Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ There's Always Hope ❯ Kame House ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-I'm not going to say it…

Kame House

Roshi pulled the submarine capsule onto an island. All three got out and he re-capsuled it. "Okay boys, let's get going," he said to the two, ushering them a little down the street. "It's supposed to hail tonight."

Within a few minutes, they were standing inside a pink, dome-shaped house, as the rain continued to pour down behind them.

"All right, people!" Roshi shouted. "You can come out!"

Within a few minutes, the entire populace of the house was standing in the hallway.

"Guys, these are the two new additions," Roshi said, putting a hand on both boys' heads. "These are Kakarot and Krillin. Boys, those charming young girls are Launch and Chichi." Roshi pointed to two young girls, one with bushy blue hair and round black eyes, the other with silky black hair and big black eyes. "Launch is our maid, and Chichi is the daughter of my student, Ox-King. That's him over there." He pointed to a very large man with a thatch of brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Hello," they all said, bowing to the two boys.

"Hello," Krillin said, also bowing.

"Kon'nichi wa," Kakarot said, following Krillin's example.

Everyone stared at him strangely. "Oh, sorry!" he said. "That means 'good afternoon' in Saiyan."

"Kakarot is from Vegetasei," Roshi explained.

"Oh!" Chichi and Launch said in unison. "Cool!" Chichi exclaimed, while Launch smiled her irresistibly cute smile.

"If you come this way boys, I'll show you to your room." Roshi walked down a hallway, Kakarot and Krillin following after him.

"You two will sleep in here," Roshi said, opening a door. Inside was a plain, simple room, with two beds, a window, and a closet. A rug sat on the floor, and a clock hung on the wall.

"Dinner!" Launch called from downstairs.

"All right!" Krillin and Kakarot shouted, stampeding down the stairs and into the kitchen. (They actually follow their noses…*_*)

Kakarot promptly sat down at the table and began inhaling the food, Krillin doing the same though not quite to the extent of his friend.

"Boy! Those two sure have healthy appetites!" Ox-King commented as the two cleared away nearly half the table.

"Hey!" Chichi yelled at them. "The rest of us need to eat, too!"

"Huh?" both boys looked at her, noodles dangling out of their mouths. "Oh, sorry." Both of them pushed the half-empty bowls towards the others.

Being a Saiyan, Kakarot promptly started to feel tired soon after dinner. "'Night," he said, yawning and going back to his room.

About an hour later, Krillin came in. Kakarot wasn't asleep. He was staring at the ceiling, his tail twitching in its leaning stance over the side of the bed.

"Hey, Goku," Krillin said.

"Yeah?" Kakarot answered, not moving to face him.

"What's Vegetasei like?"

Kakarot still didn't turn to face him. He sat and thought for a minute. Krillin waited patiently.

"I…I don't remember Vegetasei that much," he confessed. "I remember my father, Bardock, and my brother, Radditz, and my twin, Turles. We would train all day, and then we'd go home, where my mother…" he trailed off.

"What about your mother?" Krillin asked.

"I don't remember her as much as I'd like to. All I remember is her name, Celipa. And a song she used to sing to my brother and me. It was called 'Durme, durme'. It's from Earth. A country called Spain, I think."

"I've heard that song on the radio once," Krillin said. "I don't know what it says in English."

"Sleep, sleep, mother's little boy, free from worry or pain," Kakarot filled in. "Listen with joy to your mother's words in the beauty of Sh'ma Yisrael."

They sat in silence for a moment until Krillin asked another question. "Goku, if you could have one wish, what would it be? I'd wish to be a fighter."

"I'd wish…" Kakarot trailed off. "I'd wish that I could see my family again."

Outside the door, Roshi was listening to the two talking. 'Boys,' he thought. 'I have a way to make both your wishes come true.'

He walked away down the hall, leaving the two best friends to talk until they fell asleep.

SOB! I'm trying to make the mood sad.

REVIEW!!!!