Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Younger Every Year ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Younger Every Year
By: Karie

~~~
Arg! My compy hates meh! Contest is still on. Don't forget my warning. Enjoy Minna!
~~~

"Hi Goten!"

Trunks' voice echoed up from the ground. Young Goten waved down from Nimbus as the small fast flying yellow cloud swirled down towards the ground. Once he was close enough Goten jumped down and waved at Trunks.

"Hi! So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Oh, wait! Can Nimbus fly us to town? Mom gave me some ice cream money!"

"But I don't have any money."

Little Trunks laughed.

"Mom said you wouldn't have any. She gave me enough for both of us!"

"Oh! Okay! HEY NIMBUS!"

The yellow cloud zoomed into sight and squeeked as it stopped. The two half-saiyajins hopped on and laughed merrily as they were flown to the edge of town and dropped off by the faithful little cloud.

"Thanks Nimbus!"

The boy's chorused happilly as they ran into the city. Trunks grabbed Goten by the hand when he started staring at all the people.

"Come on Goten! Stop staring!"

"But, Trunks, there's so many people!"

"Oh, come on Goten!"

Trunks pulled an unresisting Goten through the city in a search for someplace to get ice cream. They entered a park and Trunks heard a familiar jingle.

"The ice cream man!"

Trunks hauled Goten along behind him as they ran through the park to skid to a stop in front of the cart where an old man was selling ice cream.

"Hello boys, what can I do for you?"

Trunks smiled up at the man.

"We wanna buy some ice cream, Mister!"

The old man nodded.

"Well, what kind do you boys want then?"

Trunks looked at Goten.

"What kind of ice cream do you want, Goten?"

"Ask him if he has cookie dough!"

"'Kay. Hey Mister, do you have cookie dough?"

"Sure thing sonny. What do you want?"

"Oh I'll just have the same thing."

Goten beamed as he was handed a waffle cone with a double dip of cookie dough ice cream. While Trunks paid the old man, Goten found a tree and sat down under it. Trunks came over soon with his own double dip cone.

"So, do you like the city, Goten?"

"I don't know. There are so many people!"

"Aww, Kytten, look at the two little gay boys!"

Trunks and Goten looked up to see two neko-humans standing over them. One was very tall and lean, wearing all black while being very pale and with a collar around her neck. Her sharp teeth were bared in a mocking smile while black hair fell into violet eyes and casscaded over smooth shoulders. The other girl, they were both female, was as tall as the first, but with a more feminine appearance. She was willowy, with dark skin and long choppy white hair that also was in her eyes. Her eyes almost matched the color of her clothes. The pale girl was in shorts and everything was black while the tan girl's blue eyes almost matched the aqua green of her short dress. There was a woven belt and bag around the tan girl's slim waist and she wore a gray collar around her neck and had a matching ankle collar on her right foot. Both girls had gold tags on their collars.

"Crimson! That was mean!"

"Oh please, they are getting younger every -day-!"

"Excuse me, who are you?"

The girls looked down at Goten who was looking up at them curiously. The white-haired girl answered him.

"I'm sorry kid. My name is Kytten Claw, and this is my older cousin, Crimson Point. What's your name?"

"My name's Son Goten, and this is my friend, Trunks!"

Goten beamed innocently up at the two girls. The pale one smirked.

"Your 'friend' or your 'boyfriend'?"

Goten blinked.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah! Kytten! He doesn't even -know-!"

Trunks just glared at Crimson, the pale one, and grabbed Goten's arm.

"Come on, those two are crazy."

Crimson left off pestering her cousin and grinned down at Trunks.

"Ooooh, you know what I mean, don't you!"

"Trunks?"

"Crazy cat person. Lets go, Goten."

Crimson winked slyly at Trunks.

"Oooh, you gonna corrupt him, huh?"

"-No-!"

Trunks almost choked Crimson. the neko smirked over the childs hands.

"But you want to, don't you."

"-Shut up-!"

Trunks screamed angrilly. He barely registered Goten tugging on his jeans leg.

"-Stupid cat girl-!"

Trunks' temper flared and his small hands were almost meeting in the middle when he finally realized Goten was gripping the leg of his jeans and looking up at him with wide, watery eyes.

"Trunks? Please stop."

Trunks let go and jumped down, looking at Goten confusedly. There was a harsh gasp and a soft thump behind him and he looked back. Crimson was sitting on the ground, panting softly for breath and with large, black hand shaped bruises around her neck.

"What?"

"Trunks, lets go someplace else. We're done with our ice cream."

"'Kay."

Goten began pulling Trunks away when Kytten's voice called out to him.

"Goten! I'm sorry about Crimson, she's in love with the idea of boys loving boys. Thats what she thinks you two are."

"Oh, you mean like my big brother, Gohan, and Piccolo-san."

"Yeah, something like that."

"Well, I think its okay, as long as you mean it nice."

Goten hopped onto the flying Nimbus, which has long since shown up. He pulled Trunks up after him and waved.

"Ja ne Kytten-san!"

"See you Goten-kun!"

Goten and Trunks flew off on the cloud, both without a word. This went on for a while.

"Goten? Is something wrong?"

"Maybe."

"Oh."

They flew in silence for another long period of time.

"Why is something wrong?"

"'Cause."

"Thats not an answer."

"So? Tell you later."

"No, I wanna know now!"

"Later!"

"Now!"

Goten stopped the Nimbus and jumped down. Trunks followed him. Goten hopped up into a tree and kicked his feet. Trunks peered up at him.

"Well?"

Goten stopped swinging his feet and looked towards the mountains.

"I'm not dumb. I know what Crimson and Kytten were talking about. I just didn't know that it was called something specific. And I guess, I'm like Gohan. Except, I don't want Piccolo."

"What?"

"I'm whatever it is those neko-human girls called us."

"Gay?"

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"...do you hate me?"

"-No-!"

Trunks shouted the word involuntarilly, startling Goten.

"Meep! You don't need to yell Trunks!"

"I know, sorry. So who do you want?"

"Uhh, I can't tell you his name, he'd hate me if he found out."

"Aww, please?"

"...you..."

"-Me-!?!"

"told you he'd be mad."

Trunks stared at Goten for a minute before he realized his friend was crying silently. Twin rivers of crystalline tears were streaming from Goten's dark eyes. He felt bad.

"Aww Goten, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. C'mon, please don't."

Goten just kept crying in silence, unhappy eyes refusing to lift from where they stared unseeingly at his shoes. He felt bad for saying something.

"Goten! Stop crying!"

Trunks was getting exasperated. His friend just kept crying and crying and nothing was making him stop. He had to think fast. Oh yeah. He used the trick his dad used when Mom started to get upset. Trunks grabbed Goten's face and kissed him. It worked. Goten stopped crying. Trunks backed up and looked at him.

"You okay now?"

"Huh?"

Trunks tugged on his shirt a little.

"I was trying to make you stop crying. Did it work?"

"I think."

Trunks looked at Goten curiously. The black-haired mini-bishonen was looking quite happy now.

"You sure you're all right?"

"No."

Trunks frowned. Goten's face fell and his eyes welled up with tears that glittered brightly for a moment before they fell, making trails once more down Goten's face. This time the boy sat down on the ground, sniffling. Trunks dropped to the grass, putting his hand on Goten's shoulders. the light purple-haired boy leaned forwards, kissing Goten again.

"Please stop crying!"

Trunks looked at Goten pleadingly. The other boy sighed.

"Okay."

Trunks backed away. Goten just looked at him.. They sat and stared at each other for about ten minutes. Trunks finally broke the stare by moving forwards and hugging Goten hesitantly. The black-haired boy hugged him back, leaning his head on Trunks' shoulder.

"Goten?"

"Aa?"

"Umm, ai shiteru."

"Love you too, Trunks-chan."

~OWARI~

~~~

SAP SAP SAP!!!!!!!!!

KARIE *muah* <3