Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy ❯ Videl Satan ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Would someone please explain to me why I have to do this every chapter of every story I write? I'm really getting sick of sitting in front of the computer screen for five to fifteen minutes trying to think of a retardedly original way to say I don't own DB, DBZ, or anything else which would cause my bank account to increase through its revenues. Is this thing long enough yet?

A/N: It's time for yet another retardedly hilarious chapter of Therapy. I want to thank all my reviewers for you kind words. I did have someone email me about future sessions and suggested I do one on Radditz. I just wanted to say that I didn't just ignore you. I tried to email you back, but it didn't work. -_- I'm really, really sorry about that. As for the rest of you, I love ya'll!!!! *huggles all around* Time for the chapter now. Enjoy!!!

*******

As you should well know by now, I almost always have a cute little story to tell at the beginning of Therapy chapters, and this one is no different, so bare with me and enjoy. Heck, you're getting two stupid stories for the price of one! Aren't I generous?

Well, on this occasion, I was online late at night. Okay, so it was actually early in the morning when all the sane people of my time zone are asleep and the rest of us weirdoes are looking for ways to entertain ourselves.

That night, I had company! It used to be that around one o'clock or so, all my friends went to bed. Then I made a new friend, and we can stay up until four or five sometimes, chatting! Just like me, she's totally insane, and even though we have tons in common, including our thoughts, scary that someone else out there thinks like me, I know, we still like to fight sometimes, playfully of course. Usually we fight over whether the Son or Brief family is best and since she acts a little more like Goten, she's naturally attracted to Vegeta and his family. I'm a bit more like Vegeta most of the time, so I naturally find myself attracted to the Son family, and here I go rambling again.

Well, this particular morning we were arguing, as usual, and the topic at hand was Yamcha verses Tien, a surprising change from the norm. Basically, I had started it by saying Yamcha was the hottest human around and I wished he showed more skin like Tien. Well, being the argumentative type, she had to argue for Tien, even if she did agree with me. Don't ask. All my friends are just as strange. I don't like normal people. They scare me.

I was in the middle of pointing out the finer points of Buu Saga Yamcha's scars, both inside and out, when someone with an oddly familiar screen name sent me a message on AOL Instant Messenger. As I chatted with them, I realized they were a patient of mine, but being the moron I am, I seem to get most of my sessions all confused until they are all this huge mass of unless information in my head, with me unable to separate it into smaller sections. So I had no idea whom I was actually conversing with at that moment.

After a while, the chatter got down to business, told me they were having problems with their daughter, and asked if I would mind setting up a session for her. I asked the age of the daughter and when the chatter told me the girl was in high school, I began to wonder if I really wanted the case or not. Usually by the time a kid is in high school, they're in major trouble and are nearly impossible to help because of their obstinacy.

After being told the girl's school was requesting she get psychiatric help and the parent believed I was the best hope their child had, begging me in fact, and last but most definitely not least, offering me extra cash for the job, I, against my better judgment, accepted. How many high school aged girls could it be? Bra, Pan, maybe Marron even none of which could give me too much trouble. Right?

After getting what they wanted, and promising me what I wanted, fair compensation for services rendered, the chatter left me in peace to finish my argument. Of course, as fate would have it, my mother walked into the room, looked at the clock, looked at me, and asked me what time it was. When I said I wasn't sure, she told me the time and ordered me to bed. Man, I hate it when that happens.

*******

A few days later, I sat on the living room floor playing with my youngest brother, Matthew. Now Matthew is a cutie, and only five, but he sure loves Power Rangers, Batman (Woohoo!!! The batdude rocks!!!), and of course Dragonball Z. How could he live with me and not become obsessed?

The evening found me on the living room floor, playing. We weren't playing with Batman toys, the Dragonball Z toys my other brother and I have bought him, (Coincidentally, Matthew's Gohan figure, dressed in black spandex, who came with a hovercraft, was sitting on the computer monitor, looking at me along with the Yamcha in a yellow suit Matthew had conned me into buying him shortly after Christmas. They were safe.), or his really awesome Hot Wheels cars. No, we were playing Power Rangers. Oh goody! Can you feel the sarcasm? Good.

"Die you foul beast!" I called out, pressing a button on something he called an Isis Megazord, whatever that is, making something closely resembling a giraffe's head shoot out and butt the evil looking monster in front of it. Well, okay, so the evil monster was an old hairless, thanks to my other younger brother, Wade, Barbie doll I had found. You know, I still owe him for that one. Maybe I should enact my revenge soon.

"No! You die!" Matthew yelled in my ear before taking a giant white Power Ranger toy and proceeding to beat the Megazord, regardless of the fact that my hands were in the way.

I jerked my hands back allowing the Megazord, who was now in pieces after suffering defeat at the hands of my five-year-old brother's fiendish figures, to fall to the ground and yelled, "OUCH!!! That hurts!!!"

Matthew only grinned at me. "Want me to kiss and make it better?" The little twerp seemed proud of his handy work! Oh, he was going to pay, and pay dearly.

Thankfully, for him, he was saved by the bell, or the knock rather since we don't have a doorbell. Growling and cradling my injured hand, which still throbbed by the way, I let my brother live for a few more minutes while I went to answer the knock.

Looking through the little diamond shaped window in the door, I looked down to see who was standing on the back porch steps, not that it did me any good since I was unfamiliar with the girl. Figuring she wasn't an ax-murderer bent on hacking my brother and I into small pieces, though at that moment, hacking him didn't sound half bad, I opened the door.

"Can I help you?" I asked through the small crack.

The petite, yet muscular girl nodded her head, pigtails bobbing up and down as she did. "I sure hope so. I'm here for an appointment my dad made for me," she answered with a disgusted look on her face. I don't think she was too pleased to be at my humble abode.

"An appointment? What kind of appointment and with whom?" Sometimes my mother has appointments with people for various reasons. I didn't know if this young woman was here to see my mother or me.

"Well, he said her name was Mar, whatever kinda name that is." Okay, this chick was on my bad side already. She didn't even have to go there. What kind of a name is Mar? Well, she hadn't even told me her name yet, but I was sure it wasn't as good as mine, so there!

"And what is your name, ma'am?" I asked her in my politest voice possible, considering she had just abased my name.

"Oh, I'm Videl, Videl Satan." I knew it! I knew her name didn't compare to mine! At least my last name spelled doesn't equal the Devil in English! Then again, maybe she was the daughter of the Devil. Interesting thought, especially with the look she was giving me at that moment. I think I'll look into that when I have time to waste. Okay, so I'll never get that chance, oh well.

Then it hit me. I had seen a guy in the past who's last name was also Satan. Could this be his daughter? I looked at her more closely and quickly dismissed the thought as an impossibility. No way in the world could such an ugly man father such a, never mind, not a good example. Still, they looked nothing alike, not that it mattered to me. I had a session to keep and as long as I got paid, I didn't care.

Giving the girl one last incredulous look, I shrugged. "Follow me. This way," I instructed as I lead her to that now both famous and infamous office/bedroom of mine we all know and love so much. "Here we are. Make yourself at home."

As she seated herself on my bed, I scoured my room for yet another empty notebook. Those things sometimes get hard to find in my house, and the employees at the local dollar stores now know me by name since I seem to be buying supplies constantly.

Finally, I found it! Then I sat on the other end of my bed, snatched up my pencil and wrote the date before starting my inquiry as to the nature of the visit.

"In your own words, why are you here to see me?" Wait a minute. Was that a dumb request or what? I mean, who else's words was she planning on using? You know, I think I've been spending way too much time around Daddy lately. He's the one who says that all the time. I soooo need a life to get me out of the house and away from all the insanity. Then again, the computer works just great, even if it does encourage my idiocy.

Videl was too busy glaring at my floor to look at me when she answered, "School."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Here we go again with the trying to be mysterious and not tell the therapist all, thing. Will they ever learn? Doubtful.

"School? Is that all?" I inquired, jotting "school" in my notebook.

Videl nodded. "The school sent home a letter saying they thought I should see a shrink, so here I am."

"So, why are you here with untrained, unprofessional, psychotic me instead of with a real shrink with a diploma and years of experience? I just do this for kicks. Then again, the money's not bad either. Besides, the power of toying with peoples' minds and lives is also very attractive."

Making a very not nice face, Videl explained, "I was sent out of class one day to talk to the school counselor, who sent a letter to my dad. The letter said I needed to get the professional help the school couldn't offer. Well, my father heard Bulma Brief say she and her family came to see you and he figured someone good enough for the Brief family was good enough for his daughter, so here I am whether I like it or not."

"Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you don't want to be here right now," I commented softly.

"Finally! You got something right!" came the procacious reply.

Okay, her smart mouth was just about to get to me. Whether she wanted to be there or not, the least she could do was be halfway polite. Truth be told, I wasn't any happier about the circumstances than she was, but somehow I was managing to be polite, or I was until that point rather.

Narrowing my eyes in anger, I looked up at the girl. "Look, I don't care if you want to be here or not, you will act like a civilized human being or you will get out and never come back. That would leave you to explain to your father and the school why your attitude has not changed in the slightest."

Videl's eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know that? I didn't tell you that was why the counselor said I needed to seek professional help."

"Trust me dear, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see exactly what your problem is. I've barely known you for five minutes and I already see you as an impudent, selfish, condescending, spoiled little brat. When you walk around with your nose in the air, it doesn't take long for people to decide those things about you.

"Now there must be some redeeming qualities in you, girl, or the counselor wouldn't have even bothered sending that letter to your father. Whoever that counselor is, has some degree of faith in your inner goodness, or they would have written you off as a lost cause and gone on with their lives.

"That brings us to what should we do for you?" I ended my little monologue.

Videl blinked. "Do you have any suggestions?"

"Well, before I prescribe a treatment, I need to know exactly what the problem is. Why were you sent to the counselor to begin with, and what exactly did they say to you while you were there?"

"Hmm," Videl thought back to the day. "On that particular day, this guy was really getting on my nerves. I guess he has like this crush on me or something, but he was really irritating me."

"Well, that leaves the question of what you did to him."

"I, uh," Videl tried to remember. "I think I had finally gotten enough and started yelling at him in class."

"And what exactly did you say?" I questioned.

Videl's eyes narrowed in thought. "Honestly, I don't remember. Whatever it was, it sure wasn't very nice, I gather, or they wouldn't have sent me to the counselor's office."

"Right," I agreed with her. "So the teacher sent you because you were causing a disturbance in their class, which was making it difficult, if not impossible, for actual learning to take place?"

"Yes, I do believe so." For some reason, Videl seemed much less hostile now than she had earlier. Maybe all she really needed was someone to listen to her, a friend so to speak. I wondered if she had any. If not, I could certainly see why. The other students must be terrified of the girl, not only because of her behavior, but she was the daughter of Hercule, World Martial Arts Champion, Savior of the World and all that crap. Were I not so tenacious she would probably have scared me, too.

"Okay, now I need to know exactly what the counselor said to you while you were in their office," I told her.

"Well, he didn't say much except that he had been hearing complaints about my treatment of my peers from many teachers. He said I needed to quit taking everything out on everyone else and learn to deal with it instead. That's why they wanted me to see you. To learn to deal," she expelled, looking at my flowered bedspread.

"Alright then. Do you think you take everything out on other students?" We were slowly but surely making progress, but I had to know what she thought. If she remained in denial, there wasn't much I could do for her.

"Sometimes...Most of the time...Yeah. I guess I just get easily irritated and kinda snap at them without actually meaning to," she revealed. This was great! She knew what she was doing and was completely honest! Maybe there was hope for her yet!

"Why is it they irritate you so?"

"Well, I guess it's because I'm out saving the city and keeping my grades up at the same time, and they sit around all happy without a care in the world, completely oblivious to what's really going on around them."

Ah, a common problem it seemed. I guessed she was feeling under appreciated, just like my dear friend Krillin. "So, would you prefer if they gave you more recognition?"

Videl's eyes widened quickly and she shook her head, "No! I get enough of that! I...I just want to be...normal, I guess."

Oops, well, I guess everyone's wrong from time to time, including me. I'm not God you know. "So what you want is for them to treat you like one of them instead of an outsider because of your father's stature and your efforts to protect them?" I had to make sure I had pinpointed the source of the problem before I thought of a solution.

Videl thought on that for a minute. "I suppose you're right. Every time I walk in a room, I get looks from everyone like I'm some kind of freak or something. I guess I tend to take my frustration out on others, especially this one guy in my class..."

"Oh?" I inquired. "Who is this boy, and why are you so hard on him?"

"His name is Son Gohan," she smiled at me, obviously infatuated with him, not that I could blame her. If I weren't his therapist...Wait, you didn't want that much information did you? "And the reason I think I'm so hard on him," she continued, "Is because he's so nice. He doesn't stare at me and I can't get over it. He doesn't treat me like a freak, he acts like I'm completely normal."

"So he treats you like you wish to be treated, and you're mean to him...Great track record Videl. Ever consider this might be why people treat you strangely? I mean, if they act like you're normal, you go postal on them. Honestly, I'd rather treat you like a freak too in that case."

Videl sighed and nodded. "I know..."

Wow, for once I had a patient who understood what was wrong and what I was trying to say to them! This was amazing! Especially since this session had started out so terribly with my having to gripe at her for a moment before we could even get started. That usually didn't happen until the end of the session. This chick was backwards!

"Alright Videl, so what do you think you should do?" I asked her. I wanted to see exactly how much this girl understood and if she was smart enough to cure herself. Then again, did I really want her to be able to cure herself? I mean, if she could cure herself, she wouldn't need me and I'd lose a source of revenue. That would suck! I need a new computer!

Thinking once again, for a moment, Videl answered, "Maybe I should lay-off Gohan and try being nice to him. Then maybe everyone else would get the right idea and start treating me normal, too." She looked at me with big eyes, waiting for me to confirm or shoot down her solution.

"Sounds like a plan to me," I smiled at her.

Smiling back, Videl asked, "Really?!"

I nodded, "Of course. Look, I think you're going to be just fine. You knew you had a problem, didn't fight me on figuring out the root cause of that problem, and you figured out your own solution. You're a very bright girl and not half bad when you quit being mean. I think you'll be alright as long as you follow through with your treatment."

Videl stood, still smiling, "Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your hard work and help." She began walking toward my door. As her hand approached the knob, I smirked and spoke up.

"So, when are you going to ask him out?"

She froze. "What do you mean ask him out? Who are you talking about?" I could tell from the tone of her voice, she knew exactly who I was talking about.

Smiling, I answered her, "Why Son Gohan of course. I think you like him. He's a sweet boy, and between the two of us, not bad looking at all." I clicked my tongue thinking about him in all his Saiyan glory. Why does it have to be unethical to date your patients? Then again, we didn't have to date to do what I wanted. There I go giving away too much information again. Sorry.

Turning around blushing profusely Videl seemed an altogether different girl. "Well, I guess he isn't that bad..."

Man, did she have it bad for him or what?!? I decided then and there, if I couldn't have him, I was going to do everything I could to make sure she got him. He deserved someone with an iota of brains, instead of the morons I usually dealt with on a regular basis.

"Just ask him out sometime. Unless he asks you out first that is," I winked at her.

Catching my meaning, her smile broadened. "You really think he might?!?"

I shrugged. "Only time will tell, but I suppose you have as good a chance as any, and more than most if you're cruel to him on a daily basis and he keeps coming back. He's a pretty good friend and must really think highly of you."

Videl nodded her head. "That he is." She seemed hesitant to leave now, but as I looked at my clock, I saw it was time she headed out. I had places to go, things to do, and people to see, namely a really hot elf named Legolas on a huge screen at the cheap theatre in a neighboring town.

"Look, I'd love to sit and chat with you all day, but I promised I'd take my brother to see The Lord Of The Rings tonight, and if I don't start getting ready now, there's no way in heck I'll make it in time." I stood, and crossing the room, opened the door for her.

Videl smiled at me. "Thanks again for all your help, and that is a good movie, so I won't stand in your way. I guess I'll be seeing you."

I smiled at her, "No offense, but I hope not."

She laughed. "I guess not. Well, I can show myself out. Have a nice time." She waved and started down the hall.

Smiling, I waved back to her and closed my door as she entered the living room and rounded the corner to vanish from my sight. Turning back to her notebook, I made careful note of her crush on Gohan and the treatment she had so kindly thought of for herself. Then closing the notebook, and placing it on it's shelf on my bookcase, instead of just throwing it on the floor like normal, I started digging through my closet for something sexy to wear. Hey, I wanted to look good for that elf. ^_~

A/N: Okay, this chapter so did not turn out like I had planned. *sigh* But I guess that's okay. The next chapter on the list in Mirai Trunks. *waits for cheers to die down* Don't get too excited though because I'm still having trouble picturing it in my mind and really have no idea where it's going. Go figure. Well, as always thanks for reading, and please leave a review. Oh, and I'm still accepting suggestions for future chapters, but please leave more than just the name of the person you want me to deal with. I've had requests for Radditz and Goten, but I have no idea what to do with them! Any ideas or suggestions are always welcome. Enough of that, now hit that little review button and "make my day." *runs off to finish her movie*