Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Villainous Uprising ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Damn, this plan is getting complicated. I hadn't counted on all these annoying interruptions. At least Cell and Radditz are dealing with the kid and Nappa seems to be keeping that annoying woman in line. I just hope Vegeta shows up soon. I'm getting impatient. Perhaps, I'll just push my way into the fight. I deserve some strikes with him, considering he's the one that sliced me in half but I don't want to waste any of the ki that I've been saving for Vegeta. That arrogant Saiyen better show up and soon.

"There's something botherin' me about this whole set up," Jeice commented and I looked at him. Had he always been this annoying? I really couldn't remember. I believe in the old days, I seldom saw him alone for he was always with Captain Ginyu. But now that Ginyu is a frog....

"What is it now?" I demanded and Jeice shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, supposin' they send someone after us."

"Suppose they do. Whoever they send can't be any more powerful than the living beings we've got to deal with right now."

"I guess you're right, sir. I've been worryin' my `ead for nothing. But..."

"Oh, but there you're wrong, Jeice," a voice said and I narrowed my eyes. Who the HELL was that?! I KNOW that voice! "You've had every reason to worry. I'm surprised they managed to piece you back together. And what are you doing here, Frieza? Did they kick you out of Hell? Perhaps it was too hard for you. I've been there before, you know."

I clenched my hands in anger, even tighter than I had ever clenched them before. He had finally arrived and he was already ticking me off. I was SO going to enjoy killing him. But....how had he landed without anyone detecting him? How could he have hidden his ki like that? I glanced at Jeice, who stepped away, the memory of his death obviously playing in his mind and narrowed my eyes. Jeice hadn't been able to sense him the last time until Vegeta was practically behind him. How did he DO that? But, I couldn't let the Saiyen know that I was slightly shocked. Oh, no. I couldn't let him have THAT advantage.

"It's about time you showed up. With so many interruptions that we've had, I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever arrive. I even brought some old friends with me for a....welcoming party," I said and waved a hand over to where Nappa and Radditz were torturing his woman.

"Nappa! Put that woman down this instant! " Vegeta commanded and Nappa glanced at him.

"No apologies for killing me?" he asked and Vegeta folded his arms.

"I gave you a death worthy of a warrior. You served my needs well, Nappa but you should not complain about the nature of your death. No true warrior would ever do that."

" I suppose your right, Vegeta. I just came here to help Radditz anyway."

"Let go of me!!!" the woman screamed and Vegeta's entire manner changed.

"Radditz! Since when does a Saiyen listen to the likes of Frieza? Drop that woman. NOW!" he growled and I folded my arms. This wasn't exactly going the way I had hoped it to go, but it was certainly entertaining. Vegeta glanced at his brat and cocked his head back.

"Boy what the hell are you doing here?!" he demanded. "This isn't some sort of family outing! Now take your mother and get out of here!"

"I'm not going to leave you alone with these creeps, Dad," the boy replied and Vegeta folded his arms in annoyance.

"He listened to me better when he was younger," he muttered and I raised my hand.

"You know, I could kill you right now, but that would take all the fun out of it," I said and he looked at me.

"Trunks! Get your mother out of here now!"

"All right, Dad. Just be careful, all right?" the kid asked and Vegeta folded his arms.

"I don't need concern from you, boy. Just get out of here. And now Frieza, I'll deal with YOU."

It pleased me to know that Vegeta had seemed to forgotten about Cell. The damned android deserved it. So infuriating he was and now...he was being ignored. I laughed slightly at the android then glanced at Vegeta, whose gaze was just as cold as ever.

"Why don't you just back down Frieza? You have no idea just how strong I've become and I wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of your underlings," he asked and I choked back a laugh.

"Are you just going to give me more of your lies, Vegeta? Why do you think I shot you on Namek? I was so sick of hearing your delusions of grandeur back then and I'm not going to put up with them now," I replied.

"The only person that's deluded here is YOU Frieza. Very well then. If you want to make a fool of yourself in front of everyone, I'm not going to stop you. Just don't waste my time playing childish games."

"I'm glad we see the same way on that point, Vegeta because I was just about to say the same thing," I replied and raised my right hand and held out my index finger. I fired what I liked to call a "Death Beam" from my finger tip and moved my hand around quickly, firing more. He couldn't block them all, I knew, but watched in dismay as he practically caught them with his hands. All right, so perhaps he had become a bit more agile than when I last faced him but that didn't matter. He was still no match for me.

"You still don't get it, do you, Frieza?" he asked and I looked at him.

"I refuse to listen to your lies Vegeta. I will squash you like an insect!"

"Again you gravely underestimate your opponent. Don't you remember when I told you I was a Super Saiyen?"

"Hahaha! I've seen Super Saiyens before, Vegeta and you're not even close to one."

His eyes twitched in anger like they had a tendency to do and I grinned. One of the things that I knew about Vegeta was the fact that he made simple mistakes when enraged. If I could blind him with anger, then it would be easy to kill him. I watched Vegeta form a ball of ki in his hands and teleported to behind the annoying Saiyen. He spun around just as I brought a leg up to his side. Expecting contact, I was shocked to find Vegeta holding my foot and glaring at me with those dark eyes of his.

"You're slow," he growled as he thrust me back onto the ground. I landed in-between Jeice and Dodoria and picked myself up in rage.

"It wouldn't be fair if I had all the fun, now would it?" I asked and Jeice coughed.

"Erm, Lord Frieza, we've made an observation..." he whispered and I waved my hand.

"Not now. I don't want to hear it," I replied.

"Well even at your maximum power level, you still aren't as strong as him."

"What are you saying?"

"Well at best, you're close to a three million count. Vegeta....well....."

"Well what?!"

"Don't tell me you've got to have help to come up with an attack, Frieza," Vegeta scoffed and I glared at him.

"You're making me look like a fool," I said.

"That isn't too hard," Cell commented and I glanced at him.

"No one asked you to speak!"

"Vegeta's at a twenty-two million count!" Dodoria blurted out and I glanced at him.

"Your scanners must be broken. We're talking about Vegeta, not Goku," I said and Cell laughed slightly.

"You still don't get it, do you, Frieza? The universe has passed you by," he said and I clenched my fists in anger.

"I don't have time for this foolishness!"

"Then let me end it all for you, Frieza," Vegeta said and folded his arms. "I've got better things to do than to stand here and clean up the trash."

Three million to twenty-two million. There had to be a mistake somewhere. I was, no, I AM Frieza! I am the being that tormented the Saiyens and the Namek's. I am the one that wanted immortality and the ownership of the entire universe! I couldn't be....I couldn't be weaker than Vegeta. He was lying again. He HAD to be. Well I wasn't going to stand for any more of his lies. I'd dispose of him first and then hunt down his offspring that had the audacity to kill me when I returned to kill Goku. Like father like son, I suppose, but they both had the stupidity to pick on me. I'd kill them. I'd kill them all! I glanced at Vegeta and grinned darkly as I allowed a ball of ki to grow in my hand. The rage inside me flowed into my hand, adding fuel to the growing sphere of energy. Nothing was going to stop me. Nothing!

If there was one thing I absolutely refused to do, it was to be taken down by Vegeta. I don't exactly know how he arrived, either. What probably happened was the boy went to check in with his mother only to find her missing. He must have zeroed in on her ki and followed it. I can only guess that Vegeta did the same thing when he learned his boy was missing. But how had they landed without us detecting them? Especially Vegeta. He's not the type to keep his strength a secret.

And what's with this twenty-two million Dodoria was talking about? At most Vegeta could be no more than five million but twenty-two million? Death had obviously affected their judgment I decided as the sphere within my hand grew in size. My death ball. This was the one thing that I knew couldn't miss. Look at what it did to those annoying Nameks.

"Don't ya think that's a little rash?" Jeice asked and I glared at him.

"Shut up! I don't need your insignificant remarks!" I snapped as I held the growing ball of ki high over my head. "Now Vegeta, what would a REAL Saiyen do?"

"A true Super Saiyen wouldn't waste his time with you. I'll be generous, however, and allow you one more attempt at my life before I wipe you into oblivion," Vegeta replied and my eyes darkened in rage. He was mocking me!

"The last thing I need is the patronage of a monkey. I will not stand for such insolence!"

"Just get on with it, Frieza. I still have a few blows I'd like to land on Vegeta before I destroy this planet," Cell said and my hand shook in rage. I thrust the ball at him, watching in delight as the dark sphere engulfed him. Finally! He was out of my sight forever.

"Now that Cell is disposed of, I will destroy you, Vegeta," I said and Vegeta smiled.

"You really think that stopped him, don't you Frieza? Too bad. You used up your last chance at destroying me. I'll give you a break, though. I'll let you in on a secret. Haaaaa...." Vegeta said in that voice that sounded like he had once gargled with razors. I watched him gather ki and choked back a laugh. Was he actually attempting the Super Saiyen bit again? How childish.

Now, I had heard Cell's entire story when he first arrived. I'm afraid the remainder of the Ginyu Force were quite eager to hear about his exploits and I was in their company at the time so I was forced to hear his tale. However, there were many parts of it that I refused to believe. Vegeta as a Super Saiyen for one thing and Goku backing down from a fight was another thing. Goku wouldn't willingly back down from a fight, no matter who it was with. In the midst of my musings, however, something unexpected caught my attention. Had I seen a flash of yellow in Vegeta's pitch black hair? Mmmph. Of COURSE not. Not Vegeta. He didn't have the patience to become a Super Saiyen. I glanced at him and he gazed back, his eyes just as cold as ever and I watched him sharply push his arms down. His facial expression was a sneer as he moved his arms apart with some effort. It was almost as if he wanted to break some sort of invisible chain around his body.

"Do you understand now?" he asked as his hair defied gravity and stood up straight. Yellow engulfed every ebony follicle on his head and there was a glowing aura about him. "I AM a Super Saiyen."

"No..." I said as I gazed at him in shock. The gold, the increased muscle mass, the eyes....why did they all have the same eyes? What was it about their eyes that haunted me so?

"Let me speak to him before you do anything. I'm sure you want to get to a challenge as soon as possible, don't you Vegeta?" Cell asked and I spun around in shock. How....? "I don't suppose you were wanting this back?"

I growled in anger and shot another death ball at the one Cell held. Why did I feel like I had done this before? Where had I done this before? I shook my head as the new, smaller ball hit the larger one causing a chain reaction. Of course, this was almost the exact same situation I was in with Vegeta's brat! The large death ball exploded outward, brightening the already sunny sky and I folded my arms in anger. It wasn't fair! I was supposed to be the strongest! Me! Frieza! How could they? How could they all be more powerful than me when I was the most feared being in the universe?

"Well, it looks like it's my turn," Vegeta said and I spun around in shock. "I'll even send you out in style with my favorite attack. The Final Flash."

Damn it! Where did I go wrong? What happened? I couldn't believe it! I, Frieza was about to be brought down by another monkey! This CAN'T be happening! How could he have grown in his levels so much in just seven years? This was Vegeta I was dealing with! How could someone so self-centered become so powerful? I watched him place his palms outward with his thumbs touching in front of his body and I stared at him in shock. I couldn't move. I was too stunned to move. I was like a creature that had stumbled into a hunter's spotlight. I was paralyzed as I dumbly awaited my destruction. A beam of ki flowed from his hands like a bolt of lightning and I pulled my mind out of the lock down it was initiating. I managed to gather enough of my ki to try a last attempt at preserving myself. Teleportation. I used it just before his attack made contact with my body and appeared directly behind him. I swiftly kicked him and he growled in shock as I straightened myself up and fired a death beam at the back of his neck. I knew that even though the scanners said he was stronger than me, my attack would inflict some pain on him simply because he was not expecting it.

He spun around much swifter than I was expecting it and brought his knee right up into my stomach. My eyes bulged slightly with pain as my body fell doubled up to the ground beneath me. He grabbed my tail and I bared my teeth in pain as he thrust me aside. I landed amongst jagged rocks and I picked myself up, enraged at the thought that I was about to lose. He approached me, his eyes dark with rage.

"Now really, Frieza. Did you think it would be that easy? I've dealt with you before, if you remember so I know all your pathetic little tricks," he said. "I don't need a big attack to finish you off, you know. I can use a very simple one. The Galick Cannon."

"Ve....Vegeta wait!" I gasped as he began to power up his ki.

"If you're going to ask for my mercy, forget it. I did nothing to provoke you into coming down here to seek your permanent extermination. I do thank you, however, for coming back so that I may destroy you. Perhaps I wasn't able to do it initially, but I will be the one to wipe you out of existence forever! Kakarrot wasn't able to do that. Now stop cowering and accept your fate like a true warrior. Unless, that is, you are finally showing your true colors."

"Jeice! Dodoria! I order you to stop him!"

"How?" Jeice asked and I stared at him.

"By attacking you fool!" I cried but Jeice didn't move.

"But....but his ki count...."

"Do a joint attack!"

"My advice to the two of you is to do nothing. This is the fate he deserves for his foolishness. If you help him, you're only sealing your own extermination," Cell said as Vegeta moved his hands.

"Galick Cannon!" he cried and I felt my entire body melting away as the blast hit me. I had lost to a monkey again.

**************************************************************** *****

Hell isn't that bad I guess. Oh, perhaps I should explain what happened, huh? It might help with the continuity of everything and all. Back to the fight between my lord and Vegeta then. We all saw him disintegrate before our eyes. Personally, I was too scared to help Lord Frieza. I know I shouldn't have been, but the thought of being completely wiped out was more than I could handle. I mean, the scanner never lies. Vegeta was more than I could handle. Sure, I might have been able to take him down back then when we were all destroying people in search of the dragonballs but that was then. There was a huge time difference between us and him. Plus, we hadn't really gone up in our levels being dead and all, but Vegeta had. I had no chance against him. Neither did Dodoria and we both knew it.

I do remember Nappa, though. Once Frieza was gone, he approached Vegeta, demanding an explanation for his death. Vegeta ignored him for a bit then glanced at him. Or rather glanced up at him. There was still a big difference between their height.

"Vegeta I tried to destroy him. Honest I did. Why didn't you help me? Why did you....?" he asked and Vegeta folded his arms.

"I've never stood for failure, Nappa. If you were unable to defeat him then you were no longer useful to me. I don't regret doing it, either. Yes, Kakarrot was stronger than expected but you still could have held your own," Vegeta replied then spun around as a glowing light from the skies came down and illuminated a portion of the island we all stood on.

"I've had enough of all this. Now, Vegeta, since you've put Nappa's concern to rest, let's get on with it, shall we?" Cell asked as he stepped forward.

"What about that light, mate? That's not normal," I said and Cell looked at me.

"It's probably one of the remaining fighters," he replied then added: "I'm in no means your mate."

"I believe you all have had your fun," a new voice said and we all stared at the spot where the light had been. A tall gray creature that wore an executioner's type hood stood there brandishing a large mace. It had lizard type skin from what we could see and Vegeta turned his attention to him.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" he demanded and the creature yawned, showing off enormous teeth from inside the hood. His glowing eyes blinked a few times then he leaned forward slightly.

"Who I am is not important. I was sent here by the ruler of the northern section of Other World to collect the renegades. I see I am too late to collect one member but I must collect the others."

"They wanted their destruction by coming here. Let me give them what they want then I'll deal with you."

"This is an Other World affair, not yours, Vegeta. I would advise you not to get involved any more than you already are."

"You're telling me to back down and yet you won't tell me who you are."

"King Yima sent for me and the North Kai okayed the paperwork. There was some delay with that which is why I arrived too late to collect Frieza. These beings are dead and even though they came to destroy you and your world, their sentence will be passed in my domain by the North Kai. Now step down. Your duty lies with the earth, not with the dead."

"And what if we don't want to go?" Cell asked. "I was looking forward to destroying the earth."

"You have no choice in the matter. You committed a crime by breaking out and you must be sentenced for it."

"It's the Kais fault for letting things go slack. You can't blame us," I said and the creature looked at me.

"Jeice, I must admit the quality of living did go down in Hell but that was a result of a budget deficit. The Kais have reorganized their spending and have ordered repairs. Especially on the Gate itself. You will be expected to help rebuild it, Cell," the creature said and glanced around at us. "Any more questions or are you all ready to leave?"

"Ka....me....ha....me......ha!!" Cell cried and released a blast of ki at the creature. It blocked the attack with its mace and glanced at the android.

"I don't want to have to use this."

"Then get out of my way."

"You aren't even worthy enough to fight him. Come on you pathetic creature. I'll show you what REAL power is," Vegeta said and the creature sighed.

"You didn't tell me about this setback, King Yima," he muttered then stood up straight. "Very well then. I will just use one attack."

"Do what you like. I'll even let you take the first shot."

"I figured you might. Time Freeze!"

What happened next, I'm not entirely sure of. The creature managed to stop time and when we were all able to move next, we were in Other World standing in front of what looked like King Yima's desk. He glanced at the creature that brought us in and nodded his head.

"Give them the list of offenses," he said and the creature nodded his head.

"Breaking out of Hell, disrupting the balance of life and death, plotting the destruction of an innocent planet, theft of a ship...." he said and King Yima waved an enormous hand.

"That's enough. I'll leave it up to the North Kai to decide your fate."

"Ah-hem. Well, I believe all these offenses are very grave indeed. You will all be expected to repair the Gate and I will limit your ki level to one-thousand. Enough for you to function, but not enough for you to try something foolish like breaking out," the North Kai said. "Now take them back to Hell."

The guards came and clasped handcuffs on us. I watched Cell attempt to fight off a few of them, but he was quickly overcome. The Kai had worked quickly in limiting our power as we were escorted back to Hell. Once there, the guards freed us of our shackles and left us to our own devices. Cell folded his arms in anger as he walked to a corner and stood there with his head bowed slightly, his pink eyes watching our movements.

"Frieza got what he deserved. I must congratulate Vegeta on that," Radditz commented as he sat down.

"Why did he do that?" Nappa asked. "Was I not worthy?"

"Would you just give it a rest?" Dodoria asked. "We all know what Vegeta was capable of."

"Two great leaders are dead because of `im! It just isn't fair!" I cried out and Cell laughed.

"In all honesty, they weren't that great," Cell said and I glared at him.

"What did you say?!" I demanded and Cell glanced at me.

"You heard me. What Frieza did was extremely foolish."

"Why did you go along then?"

"Simple. I was bored. But now that we're stuck here, I suppose I've got to make the best of things."

Lord Frieza, I know this will never get to you but I'm glad I spent the time that I did underneath you. I learned a lot and if things hadn't gone like they had, I would still be under you and Cap'n Ginyu. You should'a gotten better. Both of you should have but you, Lord Frieza. You were willing to fight even when you knew you would lose. I admire that. Don't worry. I'm sure someone will show up and take care of them Saiyens. Then we'll be rid of `em once and for all. Well all except for the two up here. I suppose they aren't so bad. It just takes time to get to know `em. Well, that's all I'm really allowed to say. They've upped the security on us since we returned. What's left of your crew really respect you for what you did. Not everyone would have defied the Kais to go to earth to attempt to destroy Vegeta.

Maybe you didn't succeed, but you had initiative and that's somethin' Cap'n Ginyu told us was better than succeeding. Guts and determination are the most important things in the universe. Without `em you wouldn't have gotten where you had. None of us would. So yeah, we're all stuck here with limited powers and whatnot but you did somethin' that no one else would have done and for that I salute you my lord. Plus, I believe Cell holds a bit more respect for you than he used to. You were the one that got the ball rolling on the breakout, after all. I don't think the android had ever thought of escaping. But you did. You went against all odds and confronted Vegeta. You're going to be kept alive here in Hell by your act. You took the opportunity and that's something that will never happen again.