Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy ❯ Puar II ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Mar - Woohoo! I won the lottery and bought DBZ!!!
Vegeta - *smack*

Mar - *wakes up* Ouch! What was that for?!? *rubs head*

Vegeta - You were dreaming again.

Mar - *grins*

Vegeta - *smacks*

Mar - *frowns* Dang, not dreaming anymore. *pouts*

Vegeta - She doesn't own us. *smacks Mar again for the heck of it* Or Blue's Clues, and Stephen King is his own person, for now.

Mar - Ouch! *glares at Vegeta*

A/N: Alright, I know it's been forever since I last updated this monster, but I've been extremely busy with college, and with all this stress, I haven't been in much of a humorous mood. Maybe that'll change pretty soon. I hope so anyway! Well, enough from me, so read and enjoy!!! Oh, and thanks to all my reviewers past and present. I love you guys!!! *sniffles*

*******

Well, I decided to clean my room. Again! That's now twice in under six months! Of course, I didn't just clean my room for kicks. Oh no. I had lost something, my most treasured possession of all *a light shines down from heaven as the angels begin to play their harps*, The Sacred Notebook, or as some call it, the fanfiction notebook.

Hey! Stop laughing! It isn't funny! Fine then, yuck it up! See if I care! I'll just lose the notebook again and you won't get any more updates, late or otherwise! Do I hear silence? That's what I thought.

As usual, while cleaning my room, I found a trove of hidden treasures, my notebook included. I even found two hundred dollars in twenties, hidden in various locations around the room. Most importantly, after The Sacred Notebook, I found yet another notebook. Actually, it was one I had found and lost again only a few weeks ago. Anyway, I found The Sacred Notebook, various other treasures, and a notebook with "Puar" written on the cover.

A quick glance through my notes reminded me the information I disclosed not too long ago represents only half the story, so without further ado, the end of Puar's Yamcha dilemma.

*******

I had been sitting on the computer, chatting with my friends, drinking my latte, and eating animal crackers. Needless to say, I was having a great time exchanging fic ideas. I was in the middle of typing the outline for Learning To Love Again when my little brother went berserk trying to get my attention. Finally pulling myself from the screen, I noticed we had company knocking on the door.

I jumped from the rocking chair and rushed to the door. Opening it, I nearly fell out in shock. There was a blue cat floating at my head level. Now, I've seen Puar before, but I had had warning she was coming then. A talking, floating, blue cat is not something you want to surprise you, trust me.

Gaining some semblance of composure back, I moved aside, allowing my feline friend entrance.

"So, is there any particular reason behind this visit?" I asked, leading the way to the computer. Hey, I can chat and hold a conversation at the same time. Ask any of my friends, I'm great at multitasking. In fact, my attention span is so short I have to, or I get extremely bored. There I go rambling again. Oh well, just call it the scenic route to my next point.

"Well, yes," Puar replied, prompting a sigh from me, as I began telling everyone good-bye and shutting down all my windows. Puar's problems always required my full attention to comprehend, much less solve.

After shutting everything down and signing off the net, I led the shape-shifter to my room, closed the door behind us, and began the great notebook search. My room's always a mess, so sometimes finding a single object is a rather difficult task. Eventually I did locate not only Puar's notebook, but also my pencil so I could take notes, and I settled in on my bed, Puar opting to hover a few feet away.

"Okay, so what's your problem, Puar? If my notes and brain are correct, last time you were having problems with your living arrangements, and once all debts were settled, you moved out. Am I correct?" I started this session.

"Yes, you are." Her voice had not improved since our last meeting. Hopefully I wouldn't get a migraine afterward like last time.

"Well, you said you had a problem and now is typically when my patients start telling me what's going on, being sure to speak in code so as to annoy me and force me to drag their real problem from them, so have at it." I smiled encouragingly at her, hoping she had gotten my not so subtle hint for her to hurry. I was wasting valuable time I could spend chatting!

"Well, I guess that's a good idea," Puar squeaked at me before falling silent.

Figuring she was gathering her thoughts, I watched the second hand on my clock go around five times before saying anything. "Sometime today would be nice."

"Sorry!" she apologized quickly. "Ever since our last session, I've been living on my own, and to pay the rent, I got a job. I work in the freak show of a carnival." Why was I not surprised? I guess people will pay money for just about anything these days, and to see a talking, flying, blue…Okay, so maybe seeing Puar was rather unique…"It's okay, fun sometimes, but something's missing," she trailed off.

That wasn't what I had asked for, but this information was certainly a start, or at least entertainment. "So, you're self-sufficient. Good for you!" I praised her obvious hard work. Then again, is working in a freak show really all that hard? I mean, all you have to do is be yourself if you're a talking, flying…you've heard this description before. Next time why don't we all say it together kiddies?!? All right, I'm okay now. I do believe I have watched one too many episodes of Blue's Clues.

"Wow! You really think so?" Puar questioned me. One look at her confirmed she was ready to continue with that particular train of thought, which would lead us in the opposite direction of her problem and she might never leave and simply follow me around the rest of my life talking! I'd be sitting in my Calculus IV class taking the final and she'd ask if I had money for a coke! I'd be on a date having a deep, intellectually stimulating conversation with a rich foreign guy and she'd ask a question! I'd be on my honeymoon in Japan and hear that voice!!! Ah!!! That's worse than any Stephen King novel!!!

"Yes, I do. Now, back to your problem. What is it, exactly?" I asked, getting my companion back on track and hopefully out of my office/bedroom as soon as possible.

Puar's face fell. "Well, it's too quiet."

I was about to growl in frustration as I pushed a particularly stubborn ringlet behind my left ear. "What's too quiet?"

Puar sighed. "Home. It's just not home. There's no one there to spend forever in the bathroom or ignore me because a beautiful woman has paid a visit. I miss Yamcha." Ever seen a cat cry? Me neither, but I sure came close!

"What you're saying is that after all our time together last session, you telling me how much you hate him and me getting you rid of that man, you want to go back to him?"

Puar nodded meekly. It was the typical response for many females. Get rid of the good for nothing loser wannabe man, and then miss him and want him back. Normally I'd suggest getting a dog, but in her case, that might not be such a wise decision...

"But why?!?" I asked. She was being overwhelmed by some pressing reason making her want to go back. Right? "Are you now okay with Yamcha's bad habits? Do they now bring you pleasure instead of irritation?"

Puar shook her head. "No, they still get on my nerves," she stated simply.

"Then why would you want to go back to them?!?"

Puar shrugged at me once again. "I don't know. I just do."

"Excuse me one moment, please." I set the notebook aside, placed my pencil on it, and proceeded to hit my head with that piece of cardboard I use as a desktop, once again, praying to Kami it would knock a circuit to the right position, allowing me to understand that cat. Wait! Understand the cat? If this weren't me we were talking about, I'd say the author just went mad. Fortunately for you, she didn't. I've been like this for years and you can't go somewhere you already are.

Settling down, I once again turned my undivided attention to my patient, who was looking at me oddly. "What?" I asked irritably. Why can't people use logic and just see things my way? It would certainly make life simpler and save us all a lot of time and heartache, not to mention headaches, which now that you mention it, I was getting at that moment.

"Do you do that in every session?" Puar asked, still giving me that strange look.

"What's it to ya?" I asked before sighing. "No. Actually, you're the only patient who's caused me to do that."

"Oh..."

"I guess you're going back to him then..."

"Yep."

"I hope you're very happy together because after this little incident, I give up." My eyes flashed in anger. "Oh, and I don't ever want to hear another complaint about how you hate Yamcha and he's on your nerves unless you're willing to do something about it. Permanently." I couldn't control her actions, but I sure could control what crap I had to endure during future sessions!

Puar, sweat dropping, nodded her understanding. "Okay. I guess that's fair enough. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

I shook my head. "No need to apologize. I now accept walk-ins, for double price." I grinned.

"Oh…Well okay, I guess. Thanks for everything." She began floating to my door.

"Hey, don't mention it. I appreciate your generous donation to the, uh, Mar's Education Fund." I opened the door and led the way out.

"It seems we helped each other," she commented from behind me.

"Well, I hate to break this to ya, but you helped me much more than I helped you. Honestly, I don't think there is help for you." I smiled, opening the main door, allowing my floating furry feline friend to leave. (Did you say it with me?!? ^_^)

"Well, thanks for trying anyway. I did enjoy being on my own. I just missed him too much to stay gone."

"That's okay, just remember the guidelines I set for future sessions," I reminded her.

"I will," she responded. "Oh, good-bye and thanks."

"No problem." I watched her leave. As soon as she vanished from my view I went back inside, finished my notes, and went back to the computer only to find my animal crackers had either walked away by themselves, or my baby brother had consumed every last one, and my latte was cold. Life officially sucked.

Once logged back online, I opened my AOL Instant Messenger and found all my friends were now gone. "NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

Well, that's another story…

A/N: Sorry this session is so short, but I had company in the library for an hour and a half of my writing time and staying up until three and waking at five finally caught up to me, causing me to nap half-way through this! Not only that, but I typed most of this during work since it's the first day of finals and it's a little too late to try and learn a semester's worth of math from a tutor, so no one's in here right now. Anyway, Videl's session is scheduled next and it should be longer than this one. Thanks to all of you for reading this, now review!

A special thankies to mi hermana Jadedbest for doing such an awesome job of editing this on last minute notice. I luv ya chica! *huggles*