Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Trunks' Dad ❯ Sleeping Prince ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

::What if Vegeta had lived? ::

Trunk's Dad

By: Daniel of Lorien

Gohan looked down on Vegeta whose life blood slowly seeped out of the many wounds he hand received at the hands of the androids. He was alive, still and holding on to it with all of his pride. Gohan grabbed him and jetted off toward capsule corp. He kept low to the ground but as he felt Vegeta's ki slowly weakening he blasted off full power towards CC.

Bulma was sitting down nervously waiting for the others to come back. She had a dreaded feeling that Vegeta was dieing, and there was nothing she could do about it. Fear and doubt gnawed at her soul until she could feel the bile of her upset stomach raise into her mouth burning her nose and leaving a most unpleasant taste in her mouth as she swallowed it back down. She paced around the room until the door was kicked in and a beaten and blooded Gohan carried in a near dead Vegeta.

"Hurry he doesn't have much time left!"

Bulma sat Trunks on the sofa and ran down with Gohan to her lab were she and Gohan quickly fitted Vegeta with a breather and cleaned and bandaged the wounds that were on him.

Bulma had gone and got Trunks as soon as Vegeta had come to a somewhat stable condition. She cradled the small child while she stared blankly at the father now so close to death. `But how' she though, `isn't he a SSJ?'

She looked over at Gohan whose face was smattered with blood and dirt except were his tears had cleaned it off. It broke her heart to see him like this, the once exuberant child now made an adult year too early.

* * *

In Vegeta's head a war is raged:

Vegeta sat lonely in the cell that Feeza had thrown him in. It was cold and it stank of death. Vegeta could feel the tears inside him welling up. Why had his father given him up? Why did Freeza want him? Vegeta would always get a funny feeling when Freeza was looking at him and quickly move out of the tyrants view.

Loneliness seemed to overcome him and consume him, his mind wanted to give in and die, but his body was not willing. Death was all he needed, the release from this slavery which his father had given him into. He clenched his hands in frustration. Wasn't he supposed to be the Legendary? Why was he given away? Why was he the one to suffer for all the weaklings? In the corner of his mind he knew that he was a super saiya-jin, but how?

He was the prince of all Saiya-jin! How dare they hold him in a captive cell, his anger blared out as he powered up. This isn't right he yelled out into the hall. This isn't how it's supposed to be! He knew no metal could hold his power and he ripped them off.

He looked down at the bars that were suppose to be able to hold the strongest elite and frowned. How could he just rip them off without any problems? He was strong, but he wasn't delusional and he knew the power to do this was out of his league. Something felt wrong about this situation. He knew that his life wasn't the only thing at stake here, but the lives of some one else that matter though he couldn't remember who.