Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Captured ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey, here's the next installment of my fic, hope you guys like it.

Thanks so much for your reviews. I'VE HIT THE 1000 MARK! (my second 1000, yay! thanks to ketsui who was the 1000th reviewer for the fic!). Much thanks to everyone that has reviewed my fic so far. I love you all so much. It's been a long hard road with this fic, with BOHOE, I updated pretty fast, but in this fic the chapters are so much harder to write! So thank you guys so much for taking the time out to review my fic and let me know what you are thinking of it so far.

Also, I haven't posted the last couple of chapters of this fic on Mediaminer.org, so sorry to the readers that prefer to read it there! I haven't posted there because every time I sign in, I somehow get into someone else's account and I can't update my story, no matter how many times I logout and login, I still end up in someone else's account! IT'S ANNOYING. I've had a little word with them, hopefully they will do something about it. So please forgive me for not updating there if you prefer to read it there.

N/B: 'Soch' is pronounced 'Sock'.

**************************************************************** *******

The anger from Bulma drained and she fell on her knees to the floor. "Vegeta...?" She whispered as she looked into his eyes one last time before falling unconscious.

Vegeta growled, shaking his head as he bent down to pick her up. One thought remained with him as he placed his mate on the large bed;

The plot had indeed thickened.

**************************************************************** *******

The walls began to close in on her. A lifeless hole seemed to swallow her into its unruly and unfathomable depths. In the distance of the blackness, she could make out a flash of white. White fur, perhaps? The flash of fur became bathed in blood and now she could make out the structure... A tail.

Thick, lustrous blood dripped from the snapping tail that was supposed to be of snow white fur, but no longer was it in its previous beautiful condition. In this blank and devoid space only the bloody, dripping tail existed. The rest of the world was drowned out by tuneful notes of shrill screaming in the background that had miraculously began their own orchestra of doleful, chilling screams.

It was all too much. Too claustrophobic. The sick stench of blood made her stomach churn, and yet she could only see a tail hovering before her eyes, trickled with blood.

She fell to her knees whilst clutching her ears, adding her own high pitched scream to the never ending darkness that surrounded her like a falsely protective cocoon.

A cocoon of death.

~*~*~

Bulma's eyes flew open in shock, her upper lip prickled in irritance at the beads of perspiration that were dotted along the line. Her breathing grew haggard and she moaned wearily, trying to pull herself from the confines of the soaked bed, only to find that she couldn't move a muscle.

Snarling in agitation, she tried once more to lift herself up, but not a single chord of muscle in her body would move. "DAMMIT!" She screamed out to what she thought was an empty room.

A rumbling chuckle came from the far corner of the room, much to her annoyance and surprise. "Are you going to sit there laughing at me all day or are you going to help?" She snapped much more viscously than normal.

Vegeta stood from his seat, a twisted smirk smeared across his face. "No." He had been watching her sleep for almost entire evening. Different emotions had surfaced on her features, a

reaction to her many dreams presumably.

It was quite fascinating to watch actually, the brief fleeting expressions of fear did have him on the edge of his seat, waiting for any outburst from her but nothing came. Just the many expressions on her colourful face.

She had been intoxicating to watch and so he had watched her sleep, not knowing when he had become so obsessed with the tiny human laying so temptingly on the bed. The smirk did not move from his face. He knew she was the one who was immobile.

"Vegeta, I swear to Kami, you better tell me what is happening or I am going to rip those twisted lips right off your face. And don't think I won't!" She shrieked with more venom in her voice than she had ever possessed. Of course, she didn't look the least intimidating, as she

could barely move off of the bed.

Vegeta raised his eyebrow. It seems as though the Fhak'tar had been having more of an effect on Bulma than him.

"Calm down Onna, or the Fhak'tar within you may be released and I may not be able to stop it." He didn't want to admit it, but he had to be realistic.

He had contemplated what would happen to them if the Fhak'tar did arise, many times during the sleepless night. If it did awaken within Bulma, he knew he would have to kill her, and in turn kill himself in the process due to their bond. It was the only option he had been able to think of, unless a cure was found.

One thing that could not be determined was whether or not he would be able to defeat the Fhak'tar that was inside Bulma. He could not determine the power she would possess, after all she wasn't a Saiya-jin, she was a Chikyuu-jin and so that had to lessen the impact of the Fhak'tar's power, right?

Bulma stared silently at his thought ridden face. She slowly felt the anger seep away from her ignited veins. She let out a long labored breath she did not know she was holding. Closing her eyes, she forced herself to calm down. "Kami, I'm turning into a monster..." She whispered to no one in particular.

"You are no monster, so stop telling yourself that." He snapped, shaking his head he started muttering under his breath. "Over dramatic bitch."

"I heard that!"

"Hn, good." It seemed as though her hearing had sharpened considerably as well.

Bulma growled again as she opened her eyes slowly, anger once again clouding her control.

"Onna," Vegeta said in a warning tone. He cursed himself, he was going to have to be more careful around her and vice versa. Or they would both end up clawing each other's insides out.

Bulma huffed and tried to roll over, not wanting to look at him any longer. He was beginning to get on her nerves. Grunting in frustration, she flopped back to her original place. She now knew how Vegeta had felt being immobile. Completely helpless.

A stony silence fell between the couple.

*****

The bleeping of the radar on the ship's control panel brought about Bardock's attention. He frowned and swiveled his chair over to the bleeping large dome. What little colour he had left in his cheeks, drained at the image that was closing in on their current location.

His eyes shuttered close in acute fear. Fear for him, his Prince and the rest of the people on the ship.

Snapping himself out of his morbid reverie, he smashed his fist down on the button named 'alarm' so he could warn the others on the ship and call an immediate meeting. Things were not going to plan, he feared that they were all going to be killed.

The emergency sirens on the ship blared through the intercom speakers throughout the entire ship. Red flashes assaulted his vision as he stumbled out of the cockpit to the main control room.

*****

Vegeta's head snapped up as a shrill siren flooded through his ear passageways. He growled as

the entire room began to flash to the colour red.

Fear was evident on Bulma's face as the sirens wailed loudly in the room. "What's going on?!" She shouted above the high pitched sirens.

Vegeta growled as he began to make his way to the main control room of the ship. "Wait here!" His tone being an octave above the blaring sirens

"VEGETA!" She screamed from the bed. What a stupid thing to say! Where was she going to go in her current state?! Sometimes he was just too abnormal to comprehend. She stared at the ceiling miserably as it flashed red, reminding her much of the dream she had before

awakening into her living nightmare. Why did her life have to be so complicated?

*****

"What is the meaning of this?" Demanded a rather irate Saiya-jin no Ouji to the crowd of men that had gathered in the main control room.

Everyone looked at each other uncomfortably. Only Bardock was on his last nerve, the fear

was evident on the eldest man in the room's face. He unconsciously scratched his jaw line.

"Well?" Vegeta persisted, tired of the deafening silence that the blaring sirens had left in their wake.

Bardock cleared his throat and look at his son, Kakarott in uncertainty. "Sire, it seems we have been found."

Goku frowned at his 'father'.

"Found? What do you mean, found? Get on with it old man." Vegeta tapped his foot

impatiently.

"Frieza." The cold name rushed out of Bardock's mouth in a breath of cold air.

Vegeta flinched mildly. This was not good. The room seemed to sway rhythmically.

Kakarott knew something was wrong with his Prince. "What shall we do?"

Snapping from his sickened state, Vegeta growled. "Did you put up the invisibility shield?" He directed to Bardock.

"Yes, but..." Bardock swallowed and continued, "But it doesn't keep us off their radar. It is

sonorized and they can sense any object through wavelengths. Frieza's ship is advanced, our shield won't last long against them."

Rage began boiling up in Vegeta. He could he have been so stupid?! He was not ready to face Frieza and he knew it. It didn't matter if he was a Super Saiya-jin or not, he was just not ready to face his life tormentor. He blindly pounded his fist into the steel casing wall of the ship. Fuck! He could feel the Fhak'tar push its way up through his veins, scratching and clawing to get out.

All of a sudden, the entire ship jostled and lurched. The crowd of men fell about stupidly, some fell on their face, others with more balance simply jerked. A scream resounded through the entire ship, a woman's scream. One of complete agony and anguish. Several more screams followed. Vegeta's head snapped towards the area where his room was positioned, he cursed loudly in the forgotten language of Saiya-go. He had left Bulma by herself and there was not telling what was happening to her as the ship was being bombarded with a series of blasts.

Gohan's eyes widened at the spine chilling scream. He tugged at his father's trousers as soon as the ship had steadied. "Dad, what's going on? Is Auntie Bulma ok?"

His father looked down at him with a shaky smile and placed a wavering hand on his head. "It's ok Gohan. Just remember everything I taught you, and everything will be ok. Bulma will be fine."

Gohan gave a small smile, but cried out as he was pushed roughly out of the way by an extremely angered Saiya-jin no Ouji. "Hey!" He watched as the older man all but ran out of the room.

Bardock frowned. Was his Prince showing signs of weakness? Was he actually concerned for the blue-haired woman? He silently commended the cold hearted man, maybe the Fhak'tar could be beaten after all. His gaze wandered over to his own son, the son that he had betrayed. A slight pang echoed in his chest. If only he could be forgiven, then they could both move on. But he knew his son Takkaro needed time. And if he needed time, then Bardock knew he would wait an eternity.

The ship jerked once again. His eyes widened and he snapped himself back into reality. "Every one into the cockpit. NOW!" He growled and made his way quickly out of the room. They were under attack, and for now the invisibility shield was deflecting the blows, causing no damage to the ship, but Bardock knew the shield would not hold out for much longer. He looked over his shoulder to make sure the men were following him to the cockpit.

Sure enough, the four men and boy were following, determination flowing from every pore of their skin. He knew Vegeta would join them as soon as he had tended to Bulma. He prayed to the many Saiya-jin deities that they would survive Frieza's wrath.

*****

Bumla felt the ship tremble as though it were under immense pressure. She found herself flung from the confines of the bed as the ship lurched unceremoniously. She groaned as her head thumped against the carpeted floor and she landed roughly on her stomach. A cruel chuckle could be heard from the other side of the room. "Vegeta..?" She whispered, trying to move her head so she could look at the figure that was looming over her with such cruelty. It wasn't funny that she fell!! How dare they laugh at her? She tried to move herself away from the hilarious looking shoes that were now before her face. With all her strength, she forced herself to look up.

She screamed.

The two glittering, angry eyes stared down at her. It was the green alien that had killed

Radditz... Her Radditz! She screamed again as she was yanked to her feet, every limb in her body protesting the harsh movement. Fear blinded any rage she could have felt. She began shaking as the alien named Zarbon chuckled into her face, his lips brushing over hers.

"Well, well, well." He said in a thickly sweet coated accent. "Look at what have here." He sniffed her hair graciously, running his hand through her azure hair. He ran his nose savagely down to her ear and whispered into it. "Vegeta whore."

Bulma couldn't stop shaking. Why couldn't she be angry? It was a much easier feeling but her fear overpowered any hatred or rage she felt and she was helpless to do anything about it. "H-how did you get in here?" She whispered back, praying with all her might that she was having another nightmare.

Zarbon raised his eyebrow at the beautiful creature in his arms. She certainly was a catch. "You know, both Frieza and I thought you were dead. It seems that my master has been once again been deceived by that scrawny monkey. I was told to capture the Prince, but I think you will do much better. I wonder why you can't move... Has Vegeta put his little bitch on a leash?" His eyes sparkled in a sadistic mirth as he laughed. Which caused Bulma to scream in abject terror as he brought his hand down to the side of her neck, rendering her unconscious before she could make anymore noise.

Zarbon chuckled and draped her roughly over his shoulder, "Yes, you will be a good bargaining tool." He said out loud to the empty room. Looking around, he placed to fingers to the middle of his forehead and teleported out of the ship back to his own.

It was a good thing Frieza had forced him to spend a year on Yardrat-sei to learn their 'Instant Translocation' technique before they decimated the planet. Of course he hadn't learned it to the full extent and so he could only travel short distances, but it did come in handy once in a while. He smirked as he found himself back on Frieza's large ship, the blue beauty in his arms. He watched from the nearby window as more blasts were fired at the 'invisible' enemy ship.

Yes, Frieza would like this gift much more than the Saiya-jin no Ouji. By using this woman, they could hurt the Prince more than ever before. Zarbon chuckled as he made his way through the various passageways of Frieza's ship to Frieza's control room. It would be interesting to see how the lizard reacted to this little minx.

*****

Vegeta accelerated himself off of the ground and started to fly towards his room. Panic was

rising within him as bile would. He couldn't sense her in the room any longer. Which was completely absurd as there was no way she could go anywhere because she was completely immobile!

He growled and flew haphazardly into his room.

He stood in shock as he looked at the empty, ruffled bed. Looking around wildly, he marched to the bathroom. "Onna?" He tapped harshly on the closed door. "Onna!?"

When no reply came, he twisted the handle only to find it open. Pushing himself in, he looked around the large room, eyes snapping around like a shuttered camera. Snarling, he slammed the door shut as he stepped out. She was no where in sight! Why could she never listen to him?! He had told her to specifically stay in the room and not to go wandering around. But it was completely ridiculous, after all, she couldn't move a muscle when he had last spoken to her!

Something was wrong. Extremely wrong.

Abject terror filled his core as he flew out of the room. He started to search the entire ship frantically as the ship was being bombarded with continuos blasts from their enemy ship. She had to be somewhere, his mate cannot have just vanished into thin air!

*****

Frieza tilted his head as he stared at the unconscious female that was strewn across his overly large bed. He looked back at his faithful minion and smirked at the lust that he could see growing in them.

"Tell me Zarbon, did you bring me this thing instead of Vegeta because you have an attachment to it?" His voice was laced with false mirth. Inside, he was angry for Zarbon's interest in the exotic blue haired female. It was true, she would be a perfect weapon to use against his little monkey Prince, but Frieza couldn't swat away the inane feelings of jealously that seeped into him. He grew angry at the thought that Vegeta had lied about her death on Vegeta-sei. Even his little monkey pet must have fallen for her snake-like charms to have lied about her death.

Zarbon lowered his eyes from the harsh gaze of his master. "No Lord Frieza. I simply thought she would be of use to us in capturing Vegeta."

Frieza frowned, but nodded. He clicked the tiny buttons on his scouter and took the reading of the female's power level. It was laughable.

Suddenly, the scouter began to bleep consistently. The lizard's eyes grew large as the power

reading sky rocketed. She was almost as powerful as he was in his final form... He felt truly sickened. "Zarbon, go get a ki dampening collar. I don't trust this little bitch for a moment, even if she is unconscious." He barked at his faithful servant. This woman was not normal! Her hidden power was truly a force to be reckoned with. But when he had seen her on Vegeta-sei, and her power had been nothing. Something must have happened to her in the course of time that had passed since his last visit to Vegeta-sei.

Zarbon grew flustered at the flurry of curses coming from his master's mouth. He quickly returned with the faithful collar and grimaced as he was ordered to place it around the woman's delicate neck. How could this tiny female possess so much power as to frighten the mighty Frieza? He grew wary of her, as she lay sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"What should we do with her after we have captured Vegeta, Lord Frieza?"

Once the collar was snapped in place, the ice white lizard seemed to have calmed visibly. He

smirked at the beautiful green alien. His beautiful green alien. "Well Zarbon, it is safe to say we can force Doda to erase her memories of the past and create our own ones for her. She will be a faithful and dependable ally to us. With her power, she could decimate entire worlds with a flick of her wrist is she so chooses it. We will teach her to harness her power."

Zarbon nodded at the ingenious idea. Doda was the only living alien from the planet Soch-sei. The Soch-jin used to be a powerful race of psychics, mind readers, mind healers, and mind erasers but one thing they could not determine was the future. An emerald jewel in the center of their palm could read anyone's mind if they placed their hand in the victim's forehead. It also came in handy to erase memories of certain enemies and turn them into puppets on strings. Once the said memory was erased, they obeyed your every whim. The Soch-jins entered their own version of your past or any cursed memory you had and thus, would turn you into their

ally.

Frieza had tried to do this many times to Vegeta, but for some unequivocal reason, the Saiya-jin no Ouji's mind had always been strong and impenetrable. And so the lizard gave up trying to force his ideals into the head strong Prince and figured he would simply beat him to obedience. Like a dog. Even that would not work. Frieza was on his last nerve in trying to leash the Prince, but he swore but the Gods of Ice he would have Vegeta as his servant.

A groan from the bed caught both men's attention.

Frieza smirked. It seemed as though their little prisoner had finally awoken.

*****

Vegeta stared miserably at the far wall of the gravity simulator he was sat in. His legs were laid out in front of him in a sprawled manner, his back leaning heavily against the wall of the simulator. He let out an exasperated breath he was holding back. He had searched the entire ship, had ordered the others on the ship to search for his mate. But she could not be found. She had vanished into thin air. But Vegeta knew that she hadn't vanished, he knew she had been captured by Frieza, he could sense her on Frieza's ship.

He tried to force himself to become angry, but it could not be done. His depressive state was too much for the anger to come through at that moment. The weight of the bond could be felt on his shoulders at the knowledge that she was with his life tormentor, he didn't have a clue as to what torture she was facing. A part of him secretly didn't want to know.

Growling with new found life, he stood from his defeated position on the floor and made his way purposely to the ship's control room where he knew the other men would be.

This was not him! He was not a simpering fool that would mourn the loss of his mate. No. He was the Saiya-jin no Ouji. He would not accept defeat, he would fight for the return of his mate.

Vegeta finally came to the revelation that he did not merely need her because of their bond... He wanted her to be by his side and no freaking lizard was going to stand in his fucking way. The ki that engulfed him began to flash a brilliant gold in the determination he felt. Returning to his normal state, he made his way to the control room, in there he would be able to contact Frieza

through the vid-cam.

The cogs in his mind began to turn with each forceful step he took towards the main room of the ship.

*****

Bulma stirred from what she thought was a fitful sleep. Her eyes slowly opened to two pairs of daggered eyes. She gasped and tried to sit up, but she felt heavy as though something were draining the energy and life from her. Even moving her lips was a strain for her. Why was she paralysed like this? The immobility she had before was gone, of that much she was sure. So why couldn't she barely move now?!

"If you're wondering why you can't move, it is because of the collar around your neck." A voice hissed into her ear.

She felt herself being roughly pulled up into a sitting position, she glared at the small man that stood at the end of the bed. She gasped as though she were just surfacing from under water, she was trying to grip onto any form of energy that she could.

It felt as though it were slipping from her grasp. The Fhak'tar inside her was tempting her once again, rage began boiling with in her but just as she felt the Fhak'tar about to escape from its prison, it would be pushed back down by the ki dampening collar around her neck.

She panted from the over exertion she had been forced to endure.

"What's the matter? Can't use the pretty long nails of yours to scratch?" Frieza chuckled mockingly and walked up to her. He ran his own finger over her jaw line.

Bulma shuddered in disgust. "Get your filthy hands off me." She wheezed, trying to stay awake.

The lizard laughed uproaringly. "You have great fire in you my dear and a power to match."

She frowned, what did he mean by that? Her gaze drifted over to the handsome green alien towering behind the disgusting white lizard. Bulma remained silent, knowing that she was wasting precious energy in speaking. Instead, she flashed a death glare at the man at that had captured her. Just wait until she got out of the stupid collar that was holding her back. Once she was free, she was going to claw at his pretty face until it became nothing but mush! The Fhak'tar tried again to erupt within her, but was pushed back down by the collar. Bulma grunted.

Frieza raised his eyebrow at her fluctuating ki. Even with the collar own, her power raised significantly high but it was always pushed back down to almost nothing. "Stand up." He commanded.

Bulma stared at him defiantly. An obvious no.

Frieza chuckled and narrowed his eyes. He raised his finger in an upwards motion. "Up."

Bulma cried out as she jerked up. Every limb in her body was refusing to listen to her mind as she stood up at the command. She gaped at the cruel creature. How could this be happening to her?! An overwhelming fear clouded around her. She had the strangest feeling that she would not survive this nightmare. She had been through so much and now to die, was such a great disappointment to the blue-haired genius.

She unwillingly began to walk behind the two aliens, not knowing where they were taking her, or what they were going to do to her.

*****

Vegeta marched into the control room and was about to say something to the trusted elder

scientist, Bardock, when the vid-cam terminal began blinking rapidly. The other men were no where to be seen, all were presumably training since the blasts on their ship had ceased. Frieza obviously wanted Vegeta alive and knew that head on attack would not be a useful strategy.

Bardock stared at his Prince. "Shall I?"

Vegeta nodded his consent and braced himself for Frieza's image that would appear on the

large screen to the right of him.

The screen blinked on and what he saw, made Vegeta's stomach churn and heart freeze in shock.

Bardock gaped at the screen. He looked away in disgust, no longer able to look at the sight on the large screen. He felt the bile rise in his throat.

Vegeta blinked several times, trying to rid himself of the shock he felt. "Bulma..." He breathed out in whispered agony as though someone had taken his very breath away..

Frieza's harsh cackle bounced off the walls in the control room. "Don't you like what I've done to your little whore Vegeta?" His voice hissed from the speakers, no amusement in it whatsoever, even though he continued to laugh as a lunatic would.

Vegeta fell to his knees with a thud, one hand reaching out at the screen trying to touch his mate. He trembled from the shock. "No..." He shook his head roughly. "NO, NO, NO! BULMA!!!" He roared at the image on the screen, his body on fire as he pounded his fist into the floor of the room. His hair flashed to a burning gold as he screamed out in anger at the video image on the large screen. The Fhak'tar began to push its way up out of Vegeta, the control in him was slipping.

For the first time in his life, Vegeta felt his heart break.

*****

Your heart is veiled with hate and rage,

Refusing to step out of its blood-coated cage.

Because of this,

You will not hear the whispers in the wind,

That sing out for your love and,

For your possession.

You turn a deaf ear to the doleful songs,

Sung exquisitely by the zephyrous murmur.

It called you to lift your veil for so long.

So allow youself to become enthralled,

By the whispers in the wind.

**************************************************************** *******

A/N: What did you guys think of the poem? I wrote it especially for this fic and this chapter. Mwahaha evil cliffy I know..! Just remember, things are not what they seem. But what has exactly happened to our Bulma-chan? I guess you guys will just have to wait until the next chp.

Anyway R&R, remember more reviews equals faster updates hehe.

Ja ne!