Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Drak'se ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey there again! Right, well thank you all so much for your great reviews! They always make me smile.

To MiraisGirl87: What makes you think I'm being defensive, HUH? LOL jk, actually I was a little grumpy when I wrote the A/N. Sorry about that. And no you weren't being bitchy.

To Maria S.: Yes I would love to see it!! Thanks so much for reviewing. And thank you for having my back with the whole Yamcha deal. It meant a lot when you wrote that review and it totally stood out.

Ok, on with the story.

**************************************************************** *******

A red scaly tail whipped angrily behind the short lizard. "WHAT?" It had just come to his knowledge that Vegeta was no longer on the planet Vegeta-sei. Frieza stared coldly at his minion, Zarbon. "Tell me Zarbon, exactly where had our little monkey gone?" He knew he shouldn't have allowed Vegeta a month to recover, and now because of his great error, the little Prince had escaped. It was a good thing he had sent Zarbon to retrieve the monkey earlier, otherwise they would have never known of his departure.

Zarbon bowed his head, "It is unknown where he has gone. When I went to Vegeta-sei and questioned the King, he would not give me a straight answer. For all we know, he could be dead Lord Frieza."

Frieza tutted, "Zarbon, how naughty of you. You should know better by now that Saiya-jins don't die that easily. They need to be crushed like the infernal mammals that they are." He hissed in annoyance. Vegeta could be anywhere in the universe by now and it was obvious that the Saiya-jin no Ou had no idea where his son was, or he would have blabbed it all out. Twitching his petit nose, he fingered his sacred wine glass he was holding.

Looking sideways, Zarbon felt beads of sweat forming on his forehead. "What are your orders now, Lord Frieza."

The silent rage which was growing under Frieza's skin reached boiling point. In a fit of rage, he threw the wine glass against the white insides of the large ship, staining the elegant decor. A tiny green skinned alien beside Frieza gulped at the outburst but remained silent. Panting in rage, Frieza stood up from his miniature hover seat. With a cold gleam in his eye, he looked out of the large window and smirked as he saw Vegeta-sei in the distance.

"Zarbon," he ordered in a quiet and manic voice, "Take the ship to Vegeta-sei. I want to pay the dear Saiya-jin no Ou a much deserved visit. After that, we'll make round trip to Namek-sei. They have something I want." A low chuckle rumbled through the room. With Vegeta being off planet, what was the point of keeping the planet intact? It was useless to him now and no longer of need. He had something much more important near his grasp. The wish for immortality. After that, no pesky Saiya-jin monkeys would ever be able to harm him. Smiling gleefully he stroked the head of the small Namek-jin child that stood beside him, cowering. "Isn't that right Dende?"

Dende nodded and looked at the floor. The small child had no idea what to do. He was afraid of dying, but what scared him the most was the strange lizard creature. Being a child, he had accidentally told Frieza about the Drak'se, seven mystical orange orbs that could grant any three wishes. He didn't even know how he had been brought onto this strange ship, or where his father was. His own small pod was going towards a planet called Chikyuu, in search of his father's brother. There was a rumour that a Namek-jin had set up home on Chikyuu-sei and so Dende's father and he set out to Chikyuu-sei. It was on this adventure that their ship had malfunctioned and was spinning dangerously out of control in space. They had thought that they were saved when an extremely large space ship had pulled them in. But they were wrong. Inside of the large ship, they had been separated and Dende hadn't seen his father since and was brought into the presence of the lizard known as Frieza.

Whoever this Frieza character was, Dende immediately regretted informing him about the Drak'se and prayed for the safety of his people.

**************************************************************** *******

Two weeks had passed uneventfully on Chikyuu-sei. And they had to be the most boring two weeks of Bulma's life. If there was ever a time she was lonely, it was now. All work and no play had caused her to turn into the ogre she had been before entering Vegeta-sei's atmosphere.

Bulma had not seen Vegeta since that night she had spoken to him in her room. Well, technically she saw him at meal times but they never spoke, opting to ignore one another instead. She didn't know if she should be jumping and screaming for joy or be pouting that she had no one to talk to. He had undoubtedly locked himself away into the Gravity Chamber, training to ridiculous hours of the night. A few strands of azure hair fell across her face. In annoyance, she blew them away and continued looking at the screen of her laptop.

The clicking of the buttons on her laptop were annoying Bulma to no end. Although she knew for a fact that she couldn't stop typing. Her father had given her the prestigious right to type up an article for the scientific journal 'Quarks'. Everyone who was anyone (in the science world of course) knew of this journal, it was like the bible of science. It only came out twice a month, and this time her father had let her do the honors of typing her own piece. The joy she felt when he told her could match nothing she felt before. One reason why she was so happy for this, was that not a lot of scientists were given the honor of writing an article in it and if they did, they had to be one of the best in their scientific field.

She sighed for the umpteenth time that hour. Loneliness was weighing down on her. Kakarott and Bardock had been sent to the other capsule house in the city, her mother was currently staying with them and looking after them. Sometimes she wondered if her mother thought every adult was just another child to be coddled. There had also been no sign of Goku in two whole weeks. It was safe to say that Bulma was worried about his welfare and hoped he would come out of hiding soon.

As for Yamcha, he hadn't been seen since the night in the backyard. Sure he had called as always, but Bulma didn't think that was enough to outweigh her loneliness. Her father had been doing nothing but fix the GR every time Vegeta blew the damn thing up or shorted a fuse, or knocked a couple of screws out of the titanium metal.

Then there was the little piece of information that she pregnant. She still hadn't told a soul, of course Vegeta knew but he didn't count. Not even her parents knew, let alone friends and the heavy burdened secret was taking its toll on her. She couldn't help but get constant morning sickness, which would last for at least a few hours in the morning, wasting her precious time. She wondered what her life would have been like, had she not met Vegeta.

But the thought quickly vanished from her mind. She couldn't even begin to imagine how life would be at the very thought that Vegeta would not be present in it to accompany her. A small smile flourished on her face at the thought of the stubborn and proud Prince. Their conversation two weeks ago had been very interesting indeed. Quite laughable really. The mighty Saiya-jin no Ouji confused and distraught, the mere thought made her giggle with joy. He was definitely changing and Bulma felt herself soften towards him.

A nagging sensation in the back of her mind caused her to acknowledge something she had unknowingly pushed away. She had to revive Radditz. It wasn't fair that she was alive and he was in Hell, or was he in Heaven? She didn't know, but prayed it was the latter. But to contradict her guilt, she had in fact visited the tower in which Kami inhibited. As usual, the Dragonballs could not be used for another nine months. Someone had apparently summoned the Dragon while she had been on Vegeta-sei, much to her annoyance. She didn't know who summoned the Dragon or why, but if she ever found out, she was going to wring their neck.

The small red laser bulb in the corner of the lab began to flash. Bulma frowned as she looked up to it and its continuous flashing. A noise of irritance exited her pale lips and in conjunction to that, a deep growling sound came from the pit of her stomach.

"Lunch Break," she muttered, whilst slamming her laptop shut. Unplugging it from the main current switch, she held the small computer to her chest and began to exit the lab.

*****

Upon reaching the kitchen she found herself sniffing in the most wonderful aromatic smell. She all but ran to the kitchen, wondering who could have made the food. Her father was no cook and Vegeta would be lucky if he could turn on the oven.

Racing into the kitchen, she screeched to a halt as she saw her mother bustling around in her usual manner and Vegeta sitting at the table with his arms crossed and eyes closed, albeit grudgingly.

"Mom!" She exclaimed with joy, causing the Saiya-jin Prince to growl and open his eyes. The two orbs narrowed into two tiny and slightly angry slits. Ignoring his presence, she placed the lap top on the table and walked to the other side of the large kitchen, where her mother was finishing washing the dishes. "Aren't you supposed to be at the other house?" She murmured, hoping Vegeta would not hear.

Her mother didn't take the hint and spoke as loudly as she could, "Of course dear! But I got a call from your father and so I'm here for the day."

"Dad called you over?"

"That's right!" Mrs. Briefs clapped her hands together. "Isn't he just a sweetie?! Why I could just pinch his little bu-"

"Mother, please. No need to get graphic."

Mrs. Briefs giggled and wiped her hands dry. "Why don't you grab a plate for Vegeta and yourself and dig in!"

"What about you?"

"I'll wait for your father."

Bulma rolled her eyes and opened the cabinet to retrieve to plates. "What did you make?"

"Well, I've made Vegeta a few steaks and ribs and you some pasta."

Bulma grinned broadly, "Mmm.. Pasta. No wonder it smells so good." She handed Vegeta his plate, but when he refused to take it from her Bulma looked at him in confusion. He silently motioned for her to place it on the table. Mouth slightly agape, she did what he ordered. Mrs. Briefs brought shed loads of steak and meat to the table for Vegeta.

Bulma put the pot of pasta at the table, she began to fill her plate to the brim, licking her lips at the same time. She had to admit that she was famished. She watched in disgust as Vegeta began to devour the meat in large chunks. "You know, you could at least chew," she said quietly.

He stopped mid-bite. A feral growl came from his throat and Bulma gulped. Shaking her head, she placed a fork full of pasta into her mouth and opened her laptop once again. She began clicking away, whilst still eating. Something she had mastered at a young age.

Vegeta watched her from hooded eyes as he continued to shove fistfuls of food into his mouth. The vein in his forehead started to pound as her incessant clicking got faster and faster. Not being able to take anymore he slammed his fist on the table, causing the glass to crack. "Stop that infernal clicking!" The first words he had spoken to her in two weeks.

Bulma looked up in shock as the crack ran all the way from his side of the table to hers. She looked up angrily over the rim of the screen. "Hey buster, that was an expensive table! And no, I will not stop my clicking."

Vegeta felt his blood pressure rise. Without thinking about the consequences of what he was doing, he stood up from his seat and grabbed the small black lap top.

"Hey!" Bulma jumped up from her seat and glared at him in fury. What the hell did he think he was doing?

Growling, he slammed the lap top onto the floor, making it shatter into several million pieces. He smirked and looked at Bulma's shocked face. "Try clicking on that." His face became passive once again as he continued to devour the immense quantity of food on Bulma's table.

Her body began to shake as she stood and stared grimly at the remnants of what once was her lap top. Being on Chikyuu-sei with Vegeta had made her forget just how much of short fuse he had. If she had forgotten, then today's episode was a reminder of just how strong and fearful he was.

It was at that time that Bulma's mother chose to come out of the walk in pantry. "Dear, what was that noise? You didn't break a plate did you? You know how expensive they are." After saying all of this, her smiling face still remained. She never could get angry.

Bulma looked from the jagged pieces of her lap top on the floor, to her mother's cheerful face. Blinking herself away from the shock, she smiled shakily. "No. My lap top just fell. That's all..."

Mrs. Briefs smiled brightly. "I'll be back in a minute with a servo bot. Don't you go touching those sharp pieces ok?"

Lowering herself on wobbly knees, Bulma ignored her mother's comments and picked up the fractured pieces of her lap top, examining them one by one. There was no way she was going to be able to fix this. All this time, she had taken no heed of Vegeta's presence and at the fact that he was staring at her in amusement. Or she thought it was amusement. Sometimes she just couldn't tell with that arrogant and stuck-up jackass. With these thoughts, she had worked herself up into a bit of a temper but didn't let it show.

As he ate, Vegeta looked at Bulma's face which had paled considerably. He frowned, maybe he shouldn't have done that to her mini computer, but the noise had been annoying him to no end that something had to be done. It was her own fault for not heeding his warning, he argued with himself, trying to blame his actions on her. But he knew it wasn't her fault. He continued to eat at a slower pace as he watched her clear away the mess he had concocted.

Looking at the jagged black pieces amongst the mass of wire, she caught sight of an oddly square shaped piece of plastic that was jutting out from the deteriorated heap. Picking up the plastic, which she thought was junk, she sighed in utter relief. It was a back up floppy-disk! She hugged the disk to her chest in elation. Her article had not been lost and she could still continue typing it on her large computer in the safe confines of her own lab, with no manic Saiya-jin to shatter it into pieces. Through these bubbling thoughts, she heard the distant voice of her father.

"Bulma?" Dr. Briefs shook her daughter out of the dream-like state she was in. He had been shocked to find her crouching on the floor, surrounded by shards of metal, wires and plastic. "What happened?"

She shook her head and stared at Vegeta for the first time since he had thrown her precious computer on the floor. "Nothing Dad. Just broke my lap top, that's all."

Dr. Briefs frowned and looked between his Saiya-jin guest and his daughter. Something had happened between the two, but neither of them were budging, so he shrugged and did not bother to say anything further about the matter. "Don't worry about it dear, we've got plenty of stock in the under ground lab."

Bulma nodded and sighed as the servo bot came and began to clear the pieces away. She looked for her mother, who was nowhere in sight. Shaking her head, she looked up at her father questioningly. He never left the lab in the middle of the day. "Is something wrong?"

Dr. Briefs paused momentarily. He looked at the Saiya-jin that was still eating from a single plate, the other's being cleared away by the servo bot. Clearing his throat, he dared to speak up. "Would you mind standing for a moment and moving away from the table?"

Vegeta raised his eyes to the old man. Grunting, he stood up suspiciously with his plate and moved away from the table. In an instant, Dr. Briefs was at the table and rolling out a large set of blue prints. Bulma looked on in curiosity as her father gazed into her eyes, an unreadable expression in them.

"What's going on?" Cautiousness lacing her voice.

Dr. Briefs cleared his throat unceremoniously. "Well, uh, it seems that I may have stumbled across something strange."

The Saiya-jin Ouji snorted.

Rolling her eyes, Bulma stared at the blue prints. "What is it?"

"It's a transmitter that was part of the ship you and the Saiya-jins landed in. But when I was trying to find the correct coordinates, it somehow began to malfunction." He paused, looking gravely at his daughter. "I think I stumbled onto some kind of intergalactic war."

She frowned, "War?"

He nodded, "Well, I could here people screaming in an alien language but I couldn't understand what they were saying. However when I listened in closely, I did here someone screaming out Saiya-jins and... Frieza? After that, the transmitter died out. I need your help to see whether you can find the mistake I made in developing the transmitter's design."

Bulma nodded and walked nearer to the table, her face set in concentration.

Vegeta stared momentarily at Bulma's father. A planet was screaming the words Saiya-jin and Frieza. He blinked slowly. Something didn't seem right. "Tell me old man, were they saying things like this: Doush'kar no am'ar ki dono par'has Saiya-jin no korro?"

Dr. Briefs eyes widened in amazement. "Yes. How did you know? They were screaming it out in rage and I could here blasts in the distance."

"Because, that is the language of my planet. It means, 'Death has no boundaries for a Saiya-jin warrior.' Every Saiya-jin quotes this before their death is inevitable. How many people did you hear screaming this?"

Confusion reigned on the two Briefs' face. Dr. Briefs shrugged, "Quite a lot I suppose, but the transmitter could only pick up the voices of people within a twenty mile radius."

The heavy news sank down on Vegeta's shoulders. For the first time in his life away from Frieza, he slumped his shoulders as if in defeat.

"Vegeta?" Bulma noted the change in his demeanor. She had never seen him looking so down before. "Are you ok?"

Shaking his head he tossed the plate he was holding into the nearby sink. "Fix that transmitter, old man. I need to contact my father on Vegeta-sei." Before he could be questioned further, he stormed out of the kitchen in search of Kakarott and Bardock.

If his suspicion was right then come tomorrow, there would be no Vegeta-sei left to salvage.

**************************************************************** *******

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter and it's crapiness. Had a lot on my plate lately. Ok, so is this really the end of Vegeta-sei? Will Vegeta finally lose his planet?

Has Frieza really blown it up?!?

Find out next chapter.