Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta and the Great Dating Adventure ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Why do you keep asking me this?

AN: This chapter is for the ultimate reviewer, Susan and Alexa (I think that's right).

* * *

Trunks was creeping along the road scanning the area for Danny's car when something blue caught the corner of his eye. He turned just in time to see the blue Kia speed by.

'Gotcha,' he thought as he pulled out his cell phone and dialed his dad's number. It took five minutes for Vegeta to figure out how to answer the thing.

"What?!" he barked into the receiver.

"I've spotted them."

"Fine. Take care of him and secure the girl. I'll meet you back at Capsule Corp."

"But Dad I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because they're gone."

"Gone?!" Vegeta raged. "If they're gone what the hell are you doing on the phone with me?"

"I thought you'd want to know I found them," Trunks said lamely.

Vegeta took a deep calming breath. "Which way did they go boy?"

"They're heading east down Miller's Road."

Vegeta hung up the phone and shook his head. He would have to limit the boy's time with Kakarot's son. The boy seemed to get stupider every time he came home. He turned to go back to the main road.

* * *

Vegeta landed as he reached a fork in the road. `Now which way,' he wondered.

"Which way did they go Dad?" Trunks asked as he landed behind his father.

"I don't know," Vegeta said sarcastically, "I didn't see them."

"Look I'm sorry. Can't we just move on?" Trunks asked.

"Whatever," Vegeta said. He returned his attention to the road. There wore tracks going both ways, so Vegeta made a quick decision.

"You go that way, leading back to Capsule Corp and I'll go this way. That way if I meet up with them I can handle it myself."

Without another word Vegeta took off in search of the car.

* * *

Trunks flew along searching for the car. As he came closer and closer to his house he lost hope that he would find. He landed in front of Capsule Corp and pulled out his phone. He was dialing his dad's number to tell him he hadn't seen them, when a pair of headlights pulled into the driveway. He quickly ducked behind a bush.

* * *

Bra sat in the car and waited for Danny to come around and opened the door for her. All in all she'd have to say the date turned out pretty well. It wasn't ending like she'd hoped but there was always next time.

Danny helped her out and walked her to the door. They stood glancing nervously at each other for a moment.

"Well," Bra said breaking the ice.

"Well," Danny repeated.

Bra stared at her feet. Danny stared off into space.

Finally Bra had had enough and asked quietly, "Don't you want to kiss me?" she sounded hurt that she should even have to ask.

"Yeah of course I do," Danny said but made no move to do so.

Bra let a growl of frustration then stepped into him, grabbed his neck, and pulled his lips to hers. The kiss was soft and sweet, like a first kiss should be. It was also way too short as far as Bra was concerned.

"I'll call you," Danny said softly as he pulled away. He ran his hand gently across her cheek making her blush then he turned and headed back to his car.

Bra watched him get in and start his car and waved as he pulled off. She had turned to go into house when she felt a familiar ki flare. She turned around and looked into the bush that the energy was coming from.

Her anger flared as she called out, "Trunks is that you?!"

As he had watched the boy kiss his sister, Trunks had accidentally let his ki flare. Now, having been caught he stood up with a smile more common to the Son family and said, "Uh, hi Bra."

Bra narrowed her eyes, "Have you been out here all night?"

Trunks thought for a moment. He had several options here. He could lie and say no, but she probably wouldn't buy that. He could tell the truth but his dad would kill him. That left only one option, tell her he had been in the bushes all night.

"I'm sorry Bra. I wanted to make sure you got home safe," he said lamely.

"Tru-nks," Bra said stomping her foot. "Honestly, I swear sometimes you're worse than Daddy!" she said as she turned and went into the house in a huff.

"But Bra wait-" Trunks said chasing after her, completely forgetting the call to his father.

* * *

I hope you guys don't think that's the end. The date with Bra may be over but Danny's night most definitely isn't. Please don't forget to leave a review. Thanks for reading.