Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ You Worry Too Much, Rune... ❯ Hahaha..... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
You Worry Too Much, Rune....
by Akatriel

************************************************************************ **********************************
Dislaimer: I don't own it.

************************************************************************ **********************************

Looking around me, I see the faces of the many people I've come to care about. These people, so very different and unique, were ones that I'd come to depend on. Through thick and thin.

As Tetheus's droning voice started "lecture" mode, my thoughts drifted to the past. The time when, long ago, I was nothing but a common thief.

I remembered the hunger. How I'd live everyday just to survive, to be able to live to see the next day. Of course, Kitchel stealing all of my money didn't help much.

But what I remembered most of all was the absence of hope.

Being born and bred on the streets of Dragoon, I'd soon learned that it didn't pay to have false expectations. Or, in other words, hope. Because everyday was a fight to survive, nothing else. Hope was just a boring distraction.

/Speaking of being distracted..../

"Thatz?" Rune's alto voice brought me back to my senses momentarily. I smile. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You looked a bit out of it a few seconds ago." His face, so gentle in nature, is creased with worry.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just thinking. Thanks for worrying."

Still not completely satisfied, but reluctant to be a nuisance, Rune turns around, no doubt planning on keeping an eye on me.

I can't help but smile.

I return to my previous thoughts. What was it again? Oh yeah. Hope.

It was more of a game for me, really, because it doesn't gurantee anything. And if I wasn't sure if I would get something or not, it was obviously of no use.

But, looking around me, my gaze flickering a second too long on a certain red eyed knight, I realize that my life really had changed. Because now I have a reason to hope. To hope for happiness, not only for me, but for my friends as well. Because now, unlike before, I had friends. And, as dysfunctional as it was, a family.

It's suddenly so clear now. I realize in this instant, looking around me, that I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here, with Rune and Thatz, and Alfeegi......

This new revelation makes my heart feel a little lighter, and my mood become cheery. After all, whatever happens, we'll be together. What happens, happens. Contentedly I finish my food, and I walk out into the garden. Life is good.

______________________________________

Puzzled, Rune stared after Thatz. A few moments ago, he could have sworn that Thatz was worried about something. Or maybe....confused? Seeking solace, he turned to Rath, saying, hesitantly, "Do you think there's something wrong with Thatz? He seemed a bit...off, earlier."

Rath rolled his eyes. "You know, he always has these mood swings. He's always goofy and stuff, so it never lasts long when he's feeling down."

Rune frowned. "I guess."

Rath sighed knowingly, but all he said was, "You worry too much, Rune." And with that, he walked off.

Rune's frown deepened. Turning to fire, he asked, "You ever get the feeling they know something I don't?"

Fire responded: Yeah, but that's nothing new.

Fire was then bombarded with three ton boulders.

As Rune retreats, you can see a small card, barely visible, saying, "You worry too much, Rune."

~Owari~

________________________________________________________________________

Hehe...I know it didn't make sense, and I'm sorry. It's just that I wrote this a LONG time ago, and I wanted to post it, so I just.....wrote this. Heehee ^_^ Well, I like it, anyhow.....I sort of feel satisfied, somehow. I mean, Rath is always made off to be the one with all the problems, and we forget all about poor Thatz. I just thought that just because he's always happy-go-lucky doesn't mean he's ALWAYS happy. That would just be unnatural, wouldn't it? ^_^

Well, that was long....I hope you liked it! Please review (whether you enjoyed it or not...but please, keep the criticism CONSTRUCTIVE!)

-Akatriel