Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Sister Saga ❯ Consequences ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: *scratches the nape of her neck* What was I supposed to say here again?

A/N: Honestly, I don't know what to say except thank you to everyone who has been loyal and supported this story from the beginning. I truly appreciate you and your support. I love ya'll dearly. *huggles everyone* Ok, I'm over that now. ^_^ Read, and enjoy!

IN THE GRAVITY ROOM

Mikomi - (training with Mirai Trunks)

Mirai Trunks - So, how much trouble are you in? (dodges a backfist)

Mikomi - (side kicks at Mirai Trunks) I have to get a job. (reverse punches at him)

Mirai Trunks - (blocks the reverse punch) Mom's that mad, huh? (does a wheel kick)

Mikomi - (jumps aside to avoid the kick) Pretty much. (retaliates with a snap kick aimed at his groin)

Mirai Trunks - (eyes widen, quickly blocking) Know where you wanna work? (straight punches)

Mikomi - (blocking) Nope. Not a clue. (roundhouse kicks at Mirai's head)

Mirai Trunks - (ducks) That pizza place downtown is hiring. (side kicks)

Mikomi - (blocks with her knee) Maybe I should look into it. (push kicks at Mirai's chest)

Mirai Trunks - Yeah, maybe you should. (breathing hard) How about we take a break?

Mikomi - (glares at him) Coward. You just don't want me to win is all.

Mirai Trunks - (glares back) After fighting Frieza, the Androids, Cell, and training with Dad, you're the last person I'm afraid of.

Mikomi - Then prove it. Beat me.

Mirai Trunks - (glares, considering it then shakes his head) No, I don't have anything to prove to you. (calmly exits the GR)

Mikomi - (yells out) WIMP!!! (sulks) I don't want a job. I wanna fight. (growling, exits for a shower and the job hunting)

LATER THAT DAY, DOWNTOWN

Mikomi - (job searching, sees pizza parlor) Well, there is a sign in the window. (shrugs) Guess I'd best check it out. (walks inside)

Worker - Welcome to Pizza World! Can I help you?

Mikomi - (frowns at his cheerful demeanor) Uh, yeah. I saw a sign in the window. Are you still hiring?

Worker - (entirely too cheerful) You'd have to ask the manger about that!

Mikomi - (clenches fists to keep from ripping the guy's throat out) And where might the manager be?

Worker - (points to an office in back) Back there! Go ahead!

Mikomi - (growls) Baka... (goes to the office and knocks)

Manager - (looks up) Yes?

Mikomi - I'm here about the job.

Manager - Oh, do come in then. (motions to a chair)

Mikomi - (enters the office and sits)

Manger - (smiles and offers her his hand) My name is Kane Shimzu, but you can call me Kane.

Mikomi - (takes his hand) Mikomi Vegeta.

Kane - Nice to meet you. Have you ever worked at a restaurant before?

Mikomi - (shakes head) Not unless you count cooking for Okara, my mentor.

Kane - So you can cook?

Mikomi - As a matter of fact, I can.

Kane - Very well, then it sounds to me, I have a new cook once you fill-out the paperwork, and I need to know when you can work so I can put you on the schedule. (hands Mikomi a stack of papers and a pen) Just fill these out while I go yell at the bums out there. (jerks head toward the door and stands) I'll be right back.

Mikomi - Okay. (starts on the papers)

Kane - (returns a few minutes later) Done?

Mikomi - (holds the papers out to him) Sure thing.

Kane - (takes the papers and smiling glances through them) Great. Everything seems to be here.

Mikomi - Of course.

Kane - Well, see ya at 5 tomorrow evening?

Mikomi - (nods) Sure thing. (stands)

Kane - (offers her his hand)

Mikomi - (takes it)

Kane - (shakes) Nice meeting you Miss Vegeta. I look forward to working with you.

Mikomi - (smile falters) I feel the same, I'm sure.

Kane - (lets go of her hand)

Mikomi - (quickly pulls her hand away) Thank you and good-bye. (goes home)

IN THE SON KITCHEN

Gohan - (washing dishes)

Chi-Chi - (supervising while sewing) You missed a spot. (Never looked up)

Gohan - (squints at the dish and finally spots the tiny spot, washing it away) Oh.

Chi-Chi - (nods) Yes, much better. (still sewing)

Gohan - (finishes the last dish and puts it away) I'm done, Mom.

Chi-Chi - (looks up and smiles) Good. Now check on your brother. I'm sure he's into something by now. He always is more mischievous after that brat, Trunks, visits. And I don't care for you being around the older version or his aunt either. (glaring at Gohan) But you know that already.

Gohan - (nods and walks outside) Goten!

Goten - (hears Gohan and comes running up) Gohan! (hugs Gohan, knocking him to the ground and sits on his chest)

Gohan - (ruffles Goten's hair) Whatcha been up to kiddo?

Goten - Havin' fun! (beaming) I found somethin' cool! Wanna see?!

Gohan - (laughs) Sure thing, Goten.

Goten - (reaches in his shirt, digging around, stops and smiles) Ready?

Gohan - (nods)

Goten - (pulls out a HUGE frog and shoves it in Gohan's face) Look! (grinning from ear to ear)

Gohan - (jumps and screams) Ah!!! Goten! Don't do that! Sheesh!

Goten - (frowns and pulls the frog back) I...I'm sorry, Gohan...I didn't mean it...I just thought you'd like him...(sets the frog on the ground)

Gohan - I didn't mean it like that, Goten. You surprised me is all. (reaches over and picks the frog up, handing it to Goten) I think he's very nice.

Goten - (smiles unsurely) Really?

Gohan - (nods) Of course!

Goten - (takes the frog, grinning his Son grin again) Thanks Gohan! You're the greatest!

Gohan - (laughs and ruffles Goten's hair again) I think Mom was wondering where you were. Why don't you go show her your new friend?

Goten - Yeah! Mom's gotta love him! (runs for the house)

Gohan - (sits up, watching the door, smirking)

Chi-Chi - AHHH!!! Get that thing out of my house THIS INSTANT!!!!

Goten - (runs outside cradling his newfound friend)

Chi-Chi - (right behind him with her broom) And keep your pets outside!!! (goes back inside, slamming the door on her way)

Goten - (sheepishly looks at Gohan) Mom didn't like him...

Gohan - (smiles at Goten) Of course she did! She was just startled and afraid he'd make a mess.

Goten - You sure?

Gohan - Positive.

Goten - Great! (runs off to find a new pet)

Chi-Chi - (opens the door) Gohan! You've played around enough today! Come inside and start studying!

Gohan - Mom, do I have to?

Chi-Chi - You have to make up for the time you wasted at that party. Now, come inside!

Gohan - (head hangs) Yes, ma'am. (goes inside and studies)

MONDAY, AT SCHOOL BEFORE CLASSES

Erasa - Did you ever find Mikomi?

Videl - Of course not. She was so scared she left.

Erasa - Oh.

Sharpener - Well, that wimp Gohan left, too.

Videl - (death glares at Sharpener) What are you talking about?

Sharpener - He was rude and I told him I'd meet him outside and teach him some respect.

Videl - (rolls eyes) Yeah, I'm sure he was terrified.

Sharpener - Probably not as scared of me as Mikomi is of you. (thinks) You know, you're the reason my date left.

Videl - (shrugs indifference)

Erasa - (frowns) Wait. Maybe Mikomi and Gohan didn't run scared.

Videl and Sharpener - (glare at her)

Erasa - (doesn't notice) I remember hearing about Mikomi getting wasted. They're friends, so maybe Gohan helped her home or something.

Sharpener and Videl - (blink)

Videl - Di-...Did you think of that one on your own?

Erasa - (smile) Like, yeah!

Videl - (raises an eyebrow then shakes her head) Well, that doesn't excuse them.

Mikomi - (walks in)

Idiot Guy #2 - (sees Mikomi and smiles) Hey, babe! Great show last weekend!

Mikomi - (glares at him)

Idiot Guy #4 - (walks up and puts his arm around Mikomi's waist) So, free this weekend?

Mikomi - (growls) Get your vermin hands off me this instant.

Idiot Guy #4 - (quickly does as told) Sorry, sorry. Just thought I'd ask.

Mikomi - (glares at him) Don't. (begins toward her seat)

Videl - Well, look who had the nerve to show.

Sharpener - Yeah.

Mikomi - (takes her seat)

Erasa - (bubbly) Hey Mikomi! It was really great of you to come over!

Mikomi - (looks at her and nods)

Sharpener - (sits beside Mikomi, very close) So, where'd you go? I tried to find you and couldn't.

Videl - Yeah, so did I, once I got back.

Mikom - (frowns) Something...Came up...

Sharpener - Why didn't you tell me about it? I could have taken you home.

Mikomi - I wasn't exactly thinking straight.

Videl - I'll bet, after all you drank.

Mikomi - (glares at Videl)

Videl - (sneers at Mikomi)

Gohan - (enters the room)

Erasa - (smiles) Hey, Videl! Your boyfriend's here!

Videl - (turns to glare at Gohan)

Gohan - (gulps, sweat-dropping, heads to his seat)

Videl - (waits on him)

Gohan - (sits then looks at Videl with his best Son grin) Hey, Videl.

Videl - (eyes narrow) Don't hey Videl me. Where did you run off to at the party?

Gohan - Oh that...(scratches the nape of his neck) Well, I, uh, I don't exactly know.

Erasa - I saw you with that Boxer guy.

Gohan - (frowns then looks at Mikomi)

Mikomi - (shrugs)

Gohan - (eyes widen) That's where that knot came from!

Mikomi and Videl - Huh?

Teacher - Good morning class. Take you seats and we'll begin.

A/N: Okay, another pointless filler chapter. I'm hoping the next chapter will be longer and much funnier. Well, as you've read this, I hope you enjoyed it, so now REVIEW!!!! ^_^