news?

Asuke - (eyes get bright at the thought of receiving this latest rumor) What news?

Mirai - Well, you know Mikomi went to a party tonight, with Sharpener?

Asuke - (rolls her eyes) Do I ever?

Mirai - What if I told you Gohan went to a party tonight?

Asuke - I'd say, yeah right. Chi-Chi would never let Gohan go to a party.

Mirai - I don't know how he did it, but he talked her into letting him go and I have a strong suspicion the night could turn interesting.

Asuke - Why?

Mirai - Gohan and Mikomi are both going to a party where all their friends will be.

Asuke - (her eyes widen in recognition of the situation) And they have the same friends!

Mirai - Yep. You know, no matter what, we're going to have to listen to play by plays of the entire night from both of them. What do you say we just go and catch the action first hand?

Asuke - Are you asking me to the party?

Mirai - I guess so.

Asuke - Just give me a minute to change. Mikomi and I went shopping and she talked me into getting the perfect outfit. At the time I thought I'd never have a use for it, but now I'm glad she talked me into it.

Mirai - Okay, you do that and I'll be waiting right here when you get back.

Asuke - Sure thing, Trunks. (goes to her room and changes. Once done, they head for the party.)

ERASA'S PARTY

Mikomi - (jumps out of the car, grabs Sharpener, and practically drags him inside)

Sharpener - (grins) I didn't know you were this anxious to be with me.

Mikomi - (distractedly) Yeah, uh huh. (As soon as they are inside, she starts looking around for someone she knows. [I think we all know who that someone is.])

Sharpener - Who are you looking for?

Mikomi - Huh?

Sharpener - You're looking for someone. Who?

Mikomi - Oh, I was just um, looking for Erasa since this is her party and all.

Sharpener - Well, there's no hurry. She's not going anywhere. Let's go get some drinks.

Mikomi - Sure, why not? (follows Sharpener to the kitchen, completely missing Gohan's entrance)

Gohan - (walks in and is immediately spotted by Erasa who rushes over to greet him)

Erasa - I'm glad you made it Gohan. It's such a long way for you and with your mom, I didn't expect to see you.

Gohan - Yeah, well I just had to get out of the house.

Erasa - Good. There are food and drinks in the kitchen and the room with a line is the bathroom. If you need anything else, let me know. (She rushes off to see who else has shown up.)

Gohan - (decides to look around and see if Videl came since she's the only other real friend he has. After looking around the house and just barely missing seeing Mikomi and Sharpener, he gives up and sits a sofa in the living room to wait and see what happens.)

Mirai - (lands on Erasa's front lawn) This is it.

Asuke - (lands beside him) Don't you think we'll be just a little out of place in there?

Mirai - Not really. It's already eleven, I bet everyone's had so much to drink by now that they won't even notice your wings.

Asuke - Well, if you say so... (They walk in the house and are immediately spotted by the perpetually bubbly Erasa.)

Erasa - Aren't you Joe Boxer, Mikomi's friend?

Mirai - Yeah, I am.

Erasa - (points to Asuke) Who is that?

Mirai - Asuke, we came together.

Erasa - (disappointedly) Oh. I think I saw Mikomi and Sharpener in the den a few minutes ago.

Asuke - We'll go find them. Thanks. (She grabs Mirai's hand and leads him to the den where, sure enough, they find Mikomi and Sharpener dancing.)

Mirai - I have a feeling things are going to get pretty bad around here later. Maybe I should go see if I can find Gohan. You keep an eye on those two.

Asuke - No problem. (She moves to a dark corner so that Mikomi won't recognize her.)

Mirai - (goes in search of Gohan who is still sitting all alone.)

A/N: I know it's boring so far. Just you wait till the next chapter though. Videl will arrive and things just might get very interesting very quickly. Besides, you know that no party is complete without booze and it has a habit of making people do things they normally wouldn't. Who am I talking about? Read the next chapter and find out. JB, there will be more Mirai/Asuke scenes, just give me time! Now R&R!