Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight meeting, midnight rescue ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Midnight meeting, midnight rescue

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Disclaimers: As always… I do not own Dragon Knights or anything around it… Except for Chalek! He's my OC.

Author: Jinsei Seishin

Pairings: Kharl's uncle x Kharl (implied)

Warnings: Rape (implied), angst (some), death

All from Kharl's point of view

*************************************************************** **************************************************

It's a cool and quiet summer evening, the breeze that floats in through the open window makes the light curtains move slightly. It's a really wonderful evening, I must say, but… there's something that worries me. I know it must seem stupid if anyone would be looking at me as I look around my big room with quite nervous eyes, but… I'm shuddering; there certainly is something that is going to happen tonight. Eyes widening. Please, oh gods please don't let it be what I'm thinking! I drape my arms around myself as if to ward of some coldness that isn't there. No, I'm just tired, yes, that must be it. It can't be that, it must just be me. I should go to bed, now, before I scare myself out of my mind. Putting back the book on the shelve then walking up to the long window, closing it, before I head to the bed in the other end of the room. I cast a look over my shoulder. Why? Why must the bed stand as it does? So that the moonlight, the only light present in the room at the moment, falls on my bed. I think that I'll move the bed tomorrow, yes, that's what I'm going to do. I sigh and close my eyes for a second, starting to undo the buttons to my shirt, when opening my eyes again I freeze in my movements, I stare at my bed. No… nononono! Don't! Please don't let that be…! But the shadow on the bed speaks silently what my terrified mind wishes not to be true and the arms that comes around me only clarifies it more. Not again! Oh gods, please! Not again! The pain, how many times will I be able to stand this? As I'm whirled around, my unbuttoned shirt swiftly taken off in the process, I see that face again; my uncle. Why? Why must you do this to me? Why over and over again? I can't even count the times anymore! I now that they aren't that many but many times enough for my mind to not keep track of them. Over 5, so much I know anyway. I guess that I've got one thing to be happy over… it isn't as painful as the first few times any longer… But still! It's still extremely painful! Why!? Why must you do this to me!? You! My uncle of all people! You're not some random person out there! You're my uncle! Does blood mean nothing to you?! It's not worth it wasting my tears right now, no; wait until the pain is intense instead, or until after he has gone, it's less humiliating then. I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't just be easier to kill myself or to escape as his hands begins to travel over my chest. But where would I go? Many a time's I've thought that thought and always the same questions follow in its wake; where would I go? Not home because… there's another question hunting me there. Was I sent here and they knew that I would be raped? Because if that's it then they surely only would send me back and when I would get back here he would probably punish me in the same way as last time… do it more often and, since this then would be the second time that I escape, maybe even, I shudder at the thought, do it more than once every time he does it and in more than one way! I shut my eyes even tighter, now we're on the bed, tomorrow I'll have to change these sheets, again, for the second time in two weeks. I'm without my pants now, I know that he's looking at my body he always does, looking, touching, like if I'm some kind of thing that belongs to him, that he has bought! It's so humiliating! Why!? Why me!? That question seems to be coming every time to my mind. Now he's taking of his own clothes, I can hear the rustling of silk cloth as they come off and are dropped beside the bed. And then again his hands are on me. Why, oh why!? Suddenly a cold wind blows through the room; my uncle's voice rise, he's angry, I can hear that. I don't dare to open my eyes but he's asking someone or thing who it is and… My uncle's angry voice turns into a scream! I bolt up, my eyes wide open and the first thing that I see is my uncle lying on the floor, on his clothes, his throat slashed open and blood pouring out from it. I feel like throwing up! Well enough for that I've seen blood before but never seen someone killed in such a way! In pure reaction I pull the covers to me, covering my body as I, shuddering, turn towards the window where a tall figure stands. He's wearing a long, white cloak, one of his hands is outside it, raised in the air, the hand is dripping with blood. My uncle's blood! All that comes to my terrified mind right now is the question if mine soon, too, will be on this stranger's, this yokai's, hand, dropping to the floor. I know that my eyes are watching him in terror; I can't make myself do anything else! I can't move! Even if it so would be to save myself! His eyes are on me, cool, calm, a line to mouth. He swiftly picks up a piece of my uncle's clothing, drying his hand off on it and putting back on a white glove before walking the last steps up to me. All I can do is to lean backwards, staring at him. As he come closer I can see that his hair is a dark blue color and his eyes are a dark, sea-weed green color. But what really surprises me is that now a small smile is on his lips, not an evil such but a small and gentle one. He takes the cover from me, but doesn't look at my naked body, no, instead he pulls off his big cloak and puts it over my shoulders, locking it into place. Reaching out he picks me up. He holds me like you would hold a female, one arm under and around my thigh and the other around my back, like you would carry a bride. He swiftly walks up to the window, easily going up to stand on the low windowsill; I turn my eyes from his face to look down. It's high! I'm about to protest, if he jumps we're both going to die! But he already has. I somehow get my hands out from within the cloak, desperately they latches themselves to the front of his shirt where I also buries my face, shutting my eyes tight. Suddenly I hear him chuckle and I don't feel any air pressure around us either, well, air pressure indicating we're falling downwards at least. I dare myself to look and I see that we're floating in the air, swiftly and smoothly. I can hardly believe it! We're floating through the air! Isn't that something only the faeries can do? And he doesn't even have wings either, like me… I blink at the ground that passes below us.

I must have fallen asleep somewhere because when I open my eyes I hear him speak to me. It's a gentle but commanding voice; I bet that it could frighten many a people if he only were to raise it in anger. He repeats his words as I give him a questioning look.

"Look forward young one." I do as he says and what I see amazes me. It's a grand castle, old fashioned and made in stone, yet, it's very beautiful. As we float closer to it I can see the large garden, the surroundings are nothing that I know of which makes it impossible for me to place it anywhere of where I know where I am. He seems to understand that since he answers my unspoken wonder.

"We're in Arinas, nearer to the south than to the middle, on an island actually." I look up at him, the moonlight is painting him pale, but I can see that he's not as pale as me anyway. The colors on his hair and eyes are correct though. As we slowly descends to land on a balcony and he walks inside, putting me down on a big, soft, velvet couch, I finally get my courage and brain together to ask him what I've been wondering all this time.

"W-who are you?"

I know that my voice isn't in one of its best and steadiest tones but I have to know. He chuckles friendly as he turns, walking up to the big glass doors, closing them for the cold winds that now are blowing outside. In here it's warm, not too far away a fire in a big hearth is burning, illuminating the whole room softly. Said room being filled with book shelves, thick, plush carpets, soft couches, the big fireplace and a big, beautiful, black piano. He turns around and looks at me. He smiles friendly at me while walking up to stand in front of me.

"I'm Chalek… the Poison Master and Alchemist wizard of Arinas. And you're my apprentice… you were going to be for a long time. Too bad that I didn't get to know about your little…" He motions in the air with his hand for a few seconds, searching for a word. "… unwilling side detour, kind of." He smiles at me as I turn my head down to stare at my knees, a blush painting my cheeks, ashamed. He knows, he knows all too well what has happened to me. For a long, too long, moment I'm silent, then…

"I… Master Chalek…" He gently pushes my face up to meet his gaze with one hand while the other is held up for silence, he softly shakes his head.

"You don't need to say anything. And if you feel like you really need to then we'll take that tomorrow. It's far past bed time, even for me." He laughs slightly at that as he motions for me to follow.

I don't understand how he can walk in this! Alright, he is taller than me and surely has walked in these for some time too, but still! I have to hold the cloak up to not fall on it because of it, and he's just silently laughing at it. But I can understand why, especially if he's used to walk around in them.

As we enter a grand room the candles hanging in their candelabras on the walls flash alive, the room now bathing in soft fire light. This happened in the corridors too; first time it did I almost fell over but clung to him instead. He chuckled at me and said that he had put a spell on all the candles in the castle and that he would teach me it as soon as possible. The room is lovely, the bed big and freshly made. As he guides me over to it, he's giving a light description on the castle and some certain things about and in it as he at the same time makes it clear for me through the movements of his hands that I should go to bed. For a second my mind turn suspicious. What if he's going to do the same to me as my uncle did? But as I get to bed he takes the cloak, laying it down on a long, velvet clad stool at the end of the white clothed bed and walks up to the door, giving me a last smile before closing it behind him as he leaves the room. I stare up at the grey ceiling for a few moments before turning to stare at the white, slightly transparent curtains that are now closing my new bed off from the rest of the room. It's dark in the room, the thick curtains that are hanging before the big windows only have a slight strip where the moonlight can seep through. The whole room is washed in white from the curtains that are closed around my bed.

I think that I must have fallen asleep yet again there because the next thing I see is that the room is slightly lighter and that the sun is seeping through the curtains covering the windows. I blink at the room before slowly getting up, not having any other clothes here I put on the cloak that he left by the end of the bed before leaving the room to go search for him.

I wonder where all the time went? Minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, even years. I've been living with Master Chalek now for almost three years now, it still surprises me how much I've learnt during so little time, how much I've come to trust and like him. He's away at the very moment but will soon return. In Dusis, that's anyway where he said that he would go, but when it comes to him, the secretive and powerful Poison and Alchemist Master of Arinas you can never be too sure. He might say Dusis but where he really is going might FIRST only be to Dusis and then to someplace else… if you're not asking him for details he won't tell. But that's only if he doesn't want you to know. Anyway… he should be back soon, well, should being the word… He can make a lot of side trips along the way of getting home but they're all necessary he says.

Aah! I think that that was him just now opening the door, actually, who else could it be. Smiling I leave the library to go and greet him, maybe help him or take something off his hands and put it away for him, you never know.

*************************************************************** **************************************************

Nyehehehe! XD Angsty! <.< But not in the end! =3 I… like Chalek sooo much! <3