Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Battles ❯ Dreams Come True ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The dream was always the same; the white-hot screams of agony and death rang in her ears as she watched on with silent awe. Smoking craters littered the hardened cement streets while the people ran in every which way, trying to find salvation from this immense evil.

Her eyes sought this evil; searching the scorched sky as well as the barren ground on which she stood. Yet when they finally found the bright luminescence straight above, she heard that the screams didn't come from the scattering city but it came from the descending aura.

"Behold the Bane Darkness," the being had always said. "I am the upholder of pain and anguish. Saiya-jin of Vegetasei, princess of the ancient race; bow before your maker."

Each time this dream had recurred in her subconscious, Bra had knelt before the white light and praised it in an ancient tongue that she was normally unfamiliar with. "Nktaru pianthla akniktee, Sionay," were the words that always left her dream self's mouth. And each time she dreamt the sequence after those words were spoken, the being of white light had rewarded her with a golden sword of unknown origin. Then came consciousness.

*********

Blessed dawn had reached her, just as it had done the day before and the day before that and had done since the beginning of her time. Bra was glad that she was awake once again. That dream had been recurring frequently for the past few months and she was growing more and more anxious to know what its origins were.

Perhaps you should ask Papa.

Bra considered this for a moment and decided that it would be the most logical course of action; Papa always knew exactly what to do in situations like this anyway. She first allowed her body a quick stretch before she threw on a robe and slippers and padded slowly down the stairs to see if her father was in the kitchen.

He wasn't.

The gravity room! That's where he'll be!

Her pace quickened as soon as she was out of the small kitchen door; she must talk to Papa before she forgot those words she'd spoken in her dream. They just had to mean something.

"What were they again?" Bra said aloud to herself as she walked to the gravity room.

Nktaru pianthla akniktee, Sionay, came the voice inside her head.

Why are you helping me? Bra inwardly asked the voice.

Because I have to, that's why. There's reason for me to be here and there's now reason for me to help you. Now find your Papa. He'll know exactly what to do.

As much as she hated to admit it, the voice was right. Papa would know what to do about her dream and tell her exactly what it meant. When Bra reached the gravity room, she eagerly entered, anxious to find her father. And find him she did. Vegeta was bouncing around - well not bouncing, but you get the idea -, working up a sweat just before breakfast. A sudden spell of dizziness overcame her as she stepped into the room and before she knew it, she was on her knees whispering for her father. It took Vegeta a few seconds to realize his youngest child had walked in on him during a session.

"Bra!" he cried as he ran towards his daughter, "Computer! Gravity force to normal!"

Vegeta lifted his daughter into his arms and held her close to his body.

She may have developed a brain aneurysm, you know.

Vegeta inwardly growled at the voice that regularly tormented his mind. But it was right. Bra may very well have sealed her own fate… she was not used to such high positive G-forces in a single dose. Sure, Bra had ridden various roller coasters and thrill rides at different amusement parks but she had never come across anything like this.

"Oh Kami-sama. Please, Bra, be ok. Princess…" A cough escaped her lips as she finally rose back into consciousness. And as she did, Vegeta's worried look melted away into a look of pure relief.

She was ok. No brain aneurysm, no coma, and thankfully, no death. She was ok.

Hugging his daughter tightly to him, he felt tears streaming down his cheeks. But he didn't care. His baby daughter was ok. And so, he allowed the tears to stream and fall down his cheeks, spilling onto his teenage daughter's robe.

This isn't very Saiya-jin like, Vegeta.

I don't care, Vegeta barked back at the voice, my daughter could have died. She's our one true hope for any future; you know that.

Yes, I do. You must ask her if she has had any strange recurring dreams lately and if these dreams are anything like the dreams you once experienced yourself you must accelerate her training.

"Papa…?" came the hesitated whisper from below.

Concentration broken, Vegeta returned his attention to his shaken daughter. His muscles tensed momentarily as Bra shifted in his arms.

"Papa… I'm sorry. I didn't know you'd have it on so high."

A finger was placed on her full lips as Vegeta shushed her gently.

"Shh, Bra, it's ok. I didn't know you'd be up so early. I should get an 'intruder-alert' system installed in here so I'll be aware that you'd be entering and the gravity level would be automatically set back to normal ranges. I…I…I was so worried I'd lost you, Bra. Don't do that again, ok? But that aside, what seems to be troubling you, daughter of mine?"

(Manders-chan: a caring and kind Vegeta? Who'da thunk? ^_^)

Her hand nervously ran through her long strands of blue hair as she debated whether or not she should tell her Papa. He was already worried enough about her, he didn't need to worry about a dumb dream she was having.

Tell him anyway, Bra. You never know.

"I had this weird dream last night; well, actually I've been having the same dream for past few months. At first I thought that it was just my subconscious telling me a story that I should write but it seems to go deeper than that."

A gasp escaped Vegeta's throat as she said the word: dream. It was true! The prophecy was real!

Ask her to tell you about the dream. It may have been a really weird dream but it may not have been like the ones you used to have about Sionay.

His hand found her shoulder and he gently squeezed it, "What was it about? Did you see death or destruction in this dream."

Bra nodded enthusiastically as her eyes brightened and widened much to her father's dismay.

"Hai, Papa! How did you know?"

"I know because I've had the same dreams. Was there a being of great white light?"

"Hai."

"And did this being give you something?"

"Hai!"

"What was it?"

"A great golden sword. Oh Papa, if only you could have seen it! It was the single most beautiful thing that I had ever seen both in consciousness and in the dream world. Along the hilt were rubies and diamonds and gems of nature I had never seen."

"Was there a dragon on this hilt as well?"

Bra grinned; Papa knew what she was talking about!

I told you! I told you that your Papa would know about this.

"Hai Papa!"

Vegeta closed his eyes; this wasn't possible. The Chosen One was prophesized just after the fall of Vegetasei… there was no way that the Saiya-jin race could be rebuilt so soon after their great fall.

Well, it's about time you tell her about Sionay and the destruction of Vegetasei. And for Kami-sakes Vegeta, don't get angry at the thought of Sionay… let her decide for herself about this one.

Rising to his feet, Vegeta beckoned for his daughter to do so as well. He was going to need a few hours to tell her about Sionay and her ravaged kingdom and there was no way he was doing it on an empty stomach.