Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta vs. Freud ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vegeta vs. Freud

Part One

Vegeta calmly walked down the stairs making his way to the kitchen where he would stock up on food for the trip he was taking, although he wished he was training today instead. But he inadvertently blew up the capsule, and it was the last ready made capsule that Doctor Briefs had available, so he had to wait for another one to be built for him. "Damn, useless mechanical junk," he muttered as he pushed his way into the kitchen. "It couldn't stand up to one small Super Vegeta Big Bang blast." He moved toward the gleaming refrigerator that would provide him with sustenance, he had to get out of the house before his mate came home and decided they should spend quality time together. "Damn, quality time."

Bulma rushed into the house clutching a white piece of paper to her breast, as if it was a life saver. She had to show someone, this was the luckiest thing that had ever happened to her--today. Hearing noises from the kitchen area Bulma rushed into it hoping to burden someone else with her new found joy. "Vegeta," called Bulma recognizing the spiked head sticking out of the icebox. "I got it! I won! This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me. I can't believe I won!" she gushed excitedly dancing over to her husband. "I can't believe it! I won!"

She found him. Vegeta groaned and shut the pantry door. "What the hell are you babbling about, woman?" He hoped it wasn't another vacation. She was always entering contests to win vacations. She had enough money, why didn't she just pay for one and go there--without him. "What have you won?" He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the cool metal of the refrigerator.

Bulma danced in front of him and waved the white sheet of paper under his nose. "I won this," she pronounced smugly. "This is a special letter from King Enma, saying that I have won the Freudian Contest."

Vegeta lifted an elegant brow. "What in hell is the Freudian Contest?"

"It was a contest that King Enma was holding that anyone who wanted to enter could win a special day talking with Dr. Freud. And I won." She looked down at the paper again reading the words that she won her day with Freud--well, not her exactly but that didn't matter.

He looked at his mate's face aglow with pure bliss, and felt a tinge of jealously. Who was this Doctor Freud, and why did his mate want to spend the entire day with him? Vegeta glared at the letter. He didn't think it was a good idea to let Bulma spend the day with some strange man he didn't know. "Who is this Dr. Freud that you've won for the day?"

Bulma glanced up from the paper. "Who is Freud? Did you just ask who Freud was?"

Letting out an impatient breath Vegeta glared at her. "Yes. Now, Who…is…Freud?"

Bulma turned to walk to the table she didn't think she liked the way Vegeta was glaring at her. Could he have possibly saw when she waved the paper in front of his face. No, he couldn't have, otherwise he would be really angry. "Oh," she shrugged nonchalantly. "He's just the father of psychoanalysis."

Vegeta stared at her for a long time before he lifted his hand to rub his throbbing forehead. "If I remember it right psychoanalysis is what a psychiatrist does."

Bulma nodded.

Vegeta let a breath of relief. Good he didn't have to kill anyone over her again. The last time he did it she went around thinking she was pure gold. His beautiful mate was entirely too vain. Well now it was time to mess with her a bit. "You came in here dancing around waving and clutching that piece of paper like it held the secret of the universe. And the only thing on it is that you won a trip to see a shrink!" He laughed. "A mind doctor. You truly are a foolish human! Even Kakkarot knows not to be ecstatic about seeing a shrink. Wait until all your friends find out." He continued to laugh at her. "I guess I could say about time."

Bulma glared hotly at Vegeta. How dare he laugh at her. "Well, they won't know that it was me who went to the psychologist, since your name is on the winning letter," she shouted at him over his annoying laughter.

"What?!" roared Vegeta as he stopped laughing and stepped forward menacingly.

"Shit," muttered Bulma as she rose from her chair with the offending letter in hand and quietly backed away from the table to escape as he stalked her with a feline grace. "Vegeta, now don't get angry."

Vegeta backed her into a corner of the kitchen. Anyone who would happen by would think it was a quiet interlude between two lovers--that is if they didn't get a closer look at the quiet fury in Vegeta's eyes. "Why, would I get angry? I know I didn't hear you just say that my name is on your winning letter, did I?"

Bulma looked into Vegeta's burning black eyes, and squeaked out a "yes" making his eyes flare and darken even more. She put a hand to his warm chest. "You see Vegeta, one stipulation of the contest was that you could only enter once, and since I really wanted to win I entered everybody in the household: you, mom, dad, and even Trunks." She gazed up at him with doe-like blue eyes begging for forgiveness. "I just really wanted to win. Besides when we became bonded mates, you told me 'every thing that you possessed I possessed.' Doesn't that include your name?"

Vegeta looked down at her hand and back into her eyes, he didn't know whether to kiss her or wring her neck--probably he should do both it was a win-win situation for him. He listened to her repeat the words he said to her on the day he figured out they were bonded. So she wanted to play semantics, huh? "Yes, I said that, but it didn't include my name."

Bulma batted her eyelashes at her mate hoping to try and turn his mind from the subject at hand. "How was I supposed to know bonding didn't include you name Veggie-chan." She began to draw imaginary circles upon his chest. When his expression didn't change she wrapped her arms around his trim waist and laid her head on his muscular chest. "Veggie-chan?"

His black eyes narrowed at her turquoise head against his chest. He knew what she was trying to do, and it wasn't going to work, well today anyway. "Let me see the paper Bulma," he asked softly.

Feeling like she won this round when Vegeta didn't refer to her as "woman"--she gladly turned over the letter to his waiting hand. "Here, I hope you're not too angry, anata." She reached up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

Vegeta coolly accepted her kiss while he scanned the paper. "The meeting is for this afternoon." He turned away from her and smirked. "I guess I should be going then, I don't want to be late for my appointment."

Bulma snapped her head up, "What do you mean you don't want to be late for your appointment?" She spun him around to face her. "I won the private session with Freud. What could you have to talk with Freud about?" She put her hands on her hips as her blue eyes shot daggers into Vegeta. "That letter belongs to me."

Plastering a bland smile upon his face Vegeta looked down at his mate. "No, the letter belongs to me. It has my name on it: Prince Vegeta, not Bulma Briefs." He opened the letter pointing to his name on the winners line. "See. I won, you didn't. I'm Vegeta and you're a foolish human."

"B--But," stammered Bulma as she watched him fold the letter and stick it inside his glove. "You didn't even know who Freud was or what to talk to him about."

"That's okay," shrugged Vegeta. "I'll think of something when I get there." He moved toward the door. "Thanks for entering me in this contest." He mockingly bowed to her as he left the room.

Bulma stood for several minutes dumbfounded. Her dream of winning the private session with Freud had now turned into a nightmare. A nightmare that went by the name of Vegeta. He wasn't going to cheat her out of her winnings. She bolted for the door. "Wait Vegeta. At least take me with you."

Vegeta secretly smiled to himself. He knew she wouldn't be able to resist coming along. "Fine," he said as he pulled her into her arms. "You can come, but don't interrupt my session."

"Are you really going to go through with this Vegeta?" Bulma tightly wrapped her arms around her husband neck. She wished he'd use one of the capsule cars, but she knew from experience that flying with Vegeta was a lot faster. Plus she liked being in his arms.

"Of course," he said as he powered up with her in his arms. "I won after all. This could be truly enlightening experience."

"For the both of us." Bulma closed her eyes as she felt Vegeta rise up into the air. "This is going to be some interesting quality time."

"Damn quality time," muttered Vegeta as he blasted off toward King Enma's palace.

================================================================ =====

End part 1. Created [03/26/01] and Modified [04/13/01]. Don't ask where I got this story from. It just came to me one day in my government class. Wait until Vegeta meets Freud in chapter 2. Please send any and all forms of criticisms to me at: pmchivas@hotmail.com Or leave me a message in the guestbook. Dark Shadow Princess. All standard disclaimers apply.

Lunatics Ravings:

Anata: means you. But used in this form it means darling or husband.

King Enma: The Japanese ruler of the dead.

Freud: Is the father of psychoanalysis, although it isn't really used much in modern psychology.