Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Thinking Back ❯ Thinking Back ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thinking Back

By: Trina

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or any of its characters.

Warning: Mild angst, possible OOC, AU

Chi-Chi sighed softly to herself as she walked along the yard, just thinking. Mostly about her husband, Goku. She couldn't believe he was really gone and that he didn't WANT to come back. What did that say about their life together? About her? About their child?

How could Goku WANT to stay away? Especially since she was pregnant again. She knew it was a boy and she had already picked out the name Goten for him. How was she going to do this alone?

Of course, Bulma had offered to help her and her father wouldn't let her be alone if he thought for one minute she was in need of help. But, that didn't matter. She didn't WANT Bulma or her father. She wanted Goku. He was her husband, her life…she knew that this life was going to really get him killed sometime.

She just couldn't get over it. How could he NOT want to come back to her?? Didn't he love her? Didn't he love Gohan? Of course, he wasn't aware she was pregnant again, at least not to her knowledge. She hadn't known until after he was dead. It wasn't right, the way he always treated her. He left her alone all the time and went to fight when others were perfectly capable of doing so themselves. As if they couldn't get along with Goku, and worse without Gohan!

She was angry with him as well as she was sad. Finally, when he did die and had the chance to come back he didn't want to. But, when the world was in danger he couldn't wait to get back. She thought it a little self-righteous of him to think that he was the only one that could help. So, he'd gone to King Kai to train. And he'd been stronger than ever when he came back. Unfortunately, he didn't think the same of her. He didn't think she needed him, apparently. Didn't think she WANTED him. How could he think that?

A few tears slid down Chi-Chi's face. She found herself almost hoping that the world would be in danger again, for some reason for Goku to want to come back…even if it wasn't for her. She wondered if he would even care that she was pregnant again. He'd been there for the birth of Gohan, but would he want to be here for the birth of Goten? Would he care enough to come back if he knew she was pregnant? She doubted he would care enough to come back. But, if he were here she knew he would be with her when she needed him.

Yamcha came up behind her and hugged her gently from behind, rubbing her belly a bit. He'd been there at the birth of Gohan, as well, and he'd told her he would be there for when it was time for Goten to be brought into the world as well. He was a good friend, and despite the intimate way he was holding her that's all they were. Friends.

"You should come inside. Its getting cold." Yamcha warned.

"Alright…" Chi-Chi answered, distractedly.

"You can't beat yourself up over this Goku thing. I'm sure if he knew your condition he would come back."

She sighed softly again as she went into the house with Yamcha. She was glad someone was sure of that.

Fin