Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Lady in red ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lady in red

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Disclaimers: Dragon Knights is the sole property of Mineko Ohkami, but Kazkana is my own character.

Author: Jinsei Seishin

Pairings: Chalek x Kazkana (implied)

Warnings: None

*************************************************************** **************************************************

The grand hall was slowly filling up with people; lights were dimmed but just slightly, the large quantity of lit candles in the big cut-glass chandeliers made the crystals in the chandeliers as well as the crystal glasses shimmer and sparkle lightly. The twilight had just ended and the evening darkness was creeping in over the courtyard and royal garden of the Dragon Castle.

I've never seen you looking solovely as you did tonight

I've never seen you shine so bright

Big, softly green eyes watched a young looking woman from a distance, her blood red dress lying softly around her feet where she sat on a velvet clad chair, her attention on the dance floor. Her white and red highlighted hair was up in a beautiful hairdo, a thin silver chain with crystals hanging down from it was swirling around like a snake in her hair too, making it sparkle softly, making up for the lack of light reflection in her eyes. Her golden but blind eyes calmly watched the small sea of dancing pairs.

As the song ended and the next one started a man suddenly walked up to her, politely offering her a hand and asking her something. She just smiled and nodded before taking his hand, being led out on the dance floor.

I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance

Looking for a little romance

Given half a chance

As the music floated out in the grand, almost luminous and richly decorated room the dancing pairs started to move again, softly moving in the known steps of the slow and fine dance, each dancer's body not too close and yet not too far away from the other. Young green eyes continuing to watch the woman who was now dancing with a duke, lord or whatever the man was. The young dragon knew that it didn't mean much at all to her, but those of highborn status were still trying to get her favour. She might so be blind and not the Dragon Queen but she still, for an unknown and unexplainable reason, held Dragon Eyes, and she was, after all, also the younger sister of her Highness the Dragon Queen.

I've never seen that dress you're wearing

Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes

I have been blind

No, but all that he, the now 5-year-old heir of the grand Dragon Kingdom, Lykouleon, cared about was that she, his aunt, was once again back. This latest trip of hers, that she was allowed to do without guards because they knew that she could protect herself, even if they now never had thought that she would be gone this long either, had been on six months. The longest of time ever that she had been gone from the royal castle of the Dragon tribe. She had come back safely but though had some things that he had never seen before, like her dress and jewellery. She had come back previous afternoon, just in time for the celebration of his birthday, but he hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her, since others had wanted to know where she had been for so long without getting a single word from her about how or where she was. He really wanted to spend some time with her, talk to her; he knew that Shin and Hayate also had missed her. She had always had a really strong friendship with the dragons, and especially with the Light and Wind dragons.

Lady in red

is dancing with me (cheek to cheek)

It's nobody here; it's just you and me

It's where I want to be

But I hardly know this beauty by my side

I'll never forget, the way you look tonight

As the beautiful music sets the slow rhythm the pairs move on, it's getting late, at least for 5-year-old children. The young heir shakes his head in answer to his mother's question of if he would want to go to bed. Stifling a yawn the young, royal dragon got up, slowly moving over the dance floor.

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight

I've never seen you shine so bright

You were amazing

With a start she stopped in her dancing and looked down, not really needing to but knowing that her small nephew wanted to really see that she had noticed him. She smiled down warmly at the short, golden-haired and green-eyed little child, then she turned her attention and face back up to her dancing partner.

"Please excuse me."
"But of course your highness." The noble blooded, young looking dragon immediately let her go and walked off the dance floor. The royal dragon slowly bent down and picked up her nephew. Knowing all too well that there were quite a few noble dragons that had been hoping for a chance to dance this evening.

I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side

And when you turned to me and smiled

You took my breath away

Slowly she started to move again in rhythm with the music, holding her small relative close to her as she danced on, having guessed and been right on that he had wanted her attention during the whole evening. She lightly petted his fluffy, golden hair as he hung to her somewhat sleepily.

Dancing for just a while longer she then walked up to where the royal couple were sitting.

"I'll be taking Lykouleon to bed." The Dragon Queen smiled thankfully at her sister.

"Thank you Kazkana. Will you be coming back?"
"Don't know." The female dragon smiled before leaving the grand room with soft steps, carrying her nephew, who looked half asleep, in a secured hold, his head leaning on her neck and his light arms around her back, fingers lightly entwined.

I've never had such a feeling,

such a feeling of complete and utter love…

as I do tonight

Walking slowly through the halls, the music and other sounds softly getting lower and lower until they couldn't be heard at all they arrived to the young dragon's bedroom. Walking in and gently closing the door behind her Kazkana was just about to put her nephew to bed when changing her mind and walked out on the balcony, sitting down on the railing, holding Lykouleon close so that he wouldn't freeze. She slowly let her blind eyes wander over the beautiful garden that she couldn't see, softly stroking her hand over the little, royal dragon's golden hair.

Lady in red

is dancing with me (cheek to cheek)

It's nobody here; it's just you and me

It's where I want to be

But I hardly know this beauty by my side

I'll never forget, the way you look tonight

They sat on the balcony for until she felt that it was too cool and that the smaller form in her hold was almost sleeping. She then stood up and walked in, tucking Lykouleon in, putting a kiss on his forehead.

I'll never forget… the way you look tonight

She slowly walked up to the door, standing in the doorway for a few moments, her attention on the bed. Then… smiling, she walked out of his room totally, closing the door gently behind her.

The lady in red

The lady in red

The lady in red

Slowly walks through the halls, opening the door to her own room, stopping, turning around, looking in the direction that she just came from. Thinking for a moment about the rest of the evening and the people that would like to talk to her before going into her room, slowly closing the door behind her and leaning on it and sighing lightly into the darkness of her room.

"Oh Chalek… I'm coming back as soon as possible… I'm sorry Lykouleon, but I'm going to leave soon again…"

My lady in red…

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Awwwwwieeeee! ^.^ Wasn't this cute? Lil' Lykky-chan wanted to dance with his aunt! And this was the part before Kazkana returns to Chalek to not come back again… or so that was they way she planned when she got back to him… <.<