Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Tragedy ❯ Beginning and End ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It seemed like an eternity since peace had existed. One battle after another, all for one pointless war that no one remembers starting. And yet, through the bitter smell of death and the fear of each other, love shone through for two people that society called enemies.

 

She, a woman of power, a special ability that was harnessed by her country, had been fighting since she was of age. He, your ordinary solider of war that had seen more than he wanted, had his heart captured by a prisoner.

 

Then, it was known as treason. Falling for the enemy was a crime, punishable by death. So he let her go, helped her escaped to her own side…the war was rumored to be over soon. One last battle would end it. And neither was called for it…or so they thought.

 

"Please, don't go! What happens if-?"

"Trust me" She whispered to him, cupping his face with her free hand "I have been fighting for 8 years now and have yet to die"

"But what happens if-" He started, but she silenced him with a finger

"Nothing will. I will fight and who ever wins, wins" She gave him a sweet kiss, before leaving the room "I won't die on you..." Her last words to him as she left the house.

 

He sighed, falling to his chair as his breath left his lips. She would be leaving the camp by now, heading towards the final field of battle. But he had no time to dwell on his thoughts of her, as the phones shrill rang.

"Hello?" He murmured into the phone, rubbing his temple

"Tr…Don't…let…leave…" The static from the phone broke up the words

"What? Who is this?"

"Go…ten" The voice sounded over the noise

"What's going on?"

"Suicide…mission…Pan…" The phone went dead. He screamed into the receiver, hoping he had heard wrong…but the twist in his stomach told him otherwise. All rational thoughts had disappeared as he bounded out the door…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

He pulled her through the corridors, her trailing behind him. He had found her, facing an army of men…and at the last moment, he pulled her away, running through the corridors with her. He had no idea where he was going, but it didn't stop him. He could hear the footsteps of the soldiers behind them, following their every move. Their guns bang against their hips, the noise echoed to his ears. They gasped for breath but did not stop to take one. They had no time…

 

Trapped, like mice. He looked to the doorway, seeing the army set up to shot them. No escape. He glared at the men, holding his love tight to him. Their guns clicked.

He looked to her, lovingly, staring deep into her eyes. And, with the same expression, she looked to him, a soft smile on her face. But, in the last seconds that had together, not one word was spoken.

 

The guns boomed, the trigger pulled and the bullets shot. Some flew past them, others hit them…Holding each other, they fell, letting go as they hit the ground. She looked to him, staring wide eyed at his dead body. She reached out to him, curling her hand towards him. He lay there, face down...He didn't move. A tear escaped her eye, trickling down to the ground they lay on. And with her last breath, she whispered his name, quietly, to herself more than others.

 

"Trunks…"

 

 

 

Based on a final fantasy story.