Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy ❯ Frieza ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I never have and never will own anything which will bring me money. Yep, it sucks to be me. -_-
 
A/N: I know it has been forever since I updated, so I hope everyone gives a big thanks to Jadedbest. She's the one who got me to writing again and after her harassments earlier today about Frieza, I had to go ahead and post this chapter. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing.
 
It was just another day. After spending most of my day attending calculus, biology and chemistry classes, I was pretty beat with a head so full of derivatives, taxonomy and nomenclatures I thought it would surely burst. My salvation - an empty house when I arrived at home. Apparently Mom had taken my baby brother to the doctor or something.
 
With a sigh of relief, I killed my Altima's engine and drug myself into the house, stopping only to grab a soda and bag of Gardetto's on the way to my bedroom. Once inside my room, I double checked the lock, on my door, tossed my backpack on the floor at my feet and headed straight for bed. There is only one cure for the type of tension headache my classes had given me - a nap. That was when I noticed the note on my pillow. Frowning, I crossed the room and picked up the note to read it.
 
“Your services are required for one of our residents, Frieza. Thank you, HFIL Staff.”
 
Lifting a brow, I double checked the time and date and wrote them in the new planner I was now attempting to use to keep track of my hectic life. Afterward, I changed back into my pajamas and snuggled beneath the blankets to try and forget the day had ever happened.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
On the date of my planned session, I made my way to the Home For Infinite Losers, following the same directions I had been given for my session with Radditz. Eventually, I found myself in the bowels of HFIL and even found a guard to assist me in finding this Frieza person.
 
“Instead of us both wandering around all day, why don't you wait here while I locate Frieza?” the guard assisting me suggested, motioning toward two chairs which would suit my business perfectly.
 
As I sat, pondering how I had once again found myself in HFIL, a raspy voice spoke from behind me. “Are you the therapist I'm supposed to see today?”
 
Turning to greet this new person, I caught sight of a short alien creature of white and purple studying me closely. “If you are Frieza, then yes, I am here to visit with you.” I gave a warm smile as Frieza continued to study me with cold, calculating eyes.
 
“At least King Yemma got something right,” Frieza commented bitterly and took a seat in the nearly empty chair.
 
Finding this as good of a place as any to start, I began with another question. “Does King Yemma make mistakes often?”
 
“He's the one who put me down here!” Frieza spat. “Of course he makes mistakes!”
 
Isn't it always grand when a true master of villainy feels their eternal spiritual punishment for destroying and enslaving entire races is unjust? “From what I have seen, almost everyone goes to HFIL when the die. So, it's not necessarily a punishment,” I commented, hoping to uncover the reason I was sent for.
 
“I am a hero!” Frieza exclaimed. “I don't deserve to be here with the commoners or villains like Cell! I deserve to be in the resting place of heroes, high above this forsaken plane!”
 
Okay, time to try a new angle. After quickly jotting “Hero?” in my notebook for Frieza, I started again. “I have been told it is super difficult to qualify for a hero's afterlife, and even if you do, it's next to impossible to get there. What do you believe makes you a candidate?”
 
“Have you not heard of all the races I helped?!” the alien exclaimed, flabbergasted.
 
I lifted a brow at Frieza's statement before deciding to say almost exactly what I was thinking. “Most people don't consider conquering, enslaving and/or destroying other sentient civilizations exactly generous, humane or helpful. Generally, it's kinda viewed as the utmost epitome of evil.”
 
Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised when Frieza gasped in shock. “Is that all you were told?!”
 
“Um, yeah. That was pretty much it.”
 
“You didn't get even half the story,” the vile creature before me huffed.
 
“Oh? Then why don't you tell me the other half,” I suggested. So what if I was curious? You are too or you wouldn't have read this last sentence. Don't judge me!
 
“You see, growing up, I always wondered why everyone was always at war,” Frieza began to elaborate. “I saw many others starving to death or wallowing in cess pools of ignorance, disease and poverty until they either became extinct or were destroyed.
 
“I was never comfortable with the way things were, and I wanted to see a change, a revolution. But what can one family really do in a universe so full of chaos, death and destruction? Well, my father certainly had a plan and my brother and I joined him in his noble quest for a universal utopian society.” Frieza sighed heavily as if the telling of his younger years had been a strenuous task he was glad to have completed.
 
Fearing I would not like what I was about to hear, I prompted the spirit to continue anyway. “What exactly was your father's plan?”
 
With a sad smile, Frieza's mind traveled to the past to better tell his story. “Father's plan was to conquer our neighbors. They obviously had no idea how to live happily and peacefully since they had all been at war with one another for centuries. We knew better than they did. Of course, no one would listen to our words, so we were left with no choice but to conquer them in order to make them behave so they could be happy.
 
“Unfortunately, every time we got one planet's chaos contained, we found ten more worse off.” With a look or pure emotional anguish, Frieza sighed heavily. “Eventually, it became more than just my family could control, so we used the best fighters of those we had conquered to aid us in our venture.”
 
Surprisingly, I was completely able to understand this skewed perspective. I certainly did not agree. But I did understand. Maybe I have been doing this therapy thing for too long.
 
“What happened next?” Where did things go wrong?” I coerced Frieza into continuing his tale of woe.
 
“Everything went perfectly well until I came across Planet Vegeta,” Frieza once again gave a smile. “They were the answer to all our troubles of not having enough manpower to seize control of so many planets in need. Father was so proud of my discovery.
 
“Then that over grown monkey, Bardock, showed me a Saiyan's true potential strength, and more importantly, how quickly and easily a Saiyan can forget his savior. So, for the sake of the rest of the universe, I destroyed Planet Vegeta.
 
“Of course, Prince Vegeta and that two-bit sidekick of his, Kakarot, were a bit upset about the destruction if their birth planet. They simply couldn't see the big picture. It wasn't fair! After everything I had done for the peoples of the universe, a low-class monkey killed me. And here I am and unjustly, I might add,” Frieza ended his tale.
 
Unsure of what to say, I continued jotting notes for another moment before speaking. “That was a very interesting tale,” I stammered, grasping for words. “Basically, you set out to establish universal peace and ended up in HFIL for it?”
 
“Yes!” Frieza exclaimed. “That is exactly right!”
 
I chewed my lip for a moment to buy myself time to think. “Well, I must give you credit for having good intentions since you had the best of desires for everyone at heart. What I do fault you for, however is you and your family's execution of your wonderful plans. Generally, it's almost always a bad idea to begin slaughtering people for any reason.”
 
I don't deserve to be here,” Frieza almost pleaded. “I'm not evil. All I wanted to do is help. They won't listen to me, but maybe King Yemma will listen to you and give me a chance at a hero's afterlife.”
 
Frowning for a moment, I finally nodded my head. “I won't promise any results, but I will send a letter to King Yemma, telling him what all I discovered today during our time together.”
 
“You'll do that for me?” I almost looked like tears were forming in the tyrant's eyes.
 
“A letter is no big deal,” I explained in an effort to stop the alien's emotional outburst before it truly began. To be honest, I didn't want to be here in the HFIL for any longer of a time than I must. Frieza had mentioned Cell among other villains down there. The HFIL was not a place for me.
 
Nodding with delight, Frieza rose and smiled. “Thank you for your assistance.”
 
I shrugged. “No big. HFIL pays for these little chats I have with you guys. It all works out for all of us involved.”
 
“I suppose so. Thank you again, and hopefully if we talk again, it will be in better surroundings.”
 
Rising to leave, I nodded. “Maybe.”
 
At that time, two HFIL workers appeared and began escorting Frieza away from me. I simply watched my latest patient walk away before writing, “Remember to write letter to Yemma” in my notebook before leaving for home and bed.
 
I guess it just goes to show: you really can't judge a book by its cover, or a villain by their deeds either.
 
A/N: As always, please leave a review. Also, I have been toying with a few ideas for some sessions, but I don't really have any clue what else to write on. So, as always, suggestions are more than welcomed. If you have a favorite character who has some a serious mental problem you wish I would address, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do to assist them in their recovery.