Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ WARMTH ❯ WARMTH ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WARMTH

By: Sam Baku

Warnings: angst, character death, shortness, and if you cross your eyes real hard (!)-Shonen ai but you don't have to worry about it if you don't like it.

Summery: All Ruwalk has ever wanted was to be warm. Could the one in the shadows give it to him?

~*~

I'm trying to find Lykouleon, we need to talk business, and to heat the castle, and it's so cold. That's all I want is it possible. Wait, he never cared, never did, they would never heat it, they would prefer to let winter settle. I drop the papers. I'm so cold, I'm so stupid, my body's shuddering. Why bother, why care, why stretch beyond everything when they don't.

Wandering, that's all I'm capable of doing, that and making a racket, no one cares, they think I smile all day long, how can I? Am I right, where am I?

A balcony. Is it warmer there? It a dark, unforgiving thought, it's all I can think about. Have I ever been warm? Five steps.

One step: Is it warm so far above?

Three steps: I'm not just going to see the scenery

Five steps: the door, how many more after this?

The door its open, no creaks, even as old as this castle is. But the balcony is not so lucky, just watch as it crumbles. I climb it, the stones, dust on my hands.

The wind, its just making it presence known by making a colder sweep of it's hand, more than any bit of snow cold drop, then says it's farewell just leaving behind its bitter frost to remind me.

So cold up here. Is it warmer down there, few inches closer, looking down. Maybe it is, dare I try?

"Ruwalk." I turn around there's Kai-stern. He's looking at me, that infernal look of sadness is on his face. "Ruwalk" there he goes again. What is he doing here? Why whisper, why think I'm so fragile? "Ruwalk what are you doing? Please……….." He holds out his hand, questioning me, asking to come down. "What are you doing here?"

I reply "trying to get warm" its true all, I've ever wanted was to be warm. No ones ever understood.

"Please………." What? Please what? "I'll make you warm" is it true, is he able to do that? Does he care enough to try?

"Ok" I reach for him, for once I might be warm, find some one to be with, all the while going past the shadows and never looking back.

But it's too late. The chill wants to keep me, yearning to keep her faithful slave a little while longer. And I'm falling……….

And I relies that I'm still cold………

I'm still cold……….

I'm still

~Finis~