Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ True Calling ❯ True Calling ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

True Calling

By: Cryptina Maxwell

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or any of its characters. I am not making any money off of this fanfic.

Warning: Shounen ai thoughts, possible OOC, AU

It had been a year since I came back. I'd been gone for who knows how long, but came back for a simple reason. Most figured it was to be closer to my father, but that wasn't the truth. It was nice that I could be close to father, very wonderful in fact, but I came back to be near Gohan.

Yes, I know that its very complicated and he isn't the same Gohan that's from my time. But, I know what I feel and I love him just the same. I sometimes wonder about myself, having fallen in love with him when he was still a child, but now that I see him as a teenager, nearly an adult; I can't help but feel my love for him even more.

I came back because I felt a calling, something was drawing me back. I knew it had to be Gohan and I was right.

Unfortunately, Gohan is dating a girl right now. Videl, I think her name is. So, I can only watch from a distance. I want so badly to tell him that I love him, but I can't. If I did, it would change things between us and not for the better. I am happy just being his friend if I cannot be his lover.

Of course, it hurts. It hurts more than words can describe. But, there is nothing I can do about it. I will not interfere with his happiness, and just hope that Videl continues to make him happy. I long to kiss him, even if its only just once, but I know that can never be. He would never do that to Videl, he loves her too much, I know he does. I see it in the way he looks at her.

Yes, I know its wrong to spy on them the way I obviously have been. But, wrong or not I can't help it. I don't mean to spy, but my eyes are drawn to Gohan no matter what he's doing, even if he's kissing Videl.

It hurts so much to watch him kiss her, to watch him look at her the way I wish he'd look at me. To listen to him talk of marriage with her. He speaks to me frequently, but always about Videl. Hardly ever about anything else. Even when I change the subject, it magically returns to Videl sooner or later. So, I just let him speak of her, it makes him happy. And I like to see him happy.

End