Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Fashion sense ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fashion sense

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Disclaimers: As usual, I don't own the DK cast, but Teshyra is mine and Unmei's OC

Author: Jinsei Seishin (got help from: Unmei and ShibÅ)

Pairings: Nadil + Sabel (implied)

Warnings: Fashion criticism ^^;, yaoi (implied), no OOCness, promise. Teshyra is Shydeman's daughter and is one of the EXTREMELY few who can make him angry.

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Teshyra sat on a couch staring at Shydeman doing something, probably paperwork of some sort or such, by his desk in his office. The clock slowly ticked on, not much disturbing the overall silence in the room. But said silence was suddenly shattered as a voice rose in volume.

"OtÅsama…"

"Yes, Teshyra?" The youkai officer said without looking up from his papers.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes. What?"

"Why does Aunt Shyrendora always go around in dresses?"

"… Because she's a woman, obviously." Shydeman continued working, putting a paper aside and taking out a new one. A few more minutes went by in silence, then…

"OtÅsama…"

"Yes?"

"Why does Fedelta's clothes almost always burn?"

"Because he's a fire youkai." Shydeman said, once again not looking up from his desk. And once again a few more minutes went passed in silence.

"OtÅsama…"

"Yes?" The youkai answered his daughter, slightly irritated why she just couldn't ask all her questions after the other.

"Why does Nadil-sama's soul collector Sabel always go around in a skirt?" Shydeman stopped writing, staring down at the papers on his desk.

"How should I know? Why don't you ask him?" Shydeman said before going back to working again, slightly disturbed by that question.

# Ehh… >>;;; That's what it looked like to me at first. But after getting volume 14 and looking through it some I understood that it's shorts that he wears… Oh well. #

"Ok." And oooonce again a few more minutes went by before the silence was, AGAIN, shattered by… "OtÅsama…"

"Yes?! Can't you just ask all your questions in a row Teshyra instead of pausing between them?"

"Nope……… Why do you wear something that looks like a dress? Is it to match Auntie's dress?" ((And I'm referring back to volume 12 of DK where, page 17-19, Shydeman doesn't seem to go clothed in pants but something that looks more like a dress… <.<;;; Or maybe skirt… whatever.)) A deadly quiet silence filled the room. And as the minutes ticked on more and more small sweat drops started to form themselves on the back of half faerie half youkai's head while she watched her father saying not single sound.

"Ummmmm… I think… I'll be going now." she smiled nervously as she slowly slid out of the room.

Teshyra slowly knocked on Shyrendora's door. Sitting at her work desk, the officer looked up towards the door.

"Yes?" Teshyra opened the door and walked in.

"Hey, Aunt…" she refrained herself from saying the last `ie' because she might just not then get her questions answered. "Could I ask you a few questions?" She smiled brightly at her relative. Studying her niece, Shyrendora slowly nodded and gathered the sheet of papers in a pile and put it at the side. It would be nice to get a small pause from work.

"Yes you can." she said, the red in her eyes glimmering slightly. "Shoot." Teshyra smiled brightly at her aunt and walked in, closing the door after her.

"I wanted to ask you a question… or two." She opened her eyes and looked at Shyrendora for a few seconds before continue speaking. "Why does it look like otÅsama has a skirt?" Shyrendora sat silent for several minutes, staring at her niece that blinked with big eyes at her, waiting for a reply. Shyrendora was very near to sweat drop. Teshyra continued to smiled brightly at the pure youkai before her, blinking occasionally too. Slowly she sweat dropped, though the smile stayed on her lips. Shyrendora tried to get control over her voice.

"…'S-skirt'?..."

"Uhuh!" The half faerie nodded. "Well, that's what it looks like anyway sometimes. He wears these long… dresses… or whatever it is… you should know, you've been with him all your life practically." She smiled. Shyrendora got control over her voice and raised an eyebrow.

"When does he wear... this... skirt? When was the last time he wore one?"

"Eeeeeeehhhh..." Teshyra sweat dropped. "Well... we seems to be wearing them all the time... actually."

"All the time?" Shyrendora smiled inside. She, too, had also thought that her older twin looked as he wore skirts, but of course… that was nothing she would ever say to him. "So, now you're wondering why he wears them?" She looked in the direction of Shydeman's study. "Why don't you ask him that?"

"But he would or couldn't answer that." The half youkai pouted in the direction of her father's study. "The whole room just went silent, deadly silent..."

"Eh....." Shyrendora almost laughed, and that was nothing she did very often. Her brother had finally loosened up a bit and even got mad?!

"So you can't answer that either can you? Then can you tell me this then... Why does Sabel wear a skirt?" Teshyra asked as she turned back to face her aunt. Shyrendora couldn't hold back a smile. Her niece was really fun and adorable. Adorable?! Shyrendora was very near to wipe off the smile on her lips. That word shouldn't even exist in a youkai's vocabulary! Buut...

"Maybe he's gay?" Shyrendora's eyes glittered red now and she put on her big white cloak over the red dress she wore. Teshyra eyed her aunt.

"Where are you going?" she asked as she pondered what the youkai had said about the soul collector. "But who would he like then?"

"Out." Shyrendora walked towards the door. "You may join me if you have any more questions... Sabel... maybe he likes your dad? I don't know." Teshyra looked oddly at the other female.

"I don't think so... they're far too much... different..." She sighed. "No, I've got no more questions... I guess that I'll do what otÅsama said I would do... Go ask Sabel why he wears a skirt." Then she turned to her aunt again, a bright smile on her lips. "And what's 'out'? You going to meet with someone? Gee! Why does it suddenly seem like I'm the only one who isn't seeing anyone?" She mused with a bright smile on her face, not actually caring for the fact that she was alone. Shyrendora could not help but stare at the half elf, half youkai before her. A date? Was she nuts? Of course not.

"No."

"Oh! Ok." Said half-blood smiled brightly at her relative. "Ok then... I'll just go ask Sabel then why he wears a skirt." Teshyra said as she walked up to the door and her aunt. "Bye." she said as she walked out the door. Shyrendora looked after the girl for some seconds then she too walked out and closed the door behind her. A faint metallic "ching" could be heard as the youkai officer locked the door.

Teshyra walked over to Sabel's room, knocking on the door before peeking her head in.

"Knock, knock Sabel. Anyone home?" Sabel rolled his eyes and turned around in his seat.

"Yes, I'm here and come on in. What did you want Teshyra?"

"Heh." she smiled at him. "A question..." he blinked and stared at the half-faerie girl. That didn't sound good...

"Yes? What would I be able to answer that you can't ask Shydeman-sama?"

"Ehehehe..." she smiled a bit sheepishly. "Hopefully what not otÅsama or auntie could." she paused to look at him, smiling brightly at him.

"Um... And what would that be?" he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "It's embarrassing, isn't it?"

"Nope! Not at all." she continued smiling brightly at the soul collector. "Why do you wear a skirt, Sabel?" she said, blinking at him, her smile still on her lips. Total silence. A slight blush crept up on Sabel's cheeks as he stared down at the floor. He then looked up at Teshyra again.

"Because... well... because I want to... and the... um... the rest? Ask Nadil-sama!" Sabel ended in a rush, now blushing furiously. The green-haired youkai turned around in his seat again, facing away from Teshyra. Said half elf blinked at him confused, then was swiftly at his side, poking him with her index finger on the cheek.

"Why can't you answer me, eh? And what's with the blush?" she smiled brightly while continued to annoyingly poke him on the cheek.

"S-stop it... Teshyra.. it hurts." Sabel groaned and slumped in his chair, trying to hide from her. "I don't want to, okay!? I won't tell you any more. Go ask Nadil-sama! He knows why... he'll probably tell you." His blush had abated while Teshyra poked him, but as he said the last the blush grew again to a glowing rose color. Teshyra blinked at Sabel, her smile not vanishing but she stopped poking him and handed him a tomato.

"Here you go." she said cheerfully. "I'll go and leave you and the tomato alone to your newly started redness competition." she snickered lightly and patted him on the head before leaving the room. Sabel almost fell out of the chair at the intensified pain as she patted him on the head, but he kept himself seated. He stared blindly at the tomato before whirling around in the chair and shouting after her.

"And stop touching me!" he quieted and groaned silently. "I shouldn't have told her to ask Nadil-sama. He's going to answer her... Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut?" Teshyra opened the door and poked her head back in.

"But one can get such fun reactions from everyone around here!" she said happily, beaming a smile at the pure youkai. Sabel pouted, then glared at her.

"Get out. I have other things to do."

"Awwwwww! Such as?" she smiled brightly. "Who or what do they involve? Your fish? Nadil-sama? Your clothes? You going to change style? Though I doubt that I would recognize you if you suddenly started to wear pants..." she mused aloud to herself. Sabel stared, blushing again and then scowled angrily.

"Get out!" he snarled and threw the tomato he had been holding since Teshyra gave it to him.

"Eeeeek!!" The half faerie ducked out of the room, closing the door with a light bang. The tomato hit the closed door and made a big, red mark as its sad remains and juice slowly crawled down the wood to land on the floor, making a nice little puddle of tomato juice and... tomato remains.

"Geez! Talk about being grumpy." Teshyra walked down one of the corridors in the castle. "But I'm going to get to know why, I want to know. So…" She smiled brightly. "… to Nadil-sama it is then!" she said as she hurried down the halls. Upon arriving at the demon king's office she knocked on the door and waited until she got permission from the man inside the room.

"Hi, Nadil-sama!" she said as she entered the room. Said youkai looked calmly at her.

"Yes? What do you want?"

"I wanted to ask you a question…"

"Yes?" Nadil said as he raised an eyebrow at her. Teshyra smiled brightly at him.

"Why does Sabel wear a skirt? OtÅsama didn't know, Auntie didn't know, Sabel told me to ask you and so here I am." She explained with her smile still on her lips.

"I see." Was her calm reply. "Why Sabel wears a skirt is because…"

Teshyra slowly closed the door behind herself, a big blush over her cheeks.

"Geez… I didn't need or want to know that… that detailed." She said as she walked down a hall, trying to get herself to stop blushing.

A quiet knock came on Sabel's door. Sabel looked up, scowling. If that was Teshyra again...

"Come in." he snapped, not happy at all. Said half faerie half youkai opened the door, a bright smile on her face, though a little of her blush still present there.

"Hey! Sabel..."

"What!" he growled. Couldn't she just leave well enough alone? He withstood the urge to pout, why couldn't things go his way for once?

"Aheheheh..." She smiled. "Nadil-sama wanted me to tell you... to go to him." her bright smile stayed in place but her almost invisible blush took a tiny step towards being more visible.

"He… oh... um. Alright." Sabel rose from where he had been sitting on the bed (having moved there some time after Teshyra left the room) and walked up to the half-faerie. "Can you get out of the way? I don't want to keep Nadil-sama waiting."

"Nya~!" Teshyra, despite her age, stuck her tongue out at the youkai, though she still had a smile on her lips so it didn't quite look like a grimace, more like a teasing/friendly raspberry. She walked out of the room and grinned at him. "Don't make too much noise." She smiled brightly. Sabel quickly walked past her and closed the door, all the while impersonating that tomato that had met such an unfortunate fate earlier.

"I can't believe that she knows... I'm never going to live this down..." Sabel groaned and walked through the corridors of Nadil's castle, towards his lord. And all this just because Teshyra wanted to know why Sabel wore a skirt. "This is all Nadil-sama's fault... `easy access', my ass!" Sabel muttered darkly as he knocked on Nadil's door and slipped inside.

-- FINI --