Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Betrayed ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello! Many of you will know me as the author of 'Because of His Onyx Eyes,' well if you like that story, I'm sure you'll like this one. This is slightly more serious, but hopefully it won't be depressing, but it will be a slightly DARK A/U, so all you little children please refrain from reading!

As always it a B/V. An A/U where Bulma is sent to Vegeta-sei to work for the King, against her wishes. Bulma hides behind 'ugliness' (a veil of ugliness) which is advised by her father, but what happens when Vegeta sees her true beauty and lifts the false veil? Will love prevail? (that ryhmes lol).

Anyway, this will be long, like my other epic. But not that long, my other one is 43 chapters and think I could do that again. On with the story!

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma felt her chest rising up and down at a fast pace. It seemed as if her whole world had been torn down by the man in front of her. The whiteness of her lab seemed to drain the energy from her as she tried to argue her case.

She glared daggers at her father, the man responsible for ruining her life.

Dr. Briefs looked sheepishly at his firey tempered daughter. "Bulma, please calm down. I have to do this, don't you understand? For the safety of the planet."

"What about my safety?" She spat, "Or did you happen to forget that I am your -only- daughter? How dare you use me as your bargaining tool! I will NOT go to some strange planet and help them to deal with their caveman technology!"

Dr. Briefs sighed, "Bulma, you have to do this. It's only for a few years, please try to understand. You're going and that is final. You have no choice in this, unless you want everyone to suffer along with you, at the hands of the Saiya-jins." Anger was starting to show in the otherwise calm scientist.

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO!" She screamed futiley.

"Too late. Pack your things, you leave in two hours. There will be a Saiya-jin here to escort you to Vegeta-sei."

The tone of his voice made Bulma stop all her arguing. She hated him with a passion, she was disgusted to call him her father. She screamed at his retreating back, "Fine! I'll go and you just wait and see, I will NEVER come back. Do you hear me? NEVER!" She screamed the last word out as loud as she could at the now empty lab.

Dr. Briefs winced as he heard her final word. He closed the door of the lab and left as quickly as he could. *She'll understand, it's for the safety of the entire planet.*

Bulma stood defeated in the empty lab, surrounded by her renouned inventions. She panted, out of breath and horse from the screaming.

Another screaming fit convulsed her as she thought of her father casting her aside like a broken invention. She rampaged through her lab, throwing anything and everything on the floor, within her reach. Grabbing two bottles of chemicals she threw them against the white wall of the lab, satisfied at the shattering sound.

Once everything had been more or less destroyed, she slumped to the floor, even more drained of energy than before. She sat in the middle of the lab, surrounded by her destroyed invention. She looked around the room in a daze and felt her body convulse as she began sobbing.

*This can't be happening..*

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta entered the throne room of Vegeta-sei's Royal House, disgusted at the sight of his father sitting on the throne and gloating. *Live it up old man. Soon you won't be alive to mock me. Just wait until I grow stronger than you. Just wait.* He felt like wiping his father's smug face across the floor of the throne roon.

King Vegeta caught sight of his son entering the throne room. He waved mockingly at his not-so-young son. "Ah, Vegeta! So kind of you to join me." He narrowed his eyes and continued in a menacing tone, "Where were you boy? How dare you keep your King waiting!"

Vegeta gritted his teeth together and bowed, trying not regurgitate at the sight of his father, "This boy, who happens to be twenty-four years old, was training to become stronger, FATHER." He emphasised the last word sarcastically.

King Vegeta sneered, "Watch it, BOY." He laughed as he saw his sons' expression. "And in any case, I only summoned you here for your benefit."

Vegeta quirked his eyebrow suspiciously, "Pray tell, father."

King Vegeta smiled, "In a few hours we will have the honor of having the company of one of Chikyuu-sei's female scientist."

"And how is this any of my concern?"

King Vegeta rolled his eyes, "Chikyuu-sei is renound for its technology. Think about it, if we upgrade our technology we will have better fighting equipment. Frieza won't know what hit him!"

Vegeta flinched at the mention of the lizzard's name. "What will you do with the Chikyuu-jin once she is of no use?"

King Vegeta shrugged, "Destroy her. Keep her as part of harem if she is beatiful." He smirked evilly, "I will leave that for you to decide, try not to be too harsh on the poor girl."

Vegeta shook his head, he did not care about a weakling female. He had no use in deciding what to do with her once she was not needed. Shrugging he left his father's slightly dampening company, in search of a sparring partner.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma was now in her room, encapsulating the last of her possesions. She sniffled at the unruly task, she had also been told to take most of the blue prints of her inventions.

Her mother entered the room tentatively, "Bulma dear?"

Bulma felt as though she couldn't rant, rave or throw any more hissy fits. Instead she looked wearliy at her mother and sighed sadly, "Yes mom?"

Mrs. Briefs smiled softly at her only child, "It's time to go." She caught the fallen look on her daughter's face, "I'm sorry sweetie. I tried to dissuade your father, but it seems as though those Saiya-jin brutes threatened everyone on the planet!"

Bulma nodded but didn't say anything.

Mrs. Briefs took this as a hint to leave, she hugged her daughter hesitantly and briskly left the room.

Bulma was once again alone in her bare room. She looked around, her eyes swiftly moving over the neatly made bed, which was the only thing that remained. Everything else she had incapsulated, she didn't want to think about returning to Capsule Corp. The feeling of betrayal cut too deep.

Sighing, she left the room for the last time with a heavy heart.

She walked out onto the large backyard, taking a last wistful look at the C.C building. Turning around she came face to face with her father and a very tall and mean looking Saiya-jin, whose name was Radditz, as she soon learned.

She frowned as she noticed a strange piece of glass covering his right eye. She took her sweet time in walking up to the two men, much to the large man's aggravation. She walked straight past them, towards the Saiya-jin pod. Her eyes widened as she realised it could fit two people, in a very compromising position.

She whirled around, anger evident, "It's one thing to send me to a strange planet, but come one, I am not laying down in that small thing, with this big guy!"

Dr. Briefs' jaw twitched, "Bulma, no arguing. Remember our previous conversation about drawing attention to yourself?"

She clamped her mouth shut. After the incident in the lab her father had joined her again in her room, to 'talk' to her about not causing too much upheavel with the 'strong and murderous' Saiya-jins. She also remembered that her father had told her to downplay her appearance. At the moment she looked like herself, but once on Vegeta-sei her father had advised her to not to dress so provocatively.

Radditz, who had remained silent through this ordeal, felt his patience wearing thin. He was not in the mood for pleasantries and despised being gentle and nice around these odd, emotional people. Growling, he phased in front of the blue haired female and grabbed her by the elbow. "You are now the property of Vegeta-sei. Get in the pod, or I'll have to explain to the King why his guest was sent to him in a bloody mess."

Bulma shuddered slightly and gulped. Nodding mutely she scrambled into the pod, not bothering to bid her father farewell.

Radditz smirked, he knew that Chikyuu-jin were weak, but he didn't know they were this weak! He gave her a once over as she lay curled up in a ball. Even though she was a weak snivelling female, he had to admit she was beautiful.

Putting a mask over her face and strapping her in he entered the pod and laid down behind her and spooned in the same curled up position. He felt her shiver and try to move away, feeling mischievious he wrapped his arms around her watched as the door of the pod hissed closed. The gas was now beginning to fill his nasal passages, causing his eyes to droop.

Bulma grew frightened by the minute. But her fears were soon squashed as she felt sleep overcome her body. They would reach Vegeta-sei in two weeks, she was just glad she wouldn't be awake for two whole weeks with the knowledge of being so close to a big scary man.

***************************************************************< /div>

{Two weeks later}

Bardock looked at the sattelite. He was one of Vegeta-sei's respected scientist, having failed at battle techniques, science was his forte. He saw the arrival of a Saiya-jin pod sent from Chikyuu-sei, entering Vegeta-sei's atmosphere. *Ah, we have company!*

He pressed the intercom link and was greeted with the frowning face of his King.

King Vegeta growled at being interrupted. He looked at the face of his head scientist, "What is it Bardock?"

Bardock bowed his head at the image on the screen, "Forgive me sire, but it seems as though we have company."

King Vegeta smirked at the news, "Good, go to the landing site and greet our guest. Make sure she is comfortable, her quarters will be with the other servants." He laughed cruelly and switched off the link.

Bardock shook his head, *What has the poor girl gotten herself into..?*

***************************************************************< /div>

As the pod crash landed in the site, Bulma began to awake. She groaned as she felt the remanents of the pod rolling across the ground. Fear began to grip her once again as she felt heavy arms around her waist.

Radditz awoke to a handful of blue hair clouding his vision. Growling he tried to blow it away from his nose, afraid of sneezing. He felt the small woman in his arms begin to shake again from fear. As the door of the pod hissed open, she had already unstrapped herself and jumped out.

Bulma felt herself being crushed to the ground the moment she set foot on the rocky terrain. She felt as if every bone in her body was cracking under the pressure, as she fell to her knees.

Radditz noticed her lack of balance and growled at her foolishness. Jumping out, he caught her in his arms and flared his ki causing a shield like effect.

Bulma felt the pain in her chest and limbs subside, she took deep and ragged breaths, trying to steady her pounding heart.

Radditz held her close and rolled his eyes, "Foolish human. Next time do not be so hasty or it will get you killed."

She looked up, her eyes slightly watering, "Thanks," she whispered. "Guess I'm just on a suicide mission."

He frowned at this but did not fail to take in her scent. *Beautiful..* He growled as he pushed her slightly away, still keeping her in the ki field. He noticed his father at the edge of the landing site. Grabbing her arm, he pulled her towards the direction of his father and the palace.

Bulma uttered a word of protest at being dragged around but soon kept quiet as she saw the deathly glare of Raddtiz. Bulma surveyed the newcomer and saw that he was much older than Radditz.

Bardock nodded at his son and turned to Bulma, "My name is Bardock. Welcome," he held up a metallic blue collar.

Before she could say a word a metal neck brace was placed around her neck. Bulma's looked at the man named Bardock in confusion. She watched as Radditz released his grip on her and stepped back, she no longer felt as though she were being crushed to the ground. She looked up with confusion, "Thank you, I think. My name is Bulma."

She looked around again to thank Radditz, but he had already disappeared. *Man, these Saiya-jins really aren't the talkative type!*

Bardock cleared his throat, mezmerised by the beauty of the female in front of him. He remembered how beauty was a curse on this planet and if the King were to find out, she would surely be placed in the Royal harem. He clenched his jaw as he remembered how his own mate was placed in the Royal harem, her spirit destroyed.

Growling he looked away from the beautiful female, "A word of advice, avoid the King at all costs if you don't want to become his whore. Follow me please."

***************************************************************< /div>

A/N: How will Vegeta act when he meets her for the first time? Find out in the next chapter!