Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Brina ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's chapter 11!

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma sat on one of the large chairs by Vegeta's huge bedroom window. She looked out at Vegeta-sei's fiery red sun with a sour face. She had trapped inside the large horrendous room for the entire morning and almost the entire afternoon.

Even though the room was large, she found it to be terribly stuffy and hot. She absentmindedly itched the surface skin of her arm, the heat beginning to cause irritability on her sensitive skin. Vegeta had said that a tailor would arrive, and he still had not shown himself. She began to doubt if he was ever coming.

As the day wore on, her thoughts had grown bitter by each passing moment. Increasing by the hour, causing her to lose a tiny part of herself each time, for the duration that she was trapped in the over decorated room. She was forced to be trapped like a caged animal, much to her dismay and contempt. She had never thought her life would come to this.

Vegeta had told her that he was going to tell everyone that she was dead. After today, not one single person would know that she even existed. That she was still alive. She hated him. Even now as she thought of him, she could fathom why she let herself be misguided last night.

Her thoughts were aimless, scattered all over her mind in jumbled pieces. She wondered how Radditz would react to her death. Would he care? Of course he would care, she silently scolded herself for even doubting his feelings for her. She missed his company, even Kakarott's. For they were the only two out of three Saiya-jins that had shown her any inkling of their true selves.

She longed for Radditz to be with her at that moment, to have his kind, strong arms embrace her and comfort her pained soul. To have him kiss away any fear she felt.

Did she really feel this way about Radditz? Or was it the concept of never seeing him again that made her feel this way? But now she knew she'd never be able to see him again and know what these feelings meant, because of Vegeta.

She hated him. Why in Kami's name did she have to give herself to Vegeta?! She was scared shitless of him, but there was something in him that made her want to scream and rip his head off. And yet she had no clue as to why she allowed herself to be taken...

A remembrance shot through her mind. Those eyes... His eyes had turned from a smoldering onyx to a steely blue. It was the light of those eyes that triggered something off in her body. Like a switch, she responded automatically, not because she wanted to but because she had to.

She tore her eyes away from the window in disgust. How could she have degraded herself to even share her presence with him? He was evil, a murderer, cold and heartless. She could think of a thousand insults for him, but nothing would change the fact that she now eternally his.

Bulma snorted and stood up quickly. She began walking around the room taking in the detail which she had not done the previous times she had been in here.

Her eyes roved over the large enigmatic fire place, with the large mantle on top. Above the fireplace was an extremely large portrait of Vegeta himself, standing tall and proud, almost regal looking. She found him to be every bit as the cocky little bastard that he was in reality

There was a calm expression in Vegeta's otherwise half scowling and half smirking face, as he had his leg propped up on a rock. Bulma narrowed her eyes and the so called 'rock'. She gasped as she realized it was a dead body, gutted with his mouth hanging up. She walked closer to the portrait.

The bile rose up to her throat, as she looked even closer, examining the red washed bumps mixed with black in the background were hardly bumps. In truth it was a sea of dead bodies, all laying gutted in their pooled own pitiful blood.

She back away unconsciously and jumped as she heard a knock on the door. Spinning around, she faced the large closed double doors and frowned as the knocking grew persistent.

Unsure of herself, she hesitantly opened the door to be met with a rather large and scaly green looking man.

The scales on his skin looked more like blisters and the fierce expression he wore on his face scared Bulma slightly. He had tomato coloured hair and his eyes were large and round, with a piercing yellow colour. Like the colour of a black cat's. His features were completely mismatched, making him appear all the more dangerous.

Bulma gulped, "Y-yes?"

The tailor narrowed his eyes in mild disgust, "Are you the new whore Vegeta no Ouji has acquired?" The word he used to describe her position was crude and undeniably rude.

The question made Bulma's blood boil, her dead eyes suddenly came to life and her eyes fluttered in barely controlled anger. How dare he speak to her like that?

Bulma opened her mouth, about to give him a good telling off, when she stopped herself. If she spoke back, she would surely be hurt by the terrifying looking man! Her eyes lost the new found spark.

Instead Bulma nodded, "Yes, I am she.." She trailed off and stepped aside as he entered the room. The tailor was carrying a brown satchel, which looked too small to fit any clothing or material in.

She glared at her feet, slightly embarrassed. She had to clothe herself in the previous night's torn clothing, because there was nothing here for her to wear.

He looked her up and down for a few minutes and finally spoke, "You may address me as Lim."

Bulma nodded once in reply.

Lim took out a brown leather bound book from his satchel. He opened the book and turned the pages until he reached the middle. He looked down and stopped abruptly. Looking back up he curled his lip into a sneer, "I take it that you are concubine 457897?"

Bumla grew confused as the digits stumbled out of his mouth. A number? Is that what she was? How many concubines did they keep in the palace harem, she wondered silently.

He continued without waiting for a reply, "Ok then, whore 457897, let's see if I can fit you with the clothes you deserve." His tone was mocking.

Bulma didn't like Lim one bit. He was far too rude and incomprehensibly irritating! She was not a whore and she despised him for giving her that label.

"I have a name." She snapped, finally.

Lim was surprised by this sudden outburst. Immediately her personality shone through. he could tell that she was not a Saiya-jin because of her weak bone structure and the obvious difference in her colouring. Yet, she still spoke back, much to his inner amusement.

"Oh, and what may it be?" He asked condescendingly.

Bulma was about to say her real name, when she realized that she couldn't do that. After all, she was supposed to be dead, she thought bitterly. "My name is.. Brina." She was secretly unsatisfied with the name she had made up. "And I didn't choose to do this, you know!" She added quickly.

Lim had to give the small female credit, she had guts. And for that, she had won his respect immediately. The palace whore's were always so slutty and they seemed genuinely happy with their roles.

But this woman had spoke the truth, he could tell it by the emotion simmering in her eyes. He deemed her worthy enough to call her by her name and changed her 'number name' in his book to Brina.

Chuckling, Lim shook his head. "Very well, Brina." He took out an electronic box.

Bulma stood defiantly, daring him to continue what he was doing.

Lim punched in a few numbers on the black 'box'. "This will take your measurements." He pointed it at her as if it were a gun.

Bulma gaped, he didn't even have to come near her to take the measurements!

Once the task was completed, Lim put away the equipment and turned to speak to her, "Your clothes shall be with you in the morning."

"Ok.."

He raised his eyebrow, "Am I to understand that I was to give you a new image?"

Bulma cocked her head, "Yes." She answered bitterly.

Lim nodded, "Very well. I have spoken with Vegeta no Ouji. It seems as though he wants me to rid you of your appearance now. He told me to make you look more like a Saiya-jin."

Bulma made a dull sound in agreement. She looked around the room and gestured towards the two seats by the large window. "Please sit down, then we can begin discussing what you have to do." She said wearily. She didn't sound like a twenty-two year old anymore.

Lim was astounded that she had enough manners to ask him to sit. He sat willingly, joined by Brina sitting opposite him. He pulled out more equipment from his satchel, things that Bulma thought would never fit in there.

Bulma looked at him worriedly. The equipment looked like something someone would use to torture another being!

Lim caught the look on her face and held back a laugh, "Do not worry, this isn't as bad as it looks."

***************************************************************< /div>

So now it was Radditz's duty to kill the Prince for taking away his only escape from the darkness of the corrupt and bloody Saiya-jin race.

Kakarott watched wide-eyed, and followed his brother to make sure he did not do anything to endanger himself.

As he made his way to the arena, for the very first time Radditz realized that he had learned to love. It was a love that was so far one sided, on his part. It was a love before time.

***************************************************************< /div>

Just as Radditz approached the arched entry to the training arena, Kakarott finally snapped back into 'think mode'. He phased with lightning speed to where his enraged brother was and grabbed his arm.

"Radditz!" Kakarott pleaded, "Please don't do this. Do not challenge the Prince! He will surely kill you."

Radditz snarled and spun around to face his younger brother. "Why do I care, Kakarott?" He spat in ever growing rage.

Kakarott winced slightly, "Radditz, please be reasonable. I know that Bulma meant a lot to you-" He was cut off by Radditz's roar and jerked back as he was pushed roughly to the ground.

Radditz couldn't bare to hear Bulma's name, "Do not talk to me about being reasonable! I'm going to teach that short little twit what it is to die a slow torturous death! He made every waking moment of the ningen's life a living hell. Up until he killed her. It's time someone taught the young fool a lesson." His eyes began glowing red with fury again. He though he would internally combust.

Kakarott sighed and spoke softly, as he rose up. "Brother. Will what you do to Vegeta no Ouji bring back your ningen?" He emphasized the word 'your'.

Some of Radditz's anger faltered, "If, if it gives rest to her spirit then so be it." He said with false determination.

"But she won't come back.."

Radditz felt his anger slipping away slightly, but as he thought of Vegeta killing Bulma, his anger returned tenfold. "NO!" He roared, "She will not, but she will be happy knowing that his own spirit will be rotting in hell!"

Kakarott pitied his brother, never had he expressed such emotion. "Brother, you know Bulma-san is not like that." He spoke wisely, for a person who sometimes didn't have a clue about his surroundings.

Radditz felt the instinct to punch his brother in the gut. He resisted the temptation to do so and started making his way into the arena.

Kakarott slumped his shoulders in defeat, "You leave me no choice.." He said loud enough for Radditz to hear. In an instance he had chopped his brother on the side of his neck, rendering him completely unconscious.

"Forgive me Radditz." He whispered. He began to drag his brother to his father's living quarters.

He knew he should have respected his brother's choice, but he couldn't help himself. He couldn't let Radditz commit treason to the throne. Kakarott was loyal to the throne and he always would be. He silently asked Bulma's spirit for forgiveness in his lack of action towards Vegeta.

Kakarott saw Bulma as a friend, but he would always remain loyal to his oldest friend first and foremost.

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta stormed into his chambers and was greeted with an extreme sight.

Bulma and Lim had been talking to each other and had not noticed the angry Prince join them. Lim finally realized Vegeta was in the room and stood to bow. He was surprised that Bulma did not also bow.

Vegeta glared at Bulma's appearance, shocked by the magnitude of change. Could this really be the blue-haired Chikyuu-jin? He completely dismissed Lim's presence and stared openly at her beauty.

Bulma crossed her arms and glared past Vegeta, not wanting to look into his fierce eyes. She was still afraid of him.

"What on Vegeta-sei's name have you done to her!" Vegeta exclaimed to Lim, who was still bowed down on the floor.

***************************************************************< /div>

Zarbon carefully took small steps towards his master, "Lord Frieza," he spoke hesitantly.

Frieza watched the dark expanse of space before him in a bored manner. "What is it Zarbon?" He hissed.

Zarbon stood tall, yet he was cowering inside, "We land in one hour."

Frieza smirked at the twinkling stars before him, "Good, I was getting tired of circling the little useless planet." He couldn't help but let out a small snort of laughter.

A chill ran down Zarbon's spine. This was not good.

***************************************************************< /div>

Brolli looked at the satellite signal and growled, "What the fuck is Frieza's ship doing! It's been going around Vegeta-sei's atmosphere for the past two hours!" He exclaimed into the newly built lab.

Of course, he had been behind the burning of the previous one. Only to get at the Chikyuu-jin. He had now found out that his plan had back fired, she was dead. It was announced on one of the council meetings.

Subconsciously he punched the desk, not liking the terrible feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Frieza was coming and there was nothing he could do about it.

***************************************************************< /div>