Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Unveiled ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello, I'm back again with another chapter. I'm glad that everyone liked the previous chapter, I've gotten such a positive response from everyone and it makes me so happy! (I'm not high on anything, I'm just really happy lol). Here is the next chapter!

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta growled and crushed the small tear on his finger. He bent closer to her ear and gave one last parting message. "You will fear me, little ningen." Obvious anger was beginning to surface, he needed to kill something. He rose up and flew away from the palace in search of a good kill, his Saiya-jin instincts taking over.

Bulma stood still, blood pounding in her ears. The encounter with Vegeta had left her feeling more excited than frightened.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma ran back to her room, her heart was thumping hard against her rib cage. Once she reached her room in the secret passage and shut the door behind her, she leaned back and slumped to the floor.

Unshed tears began streaming their way down her face. In anger she screamed and ripped off the disgusting glasses masking her face, throwing them across the room. She felt more ugly than she had in years.

She began to shake uncontrollably, partly from fear and partly from excitement. She couldn't help notice how Vegeta's eyes had glimmered in the moonlight, the way his muscles filled out the simple blue gi he was wearing and she had to admit that he was a very handsome man. A very crude, angry, ignorant, mean man. But an extremely handsome man, nonetheless.

She sat with knees brought up to her chest, thumping her head against the closed door. She felt so torn between lust and hate that she didn't know what she was feeling. Her thoughts wandered to her home planet and she began wondering about her mother and what she what be up to.

She felt like she was sixteen again, feeling uncomfortable in her own skin and having a great sense of homesickness. Shaking her head, she roused from her comatose state on the floor and crawled into the uncomfortable army cot the Saiya-jins called a 'bed'.

Sleep did not come easy to her that night.

***************************************************************< /div>

Elsewhere, Vegeta sat on a large rock and stared in the roaring flames of the man-made fire. He grimaced as he saw the large moose-like creature that lay gutted several feet away from him. He knew why he was acting so strangely.

The Saiya-jin no Ouji was showing the first symptoms of a Saiya-jin male in heat. His erratic behaviour with the ugly Chikyuu-jin had been enough proof. The sensation of lust hit him hard as he remembered her crystal blue eyes radiating with fear and excitement. It had been a long time since he had been in heat.

The last time he was in heat was on his eighteenth birthday. He smirked as he remembered what had happened. He had caused an uproar in the palace, none of the females presented to him were worthy enough and so refused to mate with them.

In order to release the raging lust he had to be sent to the farthest desert in Vegeta-sei, where both moons were full. He had turned Oozaru and rampaged/destroyed the entire desert, leaving dead animals carcasses in his wake.

Once he had transformed back into his human form, he still needed to find a release, the fever was burning him on the inside, and had gone into his father's harem in search of a bed partner. Sure enough he found countless numbers of females who were willing to share the night with him.

He remotely remembered that at the time he had chosen a blue-haired alien, just like the Chikyuu-jin female. That alien had brought him great pleasure that night, but it was not enough for he had killed her the very next morning.

He gazed into the orangey red flames and growled as he thought of the Chikyuu-jin woman he had almost molested tonight, *Those eyes do not belong with her ugly appearance.. I -will- find out what is going on, even if I have to kill someone or something to do it!*

He glared at the tall flames that were burning. It was ironic how these flames represented the anger and lust that was burning in his heart already.

He dissipated the fire with one of his own energy balls and began to rise up into the night sky. At great speed he made his way back to the palace, knowing that the morning held an intense training regime for him, all thoughts of the blue-haired female were now a distant memory.

***************************************************************< /div>

It was now the next morning and Bulma was working diligently on a new invention, something to make a person stronger. She knew how Saiya-jins prided themselves on strength and she was sure that this creation would impress the King to no end!

Humming, she began twisting a bolt clockwise when some oil started to spurt out. Cursing, she wiped away the oil and accidently brushed her stained hand against her right cheek, thus creating a large dark smudge across her cheek bone. She looked at her face in the reflection from the shiny piece of metal and frowned, *Great, another mark to make me look even more hideous!*

That morning she had taken the trouble of looking extra grungy, and now the mark added more to her ugliness. Snorting she wiped her hand on a dirty rag and threw it to one side of the table she was working on.

Bardock stepped into his lab that morning and noticed that Bulma was already there and working. He carefully walked up to her and peered over her shoulder.

Bulma hadn't noticed that Bardock had stepped into the large basement lab.

Bardock cleared his throat to get her attention, "Ahem. What are you doing Bulma?"

Bulma squeaked in surprise and watched in horror as the piece of metal she was holding jumped out of her hands and clanged ungracefully onto the desk work top.

She whirled around, coming face to Bardok. "Bardock, you scared me! Please don't do that again. I've had enough fright's to last me for a lifetime!"

Bardock quirked his eyebrow at this, "And how is that?"

Bulma though back to last night when she had encountered Vegeta. Shaking her head, she returned back to her work. "It's nothing."

Bardock observed her working skillfully with a few wires and piece of metal, the feeling of curiosity were too strong. "What are you working on?"

Bulma smiled, mostly to herself. "Well, I know how you Saiya-jins like to be incredibly strong and pride youselves on that factor. Am I correct?"

He nodded, "Correct."

She smirked triumphantly, "Well, this is an invention that will help you to become stronger. It's better than creating weapons of mass destruction." She frowned slightly as she remembered that she was asked to create weapons of war. Surely this was better than any war weapon.

Bardock thought to himself for a moment, "And what exactly is this invention, care to expand?"

Bulma rolled her eyes at his impatience, "It's called a gravity chamber. I noticed how Vegeta-sei has an increased gravity from Chikyuu-sei. It then dawned on me that increasing the gravity meant you had to be strong to withstand the force being put on you. The gravity chamber enables you to increase gravity up to three hundred times this planets gravity thus making you achieve become a stronger fighter in a less amount of time!"

Bardock looked at Bulma with slight astonishment. Never in all his days as a scientist had he ever encoutered anything so ingenious! "That is.. Remarkable. I'm sure King Vegeta will be very impressed with your invention, Bulma."

From the shadowed corner of the room, Vegeta stepped out. He smirked at Bulma's shocked face, "Yes I'm sure King Vegeta will be very impressed. Bulma." He said mockingly with sarcasm.

Bardock bowed slightly in respect.

Bulma stuttered clumsily on her words, "H-how l-long have y-you been there?"

Bardock looked at Bulma slightly confused, "He has been there the entire time we have been talking Bulma, surely you must have notice that Vegeta no Ouji was standing in the room?"

Bulma shook her head profusely.

Vegeta only smirked, he then turned to Bardock. "Leave. I want to have a few words alone with the Onna."

Bardock frowned, "But sire-"

Vegeta cut him off and glared at the older man, "Silence. Obey your Prince and leave."

Bardock sent a fleeting look to Bulma but bowed at the Prince and left the lab, exiting from the elevator shaft.

***************************************************************< /div>

Both were now alone in eachother's company. One felt nothing but absolute fear and the other nothing but amusement.

Bulma swallowed heavily and turned her back to him, continuing to work.

Vegeta smirked cruelly and walked closer to Bulma, standing right next to her and watching her assemble the wires in a small compartment.

Bulma felt her hand begin to tremble, he was watching her with such intensity that she could feel his eyes bore holes into her hands and the side of her face.

Vegeta watched closely and noticed the slight tremble in her delicate hands. He observed her trying to attach to wires to the circuit, clearly amused at the fact that she was failing to do so.

Bulma hastily shoved the circuits to one side and turned to face Vegeta in slight anger. "WHAT? What is it, what do you want?" Her voice cracked slightly, fear evident.

Vegeta almost chuckled outwardly but caught himself. Her fear was so amusing to him. She spoke back and yet she was afraid of him, he found himself thinking that she was a strange creature.

Bulma's chest began rising up and down faster, the roller coaster of emotions she was having causing herself to become tired.

He reached out and grabbed her small hand.

Bulma yelped in shock.

He held her hand tightly, "You will create me one of these gravity chamber's you were speaking of," he growled quietly, gazing intently into her eyes.

Bulma found herself staring straight back into the emotionless onyx eyes. Her hand began to throb slightly from his grip, she nodded in agreement but managed to whisper something out, "My hand, your hurting it. Please let go." Tears began to prick the back of her eyes as he squeezed even tighter.

Vegeta looked back into the wide blue eyes that were staring deeply into him, as searching for his soul. He growled and tore off the thick black glasses that were covering her oval face.

Bulma gasped as her glasses were yanked away from her face. She closed her eyes, bracing herself for the reaction. Nothing came. Slowly, she dared to open her eyes and peek into the confused dark eyes that were looking at her, completely miffed.

Vegeta looked at the face behind the hideous glasses and was shocked, even though it could not be seen. The only emotion he allowed to surface was confusion.

This could not be right, she was supposed to horrible looking. Instead her beauty seemed to grow, save for the stain of oil on her cheek and her blotchy skin that looked like she hadn't washed her face in days.

He looked at her disgusting greasy her that was a shade of dull blue, and secretly he wondered how she would really look if given the chance at a proper wash and scrub.

Realisation hit him hard like a ton of bricks. He was now thoroughly angered by the fact that he was misguided in his interpretations of the female before him. Unconsciously, he began to squeeze her hand tighter and tighter.

Bulma cried out in pain, but he would still not release his grip from her hand.

Vegeta was deaf and blind to his surroundings. All he could think of was that the female in front of him was hiding her true self and this angered him even more.

Tears were now freely falling down Bulma's face and she whimpered in pain. She finally screamed at the top of her lungs when she felt the bones in her hand begin to crack. "VEGETA STOP YOUR'RE BREAKING MY HAND!" She managed to scream out.

Vegeta snapped out of his furious trance and looked down at the crushed and bloody hand he was holding.

He let it drop immediately and looked angrily at her crying face. "You will make me that machine and have it fixed in two days. No more and no less and if you do not complete the chamber, I will break your other hand."

Hurt flashed through Bulma's eyes and Vegeta felt his heart constrict slightly at the pitying sight of the female before him.

However, anger soon began to emerge in her blue eyes, which seemed to give off sparks. She remained silent though, not wanting to let him have the satisfaction of hearing her voice.

He spun around and stormed towards the elevator. When the doors open, he came face to face with a very surprised and shocked Radditz. Radditz bowed at his Prince.

Vegeta growled, "Send the female Chikyuu-jin to the rejuvenation tanks. She is hurt and make it fast, she has a lot of work to do when she is healed."

Radditx nodded and walked over to where Bulma was, now slumped on the floor and cradling her broken hand sobbing hysterically.

Vegeta stepped into the elevator shaft, wanting to leave this hell hole as soon as possible. The last thing he saw before the elevator doors closed was the image of Radditz cradling Bulma to his chest trying to comfort her, worry written across his face.

Anger began pumping through Vegeta's veins. *I told him to take her to the tanks, not comfort her!* He growled louder this time and made his way to his training arena, where a few hundred Saiya-jins were already training. He began training with and pounding each one of them into the ground, thinking they were Radditz.

***************************************************************< /div>

Radditz held Bulma in his arms carefully, as he tried not to do too much damage to her already broken hand. Gentleness was not his forte.

Bulma cried out from the pain as he tried to move her hand, the last thing she recalled was Radditz's face clouded in worry before she passed out from the pain.

Radditz frowned at the tiny female in his arms and at her weakness. *What have you gotten yourself into this time chibi ningen?* Gently, he stood up and carried her all the way to the medical bay where the rejuvenation tanks were held.

If he was honest with himself, then he would realise his true feelings for the unconscious woman in his arms. But Saiya-jins were never honest about their true feelings, so this was a lost cause. Or so he thought.

***************************************************************< /div>

A/N: Uh Oh, Radditz is falling for Bulma!! What will he do when he learns about her and Vegeta being together, won't he be heart broken?

LOL, hard thing to immagine Radditz being heart broken but all I can say is aww, so kawaii! How did you guys like that chapter? Please review and let me know, helpful suggestions are always welcome!

Oh and Vegeta's being so mean to Bulma ne? Well the truth is out, so stay tuned for the next chapter!