Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta's Home Sweet Home ❯ "Good Morning?" ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Regular Life
 
 
Vegeta slowly pulled the black wife beater tank over his head and down his weist. He stood in gray slacks and bare feet. He looked at the clock that was sitting on the schifferobe , it read 7:56 am in the morning.
 
Wright beside the clock was a picture of Bulma and `the two brats' as he called them. There were a bunch of smaller framed pictures with Trunks and Bra in them, pictures of Trunks when he played soccer and from being in the world tournament and then other's of Bra and her dance uniformsand gymnastic pictures. Those were actually the best `sports'for her to play.
 
She was half Saiyjin which added a lot ofextra flexibility to her. Vegeta sighed and wondered what had become of him, he had never pictured himself like this, he would never have even fathomed it. The Prince of All Saiyjins, living among humans as one of them.
 
He left out of his room and started his walk down the hall, he stopped by a cracked door that had hard metal music being played at a low volume, he kicked the door open and stood in the frame.
 
His fifteen year old son lay in a bed that was covered with clothesnot to mention the floor was in the same condition.
 
Vegeta scowled and put his hands on the frameof the door.
 
“Trunks,Trunks! Wake up. We have training to do, dress yourself and come downstairs.” Vegeta said as he watched his son start to move.
 
Trunks slowly sat up and looked at his father through slanted sleepy eyes.
 
When Vegeta was sure that the boy wasn't going to fall back asleep he turned and left to go to the kitchen.
 
Vegeta walked into the kitchen and over to the cupboard where he pulled out a large soup bowl and then a pair of chopsticks. He set both down when he heard something. He walked over and looked out the window that let you see out into the backyard.
Out in the backyard was a tennis court in the distance, a large moon-walk,and a huge dome that was filled with the capsule corps specie animals.
 
There was also a large pen that had a puppy in it and then a large area with a hot tub and a Huge swimming pool that had a drink bar rightin the center of it like a cavity, and there splashing in the water was a six and a half year old Bra.
 
Vegeta growled to himselfand stomped over to the backdoor where he yanked it open and then stepped out. He looked over to the pool and yelled out, “What are you doing brat, get inside!”
 
He watched as she turnedand looked at him, “Ok daddy” she said as she started dog paddling towards the other side of the pool to get out.
 
She pushed herself out and started running towards the house, to be precise the door Vegeta had just stepped out of.
 
Vegeta walkedback in and picked up his bowlthen he started scooping rice out of the rice cooker and putting it in his bowl.
 
Bra ran into the house, she shut the door behind her and turned and looked at her father her arms wrapped around her body and her lips quivering with the cold.
 
Vegeta looked at her as he shut the rice cooker and then picked his bowl and utensils up.
 
“What were you doing?” he asked as he walked overand sat at the table with a gruff.
 
Bra followed him over tothe table and took a seat next to him. “I was swimming daddy.” She said with the smile that he could never repudiate.
 
“It's to early in the morning for you to be going out, you'll wait for Trunks or myself, you have not mastered the water yet.”Vegeta said taking a bite of his rice.
 
“I have too” she said in a whine with her face in a pout. She pushed herself up and walked up to Vegeta where she pushed herself up into his lap.
 
“I want some” she said taking his chopsticks from him and taking a bite of his rice, Vegeta sat back and chewed his previous bite as Bra sat on his leg and ate from his bowl.
 
It was about that moment that both Bulma and Trunks came down the stairs, Trunks walked over, sat at the table and then just let his head fall, for all to see thathe was still basically asleep.
 
Bulma walked straight over to the coffee machine and flipped the switch to start the coffee. She then walked over to the fridge and pulled out some fruit. She set it on the table and groggily looked at Vegeta and Bra.
 
She side stepped and took Bra's face in her hand. “Why are you wet young lady?” she asked.
 
Vegeta easily pushed her off his lap and started to eat again,when he said “She was in the pool” he said as he took another bite.
 
“Bra Rieanna Vegeta Briefs! What have I told you about going out to the pool without one of us with you?” she asked angrily
 
“I couldn't ask you, you were asleep.” She said in a whine.
 
“And that's what you should have been doing. You aren't ready to be swimming alone, now this is the last time I'm going to tell you. Don't go out in the pool without Trunks, Daddy or Myself.” She said as she pointed a finger at her.
 
“Ok” she said angrily as she through herself in her seat and crossed her arms looking mean at Bulma.
 
Bulma turned and walked over to thepan with the lid on the stove,it was chicken fried rice with extra egg.
 
She smiled to herself the program bot she had made was working great, it cooked, cleaned and was even smart like a computer so it could helpBra and Trunks with their Homework.
 
Bulma opened the droor to the side of the stove and pulled out a hot pot cover and she used it to lift the potof Fried Rice and then carriedit over to the table where she sat it down.
 
Vegeta looked at Trunks and noticed that he still had his head down.
 
“Get up and eat, you aren't going to waste valuable training time with your laziness. Ill stand you up if I have to.” He saidwith a glare.
 
Trunks sat up with a sigh, obviously in one of his moods, believe it or not Vegeta had let him sleep in, normally the boy would wake up at about 4 or 5 and start training but this morning he was let a little slack.
 
Trunks stood up and walked over to the kitchen sink and washed his face. The cool water felt very refreshing. He squenched his eyes shut and then started reaching and feeling around for a kitchen towel which he found and dried his face.
 
He then walked over and kissed his mother on the cheek and reached above her to get a bowl.
 
“Morning baby did you sleep ok?” she asked.
 
“Sure” he said as he turned and walked back to the table. He started filling his bowl up with a very large serving of Chicken Fried Rice.
 
Bulma walked over and handed a bowl to Bra and a piece of Fruit.
 
“Why do I gotta always eat this?” she said looking at the papaya
 
“Because Nanuh, always made me eat a papayaevery morning and look how beautiful mommy turned out.” She said with a soft smile.
 
“Yuck” she glancedover at Trunks and said “Why doesn't he ever have to eat it?”
 
“Trust me `BB' I did” he said as he made a face at the fruit and then took another bite of his rice.
 
“Why don't you not worry about him and do as you are told.” Bulma said turning to look at her before she turned back and poured herself a cup of coffee.