Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ My Child ❯ Part III: Memories Pt 1+2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Child

Part III: Day 3-Memories Pt. 1

After successfully defeating Alexa, Rath and Thatz made it into another town. They didn't sleep that night because they didn't want to sleep on the ground. As they made it to the town they found an inn to stay in. Rath wanted to sleep and then Thatz could explain what he hell went on yesterday between him and Alexa. And about what connection he has to those people. Thatz missed Alexa. She was the only friend he had back then but when it came down on who to choose, it was hard.

Thatz decided to stay up and watch in case another one comes. He didn't want them to kill Rath too, in case 'Mother' already killed Rune. Which he would never forgive her for if that happened. Eventually he gave up and decided to sleep. Besides Rath couldn't sleep either without his 'pillow', which consisted of either him or Rune. Since Rune wasn't here at the moment it was his turn.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------

It was the next morning. Thatz was not looking forward to it.

"Alright Thatz explain," Rath demanded in either a serious or mocked tone. Thatz couldn't tell. He sighed and sat in front of an eager Rath and dragons. He knew he had to tell them sooner or later.

"Okay…where should I start?" Thatz thought out loud.

"How about who that woman is that took Rune then your connection to her," Rath suggested.

"Well I only remember a little bit so don't get mad. The woman's name is Andias or Mother as she preferred to be called. Andias is only human. She took in homeless or orphaned children that she finds. She instructs them what she gathered over the course of the years. Right now I think she's probably a little over five thousand-"

"What?! Is it possible for someone to live that long let alone a human?" Rath cut him off.

"No, it's not possible. But she somehow found a way to surpass the normal human lifespan and not age. I don't remember how she did it. She raised the children as he assassins to take out either her choice or someone else's."

"How about you?"

"I was one of them. Actually I was the first. It's been a few thousand years but I still remember everything. She taught me a few other tricks that she never taught the others. I was her favorite, as she said."

"Wait a minute, how were you able to live this long?"

"Andais gave everyone the 'gift' of being so close to immortality that you don't upset the dead. That is if we completed every level of training."

"Harsh. Can you die?"

"Of course we can. It just has to be in a particular way. So it's very hard because Andais taught agility and strength. She also taught us tactics."

"So how did you end up here?"

"I was on a mission she sent me on. Somehow my target knew about me and I was injured. I then found myself the next day all healed with no wounds. I figured that I passed out when I was running away from him. You know the rest after that. I didn't return because we were supposed to be dead if we failed but somehow I didn't. Now she knows I'm alive and she wants me back. And she's using Rune to do it. I don't know why she wants me back. I have no other choice."

"You know, I think I find your story lacking."

Thatz was surprised. He mastered in the art of lying or making his way around the truth. That was part of the training. Oh well, it looked like he'd have to do some memory erasing when this is all over. A plan began making itself in his mind. He just hoped it would work and Rath would cooperate, willingly, which he doubted because he knew Rath likes to be in the action. He just sighed. They were almost there just another couple of days to travel.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------

They were traveling with Rath still being a bit suspicious. Thatz was nervous at this point but didn't show it. He figured training was helping him achieve this goal. He just needed to figure out how to get through this in the end. His plans were already ruined by Alexa. She blurted everything out when he told her not to. Unfortunately for him, Rath heard the whole thing and him speaking about his past before he became the earth knight wasn't really a present experience to go through again. He figured that was the reason why he left.

Actually it was Rune.

Rune was the one who changed his mind. If word got to Andais then she probably would've killed him then and there. But then where would he be? His guilty conscious would've nagged at his brain making him fail more missions. So he erased Rune's memories of that day and went somewhere else and joined the thieving guild.

Now, Andais got word of it and probably why Rune was taken hostage. Rath would've been a good one but Rune was an easy target. Coming into strength, Rune wasn't really that strong. He stopped as soon as he saw the mountain.

Just two more days.

Day 4-Memories Pt. 2

Rune sat in the 'cage' provided for him. It's been three days and he was worried for his friends. He was relieved when he heard that Alexa didn't make it back. The room is constantly silent but he could hear a bit. This silence was starting to scare him. People came in from time to time and gave him food to eat. But no one stayed to talk at all. They were just silent watching him eat then they would leave. He wished someone would willingly talk to him. The door was then opened. There stood another one of the 'Mother's' children.

"Mother wants to see you," he said. Rune stood up and followed. He didn't care because there was nothing he could do.

He was led to an exquisite room. The furnishings seemed high class. Rune began to get nervous as the door closed leaving him and the woman in the room. He wasn't comfortable around her. She motioned for him to come closer. Rune took hesitant steps towards her.

"It's sad isn't it? That the one you cherish the most looks at you in disgust. They hate you so much that at the mere sight of you they go away." She said neutrally. But Rune could feel a bit of pain mixed in there. He felt sorry for her though she probably would misinterpret it as pity.

"That's what I like about you people in the spirit tribe. You all understand feelings. If I felt pity from you I'd snatch your eyes from their sockets one by one as you watch me crush them? Eyes show emotion. Sad isn't it? Have a seat. With you all tense like that how can you relax?" She motioned to the couch to the side of the one she was sitting on. Rune hesitantly obeyed. He didn't want to get killed anytime soon.

"As much as I wish to snap that pretty neck of yours in half I'm beginning to decline that thought. So how have you been? I'm sorry the accommodations aren't that great. I only have those. To become my child they needed to be disciplined. I gave them care, shelter, and defense. Though I'm very surprised that one of them would sway and still be alive. Usually the failsafe device would be activated and they would be compelled to kill themselves. Tell me, do you remember that day about a few years ago before you saw the earth knight?" Andais asked looking directly at him.

Rune was downright nervous. He cleared his throat. He thought for a moment and come to think of it, he didn't remember anything that day. He shook his head. Somehow thinking about it made him get a headache.

"I don't remember," Rune responded, knowing that she was waiting for a response. Didn't want to disappoint her.

"I'm not surprised. My son did do a good job of that. He was always the best," she said and sighed in sadness. It was silent for a while. Rune was just compelled to ask so many questions that he was forcing himself to keep his mouth shut. Andais seemed to hear his silent request and spoke.

"Is there anything you wish to know? I'm getting bored of company and a trip down memory lane would be relaxing. Have some tea," she said looking into the fireplace where it was being the only light in the room. Tea was set out on the small table.

"Thank you. May I ask, how…how did you end up like this? No offense," Rune asked and pardoned because he didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"None taken. Actually it was because of my second husband, that I ended up this way. But that wasn't the first time that it happened to me. Before the demons and dragons were fighting a war I was actually living a peaceful life just like everyone else. My life was perfect. That is, until he came along.

"It was love at first sight with him. Everyday I would always see him around town but he would never talk to me, nor would I to him. Then one day he came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go on a rendezvous with him. Well I accepted and eventually we came to know each other. We got married. I was living happily for five years with him. Then he just broke it off. He said things don't last forever. Turns out, he only did that for some stupid bet. I trained and learned every way to defend myself, as well as being on the offensive. It was then I told myself not to trust anyone again. I was wrong.

"I was studying spells and remembered almost every incantation. There was this one I couldn't do. Not even anyone has ever done. Well I was having trouble with it when another guy came up to me and helped. We were friends for a while then it became something more. After a year of being together I found out I was pregnant with a child. His child. Then during the middle of my pregnancy, he left off somewhere and said he would be back. And being the naïve person I was believed he'd be back.

"When he didn't return I decided to travel with my five year old son. I assume that you know him already. While we were traveling I met up with him. And, by golly, he was seeing some other woman. How dishonest can he be? I told him that I also had someone else just to spite back at him but he didn't care. Of course I didn't tell my son that he was his father. This earned me another lesson in not trusting anyone. That's how I started my business. After practicing in the art of medicine and poisons. I killed them both. They were very well known but I had no connections to them so they just picked it off as suicide. Effective isn't it? Haha."

Rune began to feel kinda dizzy. The room started spinning. He figured he was drugged and he collapsed on the couch still somewhat conscious. Andias was standing over him.

"Don't worry. When I have my son back, you and your friend can go back forgetting anything that happened."

Rune closed his eyes as he fell into a dreamless sleep. Andias picked him up and carried him out of the room.

Tbc----------------------

Like it? Review!