Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What We're Gonna Go Now? ❯ Changes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamer: Me no own

AN: Well... what can I say... Review people!

Chapter 4

Changes? (Veggie's POV)

I still don't know why she did that. Huh, maybe it was just the so-called "heat of the moment". But I'm still not sure. But Kami punish me if I ever admit it out loud that I like her. So what that she kissed me? And only on a cheek? No big deal.

We've lived in peace for the past few dayes, but I must admit that she's been a little... akward. We weren't fighting much, and she was rather silent. If I hadn't known better, I'd say that she's depressed. But why would she? Everything was going as planned, I was getting stronger each day, I could almost feel the hidden Super Sayia-jin power in me once, but... I don't know. Something wasn't right with her. And she's burned my breakfast. Damn.

- Woman - I growled to get her attention. She looked up at me with tired eyes. They were missing the usual blue fire. That was not good - What the hell happened to you? You've been acting like a dead fish lately. - I tried to start an argument, but I've earned only an angry look. Than she got back to her prevorious state - Well? - I asked - You're burning my breakfast, sleeping in, you have an expression on your face like someone burned your tail.

- I don't have a tail, Vegeta - she smiled slightly. My little victory. - It's just that... I've been having... problems... with... someone.

My eyes widened. How could she have problems with anybody? She wasn't leaving our... her apartament for weeks! Besides, who would care?

- Who, Onna? Tell me and I will take care of him - I somehow had a feeling that it was a male. I scrowled at the thought. Wait, am I being jelous? She's not even my mate...

- No, you can't - she stopped my trail of thoughts.

- Huh? - I looked at her like an idiot. Bravo, Vegeta, bravo. Make a bigger ass of yourself.

- You can't help me becouse it will only bring you... us trouble. - She said sadly. Why?

- Why? - I asked

- Becouse. - she just looked away.

- Tell me. - I demanded and made her look at me. She sighned and mouthed "Yamcha". That fucker?!?! What did he do? I swear if he... heh, nevermind. I'd kill him anyway.

- What did he do to you? I'll.... - I started but she covered my mouth and hushed me.

- He didn't do anything. He just demanded that I meet him today and I'm afraid that than he might do something. But I think that is a low price for leaving us alone.

- What do you mean? - Now I was confused. What was she talking about?

- Well, Yamcha may ask Freezer about us, and than we would be in danger. I have a feeling that he's forgotten about us.

- What? - I almost laughed. That Woman was sometimes strange - You think that he's forgotten? Onna, he does not forget anything. Ice-jins have the best memory of all known races in the Universe. Though you are right, we must not draw any attention to ourselves. But I could get rid of him quietly... - but she glared at me. Humans - what an enigma. Especially their females. - Why don't you let me take care of him? - I practically whined. Sheesh, I'm getting strange...

- You're getting strange, Veggie-chan - she looked at me with amusement. I must say that she can sometimes read me like a book. - I don't want you to kill him, becouse I belive that he's still good, he's only forgotten... /AN: Think - Star Wars, episode VI, Luke) - Is she stupid or something?!?But then she sighned, shifted on her chair and continued. - You probably think I'm stupid, but he was my first partner, one of my best friends and I refuse to belive that all this time I was so stupid not to see that he was evil... I just want to be certain, ok? - she pleaded I couldn't do anything else than nod - Besides - she said with a smirk - You're not an angel yourself, and I like you a lot, you know? - I watched her in awe as she stood up and headed to her room. What the hell...? Has she just admitted... She. Said. That. She. Likes. You. You. Moron. That's all, damn it, nothing to get excited over... That was all I could think of. I thought that these innocent words "I like you", wouldn't change a thing. Kami knew I was wrong.

I just scrowled, stood up and went to the bathroom for a quick shower before the training.

She got back after a few hours, crying.

And that, I couldn't stand.

She told me everything. I just couldn't belive that she trusts me so.

I heard the door crack open, and there she was. Face red, eyes swollen from crying. She looked at me sadly, collapsed on the floor and whispered "I was wrong". I scooped her in my arms and lied on my couch. I was planning to leave after that, but I suddenly felt her hand on my shoulder and that stopped me.

- What do you want, Woman - I spoke softly

- Has ever someone you loved let you down? - she asked quietly and looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes of hers. At first I was angry that she dared to ask me that, but than I remembered our prevorious conversation about those things and decided to comfort her.

- Lots of people, Onna. But you know about my father, don't you?- I stifened when she sat on my lap and circled her arms around my waist, but relaxed when she sighned happily. That was kinda... nice.

- Tell me. I don't know much. - she whispered

- Well, I already told you that I didn't know if he loved me. I think he did, but never told me. Than I was given to Freezer. He told me that my father gave me away.. He almost broke me then... Before that I refused to obey him, but... I was just a little child and I thought that I must do whatever my father sayes and if it wasn't for Vegeta-sei's destruction, I'd be fully on the lizard's side. I wouldn't rebell, becouse I'd think that it was my father's - not his - will. But when he died, I realized that he's been decieved. That he made a mistake. And I decided not to listen to Freezer. I must say that it was one of the most important decisions in my entire life, becouse if I act different, I'd end up like Zarbon or his other lap dog... - when I ended she was staring at me intensivly and than managed to speak

- Will... will you... train me? -I was shocked. She once told me that she'd never fight, she'd only master the technic. When I asked her why, she said that she'd be the Univere worst fightier. She had her brains and she was content. So why ask me this now?

- Why, Onna? That little bastard did something to you? - I think I sounded a little too worried than my pride allowed. Oh, fuck pride.

- Nothing, Vegeta, nothing, but he... tried... as I feared. I ran away and left him totally drunk, but I'm afraid... I'm so afraid of what he might do when he regains contiousnes. Please... Vegeta... - she was near tears once again and held me tighter. She was so fragile at the moment... A shell of a Woman I knew. So I sighned and nodded. Her pupils flashed bright blue and she threw her hands around my neck. She giggled happily and looked into my eyes.

It felt like time stopped for both of us.

But then I turned my head quickly, and the feeling was gone.

- Well, mr. High'n'Mighty, what changed your mind? - she asked with a sweet smile plastered on her face. I just made that "humpfing" sound

- My mind was made up from the beginning Woman. - I spoke with pride, but then I heard muffled chuckling and a few seconds later that baka Onna burst with laughter. What the hell was so funny? - What the hell is so funny, huh? - I glared at her, but her laughter only increased. Stupid, idiot, brainless, lowly humans... Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. Bulma would clasificate it as "a-very-mean-one". I smirked. She raised her eyebrows. And I started to tickle her. Before, she was laughing so hard that it was practically impossible to stand, but now I was starting to wonder if she had some serious lungs deformation. I stopped for a while to let her catch her breath, but that was a big mistake. She instantly hopped onto my back (I was wondering how could she be so fast) and leaned to my ear only to whisper "are you ticklish, Vegeta?" and started mercilessly attack my most most delicate regions. After a few minutes I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt. I was thinking if my training really payed off. She made me totally helpless. Sayia-jins were very ticklish, and besides their tails it was their biggest weakness. When she finally stopped I decided to take my revenge.

We went like that for about an hour till we both decided to call it quits. She went off to her room and I tried to sleep on the couch. Yeah. Tried. I thought about lots of things. Especially her. A single thought of her made me smile. She trusted me, belived in me and haven't feared me. How did she manage that was beyond me... How could she even look at me the way she does? Without pity, but with kindness and sincerity. Like no other before.

Accualy, I've never had a real partner. Other females that I tried to form some kind of connection with were power-hungry or just cowards. True, I was a monster but I think I needed someone to get me out of this madness that I called my "life". I could never change compleatly. I was a cold bastard that wanted to rule the Universe but still... She made me realize that something wasn't right with me. Years ago I used to think that I am the way I am becouse it was just ment to be that way. Now I know that it's my choice. I no longer belive in destiny. I control my own life, no one else. I know that I may be the Legendary, but it's not becouse of my birth right, I can accomplish this only by work and only work. I can feel that my goal is closer every day... I only hope that nothing will go wrong... I have bad feelings about all this...

Short note for the end: Allright, I know that was boring and it took me too long to write it, but I think we all know the feeling of a nasty writer's-block. Next chapter - Bulma's POV! What happened on a date with Yamcha? Why Vegetable has bad fellings? About what? What WILL happen? I know and you don't... Mwahahahahaha! As always, I hope that you liked this chapter. And please people, review.

That's all for today, ja ne!